April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Lash Treatments - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Brandy850

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty amazing stuff!! My lashes are longer my brows are growing in nicely ( over tweeze plus a bad wax job) I've been using it a week and can see a difference already!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is pretty good! Helped my eyebrows grow out. Didnt make my lashes longer- only made them stronger and thicker. You apply it like mascara! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by akme21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product at night. When I first started using it I wound up with gummy or webby lashes in the morning. This stopped after a few days, I started working the product into my lashes like mascara instead of applying a quick coating.

I have absolutely no problem applying mascara or makeup in the morning. I have very sensitive skin and have noticed a slight irritation, sometimes, but I have no problems using this product on my lashes. I am wondering if there is a fragrance that irritates my eyes since the irritation only lasts a few minutes.

After 1 week I started noticing a difference in length and fullness. Loose eyelashes (from breakage or just falling out) had practically stopped. I did not have much eyelash loss to begin with.

After 2 weeks the length and fullness was very noticeable.

This seems to help stop breakage, I am not sure about new growth. I saw some reviews with different techniques on applying. I am leery on applying this directly to my skin though.

I have used this for almost 2 months and the bottle is still quite full. It appears the bottle will last 6 months (using on eyelashes only, once at night). I am very surprised at the results. I bought this on a whim, I did not know this type of product was available at stores nor did I know it was so inexpensive. I will continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by seattlegirl

I waited a good long time to write this review because I wanted to be sure it was really working. Yes, it does for me, but it's subtle and you need to be VERY patient.

I use this on my eyebrows only. when I was younger, I overplucked the inside tips of my brows (the part closer to the bridge of the nose). Big regret! Fast forward to today, and I am constantly looking for ways to extend the length of my brows without it looking fake.

I decided to give this a go because of the low price. I used it for approx 3-4 months before I started to see results. The first month I was using it 2x per day, but then I decided to use it just at night only. So maybe if you are willing to use it 2x per day longer than I did, maybe it'll work faster? I don't know.

My brows are not dramatically different now. But where there were bald spots from overplucking, now there are baby hairs. It has not completely filled in (at this point it's been 6 months), but here is the big thing for me: there is finally enough hair for my eye pencil to "grab" on to and my brows just look so much better! plus, I sometimes feel like they look ok enough to go without brow pencil. again, not a miracle, but better than I expected! but if I ever come across a brow growing product that works better, I'll probably switch to it.

Note: I have a feeling this will only work for overplucked brows. I don't think it will grow hair where there was never hair before. also if anyone is curious, it did not make my brow hairs darker or longer.

Packaging: The applicator is really stupid. I find that a mascara brush works much better. Specifically, I use the cover girl lash perfection brush -- the cap fits perfectly. it's a little too short but by the time the product gets that low, it's pretty murky looking and you might feel like purchasing a fresh tube by then anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having success with the more expensive Physicians Formula Last Boost Serum, I realized that this Rimmel lash serum has the same active ingredient as the PF serum (Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17) plus some other goodies like caffeine, which is supposedly good for stimulating hair growth in general though I've only ever seen it used before in products made for the hair on your head.

Results: My lashes are longer and stronger. They don't fall out as often, which is great! It took a few weeks to notice a difference, but since it's so quick and easy to apply at night, and the product isn't too expensive (<$10), I kept at it. My tube has lasted me 4+ months, and I still have probably 1/5 left, so you get a lot for your money.

Compared to Physicians Formula Last Boost Serum: The PF serum, which I've used in clear, doesn't sting quite as often as the Rimmel can, but both have given me the same results. The PF is thinner, which is both good and bad - that means it can be used 2x a day including in the AM under makeup without issues (I never had any), but it also meant that I was never sure that my lash line was coated enough.

Both products are great, but for me, Rimmel has the edge due to the addition of ingredients like caffeine, biotin, sodium hyaluronate, and an additional peptide, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had very bad false eyelashes applied and when I removed most of my real lashes were pulled out. I tried this and while results are not instant in a month my lashes were back and much fuller. Not a fan of the wand I only use brush and paint on a thin line just above my lash line. No residue left. I'm also using the mascara with the serum works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by etcerica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this regularly for nearly 4 months (it at least lasts a long time). I will say that I applied this to my lash line once and it burned pretty badly. It didn't burn when I tried again on my lashes. But I really got this for my brows.

I've applied to my sparse brows nightly and stopped plucking all summer to try to repair some...misguided wax job at a salon. I was trying to repair three things: a bare spot caused by The Man With The Worst Wax Ideas Ever, genetic sparseness at the bridge of my nose, and a scar. While my brows have indeed grown in, I attribute it to my sheer will power in putting down the damn tweezers, and not this product, because the bald spot, the spareness, and the scar area have not changed. (I mean I know hair won't grow through a scar, but I at least had hopes that it might get thicker or longer around it and it would cover better. It didn't.)

If you enjoy the placebo effect, go for it. Otherwise, I think these products are just a gimmick. Thank god for brow pencils, amiright?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Itapinkpony

First of all, this lasts forever! I have been using it every day and night for over two months and I still have half of the product
It does sting when it gets in your eyes and it leaves a white sticky residue if you put on too much but it works!! my lashes are definitely longer and stronger and my eyebrows are growing faster (I got this after I over plucked them)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by QueenEvey

1. This product conditions, lengthens, and produces more lash growth for myself personally. When I used it after a week and a half I noticed these results.

2. The only problem is that it leaves a film on your lashes that makes it quiet difficult to apply mascara over. I recommend it as a night treatment only.

3. It does a lot for its price. I bought this 4 months ago and have persistently used it daily and not even half the bottle is gone.

4. May irritate eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Hanns93

I used this after I couldn't afford the L'Oreal version anymore. I was happier with the price, but I have to give this an average rating. The brush it came with wasn't very practical, a brush would have worked a little better. The serum itself is pretty thin, which can be a good thing because it means it will last longer. But whenever I got it too close to my eyes, it burned like heck. I did notice that my lashes are a little stronger, but don't stand a chance when I apply mascara to them. They can get very stiff and even fall OUT when I remove it with makeup remover. I used a little less of the serum and it seemed a little better. I think I will finish this off, and then switch back to the L'Oreal.