April 24, 2014 | 1904 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate selling MAC's products for them but this product isawesome. I have the loose powder which is great but of course more messy. Anyway, as a loyal multiple re-purchaser of Blot powder I didn't think anything could be better. But this powder truly minimizes my pores which can be noticeable on my nose. I don't like any shine there and this powder just takes all the shine away and seems to airbrush the pores.

EDIT 11/3/12- This does leave a bit of a white cast and is not as versatile as medium dark blot powder. This is good for a super oily nose but not all over the face with a heavy hand.

NOTHING is going to keep the shine away all day. It's just not possible. This does a great job for 3-4 hours. Touch ups are required.

I paid $24 at MAC but was surprised to find no puff inside the mirrored compact. I have been applying with a kabuki brush and the results are great. MAC blot powder is better for brown skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great pressed power. It's transparent so it leaves no pigment, and it is also very light on the skin. I can't really say it was great value, because I feel it didn't last me as long as it should have for the price I paid. But still, I love it and would re-purchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff if HG to me! It's amazing! I was always a fan of the loose version of this, so when I heard a pressed one was coming out I was so happy!

In term of the difference this makes, I feel this is the only powder in this form that actually makes a difference to the way my skin looks! I like this better than the Make up Forever HD powder.

I use the MUFE HD Foundation and set it with this, Also after about 6 hours I can tend to look a little shiny with the MUFE Foundation so I keep this powder with me at all times and do a quick dusting after about 6 hours. Usually once a day and it's just the best!

Kett Cosmetics also do a pressed powder exactly like this, but the Mac one is way more accessible. I would use either one, they're both great!

LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by CandidReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The claims: "A silky, colourless finishing powder suitable for all skin tones. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of lines & imperfections. Wear over makeup or on its own. Now in a pressed compact for ease & portability."

I purchased this only because there's a limited range of products available where I live.

Color/Finish:
It works well enough - the translucency allows for it to be worn all year without having to purchase two shades of powder. It does not leave a white cast. It sets my foundation. I'm not sure how it wears, because I don't notice anything exceptional about it. There is absolutely no shimmer of glitter particles in this, which is great. It gives me a shine free finish without being matte, which looks very natural.

Packaging:
The packaging is nice, with a good sized mirror in the compact. The compact is glossy, and has iridescent glitters on the packaging (but not the product). It opens with the press of a button, which is great because it won't ruin painted nails.

Pressed/Loose?
I bought this in the pressed form for convenience, but I may look into purchasing the loose form next time to be able to pick up more product to set my under eyes.

Pros:
-Translucent, completely colorless. Matches me year-round
-Sleek, lightweight, attractive packaging
-Opening mechanism

Cons:
-This is nothing exceptional

Verdict:
I have already hit pan on this, and I like it well enough. Because this is nothing special, I will try to find a drugstore equivalent of a translucent powder (that doesn't have glitter, because that's the main problem). If I can't find a dupe, I'll repurchase this one.
If you're looking for just a standard colorless setting powder and can't find a less pricey one, you can try this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like it! It helps on my oily skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I rather like this. It does a great job of setting my makeup without looking too cakey. However, I've been using the Tone Correcting Powder from ELF and for the price, I'd rather use that than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Missa135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product, great packaging! Keeps my oilyness at bay and sets my concealer with little to no creasing. LOVE this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually prefer loose powders, but they are messy to carry in a cosmetic bag for on the go touch-ups. This is a decent powder for a quick dusting with a retractable brush to repair the late day t-zone slight oily. I like transparent as colored powders just tend to be too obvious and cakey. I would repurchase. MACs packaging generally doesnt wow me, but it is functional. Overall a decent powder I can carry in the cosmetic bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loose finishing translucent powder such as Makeup Forever HD powder and Elf HD powder can tend to get messy as it goes all over the place. I am glad Mac came up with a pressed version! It is great for touch up during the day when I get a bit shiny. It applies smoothy and sets my makeup looking flawless. it's not drying at all.

One of the CONS is that it does not come with a puff or application to apply with when you want to carry it in your purse or traveling. However, you can get ELF Powder PUFFS for 4 for a $1 and stick one in the compact to go! Hopefully, Mac will add a puff in it one day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

The first time I ordered this, it came to me shattered in its shipping box. I've never had that happen with any MAC product before, not even with the more fragile mineralized products, so I'm hoping this was a fluke, as I'll probably repurchase more than a few times in the future. I love this for a finishing powder. It doesn't change the color of my foundation, doesn't appear chalky on my darker skintone, and it helps keep oil at bay a little longer than without it. It's comparable to the Make Up For Ever HD loose powder, with the added convenience of being pressed. (No tapping into the lid, spilling loose powder on my vanity, and it's far more portable, so I can toss it in my purse for mid-day touch ups.) I have noticed that with only a couple weeks of use, I can see what looks like the rings on the bottom of some powder tins. If that's the case, it seems like there's not as much product as with other MAC powders, but I haven't actually compared the labels to confirm that. Could just be the nature of the powder, or maybe I'm using more per day than I realize since it doesn't add color. I like that the packaging is shiny with a little shimmer to it, so I can distinguish it from my other MAC powders. Definitely a great staple product for me.