October 30, 2014 | 1563 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Amberjx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always wore foundations with alot of coverage but was never satisfied with the results. Somehow i always ended up looking too white or too orange. Also I'd never had a problem with oily skin before up until recently, and so I had to change my face makeup.

No foundations would sit right on my skin but I always went for thicker foundations to cover my blemishes. I'd heard about this foundation and first of all bought the starter kit, I loved the foundation on it's own and started to wear it without foundation on underneath. The coverage isn't great but it changes your skin to one whole colour and gives the illusion of perfection.
I usually use it with mac studiofix concealer, to cover any spots I have because this foundation isn't heavy enough to cover them.

It's really natural and stays on literally all day. I'll look in the mirror after like 8 hours and it'll still be exactly the same as it was in the morning. I've never had that with any foundation before.

Also it's pure enough to sleep in, and my skin has definitely cleared up since i've started using it.

Definitely worth a try. Great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Denniska

I was looking for some good foundation for my combination skin (oily T zone and dry flaky cheeks) for quite a while now, and after no luck with liquid foundations, I decided to give minerals a try.
First I didn't like it that much because although it was perfect on the oily parts of my skin, I still had flaky dry cheeks. But then I came across Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and it totally changed the way makeup looks on my skin, after using the microfoliant, I use my moisturiser and then this foundation and my skin is flawless and the makeup looks sooo natural... love the Dermalogica Microfoliant, buy it! :)
So now I have this foundation in MEDIUM and I bought the matte version in light as well and what I do every morning is I mix 2 parts of medium with one part light matte and this works wonders on my face, not too glowy, not too matte, just perfect. I'm amazed how much coverage it gives me, hides red cheeks instantly and using a small firm brush locally on blemishes, it makes them totally disappear. Btw I have the Well rested concealer as well and LOVE IT, would recommend to anybody.

Some people say this foundation doesn't provide enough cover, but it's because they use the wrong brush!! BEST BRUSH TO USE WITH THIS FOUNDATION is definetly the BIONIC FLAT TOP BUFFER BRUSH from Coastal Scents, it's sooo soft, literally like feathers on your skin, no hair fall out al all - and I washed it many many times already, and because it's flat, it helps to provide perfect coverage, you'll love it! You can buy it here, they deliver worldwide http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/2161_37/bionic-flat-top-buffer-brush.cfm
So I hope my review helped you, thank you Bare Escentuals, thak you Dermalogica Microfoliant and thank you Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush for making my face look sooooo good :))))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I LOVE this foundation, and I have loved it for years (since 2005) - I just drift away every once in a while to try new things. But anyways, there is a reason I keep coming back to this. It truely is a great product. I usually use this color, medium beige, or I use light. They have the same tones, just light is a tad lighter, and that is the shade I am currently using. People say this doesnt give them full coverage, but you can get full coverage with this. I dont listen to BE's suggestion about only using that small amount for your whole face. I use that same amount for each section of my face, and really buff it in. I then load my BE concealer brush up with product and spot conceal afterwards. Full coverage, and it doesnt look cakey.
I also love this foundation because it lasts ALL day, and when you use a bit of warmth and the mineral veil, my face looks perfect. I dont always use all of their products - I do love my MAC blushes, but this is great for foundation. The cost is the same as any other higher end foundation, unless you include the price of warmth and mineral veil.
This is my HG foundation, and I always fall back to it after trying new products, and I have repurchased every time i have run out. It is easy to apply also, the only downside is their brushes shed a lot, and the BE brushes are the only brushes that can apply this foundation right.
I know this review is kind of long, but obviously its a good product if I have used it since 2005, and always come back to it after being not so satisfied with other products. I do switch from this to liquid foundation, but this is definitley a product I can depend on

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

I can't believe I used this stuff for 3 years!!!!!! My face always looked off and I never knew why. People would compare me with jersey shore. And I do minimal make up but they thought I used fake bronzer.... Nope, it was because this foundation that sales associates matched me up with for years made me look ORANGE! no thanks. And here I am thinking i have a god awful oil problem. When it was the product all this time. I use the industry insider HG product Youngblood, and will never ever ever go back to Bare escentuals!!!!!!!!!!!! I never break out with YB, its so much more smoother, and I use 1/4 of the product a day than what I used for bare escentuals. it literally made me an oil slick everyday. And I would go through 6 of these a year! Youngblood lasts me 1.5 to 2 years and is as fresh on my face on first application to my last finishing application.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is alright, but not worth the price, or the fussiness of the product. It's messy, I have the foundation with the old packaging, not the new one. I can't just use a little bit, I have to use a lot to get good coverage, so then it looks cakey. I don't have the matte formula, so when you put as much on as I do, it looks really glowy...in a bad way. I'm just not a fan, the color is too yellow/orangey for me. The SA at Nordstrom would't listen to me when I said that I think the shade medium would be better for me since I have pink undertones, but she insisted, and I listened to her...but she was wrong, the color is so off. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by priscillaaa

I think it's complete bull that they sell this as a full coverage foundation even with just a tiny bit of the foundation.
Tiny bit of it does nothing for me...
I have some discolouration on my skin from post-acne marks, and this doesn't cover it up. However, it does provide a tad bit of coverage on it, which makes it less noticeable.
It is great as an everyday, look-natural thing.
I would actually say that the coverage is more on the light side.

I don't necessarily have dry skin, I have combo-oily, but I don't drink a lot of water, so my skin does tend to look dry at times, and this accentuates it like crazy.

I believe this would work best on those who already have good skin and don't need much coverage.

I would buy this again, only because I want to try a different colour. I got this in the Sephora Starter Set and the colour is a tad bit light for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by octoraro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product. The coverage on this powder is OK, but I breakout.
And... honestly, I'm just over the mess of mineral powders, in general. Tired of having to constantly wipe down the vanity after each use!

The search for the perfect foundation continues...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I've been using Medium beige for about 4-5 years. I think the COLOR matches my skin the best of any foundation (wet or dry) BUT now that I'm pushing 45, this is just HORRIBLE on my face now. This foundation finds every little fine line (that I donít see without it) and sinks in. Accentuates any dry patches I have also. I always moisturize and use primer (Monistat) before hand, but that doesnít help this foundation at all. I think if youíre YOUNG and you donít have ANY lines on your face or if you donít have any DRY skin, this will work for you. I think my Cover Girl oil-free liquid foundation is WAY better than this stuff. At least the Cover Girl doesnít sink into the fine lines and make me look like an old hag. So Iím retiring this stuff forever now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using BE for over 17 years. I love this foundation. Its the ONLY foundation that last, covers and protects my skin all in one. I love that fact that on days I can create a light or a heavy coverage look.
I have combo skin. This foundation does not wear off in the Florida heat. Plus I am very sensitive to the sun, I burn very easily and this foundation has prodected me for years. It nevers look or feels as if I have it on.
After working as a Makeup Artist for years I turned all my clients onto this line. It has also saved my skin and my clients skin after breakouts because it has minerals in it to help heal the skin.
Through my experience if a women said she did not like this foundation is was because of two things, she was not using it right or she was an older women.
This foundation does take time and practice to get the method just right, so WELL WORTH IT. If you are an older women or do have dry skin, you do have to use a primer on your skin. This line does have some amazing primers.
I personally think that for years we only had liquid makeup and its hard for women to look past that and try minerals.
REMEMBER its not a powder, if applyed right it does turn into a soft cream onto the skin. Once it works with the natural oils in your skin.
I tell all my clients to go into a BE store and try it out, wear it around before you buy to see how it looks on you. I simply can't live without this foundation. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by vintagepeople

This was the first makeup I ever tried wearing, and I got my mom a starter kit with this stuff in it just this past Christmas. She ended up passing it back to me since she's got her own stuff, and I thought I'd at least try it out again. Such a bad idea :( I've been clear-faced ever since getting on Retin-A and antibiotics and now I've got under-the-skin acne again!! I haven't changed anything about my skincare, diet, or makeup routine besides my foundation so this has to be it. I'm sad about it because it looked nice on me, very natural, and I wanted something to switch off with when I was too lazy to use my normal BB creams. My mom even saw my face once I took it off and told me to stop using it! I wish I could return it. :(