July 22, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lalaladylauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in my ongoing quest for the HG of facial cleansing towelettes. I'm a fan of Burt's Bee's "good for you, good for the earth" marketing: natural ingredients, packaging from "responsible sources" and its no animal testing policy.

However, these towelettes fell short of expectations. Despite being marked for those with sensitive skin, I still felt a sort of burning sensation after wiping my face down. It also has an herbal, medicinal smell I'm not a fan of.

The most positive thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't leave a residue on my face (probably the so-called "moisturizing" benefits most other brands promise.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by O89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THE best towelettes. Will never ever use anything else. They get everything off and being a Burt's bees product are free of harsh amounts of chemicals. Love love love.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looking for makeup remover wipes without many chemicals but these felt rough and burny, and didn't even do the job. Had to go over my eyes and face again with the Neutrogena wipes that smell and feel better but are full of chemical junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by KaelynMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging ROCKS! I love these. I bought them because they were super cheap and I needed a cleanser for when I was too lazy to actually wash my face. These are truly awesome. They help clear my acne and they smell awesome. They don't dry out my skin and don't feel gross. I love them and I' surprised at the bad reviews. These are my go to cleansing towelettes and I will not buy anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jackjacklind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really didnt like the smell of these wipes, it actually made me feel quite sick. I also did not find that they removed all of my mascara which is a very important feature for me! I have recently found a brand called Wotnot which give me everything that I need in a facial wipe. There are no chemicals and they remove all of my mascara-Yey!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

god, ew. the smell of these is terrible. and then when i use it my face stings. it doesn't take all my mascara off, maybelline mega plush, no matter how hard i try. yet somehow my eyes don't sting.. very strange. and even though my face wicked burns when i use one of these, my face doesn't look bad, like you'd expect. i can't really decide how i feel about it since i've only used them once each day, for 3 days. only reason i got this was i wanted an eye makeup remover that didn't sting, but then i thought why not get a full face makeup remover. then i didn't wanna get a liquid because i'd have to waste my circle pads, especially because they are smaller than towelettes.. who knows, i will only find out what's best for me, by experience. i won't return these i guess, but i'll look through reviews first definitely. my phone doesn't work so i couldn't check it on the spot like i always do. just really wanted something cus my current cream makeup remover is not for the eyes and it blinds me but i can't help but use it. sorry burt, sorry bees, this product's not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by umave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually buy the Neutrogena towelettes, but decided to try these out because of the packaging. I liked that there's a lid and not just adhesive. Plus, the price was roughly $5 so I figured why not. From what I can tell it removes light makeup fairly well. It didn't really work on my waterproof mascara though (L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber) so I'm willing to bet it won't work very well on other waterproof products either. The white tea extract scent is okay. It's a little strong so if you're sensitive to scents, you might want to pass. I didn't experience any extremely unpleasant effects on my skin either - just a little dryness/tightness, but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't instantly remedy. I intend on using up the product, but I probably won't re-purchase. Overall, it's just kind of average..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh so disappointed in these. :( I LOVE burt's so I snatched these up at my local walgreens on a whim. I've never used makeup remover wipes but I thought it might help at night when I'm feeling lazy. These don't seem to remove makeup super effectively, and they STING my face! I do not have particularly sensitive skin, I'm allergic to laundry detergent/softener but have never had a reaction to any facial product before, so I didn't think to purchase the sensitive skin type. I find the stinging/burning sensation so unpleasant that even if they removed all my makeup in one swipe, would not repurchase. 2 lippies though for the snap-close package and the scent is nice I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

They're great facial wipes, but I got sick of the smell. I

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by missrose037

I loved these wipes! They didn't leave an annoying film on my face, and they don't make me break out. I love how natural they are, and how the package has a little door to prevent them from drying out. These wipes also have an herbal scent that is really growing on me. Love it! I would recommend it to everyone who's looking for natural products