October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is one of the nicer mascaras out there. I hate most mascara I come into contact with because of the application method, flaking, clumping, etc. So when I found this mascara, I was quite happy. This mascara reminds me of my Korres Volcanic Minerals Voluminizing Mascara. It has a natural scent and it applies well without clumping. It adds more volume than it does length, but I am okay with that. It bulks up the lashes nicely as well. It is a deep black and did not flake throughout the day. If I had to register a complaint, it would be that the packaging is very bulky, which makes it a bit awkward to take with you for touch ups. Other than that, I would recommend this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by amarock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a decent mascara especially after about a week into use - the formula gets dried out just enough to make it more usable. However, it continues to dry out rather quickly after opening. I used this for about a month before I had to throw it out because it was getting dry and clumpy on my lashes. The wand is quite nice - it is a traditional bristle style with shorter bristles that reaches all the shorter lashes. Of course the wooden tube is interesting but doesn't add much to the overall function of the mascara (in fact, it makes the tube rather bulky). The formula is good in all the key areas: lengthens well, provides good volume, doesn't droop my lashes, and holds up well through the day (although I did experience a bit of smudging on my lower lash line) - but it wasn't exceptional in any of these areas. I still much prefer my CoverGirl LashBlast to deliver budge-proof full fluttery lashes when I need something I could trust. This is an average mascara in a fancy wooden tube. I got the full size of this mascara in a kit I purchased from Sephora so price-wise, it worked out well, but I wouldn't pay full price for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Costumiere77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so sensitive, in so many ways... including my lash line. My makeup drawer is a sad ghetto of rejected mascaras I can't bring myself to throw away because I feel guilty. It's not them, it's me.

BUT THIS!!! This works. It is not waterproof, but it apparently did not need to be. I wore it yesterday in my swampy central Alabama weather and the poorly controlled climate of the office (AC blows so hard we all look like we're modeling in the 80s) and it stayed! No flakes, minimal transfer to under eye that was easily smoothed away with a tissue- and I could have gotten away without even doing that and just slinked around the building pretending to be Carine Roitfeld. A very chubby Carine Roitfeld... but slinky and smoky-eyed nonetheless.

I have naturally long and thick lashes, however light brown colored, and am not looking for "near falsies" glamour. Just something to darken and style. If you are going for the full Kardashian, this will not make you happy. If you just want people to stop asking, "Are you ok? You feeling ok?" because your eyes look small and tired without some darkening around the edges, this is it!

No irritation, no melodramatic eye watering, nice color, lashes feel comfortable. I am so happy I could cry, AND NOW I CAN.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Nat360

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I wasn't a fan of mascara at all till I received this in a sample kit I bought from saphora. It's meant for every day wear as oppose to dramatic night wear. It lifted and separated but it didn't make my lashes look dramatic or anything. Big selling point to me is that it never flakes and I feel like I'm wearing nothing. I will be repurchasing again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of Tarte mascara from Sephora. It does a great job of adding volume, and it separates well. It's not clumpy even after a few coats. The only thing that it didn't do was add length which I really need. I have very short lashes :(

This mascara was easy to apply with a nice size and shape brush (not too big or small). It lasts well throughout the day without smudging.

I would probably repurchase if it did a better job of adding length. Otherwise this is a very good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

I am in love with this mascara!!! It is my holy grail, it leaves my lashes looking beatiful, long, voluptuous and amazing. I first got this in a sample size from Sephora and just fell in love with it and purchased the full sized product. The formula is perfect, does not clump up or flake off; my lashes remain looking full and long all day without any touching up. I personally think it's better than Benefit's They're Real! mascara, which is another favorite of mine. Besides the amazing product, the packaging is super cute too! I recommend this to anyone who wants sexy, full eyelashes, you won't be disappointed :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara "instinctively treats your unique lash concerns- working overtime to keep lashes hydrated, intact, healthier, and stronger, while delivering the appearance of voluminous lashes. The Amazonian clay makes this the first and only “smart” mascara that intuitively finds and treats your unique lash concerns, delivering the benefits you need and volume you desire. The Amazonian clay instinctively lengthens, conditions, repairs and replenishes dry and brittle lashes. This mascara works overtime to keep lashes intact, healthier, and stronger by preventing lash loss and promoting lash health." Look Tarte, I really like your products and your customer service, but I got a problem with you claiming that an inanimate substance has "instincts" or "intuition". Like all Tarte products, this mascara is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, gluten, triclosan, phthalates, and sodium lauryl sulfate." I got a 5ml (.16 oz) tube of the Gifted mascara in Tarte's High Performance Naturals kit, which I purchased at Sephora for $12. The full size contains 7ml (.24 oz) and retails for $19. Tarte products can be bought through the brand's website, at Sephora and Ulta, and are frequently featured on QVC. This mascara was made in Italy. Tarte is cruelty free.
Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara has interesting packaging. The tube is wood. Weird, but cool and totally in line with Tarte's sustainable brand philosophy. An intricate design encircles the cap. The brand logo and product name are printed on the tube in dark brown lettering. Gifted's brush isn't anything special, but for some reason I love it. Its a plain, traditional bristled spoolie that tapers at the tip ever so slightly. The brush is about an inch long with an average girth. I find Tarte's mascara want really easy to work with.
Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara is kinda fantastic, its my new favorite. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that everything about Tarte's Gifted mascara is perfect. The formula leans a little bit on the drier side, which I prefer. This mascara is clump free and feels very lightweight on the lashes. Gifted adds a natural amount of length with volume at the base and separation at the tips. Tarte's Amazonian Clay mascara lifts the lashes beautifully and is pretty good for holding a curl. This mascara isn't listed as waterproof, but it performs like one. I've never had one smudge or flake while wearing Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. This has become my new go-to mascara for work because it holds up for 8-10 hours in a hot, sweaty, greasy kitchen. Even though this mascara powers through even the most moist and unpleasant conditions, its super easy to remove with just water and a little bit of cleanser or makeup remover.
All I can say is wow. Have I found the most perfect mascara? I think so! I seriously can't think of one think I don't love about Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. The packaging is neat, and the results and wear are flawless. I'm in love with this mascara, I may even shell out the $19 for the full size (though I cringe at the thought of spending that much on mascara). If you're going to try one high end mascara, make it Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by albs

I love Tarte mascaras in general. They are my favourite but I seldom purchase high end mascaras because they have such a short shelf life. Tarte mascaras are the only ones I've tried so far that are worth it, though I still don't buy them habitually. It makes using one quite the treat. I love this mascara for the long, thick, defined, fluttery lashes I get. It's perfection, everything I could want in a mascara. It does not flake but washes off easily at the end of the day. I like the seemingly good-for-you ingredients too, it's nice that they seem to try and keep some of the yuckier ingredients out. The packaging is lovely too. One of the best aspects of the product is the brush. It's a natural bristle brush and it grabs every lash and coats it with product so you get really great definition and length that way. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Expensive for a mascara but...has amazing staying power and didn't give me raccoon eyes (I have oily under eyes). Bought as part of a set, this was a very pleasant surprise for an expensive mascara. Darkened my lashes nicely. Applicator was a little goopy but a quick wipe with a tissue took care of that. Will definitely consider a repurchase when I have some extra cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This mascara is incredible if you're looking for length, healthy volume, and definition. Having tried both Lights, Camera, Lashes and this one, I cannot choose which one I liked best. The con to Lights, Camera, Lashes is that it can flake if you have lashes that hit your cheekbones and it can sometimes clump. The con to this is that it's curl holding abilities are sadly lacking. I prefer Lights, Camera, Lashes' curl holding abilities, but I prefer Gifted's unbeatable length. This one also flakes if your lashes hit your brow/cheekbone when you look down or up. For reference, I have average length, straight lashes that are black naturally. This mascara also goes down in my top 5 favourites.