April 16, 2014 | 849 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I don't think this really compares to other fiber mascaras i have tried. There aren't many fibers and the formula is quite thick. It really doesn't do much, too much product comes out on the wand, and I wasn't too happy with the results. Didn't do anything special for me and I wouldn't buy this again.
A better fiber mascara for around the same price is NYX Doll Eyes long lash! I find the fibers in that to actually be effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

I'm on my third tube of this. It's the only mascara other than Almay one coat that I have bought consistently. With minimal application, I have thick and longer eyelashes. Also, it rinses off easily with soap and water. It does not cause my eyelashes to fall out either. I will continuing wearing it for quite awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I recently gave up on L'Oreal mascaras, but I had to give this one a try because I was curious about the fibers in the mascara, and if it would make a big difference to my lashes.

I picked False Fiber lashes last week and gave it a shot. It has some pros and cons to it, but it works better for me than other L'Oreal mascaras surprisingly.

Most of their mascaras smudge on my oily lids. This one did not smudge. I liked the brush, which is an old school regular fuzzy brush - not the rubber/plastic spike kind. It is tapered towards the end to make getting the little lashes in the corners easier.

What I didn't like is the amount of time that I had to spend to get my lashes to look good. I put on several coats (I like big lashes). It started to clump big time. I used a metal lash comb to comb them out and set them how I like. It took quite a while because some of the little fibers in the mascara were going in all different directions lol.

In the end, my lashes looked good...but I don't have that much time to spend working with the clumps and fibers. This is a decent mascara, but it's not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used it about 5 times - hoping it would work for me but no matter how I've applied it the effect was the same: EXTREMELY clumpy lashes. Waste of money as for me it's completely unusable - in the trash it goes :(((

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara, in the waterproof formulation. I only ever use waterproof mascaras. I've been using this for about a couple years now, and while I am occassionally tempted into buying other mascaras (Maybelline One by One, Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes, Maybelline The Falsies, etc) I always go back and get another tube of this mascara.
I will note that the first few uses of the tube can be a little wet in formulation, and easy to get too much product onto the lashes so it clumps, but after a week or so it gets a little more dry and then is fantastic to work with. This isn't a mascara to layer over once it has dried though, otherwise you get the fibers sticking to the other fibers and it clumps. I apply until I'm happy with it, let it set, and then my lashes stay curled and lengthened and full looking ALL DAY/NIGHT. I have really long, hard to curl lashes, but this keeps them up and curled until I take it off. I've never had problems with flaking. I like the brush, it does a good job of grabbing lashes from the base without smudging all over the lash line, and it separates and emphasizes every natural lash.
Can't say enough about this product, it's only $8, it's waterproof (tested! Can swim and no running/flaking, but you do lose some curl. Not really affected by crying at all), the brush is easy to use, lasts a long time, and I get asked if I'm wearing false lashes all the time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD: One of the more dramatic drugstore formulas, very dark smokey look. The brush is fairly early to look, doesn't really clump.

THE BAD: The brush is very long, so it makes it kind of awkward while applying the formula at times. It is a rather skinny brush though so it makes it easier to reach the smaller lashes near the front of my eye.

THE UGLY: Unfortunately this mascara makes my lashes lose its curl :/ Any dramatic flair it adds gets nullified if my eyelashes are drooping, not cool! Also the formula smudges under my eyes a bit

Definitely not a rebuy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

To start with, I don't care for the gaudy packaging or the lengthy wand. I also think the brush is a bit unwieldy, but could get used to it with practice. More importantly, I do not care for the clumpiness of this formula, or how dry and flaky it is. It flakes into my eyes and irritates them. I also think that its price point (~$11) is a little high for drugstore mascara considering the results - I could get better quality from Maybelline Great Lash for a fraction of price. This is one of the most frustrating formulas I've tried in years.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lislee

Horrible fiber mascara! It's extremely clumpy. I love Japanese fiber mascaras so I thought I'd try this out- but this one does not compare. Packaging looks nice, but once you open the package, it feels cheap. The wand feels cheap as well. Can't wait to use this all up- not repurchasing ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is actually pretty nice. My sister bought it for me as a present and I like it a lot. The formula is more on the thick side and the brush has tons of bristles. The fibers have never fallen on my face too. It separates really well. But doesn't give much volume, just a little, and it does lengthen a little but not much. Also it make my lashes look more full which is a good thing. So basically what it does best is separates and thickens lashes. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I guess it goes to show that everyone finds different things to like in a product and to dislike in a product. I've only been using this for a week so far, but I'm really impressed. I have blond lashes that aren't particularly long or thick, and usually I really like Maybelline Full and Soft for a nice natural look. This could be my new HG for more dramatic lashes. I don't have a problem with clumping or flakes and many eye product leave me wiith dark under eyes at the end of the day. This one does not. When I look at my makeup after work, there's the usual foundation worn off, but my lashes were still dark and my undereyes were darker only because of the concealer wearing off, not because of flakes of mascara under my eyes. Woot!

It's not the easiest to remove mascara I've used, but it doesn't require scrubbing to come off, it just didn't come off with the initial wash, I needed to use my washcloth on my eyes. I like the original Voluminous too since its another one that rarely flakes on me, but I think this one is a more intense effect so will replace it. I also like the shiny tube and brush. It's strange, but this is one of the few makeup products I don't have any complaints about.