Skinceuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50

5% Zinc Oxide, 6% Titanium Dioxide. Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Nylon-12, Capylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phencythl Benzoate, Styrene/acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Tridecane, Dicapylyl, Carbonate, Dicapylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10-15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Peg-9 Polydeimthcylsiloxyethnyld Iethicone, Alumina, Polyhyroxystearaic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Capylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides, PEG-8 Laurate, Disteradimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycapylylsilane, Tocopherol, Propylenen Carbonate, Artemia Extract, Benzoic Acid, C9-15 Flouroalcohol Phosphate, Peg-9, D46941/2.

on 1/25/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best sunscreen I have used to date. I have ivory skin tone so I use sunscreen everyday, no matter what the weather.

on 1/6/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an excellent sunscreen for wearing underneath foundation. It sinks into the skin almost instantly and leaves a silky smooth base. I love the fact that it is SPF50 and doesn't leave me with any sticky residue on my face.

The biggest selling-point of this sunscreen is that, unlike most sunscreens with a high SPF, it is tinted to that it doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. This is a nice plus, although I would always apply foundation over the top so the white cast is not necessarily a deal-breaker for me. What I would point out is that, while it is marketed as a 'universal' tint, it is in fact somewhere around nc25 in MAC terms. This doesn't matter at all if you are putting makeup over the top, but worth bearing in mind if you were hoping to use this on its own. I am naturally a lot fairer than nc25, and I do find that it darkens my skin considerably.

Another thing to point out to those based in the UK is that this is almost impossible to get hold of. My sister lives in the US so she buys this online for me because I can never find it over here. The version that is readily available on amazon.co.uk is usually the physical one rather than the physical fusion. This is such a shame and I hope this becomes more readily available here soon!

The final thing to note is that this is very expensive, but after trying so many sticky, uncomfortable sunscreens that didn't cope well under foundation, I am happy to repurchase this one.

on 12/22/2012 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am very impressed with this sunscreen. The dermatologist had it for patients to try on my last visit, and I ended up buying a bottle. It really does feel weightless on combination skin and I have been using it instead of a primer the past few days. At 33 dollars for the small bottle, it is affordable, and when was the last time you found an SPF 50 that didn't feel thick or greasy? This is suitable for sensitive skin, including rosacea types, because the active ingredients are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in the form of Z-Cote which is a very sheer micronized zinc. Zinc is soothing on skin, as you probably know. The "universal tint" is a neutral beige that looks best on light to medium skin tones and may eliminate your need for foundation if you don't like a lot of coverage anyway, but it's sheer enough for men to use - it's not like wearing makeup. However, the tint is one of the things other reviewers have complained about, so perhaps it isn't completely universal. Nevertheless, this is a great sunscreen to wear under foundations that do not contain sunscreen already, and it's perfect for trips to sunny climates. Just remember to shake the bottle a little before you apply to ensure perfect consistency of product.

on 11/17/2012 8:49:00 AM

This is a great product for anyone looking for broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen that also works well as a sheer foundation.
It has a very fluid, silky texture that goes on easliy (over moisturizer because it isn't a tinted moisturizer) and drys to a nice matte finish.
I gave it 4 lippies because it only comes in one shade which could be a problem and I found that I have to be careful on much I use or it turns an orangish color.
I have dry, very sensitve skin and haven't had any break-outs, irritation or other problems with it.

on 11/1/2012 2:03:00 PM

My HG sunscreen has always been Shiseido sunscreens and I don't know what made me shell out the bucks to buy this but boy am I glad I did... Other than the cost, ( which is way too high), this is a wonderful tinted sunscreen that matches me perfectly (NW20), stays put all day and really only requires a little powder for me to blot the shine. Some days I put foundation over it if I am looking for a more polished look but not every day. This is rapidly over taking Shiseido as my HG sunscreen. Love this stuff... also, it does not irritate my highly sensitive skin and nor my allergy prone eyes. I bought the supersize bottle for some reason as my first purchase of this and I am really glad I did. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/27/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is alright. My esthetician convinced me to purchase this because at the time I was not using suncscreen. This product does have a tint to it so it does provide some coverage. This sunscreen goes well under makeup because it doesnt give a greasy feeling, however it is somewhat drying. As a sunscreen it works nicely.

on 9/20/2012 4:41:00 PM

I wear this sunscreen every day and I love it. It is super sheer and light and great under makeup. It can leave a white film on your face if you have it too thick in an area, but this is easily buffed into your skin. It doesn't feel at all like you're putting spf 50 on your face. And it lasts a long time - a little of this goes a long way. I bought my first bottle in April and I just had to replace it in December. That seems to justify the price in my book.

on 9/20/2012 2:40:00 PM

I have been using this sunscreen for a few months and have repurchased three times. My skin is normal and clear except for some blackheads on my nose. I should note that I don't have issues with acne, and I wouldn't consider my skin sensitive. However, I have widespread melasma (brown patches) that I have been treating with Retin-A and Obagi, which can leave my skin red and flaky. A very effective sunscreen is an absolute must, and I have tried dozens. Here are my thoughts:

The Physical Fusion SPF 50 is 100% physical sunscreen that offers high protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Personally, I prefer a physical sunscreen over a chemical one because chemical sunscreens leave my skin feeling hot, and my hyper pigmentation is sensitive to both light and heat.

The formula is perhaps the most elegant and easy to apply than any other sunscreen I have tried. It melts into my skin, leaving a lovely semi matte finish that isn't shiny. I love that it doesn't sit like a mask on top of my skin, unlike most sunscreens I have used. The tint helps my NC 15 skin tone look more even. While it certainly doesn't conceal my brown patches, I definitely notice a positive improvement in my skin tone after I apply it. The one drawback is that the tint is almost too dark. I would proceed with caution if you are very fair.

Most importantly, it works. My pigmentation is slowly but surely lightening. While the Retin A and Obagi are partly responsible, they are useless and damaging if not used with an effective sunscreen. I declare HG status for this one.

on 9/11/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Excellent product. No white/pasty effect to cover up. Have been able to get away with just using this in place of foundation/tinted moisturizer. Get it, you won't be sorry!

on 9/11/2012 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an incredibly sheer, elegant physical sunscreen. The texture is very fluid and silicony, but it doesn't irritate my skin like Shiseido Gentle did. The tint works really well for me (MAC NW20/25), so I only need makeup over it for extra coverage, not colour correction (a first!), and makeup goes on well because of the silicone. It gives coverage similar to a tinted moisturiser, and the finish is satiny. You definitely need an oily cleanser/makeup remover to get this off - I started to breakout with this until I figured that out, but now I use a dual phase remover (Paula's Choice) and it's fine. Like many physical sunscreens it is a little drying under my eyes, but a bit of Paula's Choice Cellular Defense SPF underneath works wonders and acts like an illuminator as well. Like others here, I'm not convinced that it really delivers PPD 21 with 11% actives, but it does have sunspheres which significantly boost SPF and PPD (http://www.rhpersonalcare.com/products/product_print.page?display-mode=tds&product=1122912), and I figure anything above SPF 20/PPD 6 is better than any other wearable physical sunscreen I've found. I'll keep using into the summer and see how it goes. So far, I'm loving it!