October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion d'Ombre

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I'm only saying I'd buy it again because I love the color so much (I have the purple-ish one).

I expected some great staying power from it, but not so much. I have fallen in love with the Too Faced eyeshadow primer, and have been testing all my eyeshadow's out with it. This one falls short of some drug store brands as far as staying power and lack of creasing go.

But damn I love the color and the look when it first goes on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by dottypalm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pallette so many different looks with this one. I had never tried a Chanel eye shadow before, I am truly glad I did this one will last forever with so many different shades, great staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lunohodik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My biggest joy and my biggest disappointment! Its a great eye shadow I got to admit, loved it, texture, colours, blenability, everything was great. However it dried out, just over 5 months! I keep all my cream products in an airtight container, all the paint pots are fine, when Illusion d'ombres which I have two - Illusoire 83 and emerveille 82. both of them dried out more then 50%!!! horrible, really disappointed, will never buy again, and I feel sad because I loved them so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre cream eyeshadow in 2 shades, in no 83 Illusoire and in no 84 Epatant. Illusoire is a purplish-lilacy color and Epatant is a greenish-greyish, all colors are sheer and luminous. I will probably buy no 82 Emerveillé as well which is a natural golden-peachy shade.

These eyeshadows come in a little glass jar with black top and the Chanel logo on them and a little angled cream eyeshadow brush is provided in every product. I do recommend everyone to apply this eyeshadow with fingertips on the entire eyelid and and only then use the brush for more definition on the socket line. The texture of this eyeshadow is something between a cream and a mousse, it is so easy to blend and you have a relatively long playtime for applying it because it does not dry very fast. Using one single of these eyeshadows can make you look like wearing more colors at the same time. If you are not very very great at applying eyeshadow, I think you should go for this eyeshadow or for any other cream eyeshadows for that matter.

This makeup will last all day, I have worn it for over 12 hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in several colors but this review is for Fantasme as it isnt listed separately here on MUA. At first I was hesitant about purchasing this as many said it was very sheer and not worth the price but honestly I find myself reaching for it more than the others because it is a sparkly shimmery white that you can use for almost any eye look on the inner part of your eye- I use it almost daily and then just use any other color in the outer V of my eye!
Love it. I have extremely oily skin and most eyeshadows crease on me even with a primer but this doesnt. I apply primer, wait a few seconds, and then take some of this out of the pot with the included brush onto my finger and apply it with my finger. I get the best coverage that way and can see where it goes better and I like to feel the mousse-y texture of it. The only reason I would take lippies off is if this dries out too quickly, but I havent had it long enough to tell that yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Patc342

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It took a while to figure out how to best use this product. I have 81 Fantasme. I wanted something subtle for day but that added a little sparkle behind my glasses. I also wanted it because of the Spring Summer 2012 show. The models looked amazing. Anyway when I first used it, it slide down my face through out the day leaving sparkles under my eye. I was applying it on top of my concealer but I found out stays on if I set the concealer with powder before applying the eyeshadow. I use the brush that comes with it to dab it across my lide but I use my finger to blend it out. If I was going for a more dramatic look I'd use a brush. I love the weight of the glass. I've dropped it about 5 times though. It's a perfect circle and can slippery if your hands aren't totally dry.
I want Mirifique also but alas the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by cbhanna21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow. It comes with a brush that applies the shadow on really nicely. Under the light, it looks sooo sparkly, makes me want to examine my eyes all the time in the mirror lol. The salesperson told me there's no need for a primer because the shadow is a primer itself but I still use my urban decay primer with this, and it lasts SO long. from 8AM in the morning to 11PM at night, it's like as if my day of running around didn't really happen. This really is a great product to invest in. On one day when I wore just this eyeshadow with my usual eyeliner and mascara, I received about 4 compliments.

I am Asian with olive/golden skin tone and dark brown eyes. I did my friend's make up who is Caucasion with much lighter skin and she still looked so good in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in #83 Illusiore, a beautiful eggplant color that brings out my green eyes. I do love the formula- it's velvety and surprisingly applies best with my finger because it warms it up. I actually haven't used the brush, but it's probably perfect to use it as a liner. To be quite honest, I don't wear this often because I fear it's too dramatic as a daytime look for me. I do love to wear it on date night with Orgasm blush and nude lips and tons of mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchase this in Ebloui, and I really wanted to love this product. After experimenting with it and wearing it a several times I have to say unfortunately it just doesn't live up to it's hype. On it's own, there is nothing long-wearing about it. If I wear this without an eyeshadow base the color will fade and crease in a matter of only a couple hours. Love the color and concept, but for $38, I expected a Chanel product (especially only specifically labeled long wearing) to perform better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this is Mirifique (the black one with rainbow and silver sparkles), and I really wanted to love it. I mean..it's Chanel. So fancy! How could it be anything less than excellent, especially for $37, right? Wrong.
It goes on very, very dark - you only need the lightest touch of the stuff on your brush/fingers to get crazy pigment payoff on your lids, and the sparkle when you first put it on is really dazzling and so, so gorgeous.
Until two hours later when you look in the mirror and ALL of the pigment has migrated into your crease or otherwise disappeared, the rainbow sparkles are gone and you're left with a slight greyish smudge and a ton of silver sparkles.
And this was on well-primed lids, for the record.
From the reviews I can tell that this stuff works for a lot of people, which is great, but I felt compelled to add my two cents - it did not work for me AT ALL. On my lids it looked great for a few minutes, and then melted away to nothingness. So much for the infallibility of Chanel. It's going back to the store ASAP, and my search for a truly long-lasting cream eyeshadow continues.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No