MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

I have just finished my first bottle of this product. I really love this foundation! The finish is perfectly matte, something that I really like. I hate to look greasy. The only problem I had with it initially was feeling like I didn't have enough time to apply it well because it does dry quickly. I use a primer with it and have no complaints! That's why I gave the four stars. If you have dry skin you should definitely moisturize and prime your skin before putting this on but to me it is worth it because it is beautiful! Great medium coverage and it stays put! No real need to set your foundation. I love the packaging and the matte pump is very attractive to me. Makes application so easy! I always used it with a 130 MAC brush. The price is a bit high, I'm assuming its more than studio fix just because of the packaging. But I love it! I wear MAC Match Master shade 1.0, and I just bought Studio Fix Fluid to try something new and I wear a shade NW13 in that.

on 1/15/2015 1:47:00 AM

I have a bone to pick with this foundation. Initially I was in love with it. I think it sits pretty well on the skin and matches my skin color perfectly in a matter of minutes. It also doesn't dry too slowly or too quickly so there is time to blend it well.

Now. Normally, I have almost perfect skin with the occasional blemish here and there. After using this foundation for literally two weeks, my face COMPLETELY BROKE OUT everywhere that was remotely possible to have acne. This is the worst breakout I have had in the last four years, and probably ever. I immediately stopped using the foundation and returned to a drugstore brand I have been using for two years. My face looked 15% better within two days. Three days later and it is almost healing and returning to normal.

I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to something in Matchmaster or exactly what happened but I will never purchase or use MAC foundation again.
I hate to say this because I am a HUGE advocate for all things MAC. In fact, MAC makes up more than half of my make-up collection. Apparently the foundations will not be apart of it.

on 1/14/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have never been a Mac girl because I have an acne prone skin n Mac foundations are known to cause breakout. This foundation is my HG foundation and am loving it. It's has not caused me any breakouts and it's feels light on the skin. The colour match is fantastic and its photographs well. I apply this foundation with real technique expert brush and set it with studio fix foundation powder and the result is awesome. I have few acne scars on my face but this foundation makes my face very flawless. I think this foundation is not matte and is not too dewy. It more in between.

on 1/11/2015 12:24:00 PM

My new holy grail foundation for ages I was using drugstore foundation and always turned out looking orange but no more the lady in the store was reallly nice and matched me straight away. It bones amazingly so can be put on really well and fast. It lasts all day with or without my primer. Just looks lisle you have amazing skin.

on 1/6/2015 12:54:00 PM

I'm from middle east but have super duper fair skin! And this foundation in the color 1.5 is perfect for my skin tone. It have a lighter shade but that was like a white base basically. I have oily skin but this foundation works really good for me. I don't like the super matte look, but this gives a little glow and make your skin looks flawless. I always have get compliments when I wear this with welldressed blush, nc15 prolongwear concealer and little bit of impassioned on lips, it makes your fair skin look and my skin is not perfect I have a ton of acne scars. Anyway I love this foundation and recommend it to everyone that is fair, has oily and sensitive skin!

on 1/4/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation didn't look very flattering on my face after a couple of hours. I'm very pale so i got the 1.0, and the shade is almost spot on. I feel like this foundation is not moisturizing at all, wich makes me unable to use it during the winter time. After a few hours it flaked a bit on the area around my nose, chin and forehead and looked dry and patchy. For the price, it's not worth the struggle of mixing with other moisturizers, creams, primers etc.

on 1/1/2015 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear BB cream 79 hot pink. I thought it was best for me until I found this foundation. matte finish, medium coverage, long lasting n perfectly match colour to my unusual skin tone which is yellow but very fair (I wear the 1.5). Yes, it accentuates dried skins, but it gets better awhile after I put it on. Yes, it oxidises, but just a little bittle. The oxidise makes my complexion looks healthier instead. yes, it has quiet strong smell, but with all those benefits above, I don't care! !

on 12/29/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is a really good foundation fits any type of skin type. good coverage i have been using for 3 years and i love it ! better then all of the other types in my opinion.

on 12/28/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear this in 5.0 and I love it. When first applied it seems light but it will oxidize SLIGHTY and go a shade darker. I'm combo to oily, with dry patches around my eyes, mouth and cheeks in the winter. I make sure to moisturize according prior to application. I love how this applies with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, but love bringing down the coverage on my "Ehhh" days with a damp beauty blender. This doesn't accentuate my pores, it doesn't crack and crease. And I stay matte for about 6hrs. After which I start get A LITTLE oil seepage around my nose. But after a blotting sheet, or some powder, I'm great.

on 12/27/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

MISTAKE for me to have switched from my regular regimen to try something new. I have successfully used MAC's studio fluid fix foundation with no acne problems.

I have had more pimples using matchmaster over the last 30 days than in the last 5 years! Almost every day, waking up with a new one. I wash my face in the AM and PM plus I use benzoyl peroxide cream twice a day to manage my -what used to be perfect-skin. I was so concerned I read the ingredients to see what was different...one of the first few is polymethyl methacrylate and a type of glass????? Hmmm....my face doesn't like it. Shall be returning and I'm back to my regular regimen...if it ain't broke, don't break it.

I only give it 2 stars because it is true to its name and matched my skin tone very well.