December 18, 2014 | 1649 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Shony101

I have oily-combination skin and wouldn't normally go for a product like this but this winter my face became extremely dry so I decided to get a more moisturising lotion. After hearing so many good reviews about cetaphil I decided this product was the way to go and boy was I wrong. This stuff gave me clusters of super painful pimples in places I've never had problems before (cheeks and chin) that I'm still battling to get rid of. My forehead became covered in tiny little bumps which I also can't get rid of. It's been almost two months since I used this and I still can't get my skin back to how it used to be. Will defiantly not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-fragrance free
-very moisturizing
-very affordable and you get a very generous amount for the price. 11 dollars for 16 oz is great
-easy to find, walgreens, cvs, kmart, walmart, rite aid ect.

CONS:
-clogged my pores and gave me some cystic breakouts on my cheeks. pretty painful and i'm still trying to get them cleared up
-it feels very greasy to me, i always feel like my pillow cases are sticking to my face and it doesn't feel like it absorbs into my skin. Dry or normal skins would probably love it, but my oily-combo skin didn't, even though this is meant for all skin types.
-i tried this one thinking it would be lighter than the daily advance moisturizer which was also too rich but i didn't find much of a difference between the two. I think they should make one for oily/acne prone people!
-doesnt do well under makeup. makes my foundation and primer very hard to blend and work with and I feel like my face got even oilier throughout the day.

All in all I won't be using this on my face ever again but I think it could work nicely as a body moisturizer. Cetaphil is supposed to be a good brand for problematic skin and my own dermatologist recommended it to be as well but this wasnt the right face moisturizer for me. I personally prefer Cerave's moistuzer over this one because it's lighter and not greasy. Everyone's skin is different so it might work for you but I wasn't too impressed.Sorry!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jinitakalaiya

I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I decided to use this product due to the pharmacist at Boots preferring this over Vichy. I totally regret buying it! Broke me out after 2 days of using it. I got large cystic acne which stopped when I was on tertacyclin. My spots are large, red, hard and really painful :( Stopped using it immediately and just using homemade remedies to calm my poor skin....It leaves the skin feeling oily and heavy. Clogged my pores and too thick as a facial moisturiser. Wouldn't buy the product ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by krose03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get really bad eczema in the winter and summer when conditions can get extreme and this moisturizer works wonders for me. I buy the round tub of it and it lasts forever. Usually moisturizers make my eczema worse or don't help at all but this didn't irritate it and it gradually started to let up and now I can finally say I haven't struggled with it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this for someone with dry skin problems it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combo/oily skin. I cannot use this product on my face because it makes me break out. So I use this for my dry patches on my body (elbows and knees).

I wouldn't repurchase this because I prefer other lotions for my body.

EDIT: I would repurchase this lotion to use for my body. The weather has been so goddamn hot in my state (Hawaii) and this lotion is awesome to use after the shower. It is non greasy and soaks into the skin quickly without feeling thick or slimy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by daniellecwz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. It is affordable with a large amount of product that will last you a while and simple but it works very well. It keeps my body smooth, soft, and i've had dry bumps on my upper arms for years but after using this lotion, the bumps went away and my arms are left very smooth. It got greasy when i tried using it on my combination skin face but it works well on my body.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by KammSnow13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It broke me out! And after applying it my skin becomes super greasy and oily. It does have good hydration. I wouldn't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being on the acne.org regimine dried me out horribly, so this was helpful during the horrid hellfire phase of that skin care routine. After my face started calming down a bit, I found that I had to cut back the use of it on my face, as I noticed small breakouts on my jawline. I started using this just as a body lotion and for that, it is AWESOME. If I use something with fragrance and all the other nasty ingredients, my skin gets really irritated and splotchy. This leaves my skin nice and smooth and there is absolutely no irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok let me fill you in on my skin history.
I have tried so many skincare products. You name it I've tried it. I broke out really badly about a year ago and my skin has been terrible since. I was looking here on MUA and I found Cetaphil. It was raved about, so I went down to my local chemist and bought a pack with the Oily Skin Cleanser, this moisutrizer and Benzac AC 2.5% gel.
I went home and tried this out before I went to bed. It was nice. Absorbed after about 30 seconds. Not a very strong smell which is great.
Now, a month and a bit later, my skin has never looked better! It's incredible! Keep in mind that I had huge blind pimples all over my cheeks, terrible scarring and blackheads all over my forehead and chin.
My skin now is so smooth, I barely ever get pimples now (apart from when I am on my period, thanks hormones!)
It wasn't just the moisturizer that cleared my skin (it was also the Oily Skin Cleanser and the Benzac AC 2.5% gel), but this helped. It's cheap (compared to other brands) and it really works!
Good product, Cetaphil!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by elijes

Great no frills moisturizer! I tend to only wear it at night as it does leave a greasy film on my skin, but I never wake up with dry patches.