October 23, 2014 | 1398 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Wow Lash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AlisiaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a good mascara for the value and purchased Rimmel Extra Wow Lash on a whim, though I have tried one other Rimmel mascara before but was not happy with the results. I have tried Cover Girl, Lash Blast, used Maybelline Great Lash for a couple of years and always went back to Almay One Coat Mascara, which is a keeper I might add. I also needed a mascara that won't irritate my eyes either and the others did irritate my eyes, except Almay.

I have been using Rimmel Extra WOW Lash for a little over a month along with Almay One Coat and I love the look this mascara gives to my lashes. The BIG brush size is perfect for definition, length and volume. It wears well all day long and can clump a little because the formula is more on the wet side. Usually I am going for a natural look so I won't build up more coats on my lashes but it is nice to know that build-ability for the formula is an option. Extra WOW Lash does not flake but it can be a bit of a pain to remove and there is always a little left over that carries over the next day leaving a slight raccoon look under my eyes, which is why I give this mascara four Lippies instead of five. Over all I really like this mascara, especially for the price and quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Edit: I slept in this and although the mascara came off a bit, it still looked fine, there was no smudging, and when I went to remove it I used barely any of my Maybelline makeup remover lotion (the $4 opaque pink bottle). Easiest mascara I've ever had to remove. Usually I end up having to wash my whole face because the mascaras'll cause such a mess, and still be like eyeliner on the bottom lash line. So far I'm liking this as opposed to what I was doing.

I went to Target yesterday and this was on sale for around $3. I vaguely remembered this getting a good review on Beautypedia so of course I had to try it. I do use mascaras that I love, but I will never pass up a chance to try something new.

Lately I open up NYC's Sky Rise and Big Bold (the fuchsia bottle not the turquoise bottle with curl) because I love Sky Rise's brush and Big Bold's formula. I'll pick up the BB brush to separate and declump if necessary but go back over with the SR brush (I don't re-dip I just have them stand or lay down) to put volume back on.

I brought up the NYC mascaras because the Rimmel Extra Wow Lash is that routine in one step--a narrow, fluffy brush dipped into a whole lot of mascara. Even the bottle is like my routine, normally a mascara makes a pop from going through a scraper but this goes in and comes out like a finger in a jar, just as the SR brush goes in and out the BB tube. The container itself is weird as hell because it doesn't securely close. It doesn't twist, the only thing I can think of closing the tube is a magnet but it does not feel like it has that either. I would so worry about carrying this in any bag or purse. Does this not dry out because there's just so much product?

I try my best to get beautiful lashes that people can see. The perfect lashes would be every one curled up up up, standing tall, defined with volume and that is possible with the extra wow lash and sky rise lengthening brushes, especially the latter. Maybe one day I'll be able to see the Rimmel mascara wand, out from hiding under a mile of black goooooo. Possibly even use it with a different formula in the future. I'm keeping Sky Rise just because it's the only brush that can get the inside lashes and coat my bottom lashes without making a mess. But its formula is way blah. I have been mixing formulas with different brushes for a little bit. Big Bold works but it takes some time getting used to. I prefer fluffy brushes, they seem to make fluffy lashes.

My routine and the wow mascara aren't perfect. They're close. How so? Because when a good fluffy brush gets a lot of good mascara in it, it is able to coat quickly, evenly, make lashes people can't help but notice. Unfortunately there's so much product (and no way to get enough on/off every time) that the fluff is choked in mascara. I haven't tried my other idea yet--using a fluffy brush from one of my empty tubes like Maybelline Mega Plush perhaps, while extra wow is still wet.

Instead of individual lashes, you see three or four connected all throughout. No clumps but I've just been happy with it because it's better than not being near what you consider perfect. I will soon compare, on each eye, it to my NYC 2-mascaras routine to see if I want lashes like this again, which brand I will buy. With extra wow, I've had no mascara problems like flaking or smearing. Will update if need be.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jod84

This is a great mascara for the price and I love the brush because you can get every lash coated. This makes my lashed really thick and long but the only down side is if you apply to much it will clump

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

super cheap and effective. Gives decent volume and length. This mascara looks natural with one coat, but is very build-able to the look you're going fot

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jcabelleta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i would recommend this mascara for anyone who wants something cheap that will add volume to your lashes.
i have really short lashes, and i find that this product does lengthen it. i usually apply 2 coats, and i can actually see the difference in my eyes.
one con is that it can get a bit clumpy. i would recommend blinking a few times and use a tissue to wipe the excess mascara.
hope this helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Christinenicola85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't usually review products, but had to review this one. I normally only use Lancome Hypnose and bought this one as I was travelling and had forgotten my makeup bag. I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but it was amazing, definitely the best mascara I have ever had.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by averyhawthorne

I love this mascara! Very cheap ranging from $3.99-$5.00. It does a great job lengthening and separating lashes! It also gives good volume!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by candyintheeyes

I almost finish using this mascara. It does a good job at volumizing eyelashes and eventually my eyes look bigger. Improvement is needed as the eyelashes do not really stay curled up for many hours in order to be more long lasting. Conclusion, it is still a good product but I am still looking for a greater one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is easily a dupe for Too Faced's Lash Injection. The formula is easy to work with and doesn't dry too quickly like most drug store mascaras. The brush is HUGE which is the most important part of what its going to do with your lashes. It makes my lashes look thicker and and longer. It also holds a curl very well. The formula in the tube doesn't prematurely dry out like some other mascaras I've tried and I have not had any problems with clumping. I would give this mascara a 10 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ClaraDeMartino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was actually quite happy about this product, when applied it made my eyelashes look like they were longer and thicker, as noticed by friends.
It wasn't expensive, it was roughly about 5-7
I would definitely use this again, It's my favourite mascara by far!