December 21, 2014 | 1239 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I wear this pretty regularly, but it reacts to my chemistry in very different ways depending on the day, so I have to test it--sometimes it is nice and fresh and light, other times it can be a little "grandma" on me like a reviewer said below. I have to take a tiny roll-on to try it, see what it is like that day, and either proceed or abort.

I like this strange smell, better than the other ones I got (Rasta and Black Orchid) at Tom's, but even though I wear it several times a week, I wouldn't say it is HG.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love all different fragrances. yet the one i always return to is egyptian musks. they are just more, me. this in particular is a lovely sexy earthy, feminine scent. its soft enough to be intriguing but it is very lovely. i adore perfume oils too. much better staying power and with spray perfumes it takes a while to let the scent "develop". i just love this. i am always smelling my wrist when i wear this. its isnt for everyone but it is unique and lovely.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got into Egyptian musks a few years back for some reason or another, and ended up trying all different blends/brands. I came upon Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess during that time and have been wearing it ever since.

I'm really not an perfume oil kind of gal. I really like a perfume I can spray and that I KNOW is getting on my clothes and skin. Despite this, I really love Egyptian Goddess. It's very warm, soft and feminine. A tad sweeter than my other favorite musk (Abdul Kareem's Egyptian Musk) but still very mature. I don't wear this as often as I should but every time I do, someone compliments me on the scent.

The staying power is also awesome. I generally only dab this on my wrists and inner arm and the scent lasts forever! Not a few hours, I'm talking like ten to twelve hours. Also, the price is simply astounding. So cheap but not at all cheap smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lilstrawberrykirb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mmm! This one I like. It is very unique, feminine, and just yummy. I enjoy it and would definately recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

A decent Egyptian-style musk without a lot of added frills; there may be some discreet floral notes in here but I pick up a supporting cast of mainly quiet spices and woods. Dries down soft and close, hangs around a long time. It's evocative of clean skin but unlike so many of the recent popular musk scents the emphasis is on the "skin" rather than the "clean" so it smells warm and slightly sexy, not soapy. Surprisingly good at the price point and worth it if you want an everyday, neutral light musk. If you like it, you may want to check out "Special Delivery"from Dirty Sanchez Soaps on etsy, which uses a very similar fragrance.

EDIT 2012: after educating my nose a little more, I can identify this scent as having a solid backbone of musk + jasmine. I'm not a big jasmine wearer but together with the musk I really like it. I believe it's the jasmine that evokes the "soapy" association some people have for Egyptian musk.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just got this in the mail today along with two other scents. I ordered it off of Amazon and Tom's Incense, it was $19.77 for the three of them.

This scent, I'm not really positive, but I think I detect water lily, musk and maybe sandalwood amongst many other notes. It's a sort of incense smell to me...which I like. It's more on the mature side.
I think it could be considered a "sexy" scent depending on who you're trying to attract. I'm sure a few people would consider it an old lady scent though haha. But it's soft and I like it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by thevintagecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i read the reviews ,bought it without thinking(i had it shiped internationally) 3 roll-ons plus other scents (which i ended up liking them better than EG)
at first i could not smell it at all (weired) never had this problem with any other scent,but after 2 uses i could smell it and i need to tell those poeple who think this sexy IT IS NOT,it's a clean ,skin scent,like your skin smells after a shower with a very obvious floral notes nothing more.
the price is good ,packaging is handy and now i use it after showering and when going out i spray my own perfum as you can easily layer this with almost anything,not going to buy again,i liked other auric blends better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Egyptian Goddess because of the staggering number of positive reviews it got here. And while it was pretty, it was a tad too sweet for me. However, I liked to use it for the gym -- until the second or third day I developed a red irritation on my wrists, neck and backs of my knees.

Not sure what kind of oil is in it, but it's the only one I've found that does not agree with me. And while less than $10 is cheap, it's expensive when you have to throw it out or give it away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ellecarys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the search for a perfect musk scent. I love Skin Musk but I was looking for something a little more sophisticated. I love NR for her and heard that the Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess is comparable to BR Musc oil. I sure hope not.

I blindly ordered this from the AB website after reading so many positive reviews. I was at my local Central Market today and dabbed a bit on my wrist to sample the scent. It was OK at first. Very powdery and synthetic, but your typical egyptian musk scent. I continously sniffed my wrist during the shopping trip and the scent became more acrid and metallic as time went by. I arrived home and my 6 year old daughter said 'You smell just like grandma!" and my husband thought it smelled cheap and powdery. It's very unpleasant. Maybe the sample was rancid, but everytime I sniff my wrist I get a sharp and pungent odor that reminds me of burning tires and spoiled fruit. Not a HG for me. I hope I can cancel my order in time!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Bassmastadroog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because I am an oil frag fan and because I read reviews manically before I purchase things I do not have tester access to, I was pretty sure I couldn't go wrong with Egyptian Goddess. My skin is able to hold and react lovely to fragrances in general very well, so I really had no qualms about purchasing before testing after the reviews. First of all, the packaging is handy, holds enough oil to last you (I put two large stripes down one arm, and swipes on each side of my neck) for a while, as 1/3 of an ounce is surprisingly much for a roll-on bottle. It allows for no wasting of the product. Also, oil roll-ons tend to be MUCH easier on the sinuses than spray, and is more convenient to freshen up with when you aren't at home.
To the scent: When I wear fragrances, I like to be able to smell them when I move, all day long getting tiny whiffs. Not have them overpower my senses throughout the day like I literally sprayed them above my lip. Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess does EXACTLY what I want. It almost feels magical; when you are least expecting it, you will smell it. Its actually a scent I have trouble smelling when I want to, as I don't really sense much when I smell where I rubbed it. Having said that, for those who like strong smells, this does mean that it is a rather weak one in comparison to most I have tried. As for the scent itself, it is very ethereal. To me it smells like light orient incense, floral notes slightly powdered, and a cool white moon on a fresh rainy morning. It really can be that poetic! It is a strangely attractive scent and is easily able to make the wearer feel comfortable and in tune with it, rather than having to live up to its stench. This is definitely a natural scent that smells like it belongs on the skin, just barely hovering above it. A whisper scent.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No