December 22, 2014 | 918 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My local MAC store had ran out the Mineralised Skin Finish, both pressed and loose in my shade, but it's summer in Australia and some sort of powder to set my BB cream or foundation is pretty essential! So with hesitation, with no idea what the reviews were like, I bought this as a stop-gap. Thankfully, it's great! I use an EcoTools kabuki to pick up a little, shake the excess off and then gently swirl onto my skin. It gives a lovely soft and glowy effect. It's pretty easy to use too much though, which makes me look really matte and ashen. I'd like to have both the Skin Finish and this together, as neither is a substitute for the other, and both are useful in different situations. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

Keeps my skin matte all day! Love it! Shoukd be used with a light hand, a little goes a long way! I can see this will last me a very long time, so definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first high end powder. Before I tried this I thought that it didn't matter what powder you bought, because none of them do much. That was until I tried this, it keeps you nice and matte, but it doesn't make you look dry or caky either. I think that it's almost impossible to look caky with this powder. The only thing is if you are tan or dark, be careful not to apply too much since the powder is white it might look ashy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by KimNL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is so overrated. I have oily skin but not super oily. So looking at the reviews I expected this powder to keep me matte all day. After 6 hours my T-zone could be used as a mirror. Thats disappointment 1.
Second disappointment is the way it fixates my make-up. I use it on top of my MAC pro longwear foundation and halfway through tte day I look like a hot mess. Its seems like the powder builds up on certain area's like my nose and chin. It just looks gross.
Never buying this again and going back to my beloved MAC blotpowder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for slightly less than 2 months now and IT IS AMAZING. I had always had issues with my oily T zone and oily pores which I attribute to the weather in Singapore (28-33c on average, 70% humidity). I have also tried to find skincare products which helps with shine control (such as Shieseido's Pureness Matifying Moisturizer) to no avail. Have been using Shiseido's Mattifying Stick but the results it gave is nothing compared to this Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder! I usually wear this over my moisturizer/sunscreen, just to blot out the shine on my T zones and chin. Initially I was afraid that it may cause breakouts because the product wasn't certified as non-comedogenic (unlike Shiseido's products) and I was contemplating whether to get MAC or Shiseido's transparent powder. In SIngapore, this MAC powder sells for SGD40 while Shiseido's sells for SGD50. I decided to try the cheaper and alternative and I never regretted it. This powder is able to hold about 3 hours' worth of shine (depends on how long I spent in a air-conditioned environment as my skin tends to be more oily after that). It comes in the sleek black compact case which MAC is famed for, with a small round mirror. There is no brush/powder sponge puff provided but you can get one from MAC for about SGD7-9 I think. I am using EcoTool's retractable kabuki brush with this product and I highly recommend this to any girl who doesn't have overly sensitive skin/prone to breakouts and who has shine issues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate selling MAC's products for them but this product isawesome. I have the loose powder which is great but of course more messy. Anyway, as a loyal multiple re-purchaser of Blot powder I didn't think anything could be better. But this powder truly minimizes my pores which can be noticeable on my nose. I don't like any shine there and this powder just takes all the shine away and seems to airbrush the pores.

EDIT 11/3/12- This does leave a bit of a white cast and is not as versatile as medium dark blot powder. This is good for a super oily nose but not all over the face with a heavy hand.

NOTHING is going to keep the shine away all day. It's just not possible. This does a great job for 3-4 hours. Touch ups are required.

I paid $24 at MAC but was surprised to find no puff inside the mirrored compact. I have been applying with a kabuki brush and the results are great. MAC blot powder is better for brown skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great pressed power. It's transparent so it leaves no pigment, and it is also very light on the skin. I can't really say it was great value, because I feel it didn't last me as long as it should have for the price I paid. But still, I love it and would re-purchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff if HG to me! It's amazing! I was always a fan of the loose version of this, so when I heard a pressed one was coming out I was so happy!

In term of the difference this makes, I feel this is the only powder in this form that actually makes a difference to the way my skin looks! I like this better than the Make up Forever HD powder.

I use the MUFE HD Foundation and set it with this, Also after about 6 hours I can tend to look a little shiny with the MUFE Foundation so I keep this powder with me at all times and do a quick dusting after about 6 hours. Usually once a day and it's just the best!

Kett Cosmetics also do a pressed powder exactly like this, but the Mac one is way more accessible. I would use either one, they're both great!

LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by CandidReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The claims: "A silky, colourless finishing powder suitable for all skin tones. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of lines & imperfections. Wear over makeup or on its own. Now in a pressed compact for ease & portability."

I purchased this only because there's a limited range of products available where I live.

Color/Finish:
It works well enough - the translucency allows for it to be worn all year without having to purchase two shades of powder. It does not leave a white cast. It sets my foundation. I'm not sure how it wears, because I don't notice anything exceptional about it. There is absolutely no shimmer of glitter particles in this, which is great. It gives me a shine free finish without being matte, which looks very natural.

Packaging:
The packaging is nice, with a good sized mirror in the compact. The compact is glossy, and has iridescent glitters on the packaging (but not the product). It opens with the press of a button, which is great because it won't ruin painted nails.

Pressed/Loose?
I bought this in the pressed form for convenience, but I may look into purchasing the loose form next time to be able to pick up more product to set my under eyes.

Pros:
-Translucent, completely colorless. Matches me year-round
-Sleek, lightweight, attractive packaging
-Opening mechanism

Cons:
-This is nothing exceptional

Verdict:
I have already hit pan on this, and I like it well enough. Because this is nothing special, I will try to find a drugstore equivalent of a translucent powder (that doesn't have glitter, because that's the main problem). If I can't find a dupe, I'll repurchase this one.
If you're looking for just a standard colorless setting powder and can't find a less pricey one, you can try this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like it! It helps on my oily skin :)