July 25, 2014 | 1835 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

doesn't look that great when you apply multiple coats. looks clumpy like tarantula eyes if you put on two coats. but i wear it, it's not terrible. really "fills in" the gaps if you have thin lashes, like i do. probably will not repurchase though. it was worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of Maybelline's entire Falsies line, but Flared in Waterproof is my favorite mascara. I almost never branch out, and if I do, I know I've got this one to fall back on for guaranteed results. It doesn't dry out in the tube like some other members of the Falsies family are prone to, it applies wonderfully, and the results are immediately visible. I like my makeup to always be dramatic - I don't believe in demure! - and with a few coats of this mascara I can get my eyelashes to POP. I've been buying this specific type of mascara for ages now, and I see no reason to change my ways now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

This mascara didn't really do much for me. It clumped and made my top lashes fall. Maybelline makes better mascara like The Rocket.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you have short lashes, don't bother with this. I found it super dry and clumpy and it really just did nothing. It is also hard to get on the lashes and doesn't blend well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by K1w1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great and it really works at making your lashes long and thick. It holds the curl really well and doesn't really smudge under my eyes (which i always struggle to find in a mascara)...but it's SOOOO hard to take off.

I'll probably buy it again to wear on nights out, but otherwise it's such a pain to take off every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JesterGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started off with this waterproof version of Falsies Flared, and ended up switching to the non-waterproof kind. Don't get me wrong, if you want mascara that STAYS then this is it! But I mean it's like impossible to get off haha. I have to go through 2 or 3 sessions of wiping with makeup remover to get this stuff off. Even after that, it's still not completely gone. It's great if you're busy and don't have time to re-apply makeup throughout the day, But when you go to sleep and want to clean your face off, it may be a bit of a struggle to make sure it's completely removed. Overall I am happy with it, Falsies Flared and regular Falsies are my favorite mascaras at the moment. Not so much the Falsies black drama, which is just not as good as the other two.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by unicr0nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara I ever bought and I've run through plenty of tubes since! Of course I've tried other mascaras but this one is still definitely my favorite because it holds a curl beautifully (even after removal my lashes are still curled) despite having a rather wet formula. It really doesn't budge after it's dried, which is a necessity for me as a contact lens wearer.
This mascara defines, lengthens and thickens my lashes so well that I really have nothing more to ask from it! My lashes get separated perfectly because of the brush and my lashes are super noticeable and look great so I guess it's a false lash effect for me since they're pretty much invisible naturally, haha. Its drying time isn't too quick, so that if you get any on your eye, it can be removed with water and a q-tip shortly after application without any hassle.
I've noticed an issue with removal from other users of this mascara. I use the Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover and it gets it off in just a few gentle swipes without angst or tugging, so I'd recommend that if you like this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alising3248

I actually really, really like this mascara.

It's definitely quite wet when you first open it, and it dries out considerably within a couple of weeks, but that never really affects the quality of the mascara, in my opinion.

It's a very rich black and I like the brush--not too big, but it is kind of a pain to do my lower lashes with it. It adds decent length and fantastic volume; I wish it were more lengthening, but I can live without that. It gives me nice fluttery lashes.

What I LOVE about this mascara is that it holds a curl magnificently. I am part Asian; I'm not complaining because my lashes aren't too short or sparse but they are stick-straight. The only problem I really have with mascaras is that they don't hold a curl. I think the Falsies makes a lovely base coat when layering mascaras, just because it holds a curl very well.

I do love dramatic lashes, and while the Falsies doesn't really give me as much "drama" as I want, I'm not sure any mascara can do that for me. Regardless, it makes my eyelashes look damn good--I guess this isn't an HG mascara, but I am very happy with it for now.

TL;DR: Dark, doesn't flake or smear, holds a curl. My lashes are lookin' good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another overhyped product. I know some bloggers/youtubers seem to love drugstore mascaras. But after trying high end mascaras (my favourites are Lancome and Clinique) as well as Japanese mascaras (e.g. Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl), I can't stand this mascara!!

It doesn't separate the lashes and make them long and luscious. It's a bit clumpy. It doesn't curl the lashes or make them longer.

I'm giving it 2 lippies rather than 1 only because I have unfortunately tried even worse mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by JennyNiemann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that it does seem to make them longer. I went to my doctor today and she actually made a comment about how long my lashes were! As for the volume, I was expecting a bit more. 300% more lashes? Not really. So will the new Maybelline Falsies replace my beloved Loreal Voluminous……. I don’t think it will. Overall I think it is a great mascara! I do like the packaging, purple and teal, great combo! It does catch your eye when your strolling the cosmetic isles! You cant beat the price and it did actually work better than some of the other high end mascaras I’ve used. But I don’t think it lives up to the ads or what the website says.