October 25, 2014 | 1324 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Rewind 06 styling paste texturizing hair paste

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mtalla27

This was originally purchased after it was used on my hair at a salon. Even though it appears goopy the result is flexible, yet controlled hair. It will hold the shape well without weighing your hair down. My husband actually tried this one day when it was sitting on the bathroom sink and he's never returned to regular hair gel. Now he is the one buying it and uses it on a daily basis. Also he has a back up at all times in the linen closet. I always thought the stories women had about their husbands/boyfriends stealing their hair products were ridiculous, not anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by gingingingin20

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this with my short textured hair after being recommended by my stylist, and it worked very well in the summer months. Now that my hair is longer and a bit less textured, I'm finding that I don't reach for it any more. This isn't to say it's a bad product, just that I think it's more for short or textured cuts.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Swell_Squirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The gooey blue texture is a little off putting, but it works. I bought this last spring and wasn't too impressed, but lately I've been using it to maintain a bouncy flip hairstyle, and it works great. The curls stay consistent all day long. It is surprisingly non-greasy despite the gooey look. A little goes a long way so it $17.00 price isn't too bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by megabit15

I really wish this would work on me, but it is just too thick for my fine hair. I have to drag it through my hair so hard that it breaks. not so good. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by paigie42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is a short shag - think Lisa Rinna. I use this product to define all my layers and create style. The hold is flexible which I like. You can move pieces around until you get them where you like to finish with a hairspray. This works on many different lengths of hair too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'ved used this on and off for years. I have fine hair and a ton of it that's shoulder length and use this to give it that piece-y look. I usually wet my hands first and then mix a very small amount with the water on my hands, I find it's easier to work with. I like the smell (and I am not a scent person). I just wish they would sell it in a smaller container. For me, it's a 3 year supply. It's one of the few styling products that does not contain petroleum or mineral oil (it does, however, have a little silicone - which I despise, but it doesn't make my hair crunchy or dry it out with prolonged use.) I like this product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Maggie79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuck. This looked, smelled and felt like I was putting laundry detergent in my hair! Didn't do much for my hair - I have a LOT of hair, that's somewhat fine in texture in a pixie-ish cut- except make it look greasy and heavy. On the plus side, you do get a lot of product for the price, but that holds little allure for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Got this free with purchase. It is definitely not as heavy as some products I have used. I have fine hair so a lot of stuff weighs my hair right down. Like the fact that this is reworkable so you can apply once in the morning and hours later it is still pliable enuf to restyle hair without reapplying more product. But the hold is not as good as other putties I have used, hence only 3 stars. EDIT: Now that I have a pixie cut, this stuff rocks to add definition and style. It is also not matte like my KMS Hair Play so adds some shine. But I certainly would not use this on longish hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jenjoseph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at some of the reviews I'm reading for this - I too have razored hair (that is very course and thick) and this is my HG paste/wax/putty. It is sticky (but in a good way!) and is almost like moldable hairspray. After drying my hair, I put a small amount in my hand, rub my palms together, and scrunch my hair all over. I love this stuff! Other products I've used were too soft, wet, or thick - this is perfect.

If you're on the fence, small trial jars can be bought at Ulta, for about $3.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by heatherkorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at the salon after the hairstylist used this on my hair and I like the way it looked. My hair is just above my shoulders and layered, so I like to use this to make my hair more volumous and textured. The bottle is 5 oz. and since you only use a little at a time it lasts for quite a while.