Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 9/12/2013 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been tried so many liquid foundations for my pale ruddy , dry -combo skin, that can get dry. This is my first BB. Tried the CC as they said it covered red, which it didn't. I liked the dewy coverage though, but was breaking out. Not from the CC, but I was using SPF as well. So I tried the BB, which is similar, but less moisturizing. It is not drying though. Love it. Better if you break out or have oily skin. It has a lovely powdery finish and I usually hate powder. This looks nice though. It is matte but, does not settle into lines. It had 30 SPF, which is nice. So you could wear it alone. Not drying at all and does not break me out. I have done both.

The BB sets to a nice powdery silky finish, that is not drying or greasy or shiny. It doesn't cover everything, but looks nice. Medium coverage, but no caking and never turns orange or pink on me, unlike Clinique's foundations. Too bad they don't have many color options, like the CC. No 1 is very very light and pinky and doesn't have a lot of coverage. No 2 was better for me and yellower, but still light. The color is lighter than CC no 2. Both are nice shades. This is a very flattering shade that blends well and evens out your skin tone. It is medium coverage, so it won't cover major blemishes.

The only down side, is it takes longer to put on than foundation, because it comes out of the tube quite thick and doesn’t spread far. It does not feel heavy or look heavy on though. Doesn't look nude or natural either, but really nice. Use small dots and rub them a circle or use a sponge and move to the next spot. Sets after a minute. Do take time to let the color set in the store. It tends to set lighter not darker. Once it sets, that is the color it will stay.
Does fade if worn all day though, but not so do most products. I am not oily though, but it lasted well enough with moisturizer under.

Update: I have tried a few Asian BBs and they have better coverage and some have extra ingredients for whitening. This has a nicer color, in that in has some luminosity. Asian BBs can look a little flat, so you get a different effect. Both are great just different.

on 9/6/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am LOVING this BB cream. I have pretty oily, blotchy skin and this just fixes the blotchiness right up without turning my skin into an oil slick. It is on the thicker side so I have no need for a separate foundation, which is great with me. I've tried cheaper BB creams that were no more than a tinted moisterizer on me, which didn't work on my skin...not enough coverage and made skin too oily. Yes, this is on the expensive side...but it's Clinique and you get what you pay for.

on 8/30/2013 6:11:00 AM

I was looking for a bb cream to use in the city instead of a sunscreen. The sales person told me I could use it in the city as a sunscreen safely but not in the sea as it's not water resistant. I bought the cc age defense hoping it would have more coverage than my tinted la Roche posay sunscreen and it did. It had more coverage but only that. It dried my skin, I don't actually have fine lines around my eyes but the drying effect made me look like I had. After cleansing I could see lines all over my face. This made me look 10 years older. Making things worse, although it says it has spf 30, spending like an hour outdoors I got sun spots....Really disappointing product

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's good but not affordable

on 7/14/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The only bb cream that really gave my 58 years old skin some life and beautifull coverage too . # 2 is the color for light skin and I love the beachy smell. The best summer time makeup!

on 7/10/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is without a doubt one of the best BB creams out there. It truly covers up a lot in my face. I apply a bit of Cetaphil SPF 50 before I use this as it can be a bit too dry on the face. My face glows, looks smooth and even toned and it truly diminishes my fine lines. I can not go without this BB cream anymore. Ever since I started using this I have received a lot of compliments from people telling me that I have such beautiful skin. But it really is this awesome BB cream that when applied correctly looks almost natural and flawless.

Update 10/20/14 - I do not need to put any moisturizer underneath this BB cream anymore as i am using Cetaphil's restoraderm skin moisturizer the night before. That lotion moisturizes so well that my face feels soft for the rest of the day.

on 7/10/2013 8:55:00 AM

I have been using this for about a year now and I think I have quite enough experience to review it. I have periodic and hormonal acne problems and have always refrained from foundations for this reason thinking that my skin could get worse because they don't let it breathe. This product is really, really good. Somehow, when I wear this when I have acne it cures them. I know that some people with dry-skin do not like this that much since it is a little bit dry when compared with other BB creams and they have to wear moisturizer under it. But I like this for the very reason that it is dry and works good on my blemishes. I didn't use to wear it every day fearing that my skin would get worse when I had acne but now I wear it every single day and believe me you see the results better when you use it regularly. I would definitely but this again but also would like to give a chance to the new CC cream to get rid of my acne spots.

on 7/1/2013 10:52:00 PM

For reference, I'm an NC20/25, with normal/combination skin with a semi dry nose area (that likes to act up on me randomly!!).

I had my first BB cream experience with Clinique when I first got into using cosmetics. I was initially matched to Shade 1 and found that to be EXTREMELY light since it has pink undertones and switched to Shade 2. I found that I was still not happy with how extremely white it was upon initial application, even though it looked light beige on my hand, and the shade did not oxidize to match me any better. I found that this BB cream accentuated the dry patches on my face even after moisturizing properly and with only a sheer application of the BB cream (I dot this on the center area of my face and blend outwards with my fingers). The only bright side, pun intended if anyone caught it, of this BB cream is that it did not dry me out or feel heavy. Without any touch ups in my 10-12 hour day, the BB cream lasted me about 7-8 hours with minimal signs of fading; no patchiness.

I ended up giving Shade 1 to my sister who has fairer skin with pink undertones and it also made her look slightly paler than she already is. She was matched to BB's BB cream in Light and that suited her perfectly.

I've since switched to use MISSHA's M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 27

on 6/30/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about two months now. I used to really like it and I thought it was great coverage (which it is) however I started to notice that after a few days it started to break me out, not horribly but it is still quite annoying. it also feels very greasy sometimes especially when you live in the chicago area during the summer where it is alway humid and nasty outside. This product would be great for those who do not have sensitive or acne prone skin but otherwise I would recommend to not purchase this product.

on 6/22/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was currently using Jane Iredell when I bought this bb cream on a whim to try it out . I like the Jane bb but it was a little to wet for my oily skin. This is the best foundation bb cream tinted moisturizer everything I have ever put on my face . It's hydrating but still keeps me matte all day long. Colour is amazing and application is flawless. I have found my HG product atlast the hunt is over. I do use a powder to set it because I prefer a full coverage . It also stays put all day long .