April 19, 2014 | 1773 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Anahata66

After dozens of foundations over the years, Chanel seems to give me the most flawless face. I have hypergimentation issues, large pores in some areas, and this foundation, which has a slight matte finish to it...works very very well for me. I don't understand the hype around Makeup Forevers foundations? they always make my skin super oily. I want to like them, but I gave up. Chanel it is, at least for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by GingerMelrose

After using the Vita lumier aqua (not a big fan) I decided to buy the Perfection lumiere. At first I thought it looked "ok" on my skin and after a few hours it started to show marks on my skin. I was so looking forward for this to work. After all and spending lots of money on both of them I am quite disappointed. Chanel just doesn't do it for me.

I will stick to BareMinerals or Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation. Yes. My other favorite brand is Guerlain, but they discontinued the Aqua Parure so I'm still in search of a subsitute in the line. (I would not know which to pick if Aqua Parure and Perfection Lumiere were both put in front of me.) :) This chanel foundation wears beautifully on my skin. I have oily skin that gets dry when not moisturized (sound wierd right?). When I use the right products, my oily skin is much less oily. But if I use for an example a certain sun screen that my skin hates, it will impact my skin and the foundation immediately so using the right products underneath does matter. This is how I use this foundation: wash, tone, and moisturize lightly. Then I apply perfection lumiere with my hands. I have 2 colors (03 and 04) for different seasons. The texture is liquid but not runny. It smells like roses (love!). I apply it to my skin, letting my finger's warm to emulsify the foundation. I have good skin right now so it wears very nicely. The finish is matte but natural - meaning it's not that hard foundation look that you get with perhaps Estee Lauder DW (which will never work on me no matter how much I try). The coverage is medium. After applying the foundation, I set it with a powder. My mom compliments me on my skin when I wear this saying that my skin texture looks silky, smooth, and natural. My mom has never complimented me on another foundation. Throughout the day, the coverage stays, and complemented with my light moisturizer underneath, my oily skin stays pretty matte. When I say matte, I mean it's natural matte. I only need to blot once and no additional powdering required. It does not oxidize on me. I look very natural. I have 2 bottles of this foundation and have used it over a period of 1 year (throughout the seasons) so I believe my review is accurate reflection of my opinion of it. $55.00 dollars. Ever since I tried high end foundation, I can't return to drug store.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by tvall

This is an incredibly 'OK' product to say how expensive it is and the fact its Chanel (I feel like you should expect and be guaranteed quality and perfection).

I don't really know what to say except for the price this is 100% NOT worth it. If this was packaged in drug store/high street packaging I'd except it no question. Its not terrible but this is the first Chanel foundation I have tried and I expected soooo much more. It applies nice and dries a flat satin matte. Just meh. I expect more coverage and a nicer finish.

Disappointed Chanel. Next…..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

This is an okay product. It's a basic foundation. Nothing poor to say about it, but nothing great either. I feel like it does give very good coverage, but it is not a long lasting foundation. It is quite expensive as well, but this is to be expected with Chanel products. I have finished my bottle, but do not see myself repurchasing. I do this this foundation is better for the Summer than the Winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by yosieliu

Bought this because of the good reviews. But kinda disappointed because it turned out to be not as good as what I heard.. Doesn't give good coverage, oily for my skin, didn't last longer than 2hrs and the worst it gives me breakouts.. Such a waste of money.. But again it's only my personal opinion.. Maybe it depends on your skin condition..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get Chanel products where I live, so I was delighted when my sister sent me a nice sized sample of this foundation I heard so much about. The color is 30 Beige and while not 100% perfect' it's not bad. Let's say 95% good.

Because of age, and because I live in such a dry environment, my skin has gone from very oily to almost normal. Still, I detest the shiny, greasy look a.k.a. glowy. I "glowed" all my life, thank you very much, and I always felt self-conscious about it. So on the one side, I'm glad my oil glands have calmed down with age. On the other hand, I do admit that I don't care for the "dusty mummy" look any more than the next girl. This fdt. has a nice satiny finish. It's not cakey and does not make me look like parchment. I dust a bit of powder on it (I will never give up setting powder; never), and it lasts for a good bit of time. As someone else said, with the warmth of your skin this settles into a soft, satiny finish.

All in all, this is not a bad fdt. But it's not brilliant, either. The performance does not justify the price. It's the brand we're paying for, really. I'm currently using Sephora's 10 Hour foundation and I get lovely results when I apply it with my damp Beauty Blender. And that fdt, costs $22. Can't compare. So I won't purchase this. I think it's more for Chanel fans.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was only okay. I would not repurchase. For the money, the value just is not there. This foundation was more sheer than I expected and was not conveniently build-able. It is nice, however, to wear during the daytime. But I would much rather purchase something less costly if I am restricted to wearing it during the day. Packaging is nice, very sleek, as are all Chanel cosmetic products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a nice foundation.

After application it may feel dry but after 1-2 hours it looks really nice, with a little sheen. So, upon application it is matte, and after 2 hours it sets semi-matte. I don't feel it lasts long on me. I have oily to combination, sensitive skin and after 5 hours it wears off, breaks into patches, when it becomes noticeable I wear a foundation.
Since it has matte finish I don't finish with a setting powder.
There is no oil control, hence semi-matte and longlivety on oily, combination skin.

I feel like it is only meant for normal skin. Dry skin would feel like it isn't moisturizing enough, and it may accentuate dry patches in the begging.
I has medium to full coverage and you don't need too much to cover your entire face. One pump or so is enough to fully cover all of your imperfections. Those who need more coverage, it is easily layered. I wouldn't recommend for mature skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by wisehm20

It is a good foundation overall. Very sheer, but dewy. I am in shade beige clair. I found this is quite a yellow base. The reason I said I wouldn't buy it again is given the price you pay, I think you can get other good foundation as well. I have recently bought Bourjois Health Mix foundation and very surprised that these are almost identical. Even the Health Mix has a nicer smell. I wasn't looking for any dupe for Chanel at all. It just happened accidently. Let's back to Chanel foundation.
- sheer
- light
- yellow base
- dewy, wet finish, not matt finish
- medium coverage
- medium hours lasting, I mean not all day. ( if you working 8 hours at office or school, I would say 6 hours lasting)

If you like Chanel brand, go for it, as I am a fan of Chanel cosmetics, but If you are just looking for a good foundation, you may find a cheaper alternatives.