Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 9/27/2013 9:32:00 AM

I think this really works! Two weeks ago I singed my eyelashes lighting a gas stove (yeah, stupid). I already have fine, blonde, short & stumpy eyelashes so this was not a good thing. I was going to get Latisse since I can get it really cheap, but a friend reminded me of the possible eye discoloration and suggested this product instead. I've been using it for two weeks, twice daily on my eyelashes and eyebrows. My eyelashes have grown back in. Maybe that was just the natural growth cycle, I am not sure but I'm happy to have them back. However, my eyebrows which didn't get singed have always been very fine and sparse and THEY look amazing! This product has certainly helped with the fullness of my brows and I believe with the eyelash regrowth. So happy I tried this!

on 7/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Works quite well! I have been using this for about a year, mostly on my eyebrows which are very sparse. It helps to prevent hair loss and seems to be helping new hairs grow in. It's made a huge difference in my brows which are much fuller than they were. I've gone from pretty much no brows to almost acceptable brows! Hopefully soon enough I can stop filling in the bare spots with powder. Only wish it worked faster. Would repurchase.

on 7/12/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This lash serum works! I apply this in the AM & PM and on my eye brows too. The only thing I don't like about it is, it leaves a whitish residue on your lashes, like dried up glue. I have tried other brands & they didn't do that. I'll finish up this tube and will try something else. I did like another brand Maximum Lash but it got discontinued and that really made my lashes super long like falsies.

on 7/4/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've always had long lashes but they are not as thick as I would like them to be; they are generally thin and are long in the middle but are shorter at the outer and inner corners of my eyes.

I've read reviews of some different 'lash growth serums' and since this was the only lash growth treatment I could find and the price was okay (I think it was about $10 at Wal-Mart), I decided to give it a try. To date, I've been using this product for about 2 months (I'm almost done my first tube) on both my eyebrows and eyelashes (once a day, nights only). The applicator SUCKS - Rimmel could have made it more like a mascara wand (since it may be easier to apply that way) and the little brush at the tip could have been a bit larger. Be warned that the applicator can get really dirty if you still have makeup residue around your eyes and on your lashes after a wash - it's probably best to wipe the wand every single time you dip it back into the tube (it might also be a good idea to give it a proper cleaning regularly, similar to how you would clean makeup brushes).

I think this products WORKS insofar as it PREVENTS eyebrow/eyelash hairs from falling out FOR A TIME (i.e., they don't fall out as quick. That's what gives lashes the appearance of looking longer). I've noticed that I haven't really lost any lashes naturally or while removing eye makeup (same goes for my brows). My eyelashes do look a TAD BIT longer, definitely not a big noticeable difference though, and I didn't really see a difference in the thickness.

I tried wearing this during the day, underneath my makeup, but it weighs down my lashes too much and it leaves a sticky, white residue. Even wearing this before bed, I wake up with white residue on my brows, lashes, and lids but it doesn't bother me much.

Overall, I think this is a good product for me to PREVENT eyelashes from falling out due to the natural shedding process and/or trauma. Concerning thickness/growth/more lashes, there's probably a better product out there.

on 6/29/2013 11:48:00 PM

When I was younger, I overplucked the inside of my brows, and lately I have been trying to encourage them to regrow. This product contained some of the same ingredients as more expensive lash and brow serums for a fraction of the price, so I decided it was worth a try. Within the first few days, I did notice a little regrowth in the overplucked areas, and existing hairs grew longer. One naturally bald spot in the arch of one brow filled in completely. But despite the early promising results, I didn't see any new growth after the first few weeks, and still couldn't leave the house without brow powder. After I stopped using the product, the bald spot in my arch reappeared. So my conclusion is that this product works more on the level of conditioning existing hair, rather than helping regrow hair. If you do see regrowth, you'll have to keep using the product to maintain it.

Since this didn't work as well as it hoped, I am trying Talika right now to see if I get better, more long-lasting results.

on 6/23/2013 4:04:00 AM

I have been using this product for almost 2 months and I am starting to notice a difference with my lashes. I have very fine very blonde lashes. I wear mascara everyday and my lashes became very dry and were breaking off to the point where they were not growing back. I had used the ardel lash and brow serum and it did nothing for my lashes. I threw it out and decided to try the Rimmel serum. I am very impressed with this product. My lashes are getting longer and thicker. My eyelases are not falling out at a rapid rate anymore. Before I was loosing them all the time, but not anymore. For anyone who decides to use this product I would advise you to be patient. The packaging says you will see results after one month, but for me I am reaching two months and have just started noticing the difference. I use it every night before I go to bed and I just brush it along my lash line like and eyeliner. My lashes are definitely softer and stronger.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Rimmel says their Lash Accelerator Serum with Grow Lash Complex will "help to support the natural growth of beautifully long, remarkably strong lashes. With a unique hybrid applicator for precise application to lashes, lash line, or brows. Around the clock conditioning and fortifying gel helps to support healthy lash and brow growth. Shapes, separates, and sets lashes and brows into place. Improves the look of lashes, making them look longer and fuller." I'd been meaning to try this lash growth serum for quite a while, I finally bought it after an accident at work that caused me to lose a significant chunk of lashes on my left eye. I bought this serum at Ulta in a value pack that included this product and a kohl eyeliner. This duo cost $9.99, which is the regular retail price of Lash Accelerator Serum. This product contains 11ml (.37 fl oz). Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum is ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes. This serum was made in America. Rimmel products are tested on animals.
I don't have a lot to say about Lash Accelerator's packaging. This lash enhancing serum comes in a clear tube, with a metallic yellow cap. The tube features the product name as well as a description and directions. The applicator for Rimmel's lash serum certainly is interesting. Its a white plastic spoolie with no actual bristles, just spiraling grooves that catch the lashes. On top of the spoolie, if you want to call it that, is a small brush like you'd find in a liquid eyeliner. While I like the option of how to apply this product, I feel like the applicator is a little awkward to use, but I got the hang of it after a few applications.
Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum is a clear get that dries white. Rimmel says this serum can be worn as an overnight treatment or as a base for mascaras, I suggest only using it as an overnight treatment. Though Rimmel says this serum is fine for sensitive eyes, I found it kinda burny and irritating the first couple times I used it. I guess I've developed a tolerance to it or something though, but it still burns if it gets directly in the eye. I've been using Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum for about 6 weeks now and I've noticed some good (but not amazing) results. I've applied this serum to both my lashes and brows just about every night, and it took about a week for it to kick in. I don't think this serum directly makes your lashes longer so much as it fortifies and nourishes them, preventing premature lash loss and allowing them to grow longer on their own. Sadly, this serum has barely helped my injured lashes as much as my healthy ones. I feel like this serum thickened my lashes a fair amount. My lashes are also stronger and seem to hold a curl better lately. The enhancement is slight, but makes a difference. Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum was very effective for my brows. I don't really need any help in that department, I have very full brows naturally, but I was curious. This serum seems to have thickened my brows, I have to pluck way more often now, so I'm going to discontinue use on the brows except in areas I may over pluck.
Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum is good! For the most part it's non-irritating and has no negative side effects. Though the results aren't anything to be in awe of, this serum does what it promises. It definitely promotes brow growth better than it works for lashes, at least for me, but I feel like the results are definitely noticeable in both areas. It doesn't take too long to kick in either, which is great. I won't keep applying this serum to my brows, but Lash Accelerator has become part of my nightly routine. I'm not sure if I'll need to repurchase this serum or not, but I would. I do recommend Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum if you're looking for a product to subtly enhance your lashes and brows.

on 6/5/2013 2:07:00 AM

Pretty amazing stuff!! My lashes are longer my brows are growing in nicely ( over tweeze plus a bad wax job) I've been using it a week and can see a difference already!!

on 3/28/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty good! Helped my eyebrows grow out. Didnt make my lashes longer- only made them stronger and thicker. You apply it like mascara! Will repurchase.

on 2/16/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product at night. When I first started using it I wound up with gummy or webby lashes in the morning. This stopped after a few days, I started working the product into my lashes like mascara instead of applying a quick coating.

I have absolutely no problem applying mascara or makeup in the morning. I have very sensitive skin and have noticed a slight irritation, sometimes, but I have no problems using this product on my lashes. I am wondering if there is a fragrance that irritates my eyes since the irritation only lasts a few minutes.

After 1 week I started noticing a difference in length and fullness. Loose eyelashes (from breakage or just falling out) had practically stopped. I did not have much eyelash loss to begin with.

After 2 weeks the length and fullness was very noticeable.

This seems to help stop breakage, I am not sure about new growth. I saw some reviews with different techniques on applying. I am leery on applying this directly to my skin though.

I have used this for almost 2 months and the bottle is still quite full. It appears the bottle will last 6 months (using on eyelashes only, once at night). I am very surprised at the results. I bought this on a whim, I did not know this type of product was available at stores nor did I know it was so inexpensive. I will continue to use this.