August 28, 2014 | 1947 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I was going to wait a while before reviewing this, as I am recovering from a major breakout. I bought this lotion after watching a ton of reviews on YouTube. I only use this on my face once a day or every other day because it is thick. I did find a cystic lump on my chin and don't know if it is because of my lotion. I have been washing with the Cetaphil Cleanswer Normal to Oily, toning with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and then using the lotion. I decided to scale back my routine after this last breakout because I think bombing my face with salicylic acid is what caused it. I don't think I will purchase the lotion for my face but it has felt good during this winter months. I will review this again in a couple of weeks…I just want people to be aware that if you do use it on your face, or use this routine…there may be some purging going on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is my holy grail lotion. I have pretty sensitive skin and will sometimes get a rash when my skin doesn't agree with a product, but this lotion is amazing. I use it as a moisturizer, on my legs after shaving, on my arms when I get itchy red patches, and it's equally amazing everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I started using this as I noticed that my skin was getting really dry - I had dark patches around my chin and neck. I had tried other creams (e45, dermaskin etc just basic creams) but they did not work. However, I noticed a difference with Cetaphil straight away. Felt like it really went 'into' my skin and didn't at all feel harsh, but felt like it was exactly what my skin needed! My skin feels moisturised all day. Smells fine, goes on great.

The only thing I would add is that I have been using this for five months..and I have noticed that the lotion at times can feel greasy and just takes a long time to sink in. So, I now only use this product at night - which works perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by NatashaTheodora

AWESOME MOISTURIZER! I have a pretty normal skin. It can be a little oily at Summer but it can be very dry at Winter. I don't have problematic skin, just a few acne here and there when it is that time of the month.

This moisturizer can be a little greasy for oily skin so I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin. But for people with normal to dry skin, this product works wonder!

My face never felt so smooth and looked so healthy, glowing, and beautiful! I use this product day and night (along with the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser). At day I use it on top of my lightweight sunscreen, and at night I use it on top of my face serum. It's an amazing product. Definitely will repurchase. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kcc1024

After using Simple brand moisturizer for months, and being totally perplexed as to why my skin would burn and be beet red after moisturizing for HOURS I decided that maybe the so called "sensitive skin experts" weren't so sensitive! I ditched the Simple and pulled out my old tried and true Cetaphil, and in one week, my skin is so much softer and calmer, not red, and less breakouts too. I use Tazorac, and the Cetaphil pairs so well with it. Definitely calms irritation a TON. I've also been mixing the Cetaphil with the Taz (apply Cetaphil to clean face, wait an hour, mix half Taz half Cetaphil in my clean palm, spread all over face) and this has been helping immensely with dry Tazorac skin. And it spreads wayy easier so I don't have to use so much of the expensive Tazorac. I wake up to soft skin that isn't red for the first time in probably close to a year. Also a good moisturizer if you are eczema prone, which I am!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Crystalmc09

This lotion makes your face look beautiful, very smooth and even (if glycerin doesn't break you out). I wanted this to work so bad, I used this while I was using benzoyl peroxide to get rid of my crazy break outs. But it just made it worse... I used it on my body, and while I NEVER get zits on my body, I got a couple on my chest the day after. Very sad about this. I stopped using any lotion and all cleaners, just use water and a rag gently to clean my face, and boy is it clearing up FAST! Take fish oil to keep your face moistured from within and prevent acne and aging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Narieh14

This moisturiser is great to go under makeup or at night... I use it on my face and it doesn't get greasy. I ran out of body butter one day and this stuff works just as well on your legs!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SalMano

I never, ever write reviews for products, but this lotion stood out. I've finally managed to get my acne prone skin under control after a long, frustrating struggle. I am using some fairly drying products (like a retinoids) and my Aveeno moisturizer was not cutting it this winter. My face was too dry to hold makeup and even though it was finally acne free, the texture looked dry and rough. I went for Cetaphil which I now love! I put it on morning and night right after washing my face and give myself a little facial massage with it in the evenings.

I am extremely, extremely careful about what I put on my face but I have had absolutely no acne problems from this.

It does give your skin a little glow (some may call it shine) throughout the day. But I don't mind that, especially in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by wendyxo

i love this lotion! i use this daily after a shower and it keeps my body hydrated throughout the day. it is also fast absorbing and non greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

This product is truly a godsend. This is my HG moisturiser for sure. I'm very clog and acne-prone and this lotion, no matter how much i put, will not cause any breakouts.
It's very soothing, and calming and very hydrating with making your skin overly shiny or feeling tacky.
It's a safe product, no parabens or anything like that and contains nourishing macadamia nut oil.
It's not runny and not too thick, so the perfect consistency and it's fragrance-free which is great as fragrance is the number 1 skin irritant.

So, i just take half a coin size worth of lotion and rub it in between my fingers to warm it up a bit, then apply it on your skin in GENTLE circular movements to get your blood flowing. It's gentle enough to bring all the way to your eyes.
When i'm feeling extra-dry or it's nighttime, i add a bit of avocado oil and mix it together OR just apply another layer and damn you've got nice, glowy skin.

This is a cheap product for what it does. It's a superior no-frills, basic moisturizer that will forever have a place in my skincare routine :)