November 23, 2014 | 2028 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by aysays

My new obsession. My friends noticed the difference in my look immediately. Don't need a foundtion or bronzer anymore. You don't feel it on yr skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sarah1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this BB cream. It is excellent for everyday wear - not too heavy however manages to even out my skin tone and create a natural look. Being a BB cream, obviously it doesn't cover all my blemishes, however I just use a bit of concealer and finish with some powder. This BB cream lasts all day and I only have to blot about once or twice.
The only downfall I can mention is the price - $60 for a tiny tube. I would repurchase however as it is the best I am yet to find.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I bought mine today in shade medium. Very want to try this BB cream. It very expensive. I have normal to dry skin this product leave my cheek very tight feeling. I exchange for my true love Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer oil free. It's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by prettysaysay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always been somewhat skeptical of BB creams for AA skin because most make me look ashy, so I tend to shy away from them. But while at work one day, I randomly tried out Bobbi Brown's in Dark. Incredible! Buttery texture with amazing coverage for a BB cream! Very hydrating without making me oily. This has become a staple in my "no makeup" makeup look, and I pair it with a light dusting of MAC's Studio Careblend powder in Deep Dark to set & complete my look. Love the SPF contains a lower percentage of titanium dioxide, which is why most sunscreens/BBs leave me ashy. Only thing I have a slight issue with is the price, $44 for 1.3 oz seems kinda steep, but it's worth it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago, maybe about 2 years ago just as I was getting into the whole idea of BB creams. I had the Missha one which was my holy grail for a while before it ran out and I didn't have access to it anymore to buy.

I bought this on my last day in Hong Kong, and using up my dollars before leaving. I bought the Light shade, which is pretty good match for my skin, I'd say around NC20-25/GA LSF 4.

When applied I found that the texture of this was really shiny and oily on my skin and I really don't like it. I was about the give up on it the first time I applied this, but when I put on my powder it set wonderfully for some reason. It looked so natural with the powder, something I had never experienced before. I know I have raved about natural looking make up but this was a whole other level, there would always be a line where there a face can look a little bit matte or too something that makes it look like there is foundation on the skin, but this one didn't have any of those. For the first time I felt like this looked like skin on me.

My only grip with this is that it doesn't last on me. I don't have the oiliest skin type to make it melt off of me, but for some reason this just does not stay on me. So for that I will enjoy it while it lasts but for now, I won't be repurchasing this. Its a shame though because I do like it, but I can't wear it on days where I am out the house for more than 6 hours, which is practically never. I'm not the kind that can apply a new face of make up halfway through the day, I need my make up to last me from morning to evening with minimal problems

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

In the past, I have never found a BB cream that catered to all skin tones, not even Asian BB creams and I'm Asian! (Filipino). BB creams in Asia have limited or just 1 shade and mostly too fair/light for my medium/light tanned complexion (for ref: "NC35-42" roughly in MAC, "tan deep sand" in Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in summer, "tan" in Tarte Beyond BB Perfecting Foundation, "40-50 beige" Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation). I was skeptic about Western BB creams as I heard that the coverage/consistency isn't the same as Asian BB creams. I currently use Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Full Coverage foundation but because Tarte isn't available in the UK, I wanted to use this foundation sparingly or on special occasions (excellent product which I've also reviewed on MUA). I also wanted to look for a light coverage tinted moisturiser/BB cream. When I heard about Bobbi Brown's new BB cream I couldn't wait to get a sample of it. I was colour matched to "medium to dark" which was a good match for me. It was almost an exact match to my skin tone which is quite rare! I did notice it slightly oxidized but wasn't too bad and gave a nice light bronze/glow to my skin. I like the fact that it has a yellow undertone which is perfect for my Filipino complexion. As far as I'm aware, Bobbi Brown didn't claim this to be a long-wearing BB cream, however the longevity of this product is great on days when you want natural/light coverage and going out for 4-8 hours. I have combination (oily t-zone, normal-dry cheeks & chin) skin and this BB cream did a good job in terms of staying power between 6-8 hours on my skin. Maybe even more longer for normal and dry skin. It doesn't control shine (but all foundations never do for me anyway) and I find that I get oily on my t-zone between 1.5-2 hours with this particular BB cream. I do touch-up 1 or 2 times within a day which doesn't bother me as I only use this if I need a bit of coverage on days I want that "no makeup" makeup look. In terms of coverage it is between sheer light to light medium which is quite good. Obviously a concealer well help for acne and dark circles. The consistency of Bobbi Brown's BB cream is thick, creamy and leaves a soft matte finish and after an hour it gives a nice natural glow. I always set this with a dust of loose powder on my t-zone and a little bit on the rest of my face. I really love this product because it looks so natural and is very lightweight. I use my fingers or a damp sponge or my stippling/buffing brush (by Real Techniques) to apply this and works well either way. I do feel that I do need to moisturise my face before applying this as sometimes I do feel dry which defeats the purpose of a BB cream. However, I do want to make sure my face is fully prepped before makeup by always moisturising my face and apply a foundation/face primer on my t-zone. Overall an excellent product! I highly recommend this if you have normal, combination, oily skin. If you're willing to splurge on a good quality western BB cream then please do give this a try :) Hope this review helps!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample about a week ago the department store and I was very pleased. I got the shade dark and the match was very on point. I like the creaminess to it and blends beautifully. Has a nice natural finish. Coverage I would say is light to moderate. Works for my combination skin. Definitely will be purchasing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by stl

I was really excited to try this. I'd been using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and even though it's a wonderful foundation, I was bored and wanting to try something new. So there came Bobbi Brown BB cream. Firstly, the consistency is thick and drying. This is definitely a NO for dry skin. I feel like you should use a stippling brush to blend this out. In overall, the coverage it gives is decent enough, but it's quite thick and not very natural. It is also quite flat, without any luminosity or dewiness. It's probably good for TV appearances or when you need flawless coverage, but for an everyday I wouldn't recommend this. Also, I kind of suspect it is breaking me out. I've been getting acne since I started using this. This is surely a NO in my book.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this all summer holidays in "light". I was lucky to have five weeks off (woo hoo) with the kids. I definitely didn't want to use foundation so started using this. I am a foundation junkie but unfortunately many will cause breakouts over time (GA Lum Silk 4 , EL Futurist Beech, Faas 02, MAC NW20...). What I loved about this BB cream is that over summer people were commented on how good my skin looked!
I didn't break out at all even though this is prime pimple time. It gives very slight colour but enough to look "healthy". It protected against harsh Sydney sun (unless swimming). This is one of those stealth products that you don't look immediately in the mirror and go wow (eg GA Lum Silk) but is a great every-dayer.
After cleansing, toning and serum I use this. It gives me enough moisture though I can have dry/combo skin. For any trouble area (under eyes) I just use concealer.
I use it for the gym too. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by sophie94

Love this BB cream. When buying I was slightly concerned as I have oily skin and was worried about shine. However this topped off with my mac mineralize skinfinish natural looks great! Coverage is good, obviously not a full as a foundation but enough for days you don't want a full face of make up. Sometimes I may have to top up a bit of powder if oily but would recommend.