April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

A decent Egyptian-style musk without a lot of added frills; there may be some discreet floral notes in here but I pick up a supporting cast of mainly quiet spices and woods. Dries down soft and close, hangs around a long time. It's evocative of clean skin but unlike so many of the recent popular musk scents the emphasis is on the "skin" rather than the "clean" so it smells warm and slightly sexy, not soapy. Surprisingly good at the price point and worth it if you want an everyday, neutral light musk. If you like it, you may want to check out "Special Delivery"from Dirty Sanchez Soaps on etsy, which uses a very similar fragrance.

EDIT 2012: after educating my nose a little more, I can identify this scent as having a solid backbone of musk + jasmine. I'm not a big jasmine wearer but together with the musk I really like it. I believe it's the jasmine that evokes the "soapy" association some people have for Egyptian musk.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just got this in the mail today along with two other scents. I ordered it off of Amazon and Tom's Incense, it was $19.77 for the three of them.

This scent, I'm not really positive, but I think I detect water lily, musk and maybe sandalwood amongst many other notes. It's a sort of incense smell to me...which I like. It's more on the mature side.
I think it could be considered a "sexy" scent depending on who you're trying to attract. I'm sure a few people would consider it an old lady scent though haha. But it's soft and I like it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by thevintagecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i read the reviews ,bought it without thinking(i had it shiped internationally) 3 roll-ons plus other scents (which i ended up liking them better than EG)
at first i could not smell it at all (weired) never had this problem with any other scent,but after 2 uses i could smell it and i need to tell those poeple who think this sexy IT IS NOT,it's a clean ,skin scent,like your skin smells after a shower with a very obvious floral notes nothing more.
the price is good ,packaging is handy and now i use it after showering and when going out i spray my own perfum as you can easily layer this with almost anything,not going to buy again,i liked other auric blends better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Egyptian Goddess because of the staggering number of positive reviews it got here. And while it was pretty, it was a tad too sweet for me. However, I liked to use it for the gym -- until the second or third day I developed a red irritation on my wrists, neck and backs of my knees.

Not sure what kind of oil is in it, but it's the only one I've found that does not agree with me. And while less than $10 is cheap, it's expensive when you have to throw it out or give it away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ellecarys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the search for a perfect musk scent. I love Skin Musk but I was looking for something a little more sophisticated. I love NR for her and heard that the Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess is comparable to BR Musc oil. I sure hope not.

I blindly ordered this from the AB website after reading so many positive reviews. I was at my local Central Market today and dabbed a bit on my wrist to sample the scent. It was OK at first. Very powdery and synthetic, but your typical egyptian musk scent. I continously sniffed my wrist during the shopping trip and the scent became more acrid and metallic as time went by. I arrived home and my 6 year old daughter said 'You smell just like grandma!" and my husband thought it smelled cheap and powdery. It's very unpleasant. Maybe the sample was rancid, but everytime I sniff my wrist I get a sharp and pungent odor that reminds me of burning tires and spoiled fruit. Not a HG for me. I hope I can cancel my order in time!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Bassmastadroog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because I am an oil frag fan and because I read reviews manically before I purchase things I do not have tester access to, I was pretty sure I couldn't go wrong with Egyptian Goddess. My skin is able to hold and react lovely to fragrances in general very well, so I really had no qualms about purchasing before testing after the reviews. First of all, the packaging is handy, holds enough oil to last you (I put two large stripes down one arm, and swipes on each side of my neck) for a while, as 1/3 of an ounce is surprisingly much for a roll-on bottle. It allows for no wasting of the product. Also, oil roll-ons tend to be MUCH easier on the sinuses than spray, and is more convenient to freshen up with when you aren't at home.
To the scent: When I wear fragrances, I like to be able to smell them when I move, all day long getting tiny whiffs. Not have them overpower my senses throughout the day like I literally sprayed them above my lip. Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess does EXACTLY what I want. It almost feels magical; when you are least expecting it, you will smell it. Its actually a scent I have trouble smelling when I want to, as I don't really sense much when I smell where I rubbed it. Having said that, for those who like strong smells, this does mean that it is a rather weak one in comparison to most I have tried. As for the scent itself, it is very ethereal. To me it smells like light orient incense, floral notes slightly powdered, and a cool white moon on a fresh rainy morning. It really can be that poetic! It is a strangely attractive scent and is easily able to make the wearer feel comfortable and in tune with it, rather than having to live up to its stench. This is definitely a natural scent that smells like it belongs on the skin, just barely hovering above it. A whisper scent.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by vim876

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells spicy and feminine, but not at all overpowering. Subtly sexy. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jesshunter

I absolutely love this...and it works very well with my body chemistry. I ordered the samples direct from the company, as no retailers here in my area sell it. I also ordered some other sampler packs they offer to try their other scents. I already ordered the large bottle and can't wait for that to come in! My new perfume staple, and overall inexpensive. The large bottle direct from Auric Blends is only $24.99. A steal! A very seductive but low-key feminine musk. I can definitely wear this to work and for an evening out.
* Just received my large 2 oz bottle in the mail.....my new signature scent :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

Started out nice, smelled just like most of the other reviewers have described. Unfortunatly, my chemistry does not work perfectly with it. After a while it began to smell like a had attended a campfire and then spent hours making cotton candy. All in all, it was not unpleasent just a bit flat and boring. Im sure with the right chemistry EG could have much more depth and intrest.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Marcelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very natural, slightly sexy, skin scent. I find Jovan to synthetic smelling, Alyssa Ashley overpowering, with a powdery old lady smell, Skin was just blech. Egyptian goddess is subtly sexy, feminine, but, not powdery. I have gotten numerous compliments from both men and women-always someone standing very close (in an elevator or over my shoulder at a computer, etc). thankfully this is not a perfume that precedes you or lingers after you are gone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No