September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Hair - Shea Moisture - Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by LaTonyaCrudup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is always a repurchase for me! I'm a newly natural girl, with small, tight curls. And one day, I was in my neighborhood Sally's, I came across this product, decided to try it, and loved it! Smell isn't overpowering, unless you use a lot of it. Makes my hair easy to comb through. I find it works best for me when I put it on wet/damp hair. Product stays all day, the smell doesn't irritate my scalp. I love it, and I can't wait to try more products from Shea Moisture :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently got a haircut that is a tragedy. As such, I've been trying different hair products to try and turn it into something manageable. A co-worker began using this a while back and the results have been amazing on her hair so I figured I'd I've it a try as well. This doesn't really do much to enhance my curl, which is fine with me, and it certainly smells lovely. As far as hair products go, I found it very average on my hair. It weighed it down a little but not significantly, it moisturized but not quite enough, it softened but - again - not enough for my tastes. My co-worker will now have two jars :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Teonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, it took me a while to figure out how to use this product on my hair....in the end I found that I works best as a leave-in AND a styler...for me anyways. I used to use it under a gel but now I use a moisturizer and then put it on top. It also took a while to find how much to put in my hair. Now I know it works if I use about a quarter size on each of 4 sections. Now I'm in love with this product! If I could just be a few dollars cheaper, I'd be perfect! (:

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Jlab25

I have a love/HATE relationship with this product. I'm a natural, kinky curly natural to be exact and with most naturals its a struggle to find a good product that adds moisture to the hair while maintaining the true essence of your curls. I gave this product a try and I loved the definition this product gave my twist outs. The product also added moisture to my hair and that's about it. I HATE this product because of the residue, it leaves your hair feeling waxy and worst of all you can see the product on your hair, one can easily assume it is dandruff because that's what it looks like. With this product, after a couple of days my hair feels soggy and icky, this is I repeat...this is not a buildable product. Even after one application I always get a heavy product look. Eventually, I started using this product as a prepoo treatment prior to shampooing my hair. I really tried to like this product...I have purchased it twice but never again. On my mission to get moisture, bouncy, clean curls, I am now using cantu shea butter which is doing me wonders...adds moisture without all the gunk! Ladies take it from me...save your money and look else where, cause this ain't it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ETA: this product is now my least loved Shea Moisture product. Although it does define my curls, I have discovered that it leaves my hair extremely dry, which is a deal breaker for me. I continue to love the other products, however.
I love the Shea Moisture line and have only come to know this particular product recently. I've previously been a Shea Moisture skincare product junkie. I have naturally curly type III/IV hair and my biggest complaints are dryness and frizz. I cannot believe how great this product makes my hair look! I have noticed that the products in this entire line have become harder to find lately, and I fear that maybe the company is going out of business. I have visited the company's website and it is stagnant and has been for a while. I sent them an email asking if they were going out of business and never received a response from them. :( I'm really hoping that they stick around, they've got some of the best hair and skincare products I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This whole product line gets a ton of love from me and this is the first product I tried that started it all! I decided to purchase this after I ran out of my L'oreal out of bed and wanted to try something that had richer ingredients. I was looking for a curl defining/texturing cream that would be nourishing & moisturizing to the hair as well as define my waves. I saw this at CVS and decided to give it a try. It was also a good value- you get a huge 12 ounces of very thick cream for $10 as opposed to 4 ounces for the out of bed that runs about $4-$6. It smells absolutely wonderful too! A warm and natural fruity-floral smell. I used it on my dry hair and soon as I got home and it immediately made my waves more defined and less frizzy. I now use it as part of my cocktail of products that I use on wet hair. Plus as a refresher/enhancer on my hair after it has dried. On wet hair, (after my leave-in and some mousse or gel) I apply this from ear level down (I keep it away from my crown and bangs because I prefer to have that area lay smoother) and scrunch and scrunch until my waves are very defined. Hair air dries with soft, smooth, and defined waves. In the morning, I scrunch in a little more into my dried waves to redefine them (plus add a most wonderful scent). Love this stuff and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Laserdiscoooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little apprehensive about buying this product, after thorough research i finally bought it. I am so glad I did, its amazing! it puts some if not all the expensive salon products to shame. The smell is a little overwhelming but I can deal, the texture is really thick somewhat like a body butter , so a little goes a long way.

I have mixed textured hair , from very curly to soft waves and this controls my curls and moisturizes so well. After 4 days my hair is still soft and little to no frizz .

I can't wait to try out all of Shea moisture products I am very pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolute hg! I have 2C-3Aish hair, depending on the weather, medium to fine texture, and normal porosity. What I usually do is rub a small dollop (about the size of a dollar coin) into soaking wet hair, scrunch lightly, then toss my hair into a towel turban for a couple minutes before letting it air dry. This gives me the most gorgeous, shiny, delicately defined curls EVER.

Since going CG, I'd never figured out a way to prevent my hair from going from soft curls to that Hermione-esque poofy wave thing. This is more of a moisturizing leave-in than it is a styling product, but whatever magic goes into it styles my hair perfectly. Right now, this is the only styling and leave-in product I use, and my hair is looking healthier by the day. I've never had any problem with build-up (I co-wash with Suave mostly, sometimes I'll use a sulfate-free shampoo instead), but there's nothing in this that wouldn't wash out with a quick vinegar rinse or even a good scrub with a lowpoo-type product.

Actually, the only thing I don't like (besides the price--yes, the tub is HUGE and will last a very long time, but it's still a lot for me to drop at once) is the smell, oddly enough. For me it's so sickly saccharine I have to wash my hands as soon as I finish scrunching to prevent gagging. But this is an absolute 5-lippie product, I'd love it even if it smelled ten times stronger

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by EyesandMind

Very Impressed with this Product..I thought it would be thick and feel sticky in my hair, which made me hesitant to purchase this for quite a while..Finally after trying Eco Styler Gel & Let's Jam Custard Cream Gel which worked well the first day but eventually made my hair feel hard, crunchy, even sticky after just two days..I finally decided to take a chance and try SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie..& so far I REALLY like it...Has wonderful nourishing ingredients, no sticky feel, kept my hair moistured ALL day, no frizz, nice shine, good curl definition, and the smell is to die for..Smells like fresh coconut oil...Anyhoo, I definitely recommend this to my curlies, who are looking for a good curl defining product, that is not as thick and sticky like most on the market..that will leave your hair soft & moisture ALL day long, smelling delicious, and you can't beat the Nourishing ingredients! :)....SN: I always use a Leave-in Conditioner underneath, before I apply this...hope that helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makes me break out SO bad.