Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

on 6/2/2014 12:41:00 AM

Oh Candy....loved this when I smelled it at Ulta. Seemed to last a long time and I agree with a previous reviewer that it's sweet (but more caramel-like than sugary), sensuous and has a touch of mystery. A very interesting, on-trend but grown-up scent--perfect for a night out. I held out for a couple of weeks thinking about this and then took the plunge. Still love the scent, but for some reason it doesn't seem to last on me, so am less enamored than I'd hoped.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a lovely sophisticated take on a sweet gourmand type fragrance. I absolutely love it, although it wasn't love at first sniff. I would smell it each time I walked into Ulta and would think, "Hmmm... I don't know... seems heavy" or "seems too strong"... but I was drawn like a moth to a flame. I received a sample size that I couldn't stop applying, so I knew I had to make the purchase. On me, the initial spray and dry down are about the same and it lasts 4 hours or so before I need to reapply.

Try it out if you are considering, it's so lovely. I took off one lippie only for the relatively short staying power. My husband absolutely adores this!

on 5/9/2014 4:11:00 PM

Candy really does smell like Candy. Not jolly ranchers, cotton candy, or or juicy gum Prada's Candy smells like caramel. Dark, rich, caramel. Imagine setting up a fondu pot and melting hundredes of peices of lucsious caramel to dip your goodies in. Imagine the smell of deep caramel filling the restaurant and your senses. Candy is not Pink Sugar in any way, shape or form. It is slightly masculine and could have made a good caramel scent for guys i think. Also, rememeber when Madonna released her CD called Hard Candy? Candy would have been a good scent for her to have had that could have been released in conjunction with the CD. It would have been perfect. It lasts a long time and gets deeper and smokier the longer it stays on your skin. I want Candy. Sweeter than Bon Bon too so Candy is in the lead.

on 4/28/2014 3:49:00 PM

I like this perfume a lot, which is surprising since I don't like sweet scents all that much. The "sweet" however, is very sensual and mature. It's perfect for fall or winter, with hints of caramel, vanilla and just the right amount of musk that it's not cloying to my senses. Delicious! The best part is, I got it at a steal from Perfumania with a 20% discount.

on 3/28/2014 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE it!

Unfortunately I'm a poor student, why I can't afford this beauty.
However, whenever I'm in the city...I go to the drug store..and I use it.

It's just too amazing, I'm sorry.

on 3/16/2014 2:10:00 PM

I smelt this perfume in the shop and fell in love with irt however when i got home and sprayed it on my skin it smelt awful. i think it is just my skin it is far too sweet on me and constantly gave me headaches so i ended up giving it to my mum who loves it. the bottle is stunning i just find it far too sweet and strong. however i do like the lighter version in the light pink box

on 3/15/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am totally obsessed by this fragrance. Like, completely obsessed. Whenever I wear it I look like a huge weirdo because I can't stop smelling my wrist. It basically smells like burnt caramel with a bit of muskiness that makes it so sexy. I have a sample, and I am trying to wait to buy it until the weather grows cooler but I don't know if I will be able to resist!!! If you like gourmand fragrances but don't like fruity/white sugar/simple sweetness and prefer a more complex sort of sweet then you should check this out.

on 3/9/2014 10:16:00 PM

I really like this scent. I dislike a lot of scents on my skin, even when I love the scent on others. Florals give me a headache quite often, I find patchouli disgusting on my skin, heavy musk gives me a headache as well, etc. I love the sweetness of this scent and love that it's not super sweet and edible like Hanae Mori and the like. Although I find scents like that do smell delicious, they don't make me feel sexy. Prada Candy is a grown up, sexy scent for those who love sweet scents, IMO. The benzoin mixed with the caramel is the best of both worlds-sweet and sexy. I just wish the lasting power was better. That is my only complaint.

on 3/7/2014 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So far I'm liking my sample of this, as I had tried it before in Sephora, and it didn't stand out to me then. It's kind of a warm heady sweet scent, not really a sugar cotton candy, but more like a warm vanilla. It is slightly reminiscent of Dior Addict to me, and I might consider purchasing it. Like others said, it is high priced so I'll be using my bath stuff up for now instead for daily use.

LOVE this scent!! It's one of those subjective things, but I honestly can not get enough of this one! Most of my perfumes are from Victoria's Secret. Lately I've been getting the itch to branch out. All my VS are pretty similar in smell, and just not unique or long lasting. I normally go for the body mists as opposed to perfume.

I picked this up at Ulta. I had read the notes online before coming in and honestly it didn't even make my list of scents to smell because it didn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I gravitate towards fruity and light when it comes to sprays and caramel and vanilla sounded so heavy and blah... When I initially sprayed it my thought was "Meh... nothing special" I walked around the store stopping to try different things and all the while I kept sniffing the tester stick I had sprayed Candy on over and over again. It kept smelling better and better the more it dried! The smell is sweet, intoxicating and almost indescribable. It's not overly heavy, but not subtle either. It smells delicious! It's more sophisticated and mature than any other scent I own, but it doesn't feel "old". Classy is the word I would use.

I've been wearing it every day and I would give it about 5 hours longevity wise, which I feel is acceptable. I only use 3 sprays though. It's addicting and my husband loves it on me! I would highly highly recommend giving this one a try if you're looking for a new perfume. It may just surprise you!!

Popular Fragrances