April 19, 2014 | 1922 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by koko47

Held a curl nicely and gave good definition... but I have oily lids, and sigh, there were little flakes and smudges after 2 hours. The hunt for the HG of mascara continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by KerBears

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd like this I like dept store mascaras w/o exception bought it on ref from sister. At 1st didn't like but it takes x and patience 2 get it right w this 1. Never found the clumping, flaking or wetness others did.... Read on pkg don't wait btwn coats may b the flaking reason 4 some who knows? I'm super picky w mascara.... Once I played w application noticed: def a cat eyes flared look ( this the new flared cat eyes n yellow&orange tube) ESP if concentrate more mascara outer eye. Never used on lower lashes wanted 2 keep cat eye look that wld hv bn weird IMO. Doesn't hv quite enuf volume4 what I'm used 2... That's ok. I'm 42 and read when u get older - massive volume looks ridic. This curls my lashes after using Tartes awesome curler so much that tips of lashes lv mascara on lids. Worth the $6. Holds curl all day looks good w liquid liner slightly winged up

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It just sucks so hard. The formula is thin yet chunky on my lashes, and the wand is floppy and difficult to maneuver. I don't normally have shaky hands but they always shook when I used this P.O.S. It's listed on Ulta's website for $6.99...thank god it was given to me for free. I would have been mad if I had paid for this garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I love this mascara! Something to try if you haven't yet

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Theanythara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love most of maybelline mascaras but so far this is one of my top favorite. It holds the curls well and makes my eyelashes look longer and thicker i love love this one highly recommend <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Roccarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute LOVE- this is without a doubt my HG mascara! I was blessed with naturally long lashes, so it's really easy for me to see if a mascara lives up to its claims or not. This is absolutely fabulous, I cannot tell you how many times I've been asked if I was wearing fake lashes while wearing this mascara. Since I've been working with it for so long, I've developed a technique while applying it. First, I take the 'spoon' shaped side and apply everywhere, then, focusing on the 'flare' of my lashes, I flip the wand over so it's a 'reverse spoon' shape and use the tip area of the wand to apply the product there until my outer lashes are noticeably flared; finally, with the wand still in 'reverse spoon' shape, I apply everywhere to give my lashes some luscious volume. I'm telling you, this baby works beautifully, you just need to know how to use it. Also, after seeing the reviews on how the formula is 'watery' and makes lashes 'clump', listen to this: Every time I purchase a new mascara, I always take the wand out and dab/wipe it onto a napkin to take the excess product off; I repeat this 2 to 4 times (since this is a more watery formula, I usually do it 4 times with this one). Doing this makes the formula more tacky when sticking to the wand and during application (no wetness! no clumps!). Since I've always done this process with every mascara I've newly purchased (thanks, Michelle Phan!), I've never experienced the wetness and clumping that people are referring to, so I'm certain that doing this would solve that problem! Give it another try if you didn't have a good experience with it, this mascara is fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nluu23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Long story short, I am not a fan of this mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I understand that mascaras work differently on people. I have medium length, naturally curly Asian eyelashes (I know, strange for my people).

One of the reasons why I do not like this mascara is because it clumps, it does a poor job of separating my lashes. Not really easy to layer either, dries too fast. This mascara also flakes rather quickly which is a shame, I'd rather not spend most of my day wiping under my eyes. For it being not waterproof, this mascara does not wash off easily. You definitely need to use eye makeup remover (I'm lazy, I like for my mascara to rinse off magically with warm water and plus, I hardly wear any other eye makeup).

I personally would not buy this again, but seems like there are quite a few fans of this mascara out there. And if it doesn't work for you, at least it will be a cheap mistake :).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by iloovelalu

I bought the waterproof version of this mascara.

I have medium to short asian lashes that are naturally uncurled so they require curl, volume and lengthening. Although the product did not live up to its claim to making my lashes appear like falsies, they were able to hold curl and provide beautiful lengthening and separation for at least 8 hours. Being oily, it was a near miracle that the mascara did not smudge on me. This mascara will also hold through bouts of tears as well.

The fatal flaw of this mascara is that the formula will dry out your lashes. After using this mascara nearly every day for four to five months, I experienced dry lashes that had a tendency to fall out- not pretty. After a short time without using this mascara, my lashes were fine again and I was able to use it.

This is highly recommended to all of the asian gals in the beauty community. This will not weigh down your lashes, and it lengthens and separates wonderfully! I've gotten compliments from my boyfriend on my eyelashes- always a good sign.

Lippies taken off from packaging because it's not super cute, and the mascara has a tendency to clump around the tip of the brush and the opening of the tube. Not a big thing, given that this mascara is cheap. Canadian friends, look around Shoppers or London Drugs! You can often find this on sale for $5.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by TheLovelyGlamor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Short and sweet: This mascara gives my eyelashes more volume and that extra oomf it needs, but it tends to smudge and can't hold a curl very well.
The Nitty Gritty: Maybelline has a knack for pumping out good mascaras with super cute packaging and lots of claims. Like the falsies claims to give you false-looking eyelashes and that's a pretty big claim. Now when I bought this I never expected it to give my lashes that falsies look, which it didn't, but it didn't make my lashes look pretty darn amazing. It makes them look long and volumized and just super pretty.
There's only a few things that this mascara falls short on.
This can't hold a curl. I think this has to do with the fact that this isn't the waterproof version, but it barely lifts my lashes at all. I don't mind this very much, but I do mind the fact that it smudges right at the outer corner of my eyes every single time I wear it. But I have pretty oily eyelids and pretty much every non-waterproof mascara I use does this on me.
And this isn't a good mascara for layering either, meaning this wouldn't be very good for using with another mascara, but I don't use this mascara to do that anyway so it's not a big deal for me.
Overall this mascara is great for people that just want those long and slighter thicker looking lashes that everybody wants. I would actually repurchase this, but I think I'll be checking out the waterproof version and see if it's any better at holding a curl and not smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by steph720

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Falsies Flared is my HG mascara. I have always used Lancome mascaras and really liked Hypnose and Hypnose Drama. The problem with Hypnose Drama is too much comes out and before it dries in gets on your eyelid above the lashline and below the bottom lashes. So it takes some effort to take off from around your eye once you put it on.

I tried Falsies flared on a whim....I usually only buy Prestige cosmetics. I was shocked and how incredible this mascara is. Just the right amount comes out on the brush as your applying it to your lashes. I usually use one coat, but when I want extra oomph I apply two coats.

I love this one so much that I have three Lancome Hypnose Dramas that I have gotten as gifts that are still unopened!