Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

5 stars because it's a great product for the price. Creates lovely fanned out lashes, lasts a long time, love this stuff..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing lengthening mascara, does nothing for volume though which is disappointing xo.

on 6/10/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this product! I have been searching for a really good mascara for a while now and this has what I was looking for!

Although there is only one mascara brush, you can use the curved part to start off with (I've found this gives my eyelashes really good volume), then you can use the other side of the brush to separate the lashes and lengthen them (the brush took me a little while to get used to as it does bend slightly to allow all lashes to be covered).
I have found that a lot of other mascaras tend to cause my eyelashes to clump together, but not this one! It didn't run although it did flake ever so slightly once I'd wiped my eyes (however this was only a tiny amount - barely noticeable!).

Overall, I think this is a fabulous mascara, great quality for a great price - it really does give that false lash affect! (It also smells really nice too!) I would highly recommend this product!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Thank you Maybelline for once again making a volume mascara that I do not have to pay thru the nose for! I bought this at Walmart for 7.95. I've never tried "the FLARED" version, I've tried Black Drama (didn't really like the fibers), The Falsies (Reg) (got lots of length w/ that but not enough thickening) & the Falsies (Reg) WP (loved the look but could not get it off & my lashes felt like plastic). My cousin had beautiful eye-lashes the last time I saw her, I asked her what mascara she was wearing & she pulled out The Falsies Flared from her purse. I was so close to just getting my safe "Colossal" or to try (Colossal) "The Cat Eyes" today, but I've already got quite a few mascaras on the go, so just opted for this one. I'm glad I did. This is a volume mascara whereas the Falsies Reg I find to be more length. I need thickening mascara badly for my long but sparse lashes & def received it from Flared. My lashes are dramatic, black & lush. They're also very curled. I applied only 2 coats to get the look, but even w/ that many coats I've not felt any flaking. Only reason I take a lippie off is b/c the formula is extremely dry so I know this will be yet another 6 week mascara. That's ok tho, will re-purchase perhaps in WP when that time comes. This is a lot like Lancome Hypnose Drama to me but for a fraction of the price.
3.5 Rating***.5 UPDATE: Had it about a mo & just don't like the crunchy feeling & notice it flakes...Oh well, I guess I got what I paid for...Won't re-purchase Flared, perhaps the REG in future...I need to just buy COLOSSAL each time then I won't be disapointed lol, that lasts a full 3 months!

on 4/30/2014 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best mascara! I've always trusted Maybelline's makeup products, especially mascara. This works really well for me and it doesn't streak while I sweat. (I am a dancer and dance 30ish hours a week)
I love it! I have short eyelashes too and it makes me look like a baby doll. ☺️

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just used up my first tube of this mascara so I thought it would be appropriate to review it right about now!
I really liked this mascara, it was perfect for everyday wear. I think what I loved about it most was the brush... I found that using the fat side of the brush on the upper lashes and using the thin side on the bottom lashes works best (at least for me). The formula is not overly wet or dry, it's just a really nice consistency which means theres no trouble with smudging or anything like that when applying. The only thing I didn't really like about this mascara was that it wouldn't hold the curl in my lashes - but that may just be because of my lashes (I might try the waterproof version next time). Apart from that, this mascara is great and I would definitely repurchase it. But, then again, I haven't tried the original Falsies mascara so I might have to give that a go first and compare the two.
Overall, would recommend!

on 4/28/2014 8:47:00 PM

this was the first mascara that i considered my holy grail but after a few more mascaras i found more favs. i have this mascara in both waterproof and none waterproof. im gonna start with the waterproof one cuz i bought this one first. i bought it mainly so that i have a waterproof one. i planned on using it once in a while not all the time because waterproof mascara is a pain to remove but i fell in love with it that i actually finished the tube! this mascara has a tangy (orangy) scent thats not really noticeable once you have it on. it was a pain to remove since it was waterproof but it was worth it since it did not smudge or run on my very oily eyelids. the none waterproof on the other hand smudged a bit and had a different scent. it was wayyyyyy stronger florally scent and i wasnt a fan of it. it was easier to remove though. these two formulas has the same consistency and same performance. they both separated me lashes reallly well and gave me natural volume. the downside is that it did not really give me length whatsoever. i would repurchase this product when i want really natural lashes. hope my review helped! :)

on 4/24/2014 2:43:00 AM

Love this way better than the original falsies! My favorite mascara hands down, and I've tried many high end ones. Great quality for the price. Has definitely taken the place of my regular falsies.

on 4/20/2014 9:11:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used lord Jesus be my witness. It's buildable, it's volumizing it's lengthening, it's amazing.I went through 4 tubes, I haven't repurchased because I can't find it the flared in brown black just black but if they bring back brown black I will buy all the dang tubes they have.I totally recomend.

on 4/18/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I think this mascara is best used with another lengthening mascara, and perhaps also a primer. It does tend to flake a little, and smudges a tad, but this is still one of my favorite mascaras because it consistently delivers that over-the-top dolly eye look that I've dedicated my life to chasing.

Popular Mascaras