November 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Powder - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This provides light coverage. Contains loads of silicones. I have this in alabaster and the color left my skin looking very flat and lifeless. Has good staying power, prob. due to the silicones in it. I really prefer Estee Lauder Doublewear Mineral powder spf 12 to this product. Doublewear mineral powder gives me a natural look, light coverage and you get twice as much product as the Bobbi Brown mineral makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm where to start...I'll just list everything I think about this product LOL:
1. The packaging leaves much to be disired, it is definitly not portable at all and theres no nice inner slidding cover like LM's loose mineral foundation to prevent explosions when you open it.
2. So very few shades, shame shame shame!
3. Coverage can be sheer but built up to mediocre medium. This can be good for some but a big down side to others looking to hid those imperfections.
4. Price wise, $38 for less then 1/4th an ounce and its not even that concentrated so its a bit of a rip off if you ask me. I dont see this lasting long with daily use.
5. Natural would be a good description of its finish, definitly not luminous or matte.
6. Blends nicely and plays well with most primers without clinging to dry patches or darkening over spots you may have moisturized to well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go-to mineral makeup powder! I normally use 2 way cakes for touchups, but they look too unnatural and cakey on my dry sensitive skin. The Bobbi Brown Mineral Powder is very fine, soft, blendable and does not dry out my skin like Bare Minerals do (and Bare Minerals foundation makes me itch) and I much prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I'm a NC 25 and am using light to medium tone - I use a MAC 187 to apply it to give a sheer coverage. I wouldn't say the colour matches me perfectly, but as it's quite translucent it doesn't matter that much. I love the texture so so much, just feels like Soufflé. Not cakey, does not suck in my fine lines and is longlasting, not to mention the SPF 15 is great for touchups to protect my delicate skin.

I don't wear it alone as it doesn't provide enough coverage, but it's perfect for setting and fixing makeup.

Texture: 5/5
Function: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5 You need a good brush for sheer coverage
Packaging: 4/5 I only opened 2 holes so the powder won't scatter like crazy, but still, it's very fine powder so it could be messy
Price: 3.8/5 It costs me €36 in Hong Kong, but it's worth the price
Overall: 4.46

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by bittersweet056

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it looks very natural on my skin, catch the shinyness reasonably. it doesn't have much coverage but I can build up.
my problem is colour. I have tried many different brand of mineral powder but most of them get darker on skin. it's very tricky to find right shade!
I have just bought 'light to medium' from BB since it looked good match with my skin tone when I tried in the shop. but every morning I use sun cream before this foundation and I have found this shade is a bit too dark on my sticky skin. I have tried 'light' one and its nearly same colour as 'light to midium'. has anybody noticed this?! so I end up have to buy 'extra light' and mix them.
it's a bit messy to use. a bit expensive but it's still the best foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!! Alone, it doesnt give enough coverage but good enough for me for everyday. I use this to set my tarte amazonian clay foundation (which i also LOVE!!) and it just makes my skin look so natural and flawless since the tarte foundation gives off a super Matte look which I'm not a huge fan of. This does control my oily nose a bit but not that much. stays on all day just alone. would defitnatley repurchase. I'm nc10-15 and i use extra light. :)

NC10 would be my normal shade and nc15 is more my summer shade...Wew i'm so pale T__T
The packaging isnt great cuz the sifter has no stopper thing to prevent it from getting messy so its not so great to travel with, which sucks cuz i travel alot xd

DOESNT BREAK ME OUT. LOVE IT!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I waited and waited for Bobbi to come out with a mineral foundation because I wanted a more yellow shade. My skin looks great in her foundations but for the summer in humid weather, I need a mineral makeup so I don't look greasy. I have been using Laura Mercier which is a terrific formula and I thought that I would get the same quality with Bobbi Brown but no. It has no life to it unlike LM which has just a touch of luminiation. It actually makes me look like I'm having a bad day. I am going to use Bare Essentials mineral veil or one of their radiances over it to see if I can make it look better. Very disappointing. Also, the jar is very skimpy in comparison to Laura Mercier.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this as an alternative to my usual mineral foundation (Philosophy Supernatural). I thought it looked really nice and natural when the sales associate applied it for me. Great color match and didn't look or feel like I had makeup on. But as the day wore on, it seemed to disappear as if I never applied anything - the bad version of looking and feeling like you have no makeup on! I tried using it for a few more days but got the same result each time - faded away by midday. Also, I don't think this could ever be built up to provide coverage for any imperfections without looking obvious. I am also disappointed that for the price, it is not a locking container for portability. I returned it the next week and will go back to Philosophy's version.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by abaker0726

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had a love/ hate relationship with mineral makeup. Either the color looks a tad too "ashy", or after a few hours I'm trying to scratch my face off. I've tried just about every brand...high end to low end. About 3 weeks ago I was checking out the BB website when I ran across the mineral foundation. I have tried a few BB products (a few meaning 2) and so I raised an eyebrow to try it. I read a lot of reviews on the BB website and on here since YT didn't have any to reference. I finally decided that I would try it. Hey, afterall it couldn't be any more of a disappointment than what I have tried before. The BB MUA was very helpful and I ended up going home with the color "Rich". The next morning I buffed it on...light coverage, color matched perfectly, felt light on the skin and most exciting...NO ITCHING! I ran my errands for the day and checked back in...coverage still there. It didn't wear on my nose where my glasses lie (which typically happens). After about 9.5-10 hours of wear my husband came home from work. He complimented me on my SKIN...SOLD! For reference I have dry skin and it didn't look powerdy or bring attention to any dry places, it's finely milled and buffs easily into the skin. Dosen't need to warm up to the face to get the actual color, dosen't oxidize, light coverage, somewhat buildable, no smell, feels light and breathable on the skin, looks like skin, no shimmer, sparkle or glitter, not matte. I also like how large the lid is...big enough to swirl a brush in without making a mess. It has spf in it...dosen't flash back in photography! My ONLY complaints are the shiffter and the price. Since I have tried other mineral foundations I knew not to pull the entire sticker off the shifter. I only pulled half off (exposing about 4 holes) and work from there. It still leaves a bit of a mess, but not too bad. Also, this is rather expensive. Most expensive mineral foundation that I've tried since it seems smaller in package than other brands that I've ran across for about $10 cheaper. I've been using a kaubki brush with this and it works great, however I personally wanted something with a little more control for a handle. I did recently purchase the BB Bronzer brush to use with this. It works wonderfully and I couldn't be any happier with my purchases! I got my sister into mineral foundation, and with her upcomming b-day I'm getting her this and the bronzer brush...going to convert her!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a light to medium coverage mineral foundation, and I purchased this in shade light. It was a great match to my skin and looked very natural. I used a kabuki to apply, and it was quick and nearly effortless. Unfortunately the irritation from this product started about an hour after application. My face felt hot and itchy, and I quickly began to develop red, itchy bumps on my cheeks and chin. It is a shame because this is a lovely foundation with a natural-looking finish. I have pretty oily skin, and it held up pretty well and did not accentuate pores. Not sure what ingredient is the culprit, but it just won't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by staceyflo2410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product (the Deep one) after deciding to switch to mineral foundations as I'd heard they were better for my skin.Prior to that I was using liquid foundation but it was starting to cause break outs.

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It offers the right amount of coverage and makes your skin look so smooth and beautiful! The best part is that it looks so natural and really blends into your skin tone. I use this on top of Phillip's milk of magnesia - i use it as a primer (which does WONDERS for oily skin and creates such a perfect base for the foundation to hold onto). After applying my foundation and rest of my make up, I dust my face with Collection 2000 translucent powder, and my face looks completely FLAWLESS!! I kid you not, I have not gone a day where someone hasn't commented on the appearance of my skin!

The only con I would say about this product is the packaging. The sifter is very annoying but if used carefully, it's still perfectly fine.