April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I decided to give a try to this mascara after watching a couple of youtue reviews about it. Everyone was head over heels with it on youtube, so I thought "why not give it a try?" Thank God I found the "Do the Bright Thing" kit (which contained a sample of the mascara) on sale. I have medium lashes, not too short, thin and blonde, and I am constantly on the search for a good mascara that will make my eyes pop.

To be honest, I expexted this mascara to elongate and make my lashes fuller, as that is what it implies to do from the advertisement (makes your lashes look as if you have false lashes on). BUT it's just another normal mascara. Yes, it does make them thicker but it also makes them clumpy when applied for a 2nd layer and it gives no length at all. I'm glad I tested it before purchasing it, as I would have spent 25EUR on a product I wouldn't be satisfied with.

Still in the search for the perfect mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara in Sephoraís birthday gift last year, and unfortunately I am less than impressed. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara is no better than your basic drugstore mascara but it costs a whole lot more! I found decent length, very little volume, however it CLUMPS really badly! I have tried to use a lash comb with this but for someone like me who likes more than one coat of mascara itís nearly impossible to achieve pretty, separated lashes. Another turn-off for me is the brush. I donít mind a large brush, I have learned to maneuver them quite well (think Diorshow), but this brush is plastic and quite pokey. I found it hurt my inner eyelids when I applied it and thatís really uncomfortable. I gave this to my mom to try when it didnít work for me, and she didnít like it either. I would never go to the store to buy it, and I wouldnít recommend it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kristiiina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smudges and makes me looks like a panda in the afternoon. I haven't had issues previously with my Lancome and Clinique mascaras. Also Max Factor's mascaras have stayed better than this product. I'am disappointed since I read such good ratings about 'They're Real'. This product is also almost impossible to remove i.e. I look like panda in the morning too even though I spent 10 minutes rubbing it out the previous night. The brush is excellent though, making the lashes look nice and long but the fun won't last even a half a day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Louisaa2215

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara worked well for me the first couple of days I got it , then it became all runny and made my lashes really clumpy but long. It takes 3 days to get it off completely so if your going for a swim you can use this mascara. I would not repurchase this product because I prefer the bobbi brown smokey eye mascara instead. It's a way better version of this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by aliciajim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! I have oily skin around my eyes and have always always always had to use waterproof mascara which takes some work to wash off every night. I stumbled across this as a sample and it has changed me life :). It stays put, doesn't flake, and washed off with face wash. No more drowning my eyes with some oily stuff to get the waterproof stuff off. I like it better than Lanc√īme and haven't found anything else that compares to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

The formula is perfect but the brush is big and spiky so you gotta be careful or you'll hurt your waterline

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for free and it was extremely hyped up. DOES NOT WORK ON MY LASHES. I have short and thick lashes and it left me with about 4 clumps of lashes. Terrible terrible effect for ME personally ! BUT THAT SAID - we all have different eyelashes - no two bodies are the exact same!!!!! Hence, this formula COULD work on someone else! Just not a good experience for me though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmoses15

I love this mascara! It is flawless! It makes your eyelashes look so lushes and full! The down side is the price. It is a bit of a splurge for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jojoS34

I am always on the hunt for a good mascara, as I have sparse short, hard to work with eyelashes. This mascara takes some practice and getting used to, there's a technique to use it to get voluminous thick eyelashes hence the different wand but I love it, it's not badly priced either, I found towards the end of my first tube it was a little bit drying up, but I'm on my second tube and use it everyday, definitely one of the best mascaras i've used by far that doesn't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Claraa2000

First of all, I will write about the very few cons of this mascara.
I find this mascara is slightly too pricey for all it is, I got this as a Christmas present and here in the uk it is £19.50 I think, you could probably get a drugstore or high street on £10 cheaper that would do the same job. Secondly I find it is extremely hard to wash off! I normally have to wipe debris of my under eyes from this product during the day and at night when I was it off with eye make up remover and pads I'll wake up the next morning with it all smudged under my eyes
I can get past all the cons because of the amount of pros! This mascara is fab for anyone who has short lashes like myself because it makes them very volumous And lengthens then amazingly! It has a great dark colour, fab for a night out or just good for everyday:) I would definitely recommend this product!