Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 2/13/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love this foundation! It has a matte finish and does not leave dry patches on my skin. It has a medium coverage that can be built up. So easy to apply and does a great job at leaving my skin so perfect! I would recommend people to try this foundation! I am running out of mine and will be repurchasing! :)

on 2/7/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have two shades in this foundation, 4.1 and 4.2, I get far warmer in the Summer months so getting a different shade was a must. Now on to the nitty gritty - I was actually pleasantly surprised by the coverage and finish, considering it was quite watery in consistency it did give me a nice medium coverage without looking cakey at all. I have dry combination skin, with my nose being the most oily - I always find it hard to find a foundation to last more than four hours around my oily zones so blotting was a must. Whilst the rest of my face would last a good 10+ hours on me. I love the fact that the 4.1 shade hasn't got a crazy orange undertone though... I can't imagine the amount of times I've had to return foundations because they had me looking like an Oompa Loompa. Overall, this is currently my fave foundation giving me flawless, immaculate and matte coverage without the cakiness and also features a pump dispenser ^_^

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall I think 4 stars is being a little generous, but all in all I quite like this foundation. I got so sick of trying to find a foundation that suited my skin tone, and the extremely dry and oily patches I have - however this foundation was recommended by a lot of beauty bloggers for the fair skinned so I thought I'd give it a go. When it arrived I noticed it still looked a little too dark for me which it is, but not too awful so I can forgive that (a little warmth to the face never hurt anyone 💁). I've been wearing this foundation for a few weeks now, and I do *like* it, but I don't think I'll buy another when it runs out. The reasons being, I really don't like the way it sits on my dry patches and under my eyes as it kind of emphasises the dryness and looks a little cake - y (which isn't ideal). Also, the 15 hour staying power it promises is a bit ambitious as when I get back from school I look quite blotchy and red and gross. However, the coverage when I put it on is pretty good, the consistency of the product feels good against the skin and it didn't break out my really sensitive skin which is frankly a miracle at this point. When I've just put my makeup on it's like a 5 star product, but I'd say after 2 hours it drys, cracks and looks dull - but not too badly that I feel I can't wear it and I have had some compliments on it recently.

Love this foundation. I rarely wear foundation (only to special events usually), but this is a keeper. I have had the same bottle for years now and the product seems to be just like the day I bought it. I have shade 1.1 for my fair skin with blue undertones and it matches perfectly. Its the perfect amount of beige to pink ratio and evens out my skin nicely without feeling heavy or caked on. It also seems to stay on for a long time. Would definitely repurchase this product.

on 1/12/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Reference: MAC NC45/NC50
Product Shade: 4.1

This was my first foundation from Smashbox, I got it at a discount website on sale so I said, 'What the heck, why not?'.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that I didn't buy more. This is the PERFECT shade match for me. The darkest shade is 4.2 so the colour range for WoC isn't that great but I am forunate enough to fit into the range. It is long wearing and has a natural finish. If I am going somewhere for a long period of time, this is the foundation I would wear.

I'm nearly finish the bottle and I do believe that I will be re-purchasing to fill my "long wear" category.

on 1/11/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This foundation is my HG! FINALLY!!!! Absoloutely in love with it!

My skin is a complete combination. It's dry, very oily, highly prone to acne and it is also very sensitive and reactive when trying new products. For all if the above reasons i tend to stick with what i know when it comes to foundations. Absoloute pain in the bum!

I wear a darker shade than my natural skin tone as i fake tan alot!
I was colour matched to 2.4 and wear tawny 3.1 in ELDW. Perfect!

I was after a foundation less heavy, matte and drying than DW as i am very oily but don't particularly like a matte finish with foundation, and this is perfect!

I wore it for the first time on a night out to really test if out and it stayed amazing all night!
There was hardly any shine and i do get very oily, especially on nights out dancing away, but it pretty much looked the same 8 hours after a night on the town! I have no doubt this would of lasted the 15 hours with maybe 1/2 touchups/ blots.
I've read some reveiws on here saying its almost sheer, i'm going to say thats due to the application, as it is not sheer it is quite thick & definitely a medium/full very buildable foundation. Its highly pigmented, unpurfumed & not as thick as DW. It didnt cake, and finished semi matte with a dewy glow.

I applied it with a real techniques stippling brush & set with a dusting of bare minerals ready foundation in r330 which is also amazing!!!
It doesnt flash white in pictures like double wear and just looks flawless!
So far it hasnt broke me out & i'm definitely going to be purchasing it asap! This really is an amazing flawless foundation. Lighter on the skin than double wear with the same coverage and added hydration! 10/10.
Cant see how this wouldnt be perfect for any skin type! I'm in love with it! Get colour matched and take a sample you wont regret it!
Hope this helps:)

Ps, if your oily i WOULD reccommend setting it due to the dewy finish!

on 1/7/2015 8:57:00 PM

My HG foundation! I finally found it! This stuff goes on beautifully, medium coverage with tons of colors to match almost any skin tone. Works great with smashbox primers and I use Nyx dewy setting spray and this stuff does not budge! It makes your skin look so pretty, I don't even have to set it with powder. No dry spots or greasy spots. It is pricey at 42$ but I barely have to use any, one squirt works for my whole face! I'm so in love with this stuff I can't believe how great it makes my skin look. Everyone must try this! As with any liquid foundation, make sure you are exfoliating your skin, moisturizing and using a primer!

on 12/20/2014 6:28:00 PM

Found my HG foundation, finally!! After years of searching, I've found the one. I have it in the shade 2.2, which is a nice match for my nc 30 to 35 skin (I fake tan so it varies), with yellow undertones that aren't too yellow.

So studio skin has everything I look for in a foundation: medium to full, buildable coverage; dries in a minute or two to a satin matte finish so only needs a small amount of powder to set (I hate too much powder!), AND most importantly, it lasts all day! No foundation has ever truly lasted from morning to night for me until now. I honestly get a full 14-15 hour wear out of this and I didn't think it was possible on my combination skin. This doesn't make me oily or show up any dry patches like a lot of other foundations do.

Any cons? It is a little pricey, at £28. But I am completely happy to pay this as it's well worth it. Will definitely repurchase! If you have a problem with makeup only seeming to last a few hours and are fed up of searching give this one a try!!

on 12/17/2014 3:17:00 PM

I will admit I was a bit hesitant to buy this at first because of the price. However, because of the heavy acne and redness on my skin, none of my other foundations did a good job of hiding it, and it was one of the very few products I could find that were "full-coverage."

I only use two pumps at the most--this stuff his VERY pigmented-- and it covers my entire face and my neck. To make it last, you definitely need the right tools--foundation brush, stipling brush, sponge, etc. but don't use your fingers! You won't get the look you want by using them, trust me, and you'll end up using more product than you need to. I also found that this product goes on a bit shiny, so absolutely use a loose or pressed powder to set the foundation afterwards. After you set it, this stuff WILL NOT come off your face until you wash it off. Overall, amazing foundation and will definitely buy again when I (eventually) run out... shouldn't be for a while, though!

on 12/11/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Seriously, holy cow, HG. I'm 27 years old and never thought I would find a foundation that worked for me, but here's my Goldilocks story...

I'm not a foundation girl. I have such oily skin that makeup never looked good on me for more than 1 or 2 hours, especially in humid Singapore where I grew up, but even in cool temperate Northern California I have to blot my face at least 3 times a day. I had acne for the longest time in teenagehood and couldn't cover it with makeup, but now after antibiotics and years of a proper toning and moisturizing regimen, my skin has only very light acne scars / slight redness and I'm comfortable going out without makeup on my face and people still think I look fine.

=== Too Light ===

Two years ago, as part of a makeover, I was recommended Armani Face Fabric (and to stipple it on with a concealer brush). I used it for 2 years, it gave sheer-to-light coverage so it looked better than nothing on my face, and felt lightweight and comfortable but I would still not look airbrushed or anything, I'd still get shiny and it would slide off about 5-6 hours later.

=== Too Heavy ===

When I first put on the correct shade of Revlon ColorStay, it just covered all my redness and trace acne scars, and I got such a flawless matte finish, I was super stoked because I looked like an actress. It even helped me stay not shiny for much longer! But what I didn't like was the full coverage, because it just painted my entire face the same uniform colour and looked a bit fake and mannequin-like. I definitely needed to apply contour shades and blush to make myself look human. It also lay heavily on my skin, and I suspect it may have caused me to break out.

=== Just Right ===

So like any good MUAer, I decided to put my fate in the hands of all you good folks. I narrowed down the foundation Top Picks by people with Oily Skin, and it gave me Estee Lauder Double Wear, MUFE, Lancome Teint Idole, etc, and Smashbox Studio Skin. To be honest I have a sort of aversion to more "classic" makeup brands like Estee Lauder and Lancome because they remind me of my mother (who is beautiful, but I don't want to look like her yet), and I have a soft spot for Smashbox since buying their awesome Master Class Color and Contour Palette recently. I went to my local Sephora to try out the Smashbox Studio Skin vs Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. Both looked great, but the Tarte has SPF 15 and gave me a very slight ghostly "flashback" in a flash photograph.

With Smashbox Studio Skin I got the same "celebrity skin" quality, but lighter and an even more natural finish because it reveals (in a blurred, gentle way) the slight variations of coloration of my real skin underneath, which I think is a very pretty fresh-faced look (I don't even need to apply blush now!). Seriously, I wore this to my holiday party over the Becca mattifying primer and did my eyes as usual (with my HG Etude House eye primer and Armani Eyes to Kill mascara), and people told me I looked like I was going to the Oscars. Every photo I took turned out so glam I couldn't believe that was my own skin. I intend to wear this with a layer of sunscreen for everyday wear, but skip the sunscreen for parties or events where I might be photographed. I never want to live without this foundation in my life again. So... will you marry me, Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation?

--------- Shade ------------

Sephora initially colour-matched me to 2.3, but that made me look pale and pasty, so I went up one to 2.4 which was nicer, with the correct yellow undertone, but just a tad too dark for me. I finally found my perfect match in 2.2 (Light Golden Beige). For reference, I was somewhere between 330 Natural Tan/350 Rich Tan/360 Golden Caramel in Revlon ColorStay, and shade 3 in Face Fabric.

The only con I can think of for this foundation is, it kind of clings to my brushes. I usually do a quick swipe with a Ponds makeup remover wipe on my face to remove most of it before I start to power-scrub my face with my Clarisonic Mia 2, but one time I forgot and it tinged all my Mia 2 white bristles with orange-beige tips. Same with the flat-top kabuki brush I used to apply it... brush cleaner won't get that pigment off. Oh well, I can live with that...