Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

4.4

Synthetic Taklon

on 7/24/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would actually give this 4.5 stars. Love the brushes. Super soft. Haven't had any bristles fall out. Only brush I don't really like is the blending brush. I was hoping it would be my favorite. It didn't blend out my shadow it more or less picked it up and kept it. Lol my ELF 1 dollar brush does a better job. Not that I can't find another use for it like for my under eyes for blending out concealer. I was just hoping it would work better. I actually like the shadow brush better for blending the shadow. All the other brushes are wonderful.

Amazing what a proper set of brushes can do for the eyes! I've always invested in brushes for all areas of my face, but seemed to always skimped on eyeshadow brushes. The crease and shadow brush make popping on colour and blending effortless. The brow brush is perfect for defining your brows, it picks up a lot of pigment. I like to use the fine liner brush as a lip brush and the smudgey brush for tightlining.

on 6/16/2014 9:50:00 AM

REVIEW FOR BROW BRUSH ONLY
I have tried the Mac 208 and Mac 263 with the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade with very bad results. This brush, though it it rather big, makes the application fool proof. Very good brush for this purpose.

on 6/10/2014 3:19:00 PM

Excellent brush collection!! The quality is so nice, and because the hair is synthetic, they won't fall of. I prefer these brushes over any, firstly because of the price...compared to other brushes - OMG. Second of all they blend beautifully, and you can use them for other purposes, such as concealer and maybe even cream highlighter. I use all of them nearly everyday, and could not be without. Lovely quality brushes:)

on 5/20/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Now let me start by saying I said no to buy it again because it you buy this set, you won't need to buy the same set again! I do really love the brushes BUT I think the set could be improved upon. The quality of these brushes is AMAZINGGG, and the price is even better! Under 20$ for 5 eye brushes of great quality is unbelievable! But I don’t think the ‘FINE LINER BRUSH’ is good for eyeliner, the name doesn’t suit the brush at all as it isn’t fine, and it is WAY too think. Real techniques does have a thinner/finer liner brush that should have been in the collection instead. So it’s pretty much useless. The brow brush I like for gel brows, however it is not precise at all, I’m sure if you use more of a mousse/cream brow product it will be more dramatic. I think they should have made it a bit smaller and thicker. The accent brush… I guess you can use it to smudge, but it is just TOO TINY! You can smudge with it, but you can’t go super smokey or anything like that. I find it too small to highlight brow-bone/inner corner of your eye. They should have made it bigger. The other 2 brushes I have nothing bad to say about they are great! Base shadow brush applies any powder shadow amazingly, super soft! Whether you want to pack something on for a bold look, or lightly swipe on some shadow. Deluxe crease I like for under-eye concealer, cream shadow, blender out foundation in smaller areas like around the nose. All in all I gave it a 4/5 for the overall quality. However some of the brushes I barely ever use. Those should probably be replace. But for a bigger I really recommend this and their face set!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these brushes, they are so soft and affordable. When they first came out i received this set as a christmas gift, and it really was my starter kit. A few years later i have many more brushes from several brands and these are still brushes i come back to, i especially love the brow brush and I've never felt a need to purchase another! Also the smaller detail brush is wonderful for putting shadow on my lower lash line or inner corner. The only brush I'm not really a fan off is the liner brush, which is thicker than the line's individually sold liner brush and WAY too thick. A nice winged liner is a go to for me and I'll sometimes go for a thick and pronounced line on my eye but even this liner brush is difficult to manage for the precision i want. Despite that, i still love these brushes and i would still recommend them! They're incredibly soft, and I've never had any issues with shedding. Plus they're an amazing price!

on 5/6/2014 9:42:00 AM

Out of the 5 brushes issued in this set, I use three - the accent brush, deluxe crease brush, and the base shadow brush. The other brushes serve little purpose for me. Occassionally I have used the angled eye brow brush but I find it too large and dense for my sparse, thin brows. All in all, not exactly cost effective. I don't wear eye shadow everyday so I suppose they are sufficient enough but nothing I'd write home about.

I can't get enough of these brushes I LOVE THEM!!

on 5/2/2014 6:06:00 PM

The packaging is cute especially the little stand for the brushes! The brushes are really soft~

on 4/29/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Awesome!
After reading and hearing a lot about those real techniques brushes i decided to give it a try, once i only had 2 MAC holiday brush sets (the stroke of midnight ones) and one flat foundation brush.
I must say it positively surprised me, the brushes are so soft, very easy to clean (i use MAC brush cleanser).
I cant tell if they shed with time or not because i only have them for like... a month, but the quality is very good, and the price is very very very good.
The only thing that i didnt like in this set was the brow brush.
Is too thick and the bristles too hard for a brow brush, the result on the brow is not so natural with them, i feel like as the brush is thicker, the product that you use (like powder shadow for the brows) doesnt penetrate in the brow the way they should.
So i much prefere the MAC one that i have. Softer and slim.
I didnt tested it for gel eyeliner, but i have the impression that its not good for it too, too thick.
Even with this con, i would buy this again.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products