April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Foundations - Avon - Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by bnmain

I tried the product from a sample and absolutely loved it. When I bought the product it was ok, but wasn't like the sample.. I am still using it because I don't like wasting money but I won't be buying it again. It just doesn't do much for me. I feel like I can find something better :]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by suanle23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say, for the price (I got it on sale for $8.99) it is right up there with some of the more expensive brands. No offensive smells, and the coverage is really beautiful. It doesn't feel heavy at all on my skin.

The only bad thing is the pump. It is very stiff and once you get a pump out, it splatters everywhere. I have learned to be very careful with this one.

Still, I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very surprised at this low rating. This foundation is practically perfect for the price, and I could compare it to several high end foundations that I own (each over $40). I heard people and other makeup artists talking about this for months before I ordered it, and $11 is cheaper than most drugstore foundations. I chose Light Beige from swatches and it's a good match for me. Major plus, it has a pump that locks and unlocks. The bottle and cap remind me of Chanel.
The product itself is so light weight, but it covers everything. In fact, it's far better than Chanel Perfection Lumiere! This works for all skin types. I have dry skin some days, and combination to oily other days. It looks amazing on my skin and gives a nice soft focus glow. I don't need powder with it, but if it's a very hot day then I'l use a makeup setting spray over it to keep it fresh looking. Don't believe all of the negativity, just ask for samples and try it yourself. When I read through reviews it seems that a lot of people got the wrong color match or didn't use a primer/setting powder. There are very expensive foundations that still need a primer if you have oily skin.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by YardBabyFeet

I first got this about a month ago. I use it almost everyday. I'm 28 years old and I don't have big pores nor do I really NEED the coverage, but I like my makeup to be FLAWLESS. The first time I applied the makeup I thought 'wow, this is really really thick and heavy... awesome!' not really that awesome :(

I perform in a local band and I need my makeup to look great ALL night, stay flawless, not melt off of my face, and be comfortable to wear without it being greasy or oily. It's been one month since I started using the foundation and the coverage is amazing. It's thick and heavy and it gives your skin a powdery flawless look which I LOVE. It does last all day long and doesn't ever feel like it's melting off of my face on stage. As it being 'greasy' or 'oily' Unfortunately, I have experienced both and this isn't greasy or oily.. it's more..... silky? It's got a silky smoothness about it. With that being said.. when performing, instead of the makeup dripping off of my face it forms beads of sweat which is easier to remove and looks prettier than rivers of makeup running down your face. For me, this is one of the best products foundation wise that I have used.. only ONE drawback that I have noticed.. I very very RARELY break out. Ever. I've had way more breakouts than usual with this product and that could be because it IS very heavy and it does fill in those pores. Give it a try and see how you like it...everyone's opinions are different.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by onecoldcanadian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh, is all I can really say about this foundation. I've seen people raving about this foundation on the boards a lot. So I was anxious to try it.

I got samples from an Avon rep because I HATE buying makeup (especially "new" makeup) without seeing it first. She gave me samples of Medium Beige, Cream Beige, and Natural Tan.

Gave each shade a proper run. (I wasn't in love with CS the first time I tried it and it ended up being one of my HG foundations for the longest time). So I was going to attempt to give Ideal Flawless a fair shake as well.

The moment I started to apply it, I was a bit excited because it seemed to glide on so easily and the coverage looked superb! I would say a little bit over medium coverage. The first shade I tried (Natural Tan) was a perfect match. I have been cursed with huge pores on my cheeks and when I first applied this, it covered them just as well as CS does.

I was really feeling this foundation after I had myself all put together, looked great when freshly applied. I was a bit scared about the tagline "luminous finish" from the Avon book, but it didn't seem that shimmery to me. Then I took pics.

Yikes! Even though I had set and powdered the poop outta my face to combat this "luminous" effect, I couldn't believe how much "shine" was still coming off my face. It looked like I had dusted myself in shimmering eyeshadow. The luminous finish just made me look like a greasy disco queen.

It just got worse. No matter what primer and what moisturizer I had underneath it. I was always a big oily mess after only two hours or so. AND, the foundation just seem to fade out after that. The first time I wore this it had faded completely by lunch. The next time I wore this I reapplied it 2 times during the work day. Kinda ridiculous. It faded, my face got slick, then it was like the foundation was trying to jump off my face. LOL. I was seeing transfers on pretty much anything my face touched (clothes, hands, glasses!).

I wouldn't recommend this anyone who has even the slightest bit of oily skin. What a mess.

Three lippies... and that's being generous.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by karenzeller8

So I purchased this and am quite happy with it. Here are my impressions:

Pros:

-Feels very light, blends smoothly, and has a very light pleasant fruity smell.
-Good coverage (medium to full), buildable
-Lasts at least 6 hours, especially if you set with powder
-Very affordable
-Packaging is nice (glass, rectangular bottle) which feels good in your hand and has some heft without being too heavy.
-Dispenser is tight and gives you the right amount.

Cons:

-Might have to go through an Avon Rep to get the right color for you, and that might be a hassle (they don't know what they are doing, they don't have any samples or require that you meet in person, etc. etc.)

I'm a C2 in Mac Face and Body, a C3 in Studio Fix, and wear Nude for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. For Ideal Flawless, I wear Nude and it works out well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very impressed with this foundation. It has a nice texture and didn't feel heavy on my skin, it blended nicely, and has a matte finish and my skin looked radiant. I had no shiny t zone, it didn't oxidize and didn't settle into lines, wrinkles or pores. The only problem I have with this foundation is the alcohol it has in it and that will keep me from repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by nicole1197

I love this foundation! It is full coverage, and it makes my skin look so fresh and perfect! All my friends have compliments me and asked about it. LOVE LOVE LOVE! But I HATE THE FREAKING PUMP. ITS AWFULLLL.....every morning for a week it would squirt all over my shirt and I ruined 4 shirts before emptying it into a different container.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took forever for this to arrieved. I was so excited to try it on. I'm a NC15-NC20, depending on the year, but I always prefer a light yellowed foundation. I order this in light beige, the second lightest to the Avon color spectrum. Its too dark by a few shades, it has a bunch of sparkles, so it didnt suit me. It has a medium coverage, a creamy thick texture but its too oily. At least it has a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is only just about to be launched in the UK so I tried a tester. I am Eurasian and have a real problem finding the right shade of foundation. For years I have stuck to BE mineral powder foundation and just tried the "Medium Wheat" on a whim. Over many years I have used Chanel etc etc and this is the best colour match I have every found!!!
I hate heavy lquid foundations but nope this has a lovely light consistency. It is definitely not a foundation to use if you want heavy coverage. I would also say that this is definitely not a foundation for oily complexions. You definitely need to set it with a decent transparent powder. For the price, light texture and perfect colour match its a winner for me.