April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Smooth Absolute ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have dry skin and this foundation very moisturizing on my skin, but not oily!! I don't really care much for the packaging though, other than that, it's perfect! I have two shades, in the winter I use the 160 shade and through the summer I used the shade 162.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love,Love,Love this makeup is great looks so natural
    I wear the Ivory, looks great all day I use a damp sponge
    to apply that works best for me. I like this better that
    the high end foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by beckySC

Gives my skin an amazing natural glow but can become slightly oily/cakey near the end of the day. I suggest not using as much powder when you first put it on even though its an oily foundation because the powder absorbs the oil and makes it look cakier. I just put some powder in the middle of my forehead, shiny nose spots and on my chin and lightly on my cheeks. Im not a big fan of the brush it comes with but its easy to use if youre in a rush, otherwise i use my own brush. Also, ive noticed its better to put concealer on TOP of this foundation instead of underneath.
    LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MERP

Click. Click. Click. Clickclick. Clickclick. Clickclickclickclick--FLOOD...Using this packaging is like a suspense movie, and not in a good way. That said, I love the product itself. Good stuff. I still may just "click" it all out into a clean jar and use it from there.

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably like other MUA'ers, I went out & purchased this after reading online that it was the "Drugstore dupe for GA's Maestro foundation". I'd been looking for a light coverage liquid foundation recently after getting my skin cleared up(Thanks to the MakeUp&SkinCare Boards I have no more clogs or blackheads! Yay :D)
    Several months ago I tried the "Visible Lift Serum Absolute" which is the one that comes in the pump bottle w/a better shade selection was smitten with it! It actually replaced Revlon ColorStay Whipped as my most used foundation which is great but I was still looking for something more lightweight to let my natural skin show through for days I'm out in natural sunlight, to not look masky. &The "Serum Absolute"version is a bit on the heavy side.
    Then I read great things about GA Maestro foundation -that it's lightweight, glowy, etc. But unfortunately, ANYTHING made by GA is NOT in my price range at the moment :( So I continued my drugstore hunt. I've never been into products with brushes/sponges attached to the product(the brushes are usually useless..they don't apply fndtn well, more product "clicks" out than you need it) &Since this is the version w/an attached brush is probably why I'd never even given it a 2nd look in the store until reading the post about this being a less pricey dupe for a fndtn I'd been wanting to try.
    For reference I have 30yr old, oily, clog-prone, pale & warm skin. My MAC shade would be a hair lighter than NC15. I purchased the lightest shade "Classic Ivory 150" (which looked a little pink in the tube but the next shade looked entirely too dark) Thankfully Classic Ivory is a good match.
    This has caused NO breakouts or clogged pores for me which is a major plus for any foundation in my opinion :)
    But the 1st time I tried this I was NOT impressed.. I felt it enhanced several flaws (pores, flakes) on my face. I was thinking of returning it but decided to try it again with a silicone primer underneath & omgoodness, it's perfection! The primer I've been using with this is the Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel (which is supposedly the Smashbox primer dupe) -but also use HardCandy Original Sheer Envy Primer (it's along the same lines as Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel, very siliconey) under this fndtn with the same, smooth results. The primers smooth out all of my pores/flakes & this applies like a dream, lasts all day, was decent with oil control, and best yet, let my natural skin show through. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my purchase!
    I do not use the attached brush though, to me it's useless, &JUST like every other cosmetic I've tried to-date with an attached brush, every time I click it, it makes me click out more product at once than I can use, therefore causing me to lose some each time I click it :(
    So for application, I take the attached brush and dab the fndtn onto my face with it, but after that I'm dabbing it on with my dampened Beauty Blender or buffing with my Stippling brush.
    This foundation is slightly on the pricey side for a drugstore fndtn ($14 USD) but $14 certainly does not break the bank when it's something I plan to continue to use and repurchase.
    I've found this to be best for days I'm planning to be outside in natural light (picnics, taking my kids to the park, or even things like grocery shopping, hanging around the house with company over). When I need full coverage (which now since I'm happier with my skin is just for special occassions) -I reach for either Revlon CS Whipped or L'oreal Visible Lift SERUM Absolute.
    This product is doing exactally what I wanted it to do, providing a natural look, lasting on my oily skin all day/long wearing, and doesn't require 20 minutes to apply (blends very quick & easy :D)
    The only reason I rate this 4 lippies out of 5 is simply because of 2 reasons I stated above - #1, the brush is useless, I wish this came with a pump like the other Visible Lift because it causes me to dispense more product than I need & I HATE wasting a good product :(
    And #2, because if I don't wear primer under this, it does enhance/cause flakies that I didn't even know were there. Otherwise, a great foundation :)
    **UPDATE**
    I just took this from 4 lippies, up to 5. I've worn this so many more times now and have found it's absolutely wonderful! No, it is still not a full coverage foundation, it's light-medium coverage, which is what I wanted it to be when I purchased it.
    One of the main reasons I increased this product's rating is because I (accidentally!) fell asleep in this several nights ago(shame on me, I know, I know..) So when I woke up the next morning, I expected to be an absolute oil slick (v.oily skin here) &In the past when I've fallen asleep in a fndtn, I wake up looking a hot mess lol -To my surprise, my skin looked *flawless* &couldn't stop looking in the mirror! (Not because I'm vain and think that I'm a model Lol) but because of the way this fndtn held up over the night &overall, for daily wear it's been holding it's own.
    I wore this fndtn yesterday without needing setting powder! I always feel like the less products/ingredients I have to put on my face the BETTER. I feel that more ingredients on my face, the greater chance of clogged-pores(dunno if this is true or not, but it's always something I have in my head.) &Any of you out there that also have oily skin know that wearing a fndtn without powder is usually not a good idea &can potentially turn your fndtn into an oily nightmare, but not with this - I was amazed!
    I'm also using the Maybelline Age Rewind Primer under this as my regular primer and have found it works better than any of the other primers I've tried to-date.
    I'm so pleased with this purchase & give thanks to those MUA'ers who reccomended this. For me, L'oreal Visible Lift Smooth has become a can't live without foundation!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Darkdragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I needed a new foundation for an upcoming wedding, I don't think I've worn one in years, and came to MUA for reviews. After reading through I decided to buy this for my 30's dry skin.

I bought the fairest shade they make, and it is perfect. You really need to manipulate this into the skin with the brush attached. The colors better on the skin vs in the bottle. I know the brush can't be washed but I'm not acne prone and don't mind.

Easily the best foundation I've ever put on. My skin looked perfect, dewy, and fresh without feeling heavy or caking at all. I loved it so much, I took my mom to CVS that day to buy it while they had the $5 back in extrabucks promotion, and hers was just a great. She's 50's with rosacea and expression lines, and it covered well but did not accentuate any lines.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by akimbo123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very happy with this foundation. Not being a morning person, I am usually in a rush getting ready for work, so I bought this specifically to keep in my office for makeup emergencies (in other words, days when I have a meeting but no makeup on and my face is splotchy and uneven).

This is perfect for my purposes! The foundation has great coverage over my acne and scarring and gives my skin a nice satin finish. Just be careful the first time you use it: twist very slowly to allow foundation to rise to the bristles. I got impatient and kept twisting away until a glob of foundation splurted on my dresser! The color I have, Buff Beige, is a bit gray on my skin now that I'm tan, so I am going to try another color.

I love the soft brush that is attached to the tube. This would be great to carry in your purse or take on vacation because you don't have to bring an applicator with you. I haven't yet washed it but I suppose I will do that the way I wash my other makeup brushes. To me, this is near-perfect packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've gone through more than half of this bottle of foundation (I LOVE that you can see how much you've used!) and in that time my opinion of it has done a complete 180...to the good! When I first tried it I thought the brush dispenser was a hassle and I thought the coverage was pretty much zilch. I need at least medium. I tried applying it with my hands first. Then I decided to give it another shot and used my Real Techniques buffing brush. Wow! The coverage almost doubles, just when applying it with a different tool! Now that I know the proper way to apply I can get almost full coverage out of this foundation, and it looks great on the skin. Very real and skin-like, not cakey or heavy. The finish is satin, I'd say, neither dewy nor matte. It's a great finish on my 30something skin. I imagined dry skinned ladies will like this very much, it might not be so great for oily skinned gals.

I also noticed at first that this foundation oxidized a bit on me and was looking a little orange by the end of the day. I started using primer under it and the oxidization stopped. Primer helps it last all day too. On its own the foundation tends to wear away within a few hours.

My only gripe about this foundation now is that crazy brush tip, which I yanked out immediately with pliers. I can dispense it into my hand just fine, but the problem is that it keeps oozing out after you've stopped dispensing, so foundation has pooled up in the cap. It's kind of gross. I wish makeup companies would quit thinking we need an included brush to apply their product with. This foundation might get a 5 star rating from me if it just had a darn pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome foundation. I actually wear this when I have skin issues like acne and dullness. It gives a nice glow, without being shimmery or shiny. I love the thin formula, it's easy to work with and gives good coverage. I apply it to my skin with the brush, but I use my fingers to spread around my face. I would not recommend this to people who have oily skin. I would prefer them to sell this without the brush, a pump would've been better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by juliettakobo

Excited to try this foundation b/c of all the excellent reviews. I picked it up at Target for around $11, I think, and put it on in the car (I purposely didn't wear any foundation that day). Also, in putting in on in my car I had the advantage of being in direct sunlight, which is always the true foundation color-match test. So after I was done, the first thing I thought was CAKE CAKE CAKE! I didn't know I had that many lines until this stuff settled into each and every one! I swear it created new ones! Also, the blendability really isn't there. The brush packaging with the twist top is definitely another big drawback, as well, as you can't control how much product comes out, and I can only imagine how dirty the brush would get after only a week. Also, I stood in the store for like 20 min trying to figure out the right color, and all I have to say about that was I didn't do a very good job :( Very very pink!!! However....

Pros:
    Price-pretty darn good and easily available everywhere

Coverage-Would probably be great for someone with very oily skin (which I thought was me until I tried this product)

Cons: Too many to name, see above :)

All in all, I returned, and bought Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse which I am actually very happy with.