October 21, 2014 | 860 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ughh this stuff definitely dries my very oily skin out, and this causes breakouts for me. i dont know if i broke out from the drying or from irritation from an ingredient or the strong fragrance. either way it sucks and ive tried it enough times to be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by jessicababebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I have ever owned. Granted, my skin has changed over the years and this may not have worked for me when I had more serious acne problems a few years back. But right now it is working wonders. I was using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil line for a while, and they were working alright. However, my skin was starting to break out a lot around my forehead, and then spreading to my cheeks. I was worried and I thought maybe the tea tree line wasn't going to do the job. I did some research and found that Aveeno Clear Complexion had received very positive reviews. I bought this and the moisturizer and my skin cleared up within a few days. Where it was always very oily in the past, my skin has looked matte throughout the day. It was irritated and red before now it looks calm. I don't even need to use foundation, just a dab of concealer and my skin looked great. It's fantastic! It also removes all my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by shells258

This product is AHHHHmazing.
I never tried aveno products and this was my first one. I used to use the clinique foaming cleanser, i liked that one too but this is a great dupe. I have tried a bajillion cleansers, this is my favorite. For those ladies out there who are skeptical, i hear ya.. been there,but im telling you GET IT will make your skin soft and refreshed. The packaging makes me oh so happy too.
Its affordable, Jennifer Aniston supports aveno :) its good for people with oily skin/combination/acne.
All around amazing product. I HIGHLY recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by queenboakye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really thought that this would work! the first day, I used this, my pimples all went away! the second day, then i started developing little bumbs all over my face. As soon as i saw them, i put water on my face. NO progress. Then i put cocoa butter on my face and it toned down. i do not recommend this product at all, considering that i have normal skin.iF YOU EVER GET THESE RASHES, USE COCOA BUTTER!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

Its okay... Doesn't break me out doesnt help a ton.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Chelseaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this with my clarisonic and it has done an amazing job to clear my acne, although I do get an occasional breakout around my cycle I can really see the results. Only bad part is at times I feel like it will work and then it just stops. I always try something new and end up going back to this. Overall it is a good cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I posted the ingredients up above (which I got from Amazon) and it's not exactly ALL natural:/ It looks like it has plenty of chemicals to break you out, though you'd have to look them up, or find out for yourself whether these do.

Even if a product were all natural, you could get breakouts from it. A lot of people apparently get breakouts from coconut oil, for instance. (I don't, even if I slather on my acne-prone face.)

I posted both because it worries me when people assume that all natural won't do anything bad, and because it Really bugs me when a product promotes itself as all natural, as the Aveeno does, while not even being close.

It may be a good product anyway. I gave it a 3 only because MU won't let me post without rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Yewy20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser!! I don't know why people are having breakouts from this product when the ingredients are all NATURAL!!! I have tried every other cleanser and i can tell you this has been good to my skin without overdrying my acne-prone sensitive skin. I'm not sure it has helped to keep my acne off since i use other products for exfoliation and toners, so I don't think aveeno is responsible for that. But it helps that i don't have to worry about a facial cleanser than can clean my pores without breaking me out and overdrying it.

I use one pump to wash in the morning and at night to get off my makeup and then put another pea size on my facial brush and then scrub my face- you'll be surprised how much makeup residue you can still get out of your pores, the head brush and soap scum turns brown which means my pores are still dirty from using makeup earlier in the day.

This cleanser is gentle and gets the job done but don't think one pump will clean your pores inside out without the help of a facial brush

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

All I can say is I've never had acne this bad. The first couple days it was okay but a few weeks later my skin is painful and broken out worse than ever. I have many painful cysts, if you have acne prone skin I recommend you DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I don't understand how it gets good reviews, I mean I guess it's because everyone's skin is different but still it's absolutely awful

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by bigbang512

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Broke me out. All I have to say. Ugh.