July 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Hair - Shea Moisture - Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ETA: this product is now my least loved Shea Moisture product. Although it does define my curls, I have discovered that it leaves my hair extremely dry, which is a deal breaker for me. I continue to love the other products, however.
I love the Shea Moisture line and have only come to know this particular product recently. I've previously been a Shea Moisture skincare product junkie. I have naturally curly type III/IV hair and my biggest complaints are dryness and frizz. I cannot believe how great this product makes my hair look! I have noticed that the products in this entire line have become harder to find lately, and I fear that maybe the company is going out of business. I have visited the company's website and it is stagnant and has been for a while. I sent them an email asking if they were going out of business and never received a response from them. :( I'm really hoping that they stick around, they've got some of the best hair and skincare products I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This whole product line gets a ton of love from me and this is the first product I tried that started it all! I decided to purchase this after I ran out of my L'oreal out of bed and wanted to try something that had richer ingredients. I was looking for a curl defining/texturing cream that would be nourishing & moisturizing to the hair as well as define my waves. I saw this at CVS and decided to give it a try. It was also a good value- you get a huge 12 ounces of very thick cream for $10 as opposed to 4 ounces for the out of bed that runs about $4-$6. It smells absolutely wonderful too! A warm and natural fruity-floral smell. I used it on my dry hair and soon as I got home and it immediately made my waves more defined and less frizzy. I now use it as part of my cocktail of products that I use on wet hair. Plus as a refresher/enhancer on my hair after it has dried. On wet hair, (after my leave-in and some mousse or gel) I apply this from ear level down (I keep it away from my crown and bangs because I prefer to have that area lay smoother) and scrunch and scrunch until my waves are very defined. Hair air dries with soft, smooth, and defined waves. In the morning, I scrunch in a little more into my dried waves to redefine them (plus add a most wonderful scent). Love this stuff and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Laserdiscoooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little apprehensive about buying this product, after thorough research i finally bought it. I am so glad I did, its amazing! it puts some if not all the expensive salon products to shame. The smell is a little overwhelming but I can deal, the texture is really thick somewhat like a body butter , so a little goes a long way.

I have mixed textured hair , from very curly to soft waves and this controls my curls and moisturizes so well. After 4 days my hair is still soft and little to no frizz .

I can't wait to try out all of Shea moisture products I am very pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolute hg! I have 2C-3Aish hair, depending on the weather, medium to fine texture, and normal porosity. What I usually do is rub a small dollop (about the size of a dollar coin) into soaking wet hair, scrunch lightly, then toss my hair into a towel turban for a couple minutes before letting it air dry. This gives me the most gorgeous, shiny, delicately defined curls EVER.

Since going CG, I'd never figured out a way to prevent my hair from going from soft curls to that Hermione-esque poofy wave thing. This is more of a moisturizing leave-in than it is a styling product, but whatever magic goes into it styles my hair perfectly. Right now, this is the only styling and leave-in product I use, and my hair is looking healthier by the day. I've never had any problem with build-up (I co-wash with Suave mostly, sometimes I'll use a sulfate-free shampoo instead), but there's nothing in this that wouldn't wash out with a quick vinegar rinse or even a good scrub with a lowpoo-type product.

Actually, the only thing I don't like (besides the price--yes, the tub is HUGE and will last a very long time, but it's still a lot for me to drop at once) is the smell, oddly enough. For me it's so sickly saccharine I have to wash my hands as soon as I finish scrunching to prevent gagging. But this is an absolute 5-lippie product, I'd love it even if it smelled ten times stronger

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by EyesandMind

Very Impressed with this Product..I thought it would be thick and feel sticky in my hair, which made me hesitant to purchase this for quite a while..Finally after trying Eco Styler Gel & Let's Jam Custard Cream Gel which worked well the first day but eventually made my hair feel hard, crunchy, even sticky after just two days..I finally decided to take a chance and try SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie..& so far I REALLY like it...Has wonderful nourishing ingredients, no sticky feel, kept my hair moistured ALL day, no frizz, nice shine, good curl definition, and the smell is to die for..Smells like fresh coconut oil...Anyhoo, I definitely recommend this to my curlies, who are looking for a good curl defining product, that is not as thick and sticky like most on the market..that will leave your hair soft & moisture ALL day long, smelling delicious, and you can't beat the Nourishing ingredients! :)....SN: I always use a Leave-in Conditioner underneath, before I apply this...hope that helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makes me break out SO bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying, I have 3C/4B hair type. I am on my second jar rotating other creams making this a long kept gem. This is the greatest. I found out today this is the one that I will use daily. When I skip this product in my regemine my curls never look defined, smoothed, bouncy, and shiny. This what I do on wash day. I use the Shea moisture Retention Shampoo, once my hair shaft is lifted I deep condition with Bee Mine under my steamer for 1 hour, I them rinse in cold water, mix Roux prosity control in with Tresmemme naturals to close my cutilces. I apply Shea Moisture Conditioner to my hair while its damp, seal with Vatika Oil, and seal with Shea moisture Curl Ehancer Smoothie. These three are the best combos on my hair, makes my twist out so beautiful and my hair stays mosit for about three to four days, with no frizz. If I don't use curl enhancer smoothie my hair would be more dry then moisturized. I love the packaging because I can scoop out what I need, and when I get to the bottom of the jar I get ever bit out and into my hair. The price is reasonable since it is organic and lives up to its product description and gives my hair more than what I expected. I love this product and I'm glad its not overly priced... I can't wait till my next purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by misscam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for my biracial daughter. It has worked really well for her hair for a couple of years now, adds moisture without being greasy. We also love the shampoo.

The reason why I'm writing this review is because I've recently used it on my hair and LOVED it. Hg!!! I'm latina with very long, curly/wavy hair. My hair is much thinner, much less curly than my daughter's so I always thought that this product would be too greasy for me (my roots tend to get quite oily) but I decided to try it anyway. I rubbed it on my ends after washing my hair at night, went to sleep, woke up the next morning with hair that was 75% dry and decided to blow dry it straight. My ends are AMAZING looking. I needed a trim really bad, ends were fried and now they feel soft and smooth. The trick is to apply only a little!! Focus on the ends and then you can use the excess on your hands to get the top of your head ever so slightly (never on the roots though). Hair looks soooo beautiful and smooth, it took me a lot less time to blow dry it too.

If you already have healthy hair this might be too much, but if your ends are dry and in need of some TLC, your hair will eat this product right up, your hair won't feel oily at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

This curl enhancing smoothie is great! It allows my natural curls to air dry without the frizz or lose of curl pattern. I love the smell a well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

I recently did "the big chop" and now have a short crop hairstyle. My curl pattern is Type 3c (curly corkscrews coils). What I like about this smoothie cream moisturizer is that it's effective on curl definition for my hair. Regardless of if my hair is damp or really dry, I just put some of this cream on and the curls begin to form immediately and lasts all day long. I love the smell too and it's never left any residue in my hair. The only drawback is that this cream can leave my hair "hard" if I use too much. This smoothie cream is perfect for moisturizing my hair at night before wearing my satin bonnet and during the day. I give it a B+ grade for sure.