Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 8/5/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not for those who have sensitive/dry skin. I would put it on my face and it would itch for about 10 minutes then it would go away but it was an annoying feeling. Works awesome for my friend who has oily skin and gives her great coverage but not so much for me. I wouldn't purchase this again.

on 8/4/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

ummm its okay? I dont get the hype surrounding this cover up.

Its a whipped texture and it, to me, doesnt cover very well? In no way do I feel that this is a full coverage foundation. ( I much prefer using Revlon colour stay, which seems to have more coverage)

It seemed okay, until I put powder on with a brush, and it all seemed to come off with it! I was unable to do buffing motions at all, it didnt sink into the skin very good. So then I tried using a puffer with powder, which worked better, but my pores on my tops of cheeks looked not cute with this stuff. My pores didnt look huge or anything, just looked very fondation-y
Furthermore, I was unable to use moisturiser under this without it looking bad, which is sad.

But, if you have sensitive skin and not much works for you this may be foundation to consider.
(I have dry skin, so maybe this is why it didnt look good, clay has drying out properties) perhaps could be better suited to oily skin.

on 8/3/2015 8:22:00 PM

Creamy texture, silky smooth application (feels like a nice primer going on), blends well, and provides pretty good coverage. I have combination skin, and have found that this foundation has really good staying power, perhaps because of the inclusion of clay. I've never had to re-apply during the day. It's good stuff, and comes in many shades.

I think we all have to be realistic about our expectations regarding foundations and concealers settling into fine lines, wrinkles, and dry patches. It's going to happen no matter what product you use. Every time you blink your eyes, laugh, smile, talk…the stuff is going to going to settle around. How could it not? I digress.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm putting it out there right away, I have mixed feelings about this foundation and I do feel like it could work better for someone else than it did for me. I bought this foundation because I was wanted good coverage that would last through my work day on my oily skin.

The first thing I noticed about this product is, it is VERY thick even when applied with a dampened beauty blender. This can be a good thing because you need less product to cover more area however, it can also become too thick and cakey very quickly. You also have to be careful applying too much product on top of it for the same reasons. I highly recommend liquid and cream products when using this foundation.

Further, I found that this product did stick to the dryer patches on my skin and seemed to slide right off the areas that were oily. I think if you had normal or combo skin this might work better for you. I have an extremely oily tzone and few products are able to control that. I was hoping this product would be different because of the 12 hour wear claim but I was left very shiny by the end of the day,

Also, I found this foundation is prone to sinking into any expression lines on my face, Again, I think this is due to the thickness of the foundation but overall I was left dissatisfied. Honestly, this foundation sits at the bottom of my makeup collection and I kind of regret spending the money on it

on 8/3/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have VERY oily/acne prone skin with occasional dryness.

-Feels very silky and smooth to the touch
-Blends reasonably well
-Medium, but very buildable coverage
-Did not break me out

-The matte finish lasts for maybe 30 minutes before my shine starts to break through
-Completely slides off my face in about 2 hours, even with a primer and tons of setting powder
-Sticks to my dry patches/acne

If you have very good skin already, or very normal skin this foundation will work beautifully for you. But if you have oily, dry, or any other type of problematic skin this foundation probably will not work out for you.

on 8/3/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

it's a full coverage foundation! so you don't need a lot of product and be sure to thoroughly take off your makeup and double cleanse at night!!

i have oily skin. i apply this with a damp beauty blender and get a nice coverage. i've worn this when i was out in the sun all day and sweating and my makeup stayed put, but it didn't look as good as when i first applied it. it is matte as well.

i do like the packaging. it comes in a squeeze tube which i found it easier to control how much foundation i wanted as compared to a pump, so that was nice.

This foundation is alright. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Still on my search to find the perfect foundation :(

on 7/30/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this is the only foundation I have ever purchased twice. The coverage is amazing, I have dry skin but it doesnt flake on my face even more. I can use the light medium shade with or without my self tanner, it really adjusts for me and just gives my face a flawless finish.

on 7/29/2015 9:04:00 PM

so far i feel this full coverage is full coverage , and it does last a least 12 hours

on 7/26/2015 2:38:00 AM

Bought this after hearing essiebutton and other youtubers rave about it, at first i used it i loved it to death. I use a thin layer because i just need to even out my skin tone and it looked amazing! it photographs nicely as well, giving me a nice glow without looking oily. It was perfection in a tube. Since i don't really need much coverage on a daily basis, i went back to my HG TM. During new year, i applied this for a gathering and it looked like a hot mess. My face looked cakey and it enhanced my pores. I have no idea what happened because my skin condition did not change (combination skin) so i removed my make up and re did it. A few weeks later, for a school presentation, i wore this again and it looked fine. So idk about this, gave it 3 lippies. Would recommend this for normal - oily skin though. Or people who needs high coverage!

on 7/24/2015 8:47:00 PM

Not a terrible foundation. . .but not great either especially for the price. I have combo skin and pretty oily and work a 10 hour day. Lasted a few hours but face seemed to look super oily, more than usual. And I use a primer for oily skin. Foundation itself has no fragrance and very thick. Went on well, just wont last. One plus is it did not oxidize on me which alot of foundations tend to do on me. Dont see any excessive breakouts, but i breakout no matter what product i use. Overall, would not repurchase. My next buy will be the estee Lauder double wear.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom