July 30, 2014 | 1771 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

Seriously MAC foundations suck. Theyre not for everyday wear. Ive tried studio fix, matchmaster and i dont wanna keep trying other ones and confusing my skin to the point that it will break out.. They just dont work for me.. This one stuck to the dry spots on my skin and it didnt look good... Only thing better bout this foundation is that the coloring system is better than the studio fix... However theyre all garbage in my opinion,. And algae extract as an ingredient? Its scary what we put on our skin..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm kind of on the fence about this foundation I bought after hearing a lot
Of reviews ... I hated the studio fix fluid as it just like a mask and too heavy and for me the match master isn't that different ... They seem pretty similar IMO .. So if you using studio fix I wouldn't run out and buy match master any time soon .... I feel like it looks slightly orange and caky in person ... But yet it looks amazing in photographs ?! So i don't hate it but I definitely don't love it ... It's extremely matte and to me looks very unnatural on the skin ... Would work pretty well on oily skin girls I guess.... It just didn't really wow me I like a more glowy or dewy finish ... Suppose I'll just try a few different techniques with it see if can make it work

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I am the proud owner of 2 of these fantastic products. The coverage is perfect for my skin, it covers any redness and discoloration but lets my freckles poke through. The ingredients are playing nice with my reactive skin and it stays put for a long time.
Its pump locks when you twist it so it doesn't get everywhere if you put it in a make up bag!

A glass bottle does look nice but makes me nervous putting it in a suitcase or something...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Algae extract.... Why MAC? This is a huge reason why mac foundations make me break out. I loved the finish of this foundation, it held up really well to my oily skin ( better than pro long wear) but it causes major acne. Stay away if you're acne prone. Pro long wear is the only MAC foundation that I can wear without breakouts, but my oily skin eats it up. The hunt for the perfect foundation continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

In all honesty, I'm not much of a foundation wearer - even if I have to attend an event which calls for a more made-up look. I use my trusty Garnier BB Cream any time I want to look decent and presentable.

However, I was in a mall that had a MAC store so I decided to ask an SA for a sample of a MAC foundation she would recommend for someone who had oily skin and wanted a natural finish. The SA told me about MAC Matchmaster.

She first explained what warm tones and cool tones were. I'm quite certain I'm warm toned and about NC40 in summer and NC37ish in winter. She was adamant that I was an NC44. Even for a foundation novice like me, NC44 looked too dark and strangley orange. I ended up with samples of 6.0 and 7.0.

Briefly, 7.0 is awfully dark for me. 6.0 is still a tad bit off. I don't know if it's just me, but the foundation colours appeared orange on my skin. That could be because the colours were a mismatch.

The foundation did dry to a lovely satin-matte finish. I used some setting powder because I prefer a matte finish. It provided light-medium coverage. The lasting power was, in my opinion, average. It wasn't terribly difficult to remove at the end of the day, but I did notice some minor clogging on my cheeks the next morning. That may be a due to a new blush I wore that day - I can't be sure.

Conclusively, the foundation itself wasn't bad. It, however, didn't blow me away by any means. The colour mismatch has obviously put me off. Come to think of it, even if I had been matched correctly, I don't think I'd be running out to purchase this foundation. I'm not expecting my foundation to wash the dishes or study for me, but because it was MAC, I was hoping for a little more than just an "average" foundation. Also, for an infrequent wearer of foundation such as myself, I can't really justify almost 350 ZAR ($35) on a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by babysharks

I've tried most of MAC's foundations, and Matchmaster has been the trickiest one for me. The coverage of this foundation is great, but I'm still working with its thicker texture.
I have combination skin and tend to lean dry when the weather is cold. Matchmaster does a great job covering any small problem areas and redness I may have, but it isn't forgiving when it comes to dry spots. The foundation clings to dry patches, so I always make sure to exfoliate with a washcloth before application. I like to use Matchmaster on its own because of how wonderful the coverage is. I pair it with a primer and setting powder for a light feel. I don't find that using a powder foundation is necessary, but I'm sure it would create a really flawless look.
The one tricky thing about Matchmaster is that I find it difficult to blend. This might just be me, but I often find myself struggling to spread an even amount of the product on my face. It seems to pull a little for me, but it isn't enough for me to give up on it completely.
I won't repurchase this in the future, but the bottle is huge anyway. A little goes a long way with Matchmaster!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by missymylo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really liked this product. I have both the studio fix foundation and pro long wear and I felt this was the most "skin comforting". It blended beautifully and it didn't make me feel like I was wearing a tonne of makeup. Furthermore, it is easier to go a shade up as it matches to your skin colour nonetheless (provided you don't go outrageously over the top with the selection of the colour).

I am really picky with foundations and once I know that I can feel it on my face, I am immediately put off. This did not happen here so all in all - it's a win. The price isn't very appealing but hey - the bottle lasts quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Kadee13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it,my skin has many acne scars & it covers greatly
It lasts just long enough for me .4-5 hours and that's without powder as I have rather dry skin.I do heed a little moisturizer at first use 'till skin got used to it as product itself is only a little moisturising ,it is oil free which is good .It disguises active blemishes a little.Pump breaks easily but pump replacements are cheap to get

Pros;
Long lasting
Good coverage
Decent price

Cons;
Doesn't cover tattoos/skin conditions
Can be quite drying

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Hlp92

Got this foundation in hope that it would be a more natural looking foundation for work but it really made my skin look worse . It made my skin look dry and orange and oxidized and got even more orange after a couple of hours . Maybe this is suited for more oily skin . Won't be repurchasing .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade 4.0.

Packaging:
I love the packaging. I love how it has a built in pump and it just has a sleek look to it. It's great that it also has SPF. I love it!

Price:
I got this from Macys for $34 I believe? Typical price for a MAC Foundation. I like how it has more product than the SFF AND it comes with a pump, so you get your money's worth.

Pros:
-Covers a variety of color ranges
-Very light; it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. Also has a Demi-matte finish.
-The coverage is buildable.
-Comes with a pump
-Has SPF

Cons:
-Doesn't match ALL shades
-Can become cakey

Texture: Not to creamy but also not too liquidy.

Smell: Your average foundation smell.

Impressions/Comments:
I wanted to love this product. I really did. I love the consistency and finish. It was a perfect lightweight foundation! However, when I took a flash photo it gave me that white cast over my face. At first I thought it was the SPF, but I realized that the color ended up being tooooo light! I'm an NC35 and the 4.0 was still too light for me? Weird. When I talked to the MAC Specialist, they said that 5.0 would be too dark. But 4.0 is too light... Maybe it just wasn't meant to be? I love the idea of a foundation matching a variety of skin tones, especially because it's a nice mix of the NC and NW. They have a ton of shades in their collection, but they just don't fit me. Wahhhh! Sad life.