August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyDodgeballer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Other

I have had combination acne-prone skin since I was a kid, and I have tried many different treatments and face washes throughout the years. My acne has been under control for a while and I plan to keep it that way, so I decided to try trader joe's All in One Facial Cleanser after I read all the great reviews.

I love this stuff, it works perfectly with my combination skin. It feels great on my face! The bottle lasts for months and I use one pump every day. Plus it is super affordable! This is now my daily facial cleanser and I plan to continue to buy it! I use it with the Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer as my daily routine! I recommend this to everyone and even if it is not right for you, it is super cheap so its not a big risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I agree that it is a bit drying but I'm reviewing this in the middle of summer. I love that I can use this to help remove my eye makeup. Amazing find.

Edit: Too drying to use in winter. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well yay. I can finally stop paying too much $$ for Real Purity, which I've used for over 15 years. This is great stuff. Depending on my mood I use it on wet or dry skin, and follow with the lotion. I couldn't be happier.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm glad that this cleanser has worked so well for others, but I did not have a good experience with it. I agree with the reviewers who found it drying. At first I thought that this was the source of all the problems I had with it, but even when I moisturized with grapeseed oil afterwards, which completely took care of the dryness issue, this cleanser still didn't work for me at all. It really irritated my skin, making my usually normal cheeks itch quite badly. In addition, it seriously clogged my pores with whiteheads and paved my skin with tiny, irritated bumps. I decided to use it as a hand wash so it wouldn't go to waste, but it was slimy and hard to rinse off my hands. It's cheap, and the pump is very convenient, so it's not a big risk if you want to try it, but it didn't turn out well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this cleanser is one that everyone should at least try, when i first tried it, i liked that it was mildly exfoliating and (i thought) gentle. but with continued use my face gets irritated and dry. maybe only useful as a summer cleanser, but i would repurchase this as its hard for me to find anything that even slightly works with my very oily, very sensitive, very clog and acne prone skin :P currently i use something else (neutrogena acne prone facial bar, which mostly cleared my skin and doesnt dry me out)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is pretty great value for your money. Based on the ingredients, the descriptions online, and how it performs, I am going to guess that "the highly regarded Derm. who created this formula" is Dr. Perricone. I would say that this cleanser is very similar to Dr. Perricone's Nutritive Cleanser, which works amazingly but is 40 dollars.

I love both cleansers, but if you need one that is affordable, try this one out! It's very comparable to the DP Nutritive cleanser.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was browsing through the aisles of Trader Joe's and saw this. I remember a lot of people saying they liked it and that it was supposedly made by a well-known dermatologist (I'm assuming Dr. Perricone). I figured why not? It has a thin gel-like consistency and a very mild scent. It has a bunch of vitamins and a copper peptide which is good for keeping the skin firm. It removes makeup well and a little is needed or else it becomes very drying, even for my sensitive, oily skin. It isn't pore clogging and leaves my face feeling clean. I like that it is affordable and that the product is in a pump bottle. Those with combination-oily skin will benefit from trying this. If you don't like it, you can maybe use it as a hand wash. Though I prefer milky cream washes for my skin now that I am getting older, I still like to keep this on hand as my evening wash. I make sure to exfoliate and do a mask treatment at least once a week to keep my skin balanced. For additional reference, I am clog-prone and eczema-prone with sebaceous filaments on my nose. So far no problems and I will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

LOVE THIS CLEANSER!! Completely takes my makeup off. It's really gentle, but does what a cleanser should. So cheap. It doesn't leave my face feeling tight and dry, just clean and fresh. I will buy this product over and over again as long as it's available.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I sooo wanted to like this cleanser because of the $5.99 price tag, but it just didn't work for me. I feel like the odd duck here because so many people liked it, which is why I tried it in the first place. I've been using Pevonia Botanica's combination skin cleanser and I love it except for the fact that it costs about $22.00 with the Skinstore discount.

When I first started using this T. Joe's cleanser I liked the way it removed my makeup and sunscreen, but after a week or so my skin got all these dry patches and I didn't change anything else in my regimen. The great thing about T. Joe's is they will take it back, so I didn't lose any money but the hunt continues for a less expensive cleanser. I think it's going to be difficult because the PB cleanser did such nice things for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As the most helpful comment states this really is a little known gem! What a great, no thrills, gentle cleanser! It really helps take off my makeup and doesn't dry out my skin. The ingredients are not harsh either. The price isn't bad for the amount you get. Trader Joe's toiletries are really little known gems!