MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

Mica, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Wax, Calcium Silicate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Acetate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 15850/Red 6 Lake, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great setting powder. It does not control oil as well as MAC's Blot pressed powder, but that stuff looked so cakey sitting on top of foundation. This goes on like a sophisticated powder should - invisible, matte,giving that slightly diffused and brightened look to the skin. Great product. Only would give it 5 lippies if it controlled oil the same way Blot does.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this powder! As soon as I'm done with my foundation and face powder, I very lightly pat this over the top of my t zone, and can immediately tell the difference, it mattifies any oil in those areas.

PROS:
Comes with a mirror and packaging is lovely (as all MAC products are)
Pressed form is easy for travel
Works wonders for oil control
Has lasted in the pan for a while so far
Although white in the pan, it is completely transparent

CONS:
You will need to reapply during the day as it doesn't having amazing staying power
MAC products aren't exactly the cheapest (especially in Australia)
Doesn't come with a powder puff

Will repurchase, all in all a great product!

Finally!
I was veryyy skeptical buying another MAC powder,seeing as i've tried every MAC powder and foundation and they have ALL been overrated. Most even broke me out terribly,but by a fluke I decided to try this line of powder and well it has redeemed MAC for me! Finally they got it right,this powder is just grand.

Pro's:
-Don't have to find perfect shade(it's transparent) one color fits all.
-Makes my skin look fresh and poreless
-Great to seal my concealer
-NOT cakey at all
-looks natural!
-beautiful finish
-adorable packaging

CON's:
-like a lot of MAC products it doesn't come with an applicator,had to purchase one
-wish staying powder was just a tad better,I find my face getting oily often,but a quick blot and i'm fresh faced again!

I will definitely pre-order this again & again.

New HG compact. :) very pleased to finally get what I paid for.

on 1/8/2013 12:57:00 AM

My local MAC store had ran out the Mineralised Skin Finish, both pressed and loose in my shade, but it's summer in Australia and some sort of powder to set my BB cream or foundation is pretty essential! So with hesitation, with no idea what the reviews were like, I bought this as a stop-gap. Thankfully, it's great! I use an EcoTools kabuki to pick up a little, shake the excess off and then gently swirl onto my skin. It gives a lovely soft and glowy effect. It's pretty easy to use too much though, which makes me look really matte and ashen. I'd like to have both the Skin Finish and this together, as neither is a substitute for the other, and both are useful in different situations. I will repurchase.

on 11/25/2012 9:06:00 PM

Keeps my skin matte all day! Love it! Shoukd be used with a light hand, a little goes a long way! I can see this will last me a very long time, so definitely worth the money!

on 10/1/2012 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my first high end powder. Before I tried this I thought that it didn't matter what powder you bought, because none of them do much. That was until I tried this, it keeps you nice and matte, but it doesn't make you look dry or caky either. I think that it's almost impossible to look caky with this powder. The only thing is if you are tan or dark, be careful not to apply too much since the powder is white it might look ashy.

on 9/26/2012 8:49:00 AM

This product is so overrated. I have oily skin but not super oily. So looking at the reviews I expected this powder to keep me matte all day. After 6 hours my T-zone could be used as a mirror. Thats disappointment 1.
Second disappointment is the way it fixates my make-up. I use it on top of my MAC pro longwear foundation and halfway through tte day I look like a hot mess. Its seems like the powder builds up on certain area's like my nose and chin. It just looks gross.
Never buying this again and going back to my beloved MAC blotpowder

on 9/22/2012 6:49:00 AM

I have been using this for slightly less than 2 months now and IT IS AMAZING. I had always had issues with my oily T zone and oily pores which I attribute to the weather in Singapore (28-33c on average, 70% humidity). I have also tried to find skincare products which helps with shine control (such as Shieseido's Pureness Matifying Moisturizer) to no avail. Have been using Shiseido's Mattifying Stick but the results it gave is nothing compared to this Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder! I usually wear this over my moisturizer/sunscreen, just to blot out the shine on my T zones and chin. Initially I was afraid that it may cause breakouts because the product wasn't certified as non-comedogenic (unlike Shiseido's products) and I was contemplating whether to get MAC or Shiseido's transparent powder. In SIngapore, this MAC powder sells for SGD40 while Shiseido's sells for SGD50. I decided to try the cheaper and alternative and I never regretted it. This powder is able to hold about 3 hours' worth of shine (depends on how long I spent in a air-conditioned environment as my skin tends to be more oily after that). It comes in the sleek black compact case which MAC is famed for, with a small round mirror. There is no brush/powder sponge puff provided but you can get one from MAC for about SGD7-9 I think. I am using EcoTool's retractable kabuki brush with this product and I highly recommend this to any girl who doesn't have overly sensitive skin/prone to breakouts and who has shine issues.

on 9/12/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I hate selling MAC's products for them but this product isawesome. I have the loose powder which is great but of course more messy. Anyway, as a loyal multiple re-purchaser of Blot powder I didn't think anything could be better. But this powder truly minimizes my pores which can be noticeable on my nose. I don't like any shine there and this powder just takes all the shine away and seems to airbrush the pores.

EDIT 11/3/12- This does leave a bit of a white cast and is not as versatile as medium dark blot powder. This is good for a super oily nose but not all over the face with a heavy hand.

NOTHING is going to keep the shine away all day. It's just not possible. This does a great job for 3-4 hours. Touch ups are required.

I paid $24 at MAC but was surprised to find no puff inside the mirrored compact. I have been applying with a kabuki brush and the results are great. MAC blot powder is better for brown skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great pressed power. It's transparent so it leaves no pigment, and it is also very light on the skin. I can't really say it was great value, because I feel it didn't last me as long as it should have for the price I paid. But still, I love it and would re-purchase. :)