September 1, 2014 | 2012 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by milkandtaxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Restored my grandfather's disgusting skin, gnarled and windburned from 50 years as a farmer, to its former youthful glory. Thank you Chanel, we can put my grandfather to rest knowing he was looking his best.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation, but you have to have combination to oily skin otherwise it will look very caky and drying!!!
So if you have dry to normal skin, please try another chanel foundation, as this won't be suited to your skin.
If you have combination to oily skin and have some hyper pigmentation or flaws to cover up, you'll fall in love with this foundation!
It gives you medium to full coverage, it doesn't need to be set with powder (especially in winter)and literally it will stay on your face until you remove it (it last good 12-13 hours).
The only thing, I will point out is that it dries pretty quickly on your skin, so i suggest to apply and work it in sections.
It's one of those foundation that looks better after 15 minutes that you put it on, as it starts to melt with your skin!!!
Some more pros:
There are many colors to choose from, the smell of it is divine and it didn't break me out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Indii84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First things first, i have oily skin and have tried dozens of different foundations. From high end to low end. I have read product reviews in search of the holy grail of foundations for people who find after a few hours there face could be classified as shine town.

Alas i have found a product which doesn't break apart after a few hours. Let's get things clear though, every foundation will oxidise to a degree. You would be kidding yourself if you expected no foundation to have this problem. However this amazing product was on my face the entire day. Yes the entire 12 hours i was at work and was still in place when i got home! I love full coverage foundations. I prefer full coverage foundations as i have redness to cover. If your after a light coverage foundation this is definately not for you, however this foundation does not look cakey. You don't need to apply layer upon layer to achieve a flawless look. It does the job in one hit.

My skin is so oily, every foundation previously has melted away from my face 4 hours later. Not this bad boy! I did find the colour ever so slightly changed but it was natural and looked flawless. Team this up with Arbonne primer and you will be in love with this product as much as i am. Humidy may cause some slight shine hours later but dab it with a tissue and you are back to your wonderful matte finish.

Price is definately expensive, retailing in Australia for $86, but a little goes a long way and if you use less, in the end the price averages out. I did find the Laura Mercier Supreme foundation to be second to this foundation if your looking for a matte finish for oily skin less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been using Clinique's oil-free foundation when I decided it was time I picked out a new foundation. I loved mine (is great at oil control and looks & feels very natural on the skin), but it had a sheer coverage. So I started asking my friends and looking for reviews about several foundations. I was recommended the Mat Lumiere foundation, absolutely hated it (you can read my review about it if you're wondering why) and found myself giving up on Chanel. Until I tried this foundation!

The pros are the pretty packaging (which Chanel is known for), the medium coverage while still providing a natural look (it doesn't make you look cakey or artifical, but does a good job hiding slight imperfections) and the nice scent (doesn't have a heavy chemical smell like many other foundations, such as MAC foundations, for example). The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the price really. It is pricey, but it is worth it for me too.

Overall, I rated this a 5 out of 5 because it works so well for me as I have very few imperfections and a big problem with oily skin, but I do recommend you ask for a sample before buying it. Some products might work for some and not work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by sannakim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have suuuper oily skin, and I've tried so much, but the only thing that has really worked was mac's pro longwear foundation, but that looked so cakey and not natrual at all. I also tried the mat lumiere, but holy manoly, the foundation just slided all over my face and I looked like an oily mess. But this foundation just looks so much better! It's suuper matte and lightweight, and it looks like I'm wearing no foundation. It looks beautiful in pictures, last so long, does not slip and slipe troughout the day if you set it! This is the best foundation I've tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

Beautiful coverage. I have sensitive and oily skin (what a combo!) This foundation is just the right shade, coverage and finish. Let me compare with its rivals: YSL Teint Touche Eclat is too dewy and ends up oily, not to mention it oxidises and darkens after application. Estee Lauder Double Wear: Too cakey and drying. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: Not enough coverage and doesn't last.

This Chanel Perfection Lumiere picks up where these guys go wrong. Its my skin, only better. Yet is still covers blemishes. Lifts my complexion up and the shades are a true match. Try this foundation first as its expensive but once you get the shade right and it works for you, it should be a payday treat. Enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Nagaika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the most terrible foundation I've ever tried. and unfortunately I understood it only after buying it. I have almost perfect skin, but this product makes it look just terrible. So, please ladies don't buy chanel because the previous foundations were great, the Lumiere line is a pricey bummer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of Perfection Lumiere in 12 Beige Rose 12 (For reference: I wear Studio Fluid NW13 and Studio Fix N4 and MUFE #117) I usually like more coverage (hence all the MAC Studio Fix/Fluid). This is why the SA suggested Perfection Lumiere over Vialumiere Aqua. I also picked up the Chanel correcteur perfection long lasting concealer (very nice!). My skin is generally clear, normal to combination. So far I am loving how this foundation applies, wears and looks. I have not noticed any oxidation and my skin looks really pretty and natural. Not too little or too much coverage. I know the price point is higher, however, I did not have to use much product at all! I agree with other reviewers who have said this isn’t for beginners and you should probably work quickly. I used a foundation brush and the application is flawless. Everyone has different skin types, but mine seems to really work well with this product. It looks much nicer than MAC or MUFE. I think this is probably best for individuals who have fairly clear skin. I can see how this may not be best for some with a lot of spots or problems (dryness, flakiness, acne, etc.). Two people have already commented on how beautiful and glowing my skin/face looks, so I will be buying this as soon as my sample is gone. I will update as time goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by killapriscilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. This may not be for every skin tone or every skin type.. But it sure works for me, like no other!!

I have light skin, with neutral undertones. I do not have oily skin, I have dry/normal skin with some light acne.

I would consider this a medium coverage with an option for building more coverage, this has a natural look, not dewy like Chanels Vitalumiere. You must apply this quickly overall, or do in sections as it sets quickly! Takes one small pump to cover my entire face with a medium coverage

I think because of it's make up Chanel Perfection Lumiere would be good for folks with normal to combo skin. I would go with the Chanel Vitalumiere if I had very dry or very oily skin (which I've tried also, I personally prefer Perfection Lumiere)

Though I am neutral skin toned, I use 12 ivory rose during the winter and 22 ivory rose during. I find the beige choice tires me out, the rose warms up my complexion and helps counteracts undereye discoloration on me better than the 12 beige did. I think the match is terrific.. Sometimes its hard to find foundations pale enough, Chanel has a lot of choices.. I cannot imagine using and prefering icky frog color gunk called Revlon Colorstay over Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Chanel Perfection Lumiere is perfection!! If you are having issues applying this, I find that you must wait 10 minutes for your moisturizer to sink in before application of this foundation or yes.. This will slide right off. I've never had an issue with reapplication of this product. I simply set it with a little powder when I'm done applying and bam 8 hours later looks just as good as I left that morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by girlboyfriction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't work out for me :( i had been using revlon colorstay foundation for the past year (the old formula). It was amazingly LONGLASTING (didn't transfer to clothes or when i blotted). I tried the new revlon formula, and it just wasn't the same. So, I decided to try out this chanel foundation.

I purchased it in the shade biege 10, which matched my skintone perfectly.

packaging: comes with a pump in a glass (?) case, and just feels/looks wonderful

performance: emphasized all my dry patches, didn't have good coverage, and transferred/slide off my face! ... i guess at least it didn't break me out??

it spreads evenly on my skin (it does come with a fragrance, but I didn't mind it... better than smelling like paint like some foundations). however, it really emphasized ALL the dry patches on my skin--i even tried to extra moisturize the next day to see if it made a difference... it didn't.

also, it did NOT last very long on my face :( started to slide off around 4hrs of wear. i've moved on to MUFE foundation (which glides on like a dream, and didn't emphasize the dry patches. but it still doesn't stay put as long as the old revlon one :()

I returned it