Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 4/30/2014 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best mascara! I've always trusted Maybelline's makeup products, especially mascara. This works really well for me and it doesn't streak while I sweat. (I am a dancer and dance 30ish hours a week)
I love it! I have short eyelashes too and it makes me look like a baby doll. ☺️

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just used up my first tube of this mascara so I thought it would be appropriate to review it right about now!
I really liked this mascara, it was perfect for everyday wear. I think what I loved about it most was the brush... I found that using the fat side of the brush on the upper lashes and using the thin side on the bottom lashes works best (at least for me). The formula is not overly wet or dry, it's just a really nice consistency which means theres no trouble with smudging or anything like that when applying. The only thing I didn't really like about this mascara was that it wouldn't hold the curl in my lashes - but that may just be because of my lashes (I might try the waterproof version next time). Apart from that, this mascara is great and I would definitely repurchase it. But, then again, I haven't tried the original Falsies mascara so I might have to give that a go first and compare the two.
Overall, would recommend!

on 4/28/2014 8:47:00 PM

this was the first mascara that i considered my holy grail but after a few more mascaras i found more favs. i have this mascara in both waterproof and none waterproof. im gonna start with the waterproof one cuz i bought this one first. i bought it mainly so that i have a waterproof one. i planned on using it once in a while not all the time because waterproof mascara is a pain to remove but i fell in love with it that i actually finished the tube! this mascara has a tangy (orangy) scent thats not really noticeable once you have it on. it was a pain to remove since it was waterproof but it was worth it since it did not smudge or run on my very oily eyelids. the none waterproof on the other hand smudged a bit and had a different scent. it was wayyyyyy stronger florally scent and i wasnt a fan of it. it was easier to remove though. these two formulas has the same consistency and same performance. they both separated me lashes reallly well and gave me natural volume. the downside is that it did not really give me length whatsoever. i would repurchase this product when i want really natural lashes. hope my review helped! :)

on 4/24/2014 2:43:00 AM

Love this way better than the original falsies! My favorite mascara hands down, and I've tried many high end ones. Great quality for the price. Has definitely taken the place of my regular falsies.

on 4/20/2014 9:11:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used lord Jesus be my witness. It's buildable, it's volumizing it's lengthening, it's amazing.I went through 4 tubes, I haven't repurchased because I can't find it the flared in brown black just black but if they bring back brown black I will buy all the dang tubes they have.I totally recomend.

on 4/18/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I think this mascara is best used with another lengthening mascara, and perhaps also a primer. It does tend to flake a little, and smudges a tad, but this is still one of my favorite mascaras because it consistently delivers that over-the-top dolly eye look that I've dedicated my life to chasing.

on 4/5/2014 12:30:00 AM

i love this mascara, I've re bought it 3 times. I really love huge almost fake looking eyelashes. it holds the curl after i curl them pretty well and i put on a few layers without much clumping. It does flake a little after a few hours but not much. One of my all time favs.

Just stick with Big Eyes or Black Drama. This mascara sucks. Sorry to the people that are a fan of this product, but it just didn't work out.

on 3/9/2014 4:04:00 PM

I wasnt going to write a review until I saw a few others had the same problem, at first I thought mine was a defect. The mascara was clumpy and dried out, I couldnt even get one use out of it. It looked worse than my months old mascaras. Was as good as garbage.
Im sticking with Falsies Black Drama.

on 3/8/2014 1:52:00 PM

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I've bought TONS of different mascaras and this is the only one I've repurchased. I used to have an obsession with plastic/silicone type wands (think LashBlast) but the volume and length this mascara gives me is INSANE. It can have a tendency to be a bit thick and cause some clumping which is why I gave it a 4, but if you wipe off the wand, it works great. Definitely a fan.