Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

on 3/16/2014 2:10:00 PM

I smelt this perfume in the shop and fell in love with irt however when i got home and sprayed it on my skin it smelt awful. i think it is just my skin it is far too sweet on me and constantly gave me headaches so i ended up giving it to my mum who loves it. the bottle is stunning i just find it far too sweet and strong. however i do like the lighter version in the light pink box

on 3/15/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am totally obsessed by this fragrance. Like, completely obsessed. Whenever I wear it I look like a huge weirdo because I can't stop smelling my wrist. It basically smells like burnt caramel with a bit of muskiness that makes it so sexy. I have a sample, and I am trying to wait to buy it until the weather grows cooler but I don't know if I will be able to resist!!! If you like gourmand fragrances but don't like fruity/white sugar/simple sweetness and prefer a more complex sort of sweet then you should check this out.

on 3/9/2014 10:16:00 PM

I really like this scent. I dislike a lot of scents on my skin, even when I love the scent on others. Florals give me a headache quite often, I find patchouli disgusting on my skin, heavy musk gives me a headache as well, etc. I love the sweetness of this scent and love that it's not super sweet and edible like Hanae Mori and the like. Although I find scents like that do smell delicious, they don't make me feel sexy. Prada Candy is a grown up, sexy scent for those who love sweet scents, IMO. The benzoin mixed with the caramel is the best of both worlds-sweet and sexy. I just wish the lasting power was better. That is my only complaint.

on 3/7/2014 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So far I'm liking my sample of this, as I had tried it before in Sephora, and it didn't stand out to me then. It's kind of a warm heady sweet scent, not really a sugar cotton candy, but more like a warm vanilla. It is slightly reminiscent of Dior Addict to me, and I might consider purchasing it. Like others said, it is high priced so I'll be using my bath stuff up for now instead for daily use.

LOVE this scent!! It's one of those subjective things, but I honestly can not get enough of this one! Most of my perfumes are from Victoria's Secret. Lately I've been getting the itch to branch out. All my VS are pretty similar in smell, and just not unique or long lasting. I normally go for the body mists as opposed to perfume.

I picked this up at Ulta. I had read the notes online before coming in and honestly it didn't even make my list of scents to smell because it didn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I gravitate towards fruity and light when it comes to sprays and caramel and vanilla sounded so heavy and blah... When I initially sprayed it my thought was "Meh... nothing special" I walked around the store stopping to try different things and all the while I kept sniffing the tester stick I had sprayed Candy on over and over again. It kept smelling better and better the more it dried! The smell is sweet, intoxicating and almost indescribable. It's not overly heavy, but not subtle either. It smells delicious! It's more sophisticated and mature than any other scent I own, but it doesn't feel "old". Classy is the word I would use.

I've been wearing it every day and I would give it about 5 hours longevity wise, which I feel is acceptable. I only use 3 sprays though. It's addicting and my husband loves it on me! I would highly highly recommend giving this one a try if you're looking for a new perfume. It may just surprise you!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this fragrance it was bought for my birthday by my work colleagues! I love sweet perfumes and this is sweet but not sickly like some! I would wear it everyday but it's my fave for special occasions.

on 2/23/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

On me it kindof smells like white linen (Estée Lauder?). Opens with a sickly sweet blast and then quickly settles into white linen. I WISH it didn't have any longevity!! I used a tester and tried washing it off 3 times and it's still there. Hoofa. No bueno for me.

on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This scent took me a few tries to enjoy. For my fellow lovers of gourmand scents, this is definitely worth testing. I do not find it to be akin to BS Fantasy, Hanae Mori, JS Fancy, or anything like that. Those scents all have distinct fruit notes and Candy does not. The benzoin is most prominent on me and I find that the scent sweetens over time but does not get cloying. My SO loves this scent. I understand that people find the "candy" concept and packaging a little juvenile, but teens don't flock to the department store to buy Prada fragrances FYI, so don't be offput in that regard. (Side note I wish users would stop making ageist remarks in their reviews...perfume is for anyone and everyone) This scent is comforting, cozy, and sensual. I have no issues with lasting power but of course, YMMV. I think the drydown of this fragrance is lovely, I love catching a whiff of toffee-musk goodness on my coat or scarf from the day before. This is a new staple in my collection.

on 2/12/2014 7:05:00 PM

Cant describe it as nothing less then Gorgeous. I fell in love with this Fragrance the moment I tried it on. Harmonious wearing it on a gorgeous day after a shower and my hair curled and pinned up. I feel so lovely wearing Prada Candy. Its a sensual warm vanilla with a few exotic fruits wrapped into a mellowing simmer down. I wish it would last longer but I enjoy the 3 or 4 hours of wear I get from it. My Man he fell in love with the scent immediately. I wear it for any occasion and it seems to be meant for any occasion. Its non irritating and I adore it. Yes it is on the expensive side but it is worth every cent. If your looking for a beautiful fragrance and you love warm vanillas, sweet fruits and beautiful blends. Give this one a try. It's a Winner.

on 2/9/2014 8:07:00 PM

I tried this on at the store today. On me it's not sweet like cotton candy at all. It doesn't even come close to the sickly sweet smell of cotton candy. Most of what I detect is vanilla. I love vanilla, but unfortunately this fragrance fades too fast. It's a very nice scent. I can see it pleasing all age groups if this is your type of perfume. But I will not spend my money on something that doesn't last. Too bad.

I just downgraded my review to 2 "stars" because after wearing this a while, it DOES tend to smell like Play-Doh! When I first put it on, it had the most wonderful vanilla scent. An hour or so later, the Play-Doh kicked in. I didn't notice that the first time I tried it, but that was a much lighter amount of spray. This time, I sprayed several times to see if it would last longer. Well, it lasted longer but I'm not thrilled with the outcome. Kinda strange.

(ROFLMAO at the "hamster bedding" description below. Sorry, I just had to comment on that). :-)

Popular Fragrances