October 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lash Treatments - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Olom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always had long lashes but they are not as thick as I would like them to be; they are generally thin and are long in the middle but are shorter at the outer and inner corners of my eyes.

I've read reviews of some different 'lash growth serums' and since this was the only lash growth treatment I could find and the price was okay (I think it was about $10 at Wal-Mart), I decided to give it a try. To date, I've been using this product for about 2 months (I'm almost done my first tube) on both my eyebrows and eyelashes (once a day, nights only). The applicator SUCKS - Rimmel could have made it more like a mascara wand (since it may be easier to apply that way) and the little brush at the tip could have been a bit larger. Be warned that the applicator can get really dirty if you still have makeup residue around your eyes and on your lashes after a wash - it's probably best to wipe the wand every single time you dip it back into the tube (it might also be a good idea to give it a proper cleaning regularly, similar to how you would clean makeup brushes).

I think this products WORKS insofar as it PREVENTS eyebrow/eyelash hairs from falling out FOR A TIME (i.e., they don't fall out as quick. That's what gives lashes the appearance of looking longer). I've noticed that I haven't really lost any lashes naturally or while removing eye makeup (same goes for my brows). My eyelashes do look a TAD BIT longer, definitely not a big noticeable difference though, and I didn't really see a difference in the thickness.

I tried wearing this during the day, underneath my makeup, but it weighs down my lashes too much and it leaves a sticky, white residue. Even wearing this before bed, I wake up with white residue on my brows, lashes, and lids but it doesn't bother me much.

Overall, I think this is a good product for me to PREVENT eyelashes from falling out due to the natural shedding process and/or trauma. Concerning thickness/growth/more lashes, there's probably a better product out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

When I was younger, I overplucked the inside of my brows, and lately I have been trying to encourage them to regrow. This product contained some of the same ingredients as more expensive lash and brow serums for a fraction of the price, so I decided it was worth a try. Within the first few days, I did notice a little regrowth in the overplucked areas, and existing hairs grew longer. One naturally bald spot in the arch of one brow filled in completely. But despite the early promising results, I didn't see any new growth after the first few weeks, and still couldn't leave the house without brow powder. After I stopped using the product, the bald spot in my arch reappeared. So my conclusion is that this product works more on the level of conditioning existing hair, rather than helping regrow hair. If you do see regrowth, you'll have to keep using the product to maintain it.

Since this didn't work as well as it hoped, I am trying Talika right now to see if I get better, more long-lasting results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mlhdance

I have been using this product for almost 2 months and I am starting to notice a difference with my lashes. I have very fine very blonde lashes. I wear mascara everyday and my lashes became very dry and were breaking off to the point where they were not growing back. I had used the ardel lash and brow serum and it did nothing for my lashes. I threw it out and decided to try the Rimmel serum. I am very impressed with this product. My lashes are getting longer and thicker. My eyelases are not falling out at a rapid rate anymore. Before I was loosing them all the time, but not anymore. For anyone who decides to use this product I would advise you to be patient. The packaging says you will see results after one month, but for me I am reaching two months and have just started noticing the difference. I use it every night before I go to bed and I just brush it along my lash line like and eyeliner. My lashes are definitely softer and stronger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel says their Lash Accelerator Serum with Grow Lash Complex will "help to support the natural growth of beautifully long, remarkably strong lashes. With a unique hybrid applicator for precise application to lashes, lash line, or brows. Around the clock conditioning and fortifying gel helps to support healthy lash and brow growth. Shapes, separates, and sets lashes and brows into place. Improves the look of lashes, making them look longer and fuller." I'd been meaning to try this lash growth serum for quite a while, I finally bought it after an accident at work that caused me to lose a significant chunk of lashes on my left eye. I bought this serum at Ulta in a value pack that included this product and a kohl eyeliner. This duo cost $9.99, which is the regular retail price of Lash Accelerator Serum. This product contains 11ml (.37 fl oz). Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum is ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes. This serum was made in America. Rimmel products are tested on animals.
I don't have a lot to say about Lash Accelerator's packaging. This lash enhancing serum comes in a clear tube, with a metallic yellow cap. The tube features the product name as well as a description and directions. The applicator for Rimmel's lash serum certainly is interesting. Its a white plastic spoolie with no actual bristles, just spiraling grooves that catch the lashes. On top of the spoolie, if you want to call it that, is a small brush like you'd find in a liquid eyeliner. While I like the option of how to apply this product, I feel like the applicator is a little awkward to use, but I got the hang of it after a few applications.
Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum is a clear get that dries white. Rimmel says this serum can be worn as an overnight treatment or as a base for mascaras, I suggest only using it as an overnight treatment. Though Rimmel says this serum is fine for sensitive eyes, I found it kinda burny and irritating the first couple times I used it. I guess I've developed a tolerance to it or something though, but it still burns if it gets directly in the eye. I've been using Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum for about 6 weeks now and I've noticed some good (but not amazing) results. I've applied this serum to both my lashes and brows just about every night, and it took about a week for it to kick in. I don't think this serum directly makes your lashes longer so much as it fortifies and nourishes them, preventing premature lash loss and allowing them to grow longer on their own. Sadly, this serum has barely helped my injured lashes as much as my healthy ones. I feel like this serum thickened my lashes a fair amount. My lashes are also stronger and seem to hold a curl better lately. The enhancement is slight, but makes a difference. Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum was very effective for my brows. I don't really need any help in that department, I have very full brows naturally, but I was curious. This serum seems to have thickened my brows, I have to pluck way more often now, so I'm going to discontinue use on the brows except in areas I may over pluck.
Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum is good! For the most part it's non-irritating and has no negative side effects. Though the results aren't anything to be in awe of, this serum does what it promises. It definitely promotes brow growth better than it works for lashes, at least for me, but I feel like the results are definitely noticeable in both areas. It doesn't take too long to kick in either, which is great. I won't keep applying this serum to my brows, but Lash Accelerator has become part of my nightly routine. I'm not sure if I'll need to repurchase this serum or not, but I would. I do recommend Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Serum if you're looking for a product to subtly enhance your lashes and brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Brandy850

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty amazing stuff!! My lashes are longer my brows are growing in nicely ( over tweeze plus a bad wax job) I've been using it a week and can see a difference already!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is pretty good! Helped my eyebrows grow out. Didnt make my lashes longer- only made them stronger and thicker. You apply it like mascara! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by akme21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product at night. When I first started using it I wound up with gummy or webby lashes in the morning. This stopped after a few days, I started working the product into my lashes like mascara instead of applying a quick coating.

I have absolutely no problem applying mascara or makeup in the morning. I have very sensitive skin and have noticed a slight irritation, sometimes, but I have no problems using this product on my lashes. I am wondering if there is a fragrance that irritates my eyes since the irritation only lasts a few minutes.

After 1 week I started noticing a difference in length and fullness. Loose eyelashes (from breakage or just falling out) had practically stopped. I did not have much eyelash loss to begin with.

After 2 weeks the length and fullness was very noticeable.

This seems to help stop breakage, I am not sure about new growth. I saw some reviews with different techniques on applying. I am leery on applying this directly to my skin though.

I have used this for almost 2 months and the bottle is still quite full. It appears the bottle will last 6 months (using on eyelashes only, once at night). I am very surprised at the results. I bought this on a whim, I did not know this type of product was available at stores nor did I know it was so inexpensive. I will continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by seattlegirl

I waited a good long time to write this review because I wanted to be sure it was really working. Yes, it does for me, but it's subtle and you need to be VERY patient.

I use this on my eyebrows only. when I was younger, I overplucked the inside tips of my brows (the part closer to the bridge of the nose). Big regret! Fast forward to today, and I am constantly looking for ways to extend the length of my brows without it looking fake.

I decided to give this a go because of the low price. I used it for approx 3-4 months before I started to see results. The first month I was using it 2x per day, but then I decided to use it just at night only. So maybe if you are willing to use it 2x per day longer than I did, maybe it'll work faster? I don't know.

My brows are not dramatically different now. But where there were bald spots from overplucking, now there are baby hairs. It has not completely filled in (at this point it's been 6 months), but here is the big thing for me: there is finally enough hair for my eye pencil to "grab" on to and my brows just look so much better! plus, I sometimes feel like they look ok enough to go without brow pencil. again, not a miracle, but better than I expected! but if I ever come across a brow growing product that works better, I'll probably switch to it.

Note: I have a feeling this will only work for overplucked brows. I don't think it will grow hair where there was never hair before. also if anyone is curious, it did not make my brow hairs darker or longer.

Packaging: The applicator is really stupid. I find that a mascara brush works much better. Specifically, I use the cover girl lash perfection brush -- the cap fits perfectly. it's a little too short but by the time the product gets that low, it's pretty murky looking and you might feel like purchasing a fresh tube by then anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having success with the more expensive Physicians Formula Last Boost Serum, I realized that this Rimmel lash serum has the same active ingredient as the PF serum (Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17) plus some other goodies like caffeine, which is supposedly good for stimulating hair growth in general though I've only ever seen it used before in products made for the hair on your head.

Results: My lashes are longer and stronger. They don't fall out as often, which is great! It took a few weeks to notice a difference, but since it's so quick and easy to apply at night, and the product isn't too expensive (<$10), I kept at it. My tube has lasted me 4+ months, and I still have probably 1/5 left, so you get a lot for your money.

Compared to Physicians Formula Last Boost Serum: The PF serum, which I've used in clear, doesn't sting quite as often as the Rimmel can, but both have given me the same results. The PF is thinner, which is both good and bad - that means it can be used 2x a day including in the AM under makeup without issues (I never had any), but it also meant that I was never sure that my lash line was coated enough.

Both products are great, but for me, Rimmel has the edge due to the addition of ingredients like caffeine, biotin, sodium hyaluronate, and an additional peptide, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had very bad false eyelashes applied and when I removed most of my real lashes were pulled out. I tried this and while results are not instant in a month my lashes were back and much fuller. Not a fan of the wand I only use brush and paint on a thin line just above my lash line. No residue left. I'm also using the mascara with the serum works for me.