November 1, 2014 | 1066 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have been using this serum for a 3 months now, and I think I can safely say it doesnt really have much of an effect for me. It does make the skin feel softer and smoother, and works well for the oily parts of my face (doesn't make it break out or oilier).My problem areas has always been my chin (darker tone) and my cheeks (red and splotchy). There is definitely a visible difference in the redness of my cheeks but it has not helped me with my uneven skin tone on my chin (darker tone than rest of the face). A mediocre product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about this. Does not even skintone. However it is good for people with dry skin, it makes skin feel smooth soft and hydrated. would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Nickydfg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi. any people that say any of the EL treatments make u 'break out' are not reviewing ur EL product. As per EL's site all off their products are non-acnegenic and will not cause any type of inflammation. U should check out what else u r using or find a separate acne treatment for your 'troubled' skin. Check EL's website for info. Do ur research.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this product. what a waste of money. it had so much silicone in it, no wonder it's only good enough to be used as a primer. I see no difference with skin tone or pores after using this. it has a lot of that mica crap in it and cause my skin to flare up with some acne. stay away from this product if you have oily skin. their advanced night repair serum is better and actually works to fade my acne scars and maintain clearer smoother looking skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

This is a great primer, but, any actual skin benefits? I don't think so. Kiehls Corrective Serum is equally good as a primer and actually has enough vitamin c to make some sort of difference not to mention it's cheaper! I think if you want an estee lauder serum you can't go wrong with advanced night repair. It's my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by LissCalder

This product is AMAZING. I've only used it for about 2 weeks and already seeing results. And I'm honestly saying this too. I've had face scar problems my whole teen life and this works. I can't wait to see the results when I'm done with the bottle. It is pricey but it's worth what it does.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I bought this with the intention that it would help with my minimal acne scarring and also help even out my skintone. this did neither. it was a very luxe bottle and felt nice when i put it on my skin, but didn't help at all with skin tone, evenness, pores or anything really. I noticed very little for my skin and at NZ$140 this is quite expensive. i'm also certain that it broke me out a little bit, not too major but still not the best thing. the texture of it was very nice however. this is saddening because i usually love estee lauder products!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by silverleo

THE PRODUCT BURNED MY SKIN.... I HEARD SOMEWHERE IT HAD SOME KIND OF FRUITS... THE FRUITS WAS NOT GOOD. STAY AWAY

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by kimmykim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I believe this should mainly be used by people with young skin or those who are already blessed with good skin? To me this seems more like something to illuminate your "already good skin", to give you that extra "oomph" for everyday use and to help even out any LIGHT spots/blemishes. Do not expect any miracles to cure or remove any spots, you will definitely need something stronger for that. I have freckles so will not repurchase. This product also has a really nice scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Things I have learnt. Makeup is about perception. If you think it works it works..if not it doesnt. Also dark circles, uneven skin tone etc etc...usually clears up when your insides are clean (if not genetic) and lifestyle.
HOWEVER makeup does lift - our faces and our spirits.

anyway back to the review. Glad to say I bought a small sample size same price as a packet of biscuits. In HK they dont give you anything free, rather "sell" the samples. No biggie.

I like the "illumination" .I can see where the shimmer ? sparkles ? shiny bits ? hits the light and bounces off my face. Gold-y colour for my NC42-43 skin tone.

Not sure about "even-ing" out the skin tone. I cant make out unless I take my mirror out in the park under normal daylight.
I cant. I live in a concrete jungle ! I have a darker forehead and chin-lip area...and...no difference...I think !

I cant tell if my tone has been evened out. What is supposed to happen ?

I try my baclony. And under every different light (even day-natural light) and a magnified mirror my face looks different depending on clouds and angles !

Would I buy it again, probably not because I prefer the subtler -dwewy finish of Benefit Girls Meets Pearl. Iridescent rather than gold.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No