New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

Price: $

on 10/26/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this as a replacement for my HG everyday lengthening mascara (Wet n Wild), and was pleasantly surprised. Holds a curl well, dries quick but not too quick, and overall looks great. If you're looking for an inexpensive mascara to say, keep in your purse or gym bag as an extra, this would be a great choice.

on 10/13/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I admit I bought this because there were some good reviews and it is so cheap. It really is barely effective and not worth buying for any reason. I can say that also about City Curls and the other NYC mascaras which I tried. I never reach for them anymore after giving them a chance for several days and realizing they do nothing. I reach for mascaras that coat and colour the lashes. This brand just doesn't do that. OK - to be fair, if this was the only brand of mascara in the world, then yes, I'd use it and buy it again. Or maybe I'd just make my own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

It's an okay mascara, but nothing I would repurchase. It gives me some length, but not much. My eyelashes start to droop after 5 minutes of wearing it. On the plus side, it is very dark and black. Meh, not impressed.

on 9/25/2013 5:25:00 AM

This is a surprisingly good little mascara. I bought this to pair up w/ a volumizing mascara to create a dramatic lash look. I liked the thin little brush and thought, if nothing else it would make a good bottom lash mascara. First of all, it's a drier formula, so it holds a curl very well. And even though it is dry, it's very comfortable to wear; it doesn't leave you with plastic-y, stiff lashes. I hate that feeling, but sometimes tolerate it if it gives a great look. But stiff lashes can be a bit painful sometimes, for me, anyway. Also, it adds decent (not incredible) length. By itself, it is good for an everyday mascara. Paired with a volumizing mascara, it gives just that bit of added length that my lashes need for a dramatic, false lash effect,

on 9/20/2013 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In all honesty, this is my favorite daily use mascara. It always amazes me that this is so inexpensive! It gives great length, holds a curl all day and stays wet just long enough to apply a few coats yet dries quickly enough not to smudge. For me, this lasts all day and doesn't flake or smudge under my eyes. The brush is thin enough to get the lower lashes too. I like different mascaras for different looks but if I could only use one for the rest of my life, then this would be the one.

Edit 1/14/2014-
Ok, I don't know if the formula changed or I have gottena a couple of bad batches but this is just no longer working like it used to. I have found a new fave (see my reviews! lol) and even when this was the best for me, it didn't look like my new fave. Have had to knock off a few lippies on this one....such a bummer!

on 9/12/2013 7:27:00 PM

I bought this in an emergency-was out of state for a wedding, left mascara at home (in gym bag, of course). I wanted something cheap that would do the job, got it for $1.89 in the CVS next to my motel. What can I say-now my new favorite. I got this in June-still no clumps, looks great on top and bottom lashes, doesn't smudge.

on 7/14/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this alot. It makes my eyelashes very long and holds a curl. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge or flake. For the price, it's an excellent deal. I would definitely recommend this.

on 6/14/2013 1:12:00 PM

This is a great mascara for giving your lashes length. Do not expect a lot of volume from this mascara. I suggest pairing this with a mascara that gives volume to your lashes. It makes my eyes look more awake. A great budget friendly mascara.

on 5/7/2013 4:37:00 PM

For the price, this is really good mascara. Only 3 dollars and it lengthens and last for a long time. It does clump some, but if you use an eyelash brush after you apply mascara it shouldn't be a problem. I love the thin brush so I've been using this on my bottom lashes on occasion when I don't feel like dealing with a big brush. The brush is skinny and long so it's really good for bottom lashes.

on 4/7/2013 9:43:00 AM

I purchased this to use on my bottom lashes cause I liked the thin brush and cheap price. For my top lashes I've been using cover girl lash blast. The sky high gives my bottom lashes a nice clean coat and enough colour to make them stand out. Plus no mess from using a larger brush. I haven't tried this on my top lashes because I don't have a need for lengthening up there and the product is on the dry side so id worry to much about flaking. Though after reading such great reviews that it actually delivers volume as well I just might! Hey if I can find an amazing mascara that works great for $3 why not right. But I definitely recommend this for the bottom lashes. :) xo