Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 9/12/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

these towelettes do what they're supposed to do and just that. they take a few minutes at wiping my eyes free of eyeliner. They eyeliner I use likes to stick around and very little is needed to give one raccoon eyes so that I expected. With one swipe my foundation is completely off though so that's a plus. I switched to these because the Simple ones I was using previously made my face sting and feel gross, sticky, and irritated after and I have found these too make my face and eyes sting for a while. Almost like if i had rubbed my face raw except it'd b just gently wiping my face the first time. Maybe i need the white ones instead for sensitive skin. I'm pleased with these and I would repurchase but I'm still looking for something better

on 9/12/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Best part about these - the packaging. The plastic lid actually keeps the towelettes from drying out, unlike other towelette containers that only have stickers to keep the air out.

I go back and forth on these so really it's like a 3.5. The cloth is much softer and thicker than the ones from Say Yes to Carrots (Cucumber version), or Pond's. My facial skin likes the cloth when I only use one towelette. If I use two, which is how many I like to use when wearing a lot of makeup, my skin turns red, and starts to sting.

These also seem to dry out my cheeks. I do have sensitive skin, and dry cheeks, so with these two issues, I do have trouble finding towelettes that don't irritate my skin.

on 9/9/2013 8:13:00 PM

As I'm on a search for cleaning wipes I decided to pick these up.. They were on sale and I've heard so many good reviews I decided to try them out. The package is cute the wipes do not get all dried out, which is great. However I can't say the same on my skin. I do have sensitive skin and I love Burt bees products so I'm not sure why this isn't working well with my skin. They also smell terrible, can't even explain but it is a very strong smell. The package says it removes dirt oil and makeup and it definitely doesn't do a good job of that. I try to use these wipes before i wash my face. They burn my eyes and my skin.

on 8/29/2013 9:01:00 PM

ok, i use this product in conjunction with burts bees gel cleanser, and i have to say that I'm a fan of this combo. i use the facial towelette first to remove my foundation, then the gel cleanser to fight the acne. i would NOT recommend using the wipes to remove eye makeup, however. i just use Sephora makeup remover for my eyes. the smell is somewhat medicinal, but it's not overpowering (for me anyway). the wipes do tend to dry out my skin, but i always use moisturizer after anyway. i will probably repurchase these just because of the reasonable price and how they work with my other burts bees product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great at removing facial debris. Not so great at removing eye makeup. Burned my eyelids something fierce and while there are some reviewers who didn't experience the same and verbally state that they can't understand why some individuals are experiencing stinging because they have the most sensitive skin and didn't get the same outcome. Sorry ladies but not all skin is the same so we're all going to react differently. Irks me to no end when I read such nonsense. Anyway, the only way I could stop the burning was to immediately rinse my eyes with cool water. I'm bummed that I cannot use them on the eye area but they are fine on the rest of the face. I will use up what I have but will not repurchase in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought these thinking they'd be nice and gentle since it's Burt's Bees but oh my god, they burned my face so much. I couldn't even finish the package.

The smell is also not great. Back to Neutrogena for me.

on 4/11/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Simple's makeup wipes for awhile and I wanted to try something new so I picked up burt's bees makeup wipes. The smell is fine, it has citrus scent and it smells like oranges. What is better than Simple brand of makeup wipes is that these wipes are moist and have the right amount of remover on them. They are gentle too but too gentle I think. These wipes take off my mineral foundation fine but it barely takes off my waterproof mascara which is a total let down. I will go back to the Simple brand due to it also being gently but effective at removing all my makeup including waterproof makeup.
I won't be repurchasing these but I recommend this product to people with really sensitive skin, especially dry skin due to it also being moisturizing.

on 4/10/2013 1:47:00 AM

I received these as a gift and I was pretty disappointed in them. They smell nice but they are so tiny and kind of dry too. The positive about the wipes is that they didn't seem to burn my eyelids as I usually these facial towelettes in conjunction with waterproof remover to take my eye makeup off. They remind a lot of the ELF face wipes. The Kirkland facial towelettes are so much better and just a fraction of the cost.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this product in my ongoing quest for the HG of facial cleansing towelettes. I'm a fan of Burt's Bee's "good for you, good for the earth" marketing: natural ingredients, packaging from "responsible sources" and its no animal testing policy.

However, these towelettes fell short of expectations. Despite being marked for those with sensitive skin, I still felt a sort of burning sensation after wiping my face down. It also has an herbal, medicinal smell I'm not a fan of.

The most positive thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't leave a residue on my face (probably the so-called "moisturizing" benefits most other brands promise.)

O89

on 3/28/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THE best towelettes. Will never ever use anything else. They get everything off and being a Burt's bees product are free of harsh amounts of chemicals. Love love love.