Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 6/26/2014 9:42:00 PM

No, no, no. I use Neutrogena's oil free acne wash and bought this as a replacement. This cleanser is terribly drying and I have acne-prone aging skin. I think this product might be acceptable for the oiliest or as a body wash for bacne.

on 6/19/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is amazing. It leaves skin smooth and soft after using it, and the smell is a great fresh scent.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am writing this review after my first use, which may seem odd, but keep reading and you'll see why.
My skin is oily/combination and prone to mild acne. After removing my make-up lastnight, I continued with this, instead of my usual cleansing scrub. I then moisturised as usual and went to sleep. Low and behold, in the morning, my skin felt tight all over, and even painful in some areas. And I always wake up with slightly oily-comfortable skin. I decided to put some of my day cream on my face to soothe it quickly, and it literally felt like my skin was absolutely gagging for the cream, and I had to reapply. This never happens to my oily skin. It is my opinion that this product is really not kind to skin and is to be used with caution. I will never use this again as a face wash.
However all is not lost, because I think this will work well as a spot treatment, to dry out active blemishes. I may also use this on certain parts of my body, like my back.
I wouldn't repurchase this and wouldnt recommend this to anyone.

on 1/24/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Aveeno's Clear Complexion moisturizer for over a year now and love it. So I wanted a face wash to pair it with. This just didn't work, at all. My face did NOT feel clean at all. The foam just sort of disappears and you can't get a good wash. Also, very drying. And to make matters worse- the pump broke. And once that pump is broke you are S.O.L! $8 down the drain, literally. No thanks. I prefer creamy thick cleansers than foaming ones. On a (good) side note: I do love the scent of the whole clear complexion line.

on 1/24/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been reading comments on it drying skin, it's suspose to be used with the matching moisturizer, without it if your skin is sensitive like mine it will dry it out. It also has SA in the moisturizer. I'd recommend once you wash your face pat it dry and put the moisturizer as soon as possible. Over all this product works well I have never found anything that completely clears my skin since I have a lot of small blackheads. I would recommend it as long as you have the moisterizer.

on 1/23/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this every night and most mornings and I really see no difference in my skin. It doesn't feel any cleaner after using and doesn't prevent any of my breakouts. I think it does help a little once I actually breakout, but really not impressed. The only nice thing is when you rub it on your face it doesn't disappear like a lot of foam cleansers do. Will use until runs out because it doesn't break me out, but definitely will not repurchase or recommend.

on 1/5/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the only thing that makes my skin soft, clean and even. I've been walking pass this product for years trying expensive brands and harsh treatments when it was right in my drug store... who would have thought??!? I will differently recommend this product and will be using this from now on.

THIS IS MY CLEANSER! I have been on the hunt for so long for a cleanser that would not break out my combination skin or overdry it in the winter.....this is it!!! I love the fact that it is a foaming cleanser, pump, has a cap, and is effective! it has cleared up my skin and I really believe it has also evened out the tone. It is not the best at removing eye makeup but I can live with that. This cleanser is a godsend for me.....after only a week of using it I noticed a difference in my skin's appearance, and it continues to look great as I use it. The pump does tend to stick down so I took a lippie off for that, but given how small the bottle is, it goes a long way. I have been using it for a while and am still finishing up my first bottle. This cleanser is my new HG!

on 11/27/2013 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product burned my face. My skin was red, sore and just very tender feeling after using. I do not have sensitivity to SA so it must be a reaction to another ingredient. The positives about this is it's a great value, removes makeup easily an foams up really nicely. Too bad it burnt my skin!

on 11/12/2013 9:54:00 AM

So first off I would like to say this face wash is not for everyone. I previously changed up my facial care routine due to the amount of money my previous cleanser cost. My previous cleanser was roughly $40 and considering I only paid about $8 for this I was a happy camper. First time I tried it I absolutely loved it, as I am a fan of aveeno products! The foam did a great job at cleaning my skin, leaving it smooth and touchable. After just three days of using this cleanser, I noticed my skin was getting very dry and believe it or not I now have blisters and burns all over my face. I immediately stopped using this cleanser and went to see my doctor to get a topical cream to soothe it, which hasn't helped very much as of today. I am really disappointed because I wanted to love this product! The packaging, price, and scent were nice but unfortunately, this cleanser did not like me at all. I have oily skin that is prone to acne and VERY sensitive and I am afraid to say I will be switching back to my expensive cleanser. If you notice your skin drying out due to this cleanser, I recommend you stop using it before it turns into something worse.