Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

Only foundation you will find that will last all day and feel comfortable. Honestly the best in terms of what you pay for. I tried this foundation a few years ago but for whatever reason, I didn't know how to apply it in a way that wasn't so much work. The texture is a bit difficult to work with, but with my Makeup forever stippling brush, all difficult foundations are easy to apply. I wear it underneath the MAC radiance primer, stipple this foundation, top it off with some MAC blot powder and i'm out the door feeling confident. I go through a full workday and any after work networking events, etc and it still looks natural which is super important to me in a corporate setting. LOVE IT!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've finally found my holy grail foundation! I use shade 2.4 and it matches perfectly with my skintone. I have combination skin, so my cheeks tend to get dry while my forehead and nose are pretty oily. With most foundations my t-zone is shiny by midday. Not with this one! It maintains a matte, yet natural looking finish all day which I love. Plus, it doesn't rub off on my sweaters- not even the white one I wore today. Smashbox has a winner with this foundation and I hope they don't discontinue the formula. Highly recommend, it's worth the money and I'll definitely be repurchasing in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good foundation but it absolutely sucks in color selection. The 1 series are for pale people. The 2 series are for people who are too yellow that they might as well rub mustard on their faces and walk around. The 3 and 4 series are for groups that are dark but within a weird shade of dark. Make the long story short, no matter how good this foundation is, the shades are unbearable.

I think I am in love with this foundation, HG status possibly. I have a hard time finding a foundation that lasts long and doesn't grease up every few hours, I have tried many, my top favorite product now is this but before it was Lancôme teint ultra 24 hour foundation which i still like, it's a solid full coverage foundation but it can be a little heavy at times. Smashbox's foundation claims 15 hour wear and I would say it definitely lives up to this, better than my Lancôme. This product also claims to be shine free and transfer/sweat resistant, and holy crap it is! I only powdered once in a ten hour day and it still looked great all night, with very minimal if any appearance of breakdown. The texture when applying this foundation does seem a little odd like its a creamy consistency but goes on very sheer, but once set with a little powder, i use Coty airspun, the coverage is perfect for me, i don't currently have any acne and the medium almost full coverage is enough and my skin appears perfected but natural not overly made up. The finish is also great for my combo skin, it finishes matte but not dry and has no heavy feeling on the skin. I got this foundation in shade 2.1 and it's a pretty good match for my NW20 skin tone, i could maybe go a shade darker in summer. Highly recommend if you are looking for a long wear foundation that makes your skin more beautiful without the hassles of touch ups.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this foundation. My HG foundation before this was Estee Lauder Double Wear but I have finally found something even better! I wear the shade 1.1 and I'm mac NC25.

Pros:
-Doesn't feel heavy
-Comes with a pump
-Doesn't fade or transfer
-Stays put on my oily skin

Cons:
-Colour selection

This product is seriously AMAZING. I've tried everything from nars foundation (horrible), to cover fx bb gel (terrible), to makeup forever (ugh). But Smashbox gave me that natural, glowing radiant look. It covered all of my acne scars and lasts so long, and through the heat, when normally I would sweat and my makeup would become patchy and runny. If I could recommend this to everyone I would. Smashbox foundation is heaven-sent!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not covering enough for my acne and melasma! Received a sample, but won't purchase cause I need more coverage. Can't tell how it would effect my acne, but the finish is quite matte and the formula is thin with medium coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Almost 50 y/o, dry skin. Love coverage mostly due to broken capillaries. I was using Becca Ultimate Coverage and I love it but this...not as thick of a foundatio as Becca but the same coverage. Looks very natural, doesn't dry my skin, doesn't budge! Looks just as good at 6pm as it does at 0430 when 8 put it on. The reason I took off one lippie? It doesn't last around my nose but I'm ok with that, this foundation is amazing on normal to dry mature skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this over a year ago and I still have half a bottle left because I rotate my foundations. I pull this one out in hot weather when my combination skin is oilier. I don't have a perfect match in Double Wear, and I find the finish to be mask-like, anyway. This Smashbox foundation has a matte finish but looks a bit more natural. I have a good color match (1.2 warm fair) in Studio Skin, and it's one of my favorite foundations at Sephora.

PROS:

1. Matte finish
2. Fragrance free (and doesn't have the chemical smell of Double Wear)
3. Good selection of natural-looking flesh tones
4. Doesn't exaggerate textural flaws such as large pores, blemishes, or fine lines
5. Might not last fifteen hours, but is certainly good for at least eight
6. Comes with a pump dispenser
7. Full coverage for times when you want that

CONS:

1. A bit pricey at $42 for 1 ounce.
2. Can appear dry on skin that is lacking in natural oils.

They probably shouldn't make "15 hour" part of the name because I don't think very oily skin will get 15 hours of wear.

I tried to find a good, solid answer regarding Smashbox's policy on animal testing but got mixed results. Beautypedia says Smashbox doesn't test on animals, but Smashbox is not on Leaping Bunny's list. On the Smashbox website they claim not to test on animals and claim not to sell their products in China. Smashbox's parent company is Estee Lauder, which also owns MAC, Bobbi Brown, Origins, Tom Ford, and Clinique. Estee Lauder is a company that has a history of paying for third party animal testing, citing China's policy as their reason. This is why Smashbox specifies that their products aren't sold in China.

Ingredients

All shades contain:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i am absolutely in love with this foundation, i just repurchased it yesterday, i tend to get oily skin and this foundation feels nice once it sets!