April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Hair - Shea Moisture - Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by EyesandMind

Very Impressed with this Product..I thought it would be thick and feel sticky in my hair, which made me hesitant to purchase this for quite a while..Finally after trying Eco Styler Gel & Let's Jam Custard Cream Gel which worked well the first day but eventually made my hair feel hard, crunchy, even sticky after just two days..I finally decided to take a chance and try SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie..& so far I REALLY like it...Has wonderful nourishing ingredients, no sticky feel, kept my hair moistured ALL day, no frizz, nice shine, good curl definition, and the smell is to die for..Smells like fresh coconut oil...Anyhoo, I definitely recommend this to my curlies, who are looking for a good curl defining product, that is not as thick and sticky like most on the market..that will leave your hair soft & moisture ALL day long, smelling delicious, and you can't beat the Nourishing ingredients! :)....SN: I always use a Leave-in Conditioner underneath, before I apply this...hope that helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by detritus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makes me break out SO bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying, I have 3C/4B hair type. I am on my second jar rotating other creams making this a long kept gem. This is the greatest. I found out today this is the one that I will use daily. When I skip this product in my regemine my curls never look defined, smoothed, bouncy, and shiny. This what I do on wash day. I use the Shea moisture Retention Shampoo, once my hair shaft is lifted I deep condition with Bee Mine under my steamer for 1 hour, I them rinse in cold water, mix Roux prosity control in with Tresmemme naturals to close my cutilces. I apply Shea Moisture Conditioner to my hair while its damp, seal with Vatika Oil, and seal with Shea moisture Curl Ehancer Smoothie. These three are the best combos on my hair, makes my twist out so beautiful and my hair stays mosit for about three to four days, with no frizz. If I don't use curl enhancer smoothie my hair would be more dry then moisturized. I love the packaging because I can scoop out what I need, and when I get to the bottom of the jar I get ever bit out and into my hair. The price is reasonable since it is organic and lives up to its product description and gives my hair more than what I expected. I love this product and I'm glad its not overly priced... I can't wait till my next purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by misscam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for my biracial daughter. It has worked really well for her hair for a couple of years now, adds moisture without being greasy. We also love the shampoo.

The reason why I'm writing this review is because I've recently used it on my hair and LOVED it. Hg!!! I'm latina with very long, curly/wavy hair. My hair is much thinner, much less curly than my daughter's so I always thought that this product would be too greasy for me (my roots tend to get quite oily) but I decided to try it anyway. I rubbed it on my ends after washing my hair at night, went to sleep, woke up the next morning with hair that was 75% dry and decided to blow dry it straight. My ends are AMAZING looking. I needed a trim really bad, ends were fried and now they feel soft and smooth. The trick is to apply only a little!! Focus on the ends and then you can use the excess on your hands to get the top of your head ever so slightly (never on the roots though). Hair looks soooo beautiful and smooth, it took me a lot less time to blow dry it too.

If you already have healthy hair this might be too much, but if your ends are dry and in need of some TLC, your hair will eat this product right up, your hair won't feel oily at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

This curl enhancing smoothie is great! It allows my natural curls to air dry without the frizz or lose of curl pattern. I love the smell a well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

I recently did "the big chop" and now have a short crop hairstyle. My curl pattern is Type 3c (curly corkscrews coils). What I like about this smoothie cream moisturizer is that it's effective on curl definition for my hair. Regardless of if my hair is damp or really dry, I just put some of this cream on and the curls begin to form immediately and lasts all day long. I love the smell too and it's never left any residue in my hair. The only drawback is that this cream can leave my hair "hard" if I use too much. This smoothie cream is perfect for moisturizing my hair at night before wearing my satin bonnet and during the day. I give it a B+ grade for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Tiphani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a easy to find natural hair product that is reasonably priced. I have very dry hair and it is moisturizing for wash and go's (naturally curly sttyles) I also use the gel on top of it.... If I use it for a set I use it with a leave in conditioner a cream and an oll to seal moisture I love it and will buy it again. I do suggest for very dry hair that you use a leave in conditioner and seal the hair with an oil after use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim at Walgreens. I have very unruly, hard to manage hair and simply hadn't tried this brand yet. I love this product and will buy until they stop making it. It smells like mango-coconut rather strongly. I am very happy the smells fades quickly and leaves a faint smell behind on my hair.
This is a bit tricky to apply. I apply to damp hair and take a small amount (a dab, maybe a dime size) and rub between my hands.The product turns creamy and white. I then apply slowly in sections, trying to cover all my curls. I then scrunch and air dry.
My curls are defined and my hair is soft and shiny. I can even sleep and wake up and my curls still look good. Second day hair with curls can be very hair to make look good.
I have been using this for about a month and have not noticed a build up with this product. I only shampoo once every two weeks and co-wash daily or every other day. I do not use a clarifying shampoo, just a moisturizing one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am on my third jar. Smells great, makes my hair feel great...sometimes i find it feels TOO soft. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the curl enhancing smoothie

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this on a whim at Target one day (passing through the makeup and hair care aisles is, admittedly, a weakness of mine, even if I only went there for juice). I got it on sale for around $7.00 I believe.

First off, a little overview of my hair: I have fine hairs, but a lot of them. Classification-wise, I'd say it's mostly a mix of 2C/3A. Length, about down to my lower back. My hair is NOT African-American hair.

I do really love this product, and it will last me a long time. I don't mind the tub design that much. After I get out of the shower, I dip my finger into the smoothie and take that little dollop and rub it between my hands, then rake it through my hair and scrunch, then air-dry.

It provides mild hold. No crunch as it's drying. If you have hard to control hair, I'm not sure if this would work well for you without the aid of another product.

Also, I love the smell, it's very coconut-y, and since I use Aussie shampoo/conditioner, the scents blend well together, lol. It is a strong smell, though, which I knw some people aren't fond of, and it does linger.

You need to apply this when your hair is fully damp though, because if you apply it to parts that are already getting dry, it'll feel a bit stringy, no me gusta.

Overall, I'll definitely repurchase this when I use up the tub I have (which will be a while). Very happy I picked this up.