Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 12/3/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, my holy grail mascara! You guys will not be disappointed. I just cant say enough good things about it. It works so beautifully! It adds so much length and volume at the same time and does not clump. At a first glance at the brush, i didnt think it would work as well as it did, and o boy was i surprised. My lashes are thick, dark, perfectly separated and long! Amazing mascara and is definitely worth the money!!!

on 10/26/2014 4:43:00 AM

Wonderful mascara!! Gives my lashes serious volume, length, lift and tints them deeply black, without clumping at all. And last but not least: It doesnīt flake, doesnīt smudge - it seriously lasts ALL day! The only negative point I have: It dried out quite quickly, which is a pity. Thatīs the reason I only give 4 lippies. I will definitely buy again.

on 10/26/2014 1:43:00 AM

Very nice mascara. Definitly gives volume without the clumping.

on 10/13/2014 4:31:00 PM

Good for creating thick, long lashes. Holds up well to all day wear without smearing or irritating my eyes! Cute packaging..a bit expensive considering mascara is only good for 6 months though

on 8/18/2014 11:42:00 PM

My favorite mascara!! And I've tried them ALL. This one allows you to build multiple coats, and applies smoothly and evenly over every lash. Lengthens and thickens. And absolutely does NOT flake or smudge. You can apply lightly for a daytime look, or the multiple coats for a fake eyelash appearing evening look.

on 8/13/2014 9:17:00 PM

This stuff was just decent but you will get the same (if not better) results with a drug store mascara! not worth the money at all. tube is stupidly huge haha

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wasn't a huge fan of this. I didn't hate it enough to throw it out or anything, but couldn't wait to replace it with something else. I absolutely love every single Tarte product I've ever used, except this one. The formula is dry-ish and barely coats my lashes even after 2 applications. Since so many applications is needed to achieve even a minimalistic look, obviously my lashes clump up during the process! I did like how it made my bottom lashes look for some reason, and the packaging is adorable. Definitely not running out to buy more but am open to other Tarte mascaras in the future! I'd probably give this away if I got a sample of this or it came in a set (like this one did).

on 7/30/2014 7:07:00 PM

I really, really like this mascara. As stated before, the bamboo tube is adorable and not terribly cumbersome to handle, and the formula thickens really well and lengthens slightly. What really made up my mind on purchasing this mascara again has to do with the fact that it does not clump on my lashes, nor does it leave soot on my lids as the muggy NY summer grinds on. Virtually every other mascara I've used, both high end and drugstore would migrate in the heat, leaving me with raccoon eyes. Not Amazonian Clay. It loses a star overall for price and for me, difficulty of removal. Soap and water doesn't touch it- you will need an oil based remover to clean this off of your lashes.

on 7/29/2014 10:50:00 AM

I didn't purchase this mascara, I received a sample size in Sephora's 500 point perk Tarte package.

pros:
- packaging is cute. the bamboo-esque tube is charming
- the wand is straight and simple. no curves or anything. sometimes, the simpler the better
- the amount of product that comes out is perfect, almost to a minimum which I like. There is ZERO excess product that comes out that you have to wipe off. Good on ya Tarte! this is a major plus.
- I don't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day with this mascara

cons:
- doesn't hold my lashes' curl
- doesn't give a lot of volume to my curls which I usually like. the effect i get is a very natural, clean look with this mascara. I don't get spider lashes with clumps in it. so i use this when i don't want to wear much makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! I already have long lashes, but I find that it makes them even longer while separating without making them clump. I really do love it! I recommend!