December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile gentle eye make-up remover gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by diducdakitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually like this a lot. this is the first liquid eye makeup remover i bought (i usually use pads) and it was on sale for $5 from its original $12. so i decided to give it a try and it takes off all my eye makeup in one or two swipes~ i have really sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2006 4:12:00 AM More reviews by shantic

I echo countless previous reviews. This stuff stings, burns and left me with an awful break-out. My face felt raw and itchy for days after. Disappointing for a Body Shop product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 7:09:00 PM More reviews by schang2004

I bought this b/c it was cheaper than the Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover that I usually use. Overall it worked pretty well. Got my eye makeup off after a few swipes of my cotton pad. However, it stung my eyes. It's not unbearable but since it says it's "gentle" I would expect this to NOT sting my eyes. So, I'll stick to Kiehl's.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Larri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this stuff! it gets off every trace of my eyemakeup and doesnt leave an oily residue like the oil based removers do. i use this when i do a eyeliner line to thick or do a mistake i jst put a little bit on the end of a cotton tip and wipe the mistake away without having to restart! and it lasts AGES i brought it about a year ago and im still using the same bottle (i use it everyday!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very surprised at all the bad reviews of this as it is my HG eye make-up remover. I like a gel remover because I find that liquid ones run out too fast. This is very gentle and not irritating at all. I have bought countless tubes of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2005 10:14:00 AM More reviews by angmo

yes, this product will sting your eyes but it is nothing that I couldnt tolerate. However this product will gently and effectively remove the eyemakeup (plus mascara) without leaving the oily residue. I have to admit that there are better remover (ie sisley, chanel, lancome .. but these are too expensive for eyemakeup remover).. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Worst mistake ever of my makeup purchasing life...this sucks big time! I have used eye makeup removers before that stung if its accidentantly seeps into the eyes...but this takes the cake! It stung like hell as soon as I applied it to my skin! Gentle my foot! Will steer clear of Body Shop skincare from now on...nothing that i buy there for my face ever works!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lazytabbycat

it STUNG and did not take the make-up off!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2005 7:15:00 PM More reviews by utopia134

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EAWW.. burns like crazy. I think my eye makeup came off due to my tears!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by anvu80

I bought the big bottle 8.4 ounces of the non-gel formula because I was told that it was extremely gentle on your eyes by the sales associate. Boy was she WRONG! My eyes stung so badly when I first used it, it made my eyes water and it just was painful and uncomfortable. Not wanting to make a big deal, I didn't return the bottle and kept using it--after awhile I think my eyes got used to it and it ceased to sting. As an eye makeup remover, this does the job fairly well, although I do have to soak my cotton pad a couple of times to really remove everything. It is colorless, non-greasy and leaves the area feeling fresh (after the stinging stopped). Personally I wouldn't repurchase this since I found my HG of Shiseido instant eye and lip makeup remover...but this one is definitely more affordable for its price and size. I recommend those interested to ask the SA to try a sample, I know The Body Shop store that I normally shop at is very nice and generous when it comes to making samples for me to try their product beforehand. And...when I went in a couple of months after purchasing this and told them how it stung, the girl said I should have just taken it back and they would exhange for a different product. That's certainly something to keep in mind in the future! Maybe I will give the gel formula a try as well.