April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I received a cute sample size of this from Sephora as one of my Birthday gifts this month. I would of never bought it otherwise just because I'm really content and happy with my Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara and I'm never paying over $12 for mascara. I splurge on my face washes and stuff like that but not mascara - it's just not worth it for me.

I do like this mascara but I feel like so much of a good mascara is just in the brush applicator. When I run out of this sample I'll save the brush head, sanitize it and use it with my Revlon mascara. The actual liquid was kind of annoying though, it was all goopy and hard to take off with my eye make up remover. I rarely have trouble getting mascara off with this remover but this stuff was just a goo-ey mess. I'm such a lazy person at taking make up off too - whatever is quickest for me is what I'm sticking with.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay mascara. I have short straight lashes and it just made them very clumpy and dry. Plus, I've never had a mascara that flakes soooooo much! And the price? Not feeling it. Gave it my sister who also hated it. It got congealed inside the bottle after I had it a little over a month. Maybe I had a bad bottle? Overall, I did NOT like. I believe there are far better options a the drugstore!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by norachoi

PROS:
After reading reviews on MUA, I was really sceptical about this product... but I bit the bullet and tried it anyway. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by how well the mascara worked. It's quite good for lengthening. I only applied one coat and an extra coat on the outer lashes and there were no clumps at all.
CONS:
My complaints are the price!!! and how it isn't waterproof. it smudges quite easily actually. My eyes teared up from yawning and I rubbed my eyes a bit and ended up with the awful raccoon eye effect. :/
I also found that the mascara was in a glob at the end of the wand. Didn't affect too much how it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by brittanysc1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually am not that picky about mascara, but this one made me pay a little more attention to what I'm putting on my eyelashes. It gave me one big, clumped together spiky lash on each eye; NOT cute. I'm glad I finally found the MUFE Smokey Extravagant mascara instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Attitudeangela

I got this in my birthday gift from Sephora and after using the sample I bought a full - sized one. It's a mascara that doesn't run for me. I've never had problems with raccoon eyes and I find it makes my asian lashes actually lo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

If you like paying a bucket load of $ for a product that takes all your lashes and clumps them together so you appear to have 3 lashes total, then this is for you!

Seriously - what a waste of $! Thank goodness Ulta has a wonderful return policy!

So - I have become incredibly picky (yet still mostly cheap) regarding my mascaras - they must be waterproof (or highly water resistant), give me BLACK lashes, lengthen + volumize and never, never clump. Ever. I'm mostly a d/s mascara person for these very reasons - so very few mascaras will tick all my boxes so w/out an easy return policy, I just don't want to waste my $ or my time. That said, I've tried a few pricey ones...frankly, none have performed any better than my HG d/s mascaras. However, being a sucker for trying new things, I fell prey to an impulse purchase as I was paying for the rest of my Ulta items, especially since there was a travel size available for $10 AND the SA was spouting the wonders of this little "gem" In fact, she was not only wearing it, but "it is all she wears." I'm such a SUCKER!!

I tried it 1x and holy clumps batman! I will NOT use a mascara that requires combing of lashes OR wiping off excess on a tissue and that's exactly what this product requires. I was able to comb thru my lashes so I could go to work w/out looking like a circus freak, and the product did stay all day on me (14+ hours) w/ no fading or giving me raccoon eyes at day's end so at least that was a plus.

I marched back to Ulta the next day and lo and behold, the same SA was talking another customer into making the same purchase and as usually only happens in a movie, I walked up to the adjacent cashier, pulled out this product and my receipt and announced "clump city = no thank you" in a very nice voice, of course. :P

Will I re-purchase? Ummmmmmm......NO! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. Cannot understand the hype or why they have so heavily marketed such an awful mascara. I hate it. I hate the spiky rubbery wand which is hard to work with and does nothing for my lashes. The wet formula is gross and tacky and smudges everywhere. This does absolutely nothing for my lashes, I can barely use it, less alone achieve a false lash effect with it. They are so many better drugstore mascaras out there, please don't buy into the hype around this mascara. It is beyond overpriced considering how awful it is. Try Bad Gal mascara from Benefit, that is far more likely to give you a false lash look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I decided to give a try to this mascara after watching a couple of youtue reviews about it. Everyone was head over heels with it on youtube, so I thought "why not give it a try?" Thank God I found the "Do the Bright Thing" kit (which contained a sample of the mascara) on sale. I have medium lashes, not too short, thin and blonde, and I am constantly on the search for a good mascara that will make my eyes pop.

To be honest, I expexted this mascara to elongate and make my lashes fuller, as that is what it implies to do from the advertisement (makes your lashes look as if you have false lashes on). BUT it's just another normal mascara. Yes, it does make them thicker but it also makes them clumpy when applied for a 2nd layer and it gives no length at all. I'm glad I tested it before purchasing it, as I would have spent 25EUR on a product I wouldn't be satisfied with.

Still in the search for the perfect mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara in Sephoraís birthday gift last year, and unfortunately I am less than impressed. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara is no better than your basic drugstore mascara but it costs a whole lot more! I found decent length, very little volume, however it CLUMPS really badly! I have tried to use a lash comb with this but for someone like me who likes more than one coat of mascara itís nearly impossible to achieve pretty, separated lashes. Another turn-off for me is the brush. I donít mind a large brush, I have learned to maneuver them quite well (think Diorshow), but this brush is plastic and quite pokey. I found it hurt my inner eyelids when I applied it and thatís really uncomfortable. I gave this to my mom to try when it didnít work for me, and she didnít like it either. I would never go to the store to buy it, and I wouldnít recommend it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kristiiina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smudges and makes me looks like a panda in the afternoon. I haven't had issues previously with my Lancome and Clinique mascaras. Also Max Factor's mascaras have stayed better than this product. I'am disappointed since I read such good ratings about 'They're Real'. This product is also almost impossible to remove i.e. I look like panda in the morning too even though I spent 10 minutes rubbing it out the previous night. The brush is excellent though, making the lashes look nice and long but the fun won't last even a half a day.