BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2034 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/5/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Between this and my tarte mascara, I don't know which one,I love best. long full flirty lashes yes that's me no flaking I was asked 8 times did I have on fakes !

on 6/2/2015 12:48:00 PM

I have been a fan if L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in various versions, but I thought I would branch up a bit because mascara is my absolute must in makeup.

I had a sample of Dior Show and, despite other iffy reviews, it worked beautifully on my very light, short and thinner lashes. After that success, I decided to try Benefit. I actually paid for this sample, so that makes me doubly disappointed.

A. It is very wet
B. I applied it like I always do mascara and it clumped up my lashes. No amount of jiggling the brush would separate them.
C. It added zero length.
D. It added zero volume.

I gave two stars because I realize that not evey product works for every person and it did the job of a basic mascara. It was also dark enough.

It will be going back to Sephora this week. Next up for trial is Lancome, Definicils. Then, in all likelihood, back to Walgreens for some Carbon Black or go way back and revisit the Double Extend.

Two words: spider legs.

It is too wet initially, you will have a short good time in the middle of its life, and then it is too dry and flakey.
Super over-hyped, over priced and there are so much better for such expense.

on 5/28/2015 6:57:00 PM

I am very picky when it comes to mascara. I don't like clumpy lashes, wet or tacky lashes, or smudgy lashes. I generally don't like a mascara that has a super wet consistency and I don't like hard lashes once they're dry, because I tend to get bored and pick at them(I know- it's a little weird, right?). Anyways, this mascara was a bust. I hated spending $20 on it, but since my friends were raving about it I decided to give it a try. This mascara left my eyelashes clumpy and hard, but flakes and smudged around my eyes. It basically was the epitome of a bad mascara to me. I'll stick to my cover girl mascaras, those are my favorite. The drier formula tends to work better, even though I don't have oily skin. This product was not worth it

My gf knows I'm a product junkie so she picked this up for me from Sephora due to my special love for mascara. I have terrific long lashes (thanks to GrandeLashMD which brought back the fabulous lashes I always had but lost after extensions- I don't know WHY I ever bothered with extensions- they DESTROYED my natural lashes- literally left me looking like a burn victim- NO lashes were left !!!!!!!!)

Anyway, my lashes respond very easily to mascara and I saw this was a winner of some award in Allure or Cosmo (I forget) so anyway,,,,,,, it really didn't knock my socks off

My FAVORITE mascaras:

- Lancome O'Scellate (vibrating tip separates and lengthens as well as plumps up)
- followed by clinique curved brush (I forget the exact name - I will edit this once I go look at it) with a curved tip that basically combs the lashes to really separate them and make them pop

Sometimes I'll add a third coat of Telescopic mascara just to really make my eyes pop (or Magna) for night looks

I wasn't impressed and find better by L'Oreal (the cheaper div. of Lancome)

OH- I also love Definicils by L'ancome

on 5/28/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had heard absolute rave reviews about this mascara from the blogging world (and I was also rather swayed by the astonishing statistics they had plastered all over the display!), so at first I was willing to part with my 20 to try this out, however I was rather disappointed.

Although most mascaras smudge on me, I was really disappointed to discover this one did too. I mean, one of the main reasons I bought it was because I had heard tons of people say that they had struggled to get it off as it stayed so well, but for me this was not the case, as a couple of hours in I discovered it to have smudged all round my bottom lashes.
The actual brush I quite liked, but it still didn't amaze me. The ball on the end was a nice touch, as it allowed me to get right in to my end lashes which I often struggle with catching with normal mascara brushes. For reference, I find that mascaras with curved and rubber brushes, like the Max Factor Clump Defy (or the Covergirl Clump Crusher for you Americans!), tend to work best for my lashes.

One of my favourite things about this brush was the way in which there was hardly any excess product on the brush when you took it out from the packaging. This I find is one of the most infuriating things about mascaras, when you have to faff around wiping half of the product off onto a tissue so you don't end up with blobby eyes!

Overall, I was neither wowed nor infuriated by this product: nice brush and packaging, but the formula let it down drastically for me.

on 5/28/2015 9:04:00 AM

I love this mascara. My best friend recommended it to me - we both have naturally long eyelashes - so I took her word and bought it to try it out. A lot of the other reviews on here claim that it made their lashes clump together and/or was difficult to remove at the end of the day. I did not experience either of these problems. My lashes were full and appeared longer! As for washing off my makeup at the end of the day, the mascara actually came off easier than my regular mascara when I washed my face in the shower! (Note that I used the Philosophy purity face wash which claims to "break down makeup") - but I had already noticed the mascara coming off easily when I pinched my eyelashes when they were wet. Overall I am in LOVE with this mascara, even though I wish it was cheaper, but I believe it is worth every penny!

on 5/26/2015 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really damp and heavy mascara so unless your eyelashes are curling upwards naturally with no help of an eyelash curler, this mascara will undo all your eyelashing curling in 5 seconds. It also smudges for those of us with oilier eyelids.

Not at all recommended.

on 5/25/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a love/hate for me. I've been through 2 deluxe tubes now and I love how long it makes my lashes. They do actually look fake when I am very patient and precise with application. The brush is annoying if you're not careful, but it does allow you to reach the inner corners and bottom lashes with accuracy. It's also quite sharp so do whatever it takes to avoid a poking accident.

The formula starts out very wet and takes about 2 months to dry out completely in the smaller tubes. Even though it takes longer to set when wet, it flakes so much less and this is when this mascara performs best. Once the formula starts drying it's spider eyes and fallout all the way. There are flakes and clumps everywhere in the second month so maximise usage in the early times. This also means that the price is hefty and not very economical if it doesn't perform consistently through its short life.

This is my favourite mascara ever for bottom lashes. They actually look like they exist and despite the flakiness in month 2, the formula doesn't smudge or run. BUT two very negative things come with that perk:
* It is the hardest mascara I've ever encountered to take off! No matter what I use, it's a lengthy process with scrubbing required. Benefit make a remover especially for this but I don't want to splurge when any good mascara should be able to come off with a bit of oil in my opinion.
* this mascara makes my lashes crispy and brittle, both when it's on and when I've removed it. I fear it will irritate my eyes and damage my lashes longterm at this rate.

Choose your battles I guess. I no longer think all of the fiddling, scrubbing, flakes, and temperamental life of this mascara is worth the amazing false lash effect.

on 5/22/2015 2:55:00 AM

This mascara wand irritates me so much. The ball-ish tip never fails to deposit too much mascara on my eyelashes or i'd accidentally poke my eyes while using it. I really don't fancy the brush.
I have average straight asian lashes and i find that curling my eyelashes after applying and waiting for it to dry works better than curling before applying this mascara.
Overall, an average mascara that does what it states- no clumps (but it's a pretty wet mascara), longer and thicker-looking lashes, smudge-proof.

Video Reviews & Tutorials