September 17, 2014 | 1730 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by milchtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this has been my FAV mascara for years. every time I try a different brand, I regret it. See, I have stubborn, stick-straight lashes that point down. Some mascaras weigh them down after curling them, then they would dry straight. ugh. this one not only help my lashes stay curled all day, but also helps push it up more (love the wand!). The amount of volume and lengthening this mascara has is unbeatable at this price. And the hold is really fantastic - it lasts all day and night, and doesn't smudge.

This might clump depending on your application (especially if you're doing many coats), but for me, it hasn't been much of an issue. To avoid clumping, apply to the base of your lashes after curling, wiggle it a bit, and give a swift stroke upwards - don't use too many coats at the tips. I don't need much lengthening, so I usually don't even apply it to the tips of my lashes for daytime makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MissCan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

huummmmm...... ok so I have only worn this once.... and it was on a hot day.... but it ran and i looked like some kinda sad clown.

I read reviews saying it was awesome.. i was pretty disappointed at the running/smudging considering it was waterproof too.

I will try it again on a not so hot day and hope it is better.

I did like the dramatic darkness it creates on the lashes.... just not under my eyes.

The packaging is cool, but so far not impressed... will try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by gwaylock

Best mascara ever. Makes your eyelashes dark and very thick! I have short eyelashes but I always get complimented while wearing this! Some may it's clumpy, but as long as you seperate them before with a dry brush or an old mascara they're perfect! Love it so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

doesn't look that great when you apply multiple coats. looks clumpy like tarantula eyes if you put on two coats. but i wear it, it's not terrible. really "fills in" the gaps if you have thin lashes, like i do. probably will not repurchase though. it was worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of Maybelline's entire Falsies line, but Flared in Waterproof is my favorite mascara. I almost never branch out, and if I do, I know I've got this one to fall back on for guaranteed results. It doesn't dry out in the tube like some other members of the Falsies family are prone to, it applies wonderfully, and the results are immediately visible. I like my makeup to always be dramatic - I don't believe in demure! - and with a few coats of this mascara I can get my eyelashes to POP. I've been buying this specific type of mascara for ages now, and I see no reason to change my ways now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

This mascara didn't really do much for me. It clumped and made my top lashes fall. Maybelline makes better mascara like The Rocket.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you have short lashes, don't bother with this. I found it super dry and clumpy and it really just did nothing. It is also hard to get on the lashes and doesn't blend well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by K1w1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great and it really works at making your lashes long and thick. It holds the curl really well and doesn't really smudge under my eyes (which i always struggle to find in a mascara)...but it's SOOOO hard to take off.

I'll probably buy it again to wear on nights out, but otherwise it's such a pain to take off every night.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JesterGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started off with this waterproof version of Falsies Flared, and ended up switching to the non-waterproof kind. Don't get me wrong, if you want mascara that STAYS then this is it! But I mean it's like impossible to get off haha. I have to go through 2 or 3 sessions of wiping with makeup remover to get this stuff off. Even after that, it's still not completely gone. It's great if you're busy and don't have time to re-apply makeup throughout the day, But when you go to sleep and want to clean your face off, it may be a bit of a struggle to make sure it's completely removed. Overall I am happy with it, Falsies Flared and regular Falsies are my favorite mascaras at the moment. Not so much the Falsies black drama, which is just not as good as the other two.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by unicr0nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara I ever bought and I've run through plenty of tubes since! Of course I've tried other mascaras but this one is still definitely my favorite because it holds a curl beautifully (even after removal my lashes are still curled) despite having a rather wet formula. It really doesn't budge after it's dried, which is a necessity for me as a contact lens wearer.
This mascara defines, lengthens and thickens my lashes so well that I really have nothing more to ask from it! My lashes get separated perfectly because of the brush and my lashes are super noticeable and look great so I guess it's a false lash effect for me since they're pretty much invisible naturally, haha. Its drying time isn't too quick, so that if you get any on your eye, it can be removed with water and a q-tip shortly after application without any hassle.
I've noticed an issue with removal from other users of this mascara. I use the Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover and it gets it off in just a few gentle swipes without angst or tugging, so I'd recommend that if you like this mascara!