BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 9/7/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only ever wear false eyelashes and this is the only mascara that has even come close to giving me the volume and length that I get from false eyelashes. I love love love this mascara and would recommend anybody who wants outstanding eyelashes.

on 9/4/2015 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love this mascara. I initially got the sample size in a makeup set, and wound up liking it so much I got the full size.

I'm fortunate enough to have great eyelashes, mascara or not, but this specific brand and type gives my lashes just the right amount of extra WOW factor. The only downside I can think of is that it does tend to make your lashes kinda hard once it's applied..harder than other mascaras I've used..But maybe that's why they stay looking so nice throughout the day.

on 9/3/2015 11:58:00 PM

I purchased this awhile back and absolutely loved it. The packaging is sleek and high quality. The brush itself is PERFECT -- it has an oval tip on top of the mascara which is perfect for reaching the little inner lashes. Leaves my lashes long with no clumps (perfect for my Asian short and thin lashes). It gave me slight volume but not too much and it looked pretty natural. Recommend this to people looking for length but not volume. Overall a pretty good mascara

on 9/2/2015 4:55:00 AM

They're Real used to be my HG mascara couple of years back, it is still my go-to product of choice when I don't have any inspiration on what new mascara to try out.

Good things about this mascara is that it won't flake, chip or smudge at all. I happened to cry couple of times while wearing this (I mean just a coincidence) and it didn't run all over my face. I would say this is a good water-resistant product that will look good throughout a day or night.

The negative thing is - this is one of those mascaras that are hard to remove. I personally recommend using a make-up removing oil, as it is gentle and works best at getting rid of all the make-up bits.

Overall I believe this is a fairly good mascara, one of those staple ones on the market that does it job pretty well. It does define (never clump or stick the lashes), lenghten and perhaps volumize a little.

If you want to see the review on its newer blue colored version as well as swatches, feel free to check out this blog post here. Hope it helps somehow.!Makeup-Of-The-Month-Aug-15/cmbz/55d97fec0cf2174523e46870

on 9/1/2015 8:21:00 AM

I will start by saying that I think this mascara is MASSIVELY overrated.
When I first started using this mascara, I absolutely hated it! It was so wet that I couldn't do anything with it, and it would end up all over my face! Also it would smudge like hell all underneath my eyes.
I stopped using it, and went back to it a few months later when it had dried up a fair amount. This made it easier to apply, and it was OK. I just used it for the sake of using it up really. There are so many drugstore mascaras I would choose over this.
And also having used Benefit's Roller Lash, that one is a million times better than They're Real, so if you are looking at getting this one, I'd recommend getting Roller Lash instead. Or just go to the drugstore because there are a lot of amazing ones which well out perform They're Real.

on 8/31/2015 6:52:00 AM

Doesn't live up to the hype for me.

I'm always on the look out for the mascara Holy Grail: one that makes my lashes look longer, thicker and more like the sort batted by Thumper's girlfriend in Bambi. I was keen to try and seduced by an apparent superbrush that would reach all the stubby lash outliers that other mascaras couldn't. However the brush doesn't easily get to the short little lashes in the inner corner and for me the product doesn't apply all that well or easily.

Disappointed. I'll finish the tube but not buy again. The Grail quest remains unaccomplished!

on 8/27/2015 10:12:00 AM

I quite liked the brush to this mascara. I'm happy to spend alot on foundation, eyeshadows, lipsticks etc but with mascara I feel as though any will do the trick for me. I think I would rather buy 3 different cheaper types of mascaras with different brushes (one for volume, one to separate the lashes and one for length) then just buy this one product, which costs $40AU. With mascaras, you have to throw them out after roughly 3 months so i'm not sure if this is worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I hated this! I loved BadGal, and had high hopes for this. Meh. Didn't deliver on it's promises. My lashes are naturally long, but this made them clump like crazy, and actually made them shorter. Not a fan. Not a fan at all.

on 8/26/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd ummed and ahhed about this mascara for ages, and read all the reviews on before I thought "what the heck" and bought it. I am so glad I did. This is the best mascara I have ever used and I think I have tried them all over the years! I curl my lashes with an eyelash curler then apply two coats of mascara. One coat is great but two just adds to the definition (no clumping!) and it really makes your eyes stand out without looking overdone. It doesn't flake or smudge during the day and is easily removed with an oil based remover (I use baby oil!). The only downside is the price - 19.50 is a lot of money for a mascara, but honestly it is worth every penny for the WOW effect!

on 8/24/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Yes, it lengthens, yes it darkens, thickens, etc, the stuff delivers exactly what it promises. But I'm not gonna lie, I do NOT like the $25 price tag. :( You can get the same results form Maybelline Lash Sensational at less than half the cost. The one major con to this stuff is that it's HARD to remove! You need to use an oil based remover, wash your face and use your oil based remover again and it's not even water proof! So if you don't mind spending major $$$ and putting in work taking this stuff off, They're Real is for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials