The Body Shop Chamomile gentle eye make-up remover gel

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I am using the liquid version of this, like many of the other reviewers on here...i've never even seen the gel one. Anyway, I think it deserves at least a chance...try a sample first. I have had no problems whatsoever with this product! It doesn't sting, makes my skin feel moisturized and refreshed and takes off ALL makeup! I will definitely buy it again, but given that SO many ladies have had problems, i think it's a safe bet that you should try it before you buy it. UPDATE:: after using this product for some time, and after having been introduced to Lancome's Bi-Facil, i realize that this product stinks. i'm decreasing my rating from 5 to 2 lippies. i don't know why i ever liked this - it stings the crap out of my eyes now and does NOT remove waterproof eye makeup even a little. i lost a lot of eyelashes scrubbing with this junk. i think before i was using non-waterproof when i first tried it. bi-facil is MUCH better.

on 1/15/2006 8:51:00 PM

I actually like this a lot. this is the first liquid eye makeup remover i bought (i usually use pads) and it was on sale for $5 from its original $12. so i decided to give it a try and it takes off all my eye makeup in one or two swipes~ i have really sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it.

on 1/8/2006 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I echo countless previous reviews. This stuff stings, burns and left me with an awful break-out. My face felt raw and itchy for days after. Disappointing for a Body Shop product.

on 10/6/2005 7:09:00 PM

I bought this b/c it was cheaper than the Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover that I usually use. Overall it worked pretty well. Got my eye makeup off after a few swipes of my cotton pad. However, it stung my eyes. It's not unbearable but since it says it's "gentle" I would expect this to NOT sting my eyes. So, I'll stick to Kiehl's.

on 9/16/2005 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love this stuff! it gets off every trace of my eyemakeup and doesnt leave an oily residue like the oil based removers do. i use this when i do a eyeliner line to thick or do a mistake i jst put a little bit on the end of a cotton tip and wipe the mistake away without having to restart! and it lasts AGES i brought it about a year ago and im still using the same bottle (i use it everyday!)

on 9/7/2005 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm very surprised at all the bad reviews of this as it is my HG eye make-up remover. I like a gel remover because I find that liquid ones run out too fast. This is very gentle and not irritating at all. I have bought countless tubes of this.

on 9/3/2005 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

yes, this product will sting your eyes but it is nothing that I couldnt tolerate. However this product will gently and effectively remove the eyemakeup (plus mascara) without leaving the oily residue. I have to admit that there are better remover (ie sisley, chanel, lancome .. but these are too expensive for eyemakeup remover).. Will buy again.

Worst mistake ever of my makeup purchasing life...this sucks big time! I have used eye makeup removers before that stung if its accidentantly seeps into the eyes...but this takes the cake! It stung like hell as soon as I applied it to my skin! Gentle my foot! Will steer clear of Body Shop skincare from now on...nothing that i buy there for my face ever works!

on 3/20/2005 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it STUNG and did not take the make-up off!!

on 2/28/2005 7:15:00 PM

EAWW.. burns like crazy. I think my eye makeup came off due to my tears!!