April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Facial Cleansing Towelettes

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Looking for makeup remover wipes without many chemicals but these felt rough and burny, and didn't even do the job. Had to go over my eyes and face again with the Neutrogena wipes that smell and feel better but are full of chemical junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by KaelynMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging ROCKS! I love these. I bought them because they were super cheap and I needed a cleanser for when I was too lazy to actually wash my face. These are truly awesome. They help clear my acne and they smell awesome. They don't dry out my skin and don't feel gross. I love them and I' surprised at the bad reviews. These are my go to cleansing towelettes and I will not buy anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jackjacklind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really didnt like the smell of these wipes, it actually made me feel quite sick. I also did not find that they removed all of my mascara which is a very important feature for me! I have recently found a brand called Wotnot which give me everything that I need in a facial wipe. There are no chemicals and they remove all of my mascara-Yey!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

god, ew. the smell of these is terrible. and then when i use it my face stings. it doesn't take all my mascara off, maybelline mega plush, no matter how hard i try. yet somehow my eyes don't sting.. very strange. and even though my face wicked burns when i use one of these, my face doesn't look bad, like you'd expect. i can't really decide how i feel about it since i've only used them once each day, for 3 days. only reason i got this was i wanted an eye makeup remover that didn't sting, but then i thought why not get a full face makeup remover. then i didn't wanna get a liquid because i'd have to waste my circle pads, especially because they are smaller than towelettes.. who knows, i will only find out what's best for me, by experience. i won't return these i guess, but i'll look through reviews first definitely. my phone doesn't work so i couldn't check it on the spot like i always do. just really wanted something cus my current cream makeup remover is not for the eyes and it blinds me but i can't help but use it. sorry burt, sorry bees, this product's not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by umave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually buy the Neutrogena towelettes, but decided to try these out because of the packaging. I liked that there's a lid and not just adhesive. Plus, the price was roughly $5 so I figured why not. From what I can tell it removes light makeup fairly well. It didn't really work on my waterproof mascara though (L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber) so I'm willing to bet it won't work very well on other waterproof products either. The white tea extract scent is okay. It's a little strong so if you're sensitive to scents, you might want to pass. I didn't experience any extremely unpleasant effects on my skin either - just a little dryness/tightness, but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't instantly remedy. I intend on using up the product, but I probably won't re-purchase. Overall, it's just kind of average..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh so disappointed in these. :( I LOVE burt's so I snatched these up at my local walgreens on a whim. I've never used makeup remover wipes but I thought it might help at night when I'm feeling lazy. These don't seem to remove makeup super effectively, and they STING my face! I do not have particularly sensitive skin, I'm allergic to laundry detergent/softener but have never had a reaction to any facial product before, so I didn't think to purchase the sensitive skin type. I find the stinging/burning sensation so unpleasant that even if they removed all my makeup in one swipe, would not repurchase. 2 lippies though for the snap-close package and the scent is nice I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

They're great facial wipes, but I got sick of the smell. I

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by missrose037

I loved these wipes! They didn't leave an annoying film on my face, and they don't make me break out. I love how natural they are, and how the package has a little door to prevent them from drying out. These wipes also have an herbal scent that is really growing on me. Love it! I would recommend it to everyone who's looking for natural products

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to place the very strong smell of these towelettes, and the closest I can get is a mix between children's aspirin and smarties candy. Neither of these are things I want to smell like.

On the up-side, the packaging of the towelettes is excellent, with a plastic "door" that snaps shut to keep everything from drying out. The towelettes are also a good size and thicker than others I've used.

The downsides are, of course, the overpowering and gross smell, and the fact that these aren't too great at removing eye makeup. Most cloths of this kind don't seem to do especially well with mascara removal, though, so it's probably no worse than other brands.

In the future I might try the sensitive skin version of these towelettes, but I wouldn't recommend the standard version.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

I love these towelettes. They're great for refreshing your face, especially during this hot and humid summer. They have a pleasant herbal scent, and remove makeup fairly well. What I love the most about them, however, is that they don't break me out! I am horribly acne-prone, with extremely oily skin that's just slightly dry around the eyes, nose and mouth. I tend to apply a bit of moisturizer just as I would after washing my face after I use these so I haven't particularly noticed if these are even slightly drying.

UPDATE: 1/25/2013
I added a lippie to the four that I had previously given this product because it's actually helped clear my acne. I ran out and didn't repurchase because I'm on a budget and thought they weren't necessary anyway. I don't know what made me buy them other than I know that I really liked them the last time I used them.

I had been breaking out horribly (cystic) on my cheeks and while the stuff I normally used (salicylic acid, b.p.) improved the acne, they didn't get completely rid of them. And if you know anything about cystic acne, it's that just having one is horrible enough (they leave pockmarks on your face). I'd rather just get regular whiteheads. Note that I've always exfoliated my skin pretty well with a scrubby washcloth and made sure that my face was clean.

Anyway, I was getting about 2 at any one time and got lazy one night and decided to use one of these even though I could feel a zit surfacing. I woke up with completely clear skin. It's been 2 days and I still don't have any zits, a new record as of late.
I use them day and night even after washing my face and haven't used any acne products. I don't know if I'll be able to get away with not using the acne products for long, but I'm experimenting because they make my skin feel like sandpaper. This product seriously makes me want to try other Burt's Bees facial products. I've read of a couple that have helped others with their acne even though it's not marketed as a product for clearing acne.