Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 1/18/2015 11:47:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this foundation.

After trying lift lumiere, vitalumiere aqua, I have to say this is my top

I suffer from occasional acne, and this foundation is the only one that makes my complexion look even. In my honest opinion, I wish their was a better color selection. I feel like the colors tend to go orange on the skin. Regardless, I make it work.

Try out a sample, I'm sure you'll enjoy this luxurious foundation.

on 1/12/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this foundation and had such high hopes for it. I couldn't wait to use it! However it just wasn't for me.

I have complete combination/oily/acne prone/dry in certain places skin.
I got this foundation as i wanted something lighter and less harsh on my skin that ELDW. I also thought that Chanel being a premium brand would have brilliant foundations as i've used other products of theres that i continuoulsy repurchased.

It smelt lovely, but the purfume & alcohol in this product did not agree with my skin! It glided on very easily applied with a RT stippling brush and then patted on with fingers where extra coverage was required. Its a light-medium coverage foundation (depending on how its applied).
It finishes semi matte, making skin look & feel flawless, my skin just glowed in every light, it had never looked that perfect before!! I never set it, but I couldn't believe how good it made my skin look, i honestly thought it was going to be my HG foundation but sadly it wasnt:(
I was matched to shade 40 beige which seemed a little pale for my skintone & after just a few hours it oxidised an awful orange colour and after about 3 hours i'm pretty sure you could of powered a city off the oil on my face! It looked disgusting, just sliding eveywhere.

To make things worse after about 5hours of wearing the foundation my skin started to itch and feel really iritated so i took it off. My skin completely reacted to it, was bright red and had broke out pretty much straight away! I've NEVER ever reacted like that to any facial product my skin was itchy for about 2 days after it aswel boooooooo!!!!

I really really wanted to like this foundation as its so light airy, and goes on perfect, however i believe the fact its highly perfumed & contains alcohol was the reason for my reaction!

For people with normal skin that isnt very sensitive i imagine it'd be perfect, for oily girls i don't see how it would work and for girls with sensitve skin i'm going to predict it's be hell for you too!

on 1/8/2015 5:02:00 PM

I was looking for something to replace my EL Double Wear with something lighter and more natural. This smelled lovely (though a little strong) and had a pleasant gel-like, very light texture. Finish was fairly matte, with light-medium coverage - I needed to spot conceal my many imperfections. It looked beautiful after application, and appeared to blur the appearance of small bumps, especially under a thin dusting of MAC Mineralize powder.

BUT, colour appears to oxidize some. Oily areas of my face (T-zone) quickly ate up the foundation, leaving coverage patchy after only ~3 hours. After several days of use, the skin around my nostrils and around my mouth became very dry, which was surprising for a combination-skinned gal like me! Some clogged pores became apparent too :(

Overall, this looks nice for 3 hours after application, but is definitely not a keeper.

on 12/25/2014 12:40:00 PM

Good coverage with nice velvet texture - absolutely love to apply it on my face and how i look with this foundation! Living in hot and humid country, my skin does get oily after half a day but no smudge and face still looks good (ignoring a bit of shine that can be wiped away with blotting paper). My main problem though is that I have sensitive acne-prone combination skin and this foundation gives me clogged pores after a few days of usage. These clogged pores seen as small bumps all over face are rather difficult to remove and i have to stop using the foundation for about a week until my face is clear again.

Lid is easy to come off and pump leaves residues after use - waste of the foundation and leave messy trace of dry liquid. Really want to love it but will not repurchase as i want to try other foundations that wouldnt clog my pores.

on 12/18/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ladies, do not buy this if you have really OILY skin. I have combination to oily skin (littler drier in the winter), the foundation looks firstly really flawless on my skin. By afternoon I start to be quite shiny and need to use blotting paper. it is quite ok in the winter, but definitely would not best pick for summer. If you have combination/oily, go for Velvet version rather

Pros: amazing range of shades and undertones; really longlasting, effective and luxury packing

Cons: would not recommend for really oily skin type; a bit pricey:/ but worth the try; strong smell

I bought this few months ago and been on and off it. While it performed good in mild European weather it made me feel absolutely horrible in hot humid Asian climate. Now it's winter (Europe again) and it requires strong moisturizer to keep my combination skin from drying under it. At its best it's a good product: it gives my skin nice glow, doesn't feel heavy once properly absorbed and conceals minor imperfections (but again I have very few). i didn't have issues with applying it. It won't do any wonders if you have bad skin or wrinkles though. The pump is very sensitive and leaves a batch of product to dry which is a waste and creates problems with every new application. I will not repurchase this product as I believe there's better stuff out there for me

on 12/14/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this last week (shade 10) looking for an alternative to Estee Lauder Double Wear (wore that for years but find it too heavy and makes me look older!) I used to wear channel pro lumiere before they discontinued it and absolutely loved that so thought that I would feel the same way about thus foundation, however I was very dissapointed :( it is definitely not a long wearing foundation, it looks nice when applied but by after about 3 hours of wearing it my skin was a patchy oily mess! The only good point about this foundation is the shade and the packaging! Waste of money!

on 12/8/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I only started using this foundation 3 weeks ago, at first it made my skin look very dry and powdery but since I started using a moisturiser before applying the make up it is giving a more glowing finish. The best thing about this one is that you don't need to use any compact powder over it because it already has a matte finish. I would recommend it mostly for summer though as it makes skin a bit dry. However definitely worth buying.

on 11/16/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was my #1 foundation for most of this year and I did repurchase. Over primer, I brush two pumps of this onto my skin for a natural, matte, almost soft focus finish. It does not really need powder. It lasts 10 hours on me without a blot or touchup, surviving 100 degree weather and the occasional hot flash with ease. The color b30 is good for my nw20 coloring. The only reason I dont give 5 stars is because I think Mac Prolongwear is very similar if you can find a good color match, and also because I think Diorskin Forever is prettier. Overall it is very good.

on 10/19/2014 11:16:00 AM

Broke me out like crazy! So sad because it was beautiful....flawless coverage, blurred pores. Matte coverage for days. The lightest shade could be lighter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Review (Chipmunk ChitChat) ? ElasianFashionBeauty by elasianfashionbeauty