April 21, 2014 | 1240 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Attitudeangela

I got this in my birthday gift from Sephora and after using the sample I bought a full - sized one. It's a mascara that doesn't run for me. I've never had problems with raccoon eyes and I find it makes my asian lashes actually lo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

If you like paying a bucket load of $ for a product that takes all your lashes and clumps them together so you appear to have 3 lashes total, then this is for you!

Seriously - what a waste of $! Thank goodness Ulta has a wonderful return policy!

So - I have become incredibly picky (yet still mostly cheap) regarding my mascaras - they must be waterproof (or highly water resistant), give me BLACK lashes, lengthen + volumize and never, never clump. Ever. I'm mostly a d/s mascara person for these very reasons - so very few mascaras will tick all my boxes so w/out an easy return policy, I just don't want to waste my $ or my time. That said, I've tried a few pricey ones...frankly, none have performed any better than my HG d/s mascaras. However, being a sucker for trying new things, I fell prey to an impulse purchase as I was paying for the rest of my Ulta items, especially since there was a travel size available for $10 AND the SA was spouting the wonders of this little "gem" In fact, she was not only wearing it, but "it is all she wears." I'm such a SUCKER!!

I tried it 1x and holy clumps batman! I will NOT use a mascara that requires combing of lashes OR wiping off excess on a tissue and that's exactly what this product requires. I was able to comb thru my lashes so I could go to work w/out looking like a circus freak, and the product did stay all day on me (14+ hours) w/ no fading or giving me raccoon eyes at day's end so at least that was a plus.

I marched back to Ulta the next day and lo and behold, the same SA was talking another customer into making the same purchase and as usually only happens in a movie, I walked up to the adjacent cashier, pulled out this product and my receipt and announced "clump city = no thank you" in a very nice voice, of course. :P

Will I re-purchase? Ummmmmmm......NO! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. Cannot understand the hype or why they have so heavily marketed such an awful mascara. I hate it. I hate the spiky rubbery wand which is hard to work with and does nothing for my lashes. The wet formula is gross and tacky and smudges everywhere. This does absolutely nothing for my lashes, I can barely use it, less alone achieve a false lash effect with it. They are so many better drugstore mascaras out there, please don't buy into the hype around this mascara. It is beyond overpriced considering how awful it is. Try Bad Gal mascara from Benefit, that is far more likely to give you a false lash look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I decided to give a try to this mascara after watching a couple of youtue reviews about it. Everyone was head over heels with it on youtube, so I thought "why not give it a try?" Thank God I found the "Do the Bright Thing" kit (which contained a sample of the mascara) on sale. I have medium lashes, not too short, thin and blonde, and I am constantly on the search for a good mascara that will make my eyes pop.

To be honest, I expexted this mascara to elongate and make my lashes fuller, as that is what it implies to do from the advertisement (makes your lashes look as if you have false lashes on). BUT it's just another normal mascara. Yes, it does make them thicker but it also makes them clumpy when applied for a 2nd layer and it gives no length at all. I'm glad I tested it before purchasing it, as I would have spent 25EUR on a product I wouldn't be satisfied with.

Still in the search for the perfect mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara in Sephoraís birthday gift last year, and unfortunately I am less than impressed. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara is no better than your basic drugstore mascara but it costs a whole lot more! I found decent length, very little volume, however it CLUMPS really badly! I have tried to use a lash comb with this but for someone like me who likes more than one coat of mascara itís nearly impossible to achieve pretty, separated lashes. Another turn-off for me is the brush. I donít mind a large brush, I have learned to maneuver them quite well (think Diorshow), but this brush is plastic and quite pokey. I found it hurt my inner eyelids when I applied it and thatís really uncomfortable. I gave this to my mom to try when it didnít work for me, and she didnít like it either. I would never go to the store to buy it, and I wouldnít recommend it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kristiiina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smudges and makes me looks like a panda in the afternoon. I haven't had issues previously with my Lancome and Clinique mascaras. Also Max Factor's mascaras have stayed better than this product. I'am disappointed since I read such good ratings about 'They're Real'. This product is also almost impossible to remove i.e. I look like panda in the morning too even though I spent 10 minutes rubbing it out the previous night. The brush is excellent though, making the lashes look nice and long but the fun won't last even a half a day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Louisaa2215

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara worked well for me the first couple of days I got it , then it became all runny and made my lashes really clumpy but long. It takes 3 days to get it off completely so if your going for a swim you can use this mascara. I would not repurchase this product because I prefer the bobbi brown smokey eye mascara instead. It's a way better version of this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by aliciajim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! I have oily skin around my eyes and have always always always had to use waterproof mascara which takes some work to wash off every night. I stumbled across this as a sample and it has changed me life :). It stays put, doesn't flake, and washed off with face wash. No more drowning my eyes with some oily stuff to get the waterproof stuff off. I like it better than Lanc√īme and haven't found anything else that compares to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

The formula is perfect but the brush is big and spiky so you gotta be careful or you'll hurt your waterline

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this for free and it was extremely hyped up. DOES NOT WORK ON MY LASHES. I have short and thick lashes and it left me with about 4 clumps of lashes. Terrible terrible effect for ME personally ! BUT THAT SAID - we all have different eyelashes - no two bodies are the exact same!!!!! Hence, this formula COULD work on someone else! Just not a good experience for me though.