Maybelline master drama eyeliner

3.6

Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Synthetic Wax , Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene , C20 40 Alcohols , Nylon 12 , Perfluorononyl Dimethicone , Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate , Polyethylene , Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate , Silica , May Contain (+/-): , Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) , F.I.L. D46065/2

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had to review this eyeliner for the simple fact that the review below mine. I thought it was that I received a defective liner but went and bought another and YET it still won't swivel up. SO UPSET, what a waste. I have it in bold brown and midnight master swivels right up. The actual product works well, nothing spectacular but okay. Makes me angry that maybelline is getting away with selling products that are obviously defective.

This is honestly the worst eyeliner I have ever used.

I bought it once just for a change but it didn't twist up so thinking it was defective I bought it again & the same, it isn't twisting up. It smudges & doesn't come off easily.

Save your money.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

got this in bold brown, its a nice medium brown w/some golden shimmer. twist up but takes a long time twisiting up. after you use it for the first time it gets blunt & you don't get that fine line anymore. i have oily lids & it smudges, even when i use primer, so i wont be repurchasing.

Well, its great when you're on a budget, and the packaging looks nice, so I was automatically attracted to the price and package. Its got a great pigmentation on it, I have the black one. It doesn't retract back down for me, idk if I got a defect piece or not but it does retract up slow and, the fact that it doesn't go back down erks me. And it doesn't have a sharpener, so once that first tip is gone you're stuck with a bulky tip. It smudges like hell. Hard to come off. Would not buy again

****This review is for the color Bold Brown ONLY, as I haven't tried any of the others.

I'm a brown eyeliner kind of girl and my favorite kind are twist-up pencils. So when my L'Oreal Infallible started to run low, I decided to give this one a try.

The first thing I noticed is that it DRAGS tremendously and I have to apply lots of pressure just to line my upper lash line. I also have to go over the line twice or three times just to get the color to really be a "bold brown."

This doesn't hold up very well throughout the day. When I get home from work, I notice fading and smudging in my inner and outer corners. I've tried setting this with a dark brown eyeshadow and it seems to hold up better, but with an ideal eyeliner I wouldn't even have to do this. If this is happening during the winter time when I'm not even oily or sweating, I don't even want to know what it would be like in hot or humid weather. I won't be sticking with this product to find out.

The main thing that makes this product a miss for me is that it DOESN'T show up on my waterline. At all.

It should also be noted that this doesn't twist up very well. I literally feel like I had to FIGHT it just to get the tip to advance...and then it was impossible to twist it down when I was finished using it.

I will finish this up since I did find a use for it: lining the outer corners of my upper lash line and then going over it with a dark brown eyeshadow and pencil brush to create that "smudged" liner effect.

If you're not expecting a rich, pigmented brown liner and aren't worried about staying power, then this may work for you. But if you're looking for a nice dark brown with staying power that works on your upper lash line AND waterline, I'd suggest L'Oreal Infallible 16HR Never Fail Eyeliner.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't like this eyeliner at all. Admittedly I am not the best at applying it, but still. It drags terribly, it's impossible to get off, it flakes and smudges, it doesn't create a thin or exact line, it irritates my eyes, the colour pay-off isn't great at all, the list goes on and on and on...
I would never use this again, let alone buy it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't care for this liner. You can't get a super clean line with it. Or a thin line. Once the original point is gone, that's it, you can't get any point back and left with a bumpy nub tip. You can't retract the liner down into the tube. It takes a long time for it to twist up also, and because of that, I thought I bought a broken one at first. The staying power is okay but it does fade. Forget applying to the waterline, it doesn't last long at all. I bought the one in black and it's not really that dark. It didn't go on super smooth either, and yes, it was fresh stock I bought from a new display. It's like a muted black. I paid a little over 5 bucks for this at cvs, and that's after 20% and a 2 dollar coupon. I wouldn't even pay a dollar for it. I will keep it since I prefer to use liquid liner anyway, but I won't ever repurchase. It's not the worst liner in the world but it's way overpriced for what you get, in terms of quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought one of these liners in brown in a drugstore in NYC and loved it. The texture was creamy and the liner had good staying power. While I was travelling I picked up one in black. As another reviewer said, the drag was atrocious.the liner itself was brittle and dry.

Guess Maybelline cannot guarantee consistent quality even when the product is the same.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This eyeliner is one I have stuck with for such a long time. I first tried it when I was doing makeup for a girls photo shoot, and I noticed how it just glided on so easily. The next day I went out and bought it for myself. It's long lasting, and very smooth, never dries out and doesn't flake. Until I find something better, I will continue to purchase this eyeliner because I haven't found one thing wrong with it.

Great eyeliner. very long lasting and doesn't smudge on me (everything smudges on me). Only problem was the packaging. for some reason, it took me forever for me to figure out how to advance the liner, to the point where I even thought the first one i got was defective and returned it only for the 2nd one to be the same.