Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 5/10/2014 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. Good coverage and high SPF. Great color (I use the fairest shade). Not as thick or covering as some of the thickest BB creams--I am thinking of Dr. Jart and Boscia, but color match is a little better. I have deluxe samples of these thicker ones and use them when I am in the mood, and currently I am using Smashbox because I bought it in a JCP sephora where Bobbi Brown was not available and I needed one. Smashbox has about the same consistency as the Bobbi Brown, but lower SPF and the color/coverage of the Bobbi Brown is superior. Bobbi Brown BB is my favorite of all the ones I have tried.

on 5/8/2014 8:31:00 PM

I really liked this product. If you are after full coverage then this is not the right product for you. This BB cream really evens out skin tone and basically feels like you are not wearing any make up at all. You can build the BB cream up, but the finish will never be a full coverage look. At first when you apply the BB cream you will think it will be quite cakey, however once blended in and absorbed it is quite natural looking. People really will not be sure if you are wearing make up or not. I think this is great for everyday type of wear, or if you are the type of person who gets a little worried about going bare faced to the beach, this is perfect for you. It still gives you some coverage, without looking like you've got war paint on. I think you should use your fingers with this one. I found with the sponge it soaked up too much of the product and this product is quite expensive in Australia, therefore you want it to last. I would purchase it again for summer time as it's light weight and literally take 2 minutes to apply. You don't need anything else added really. I would say this is more suitable for dry/normal and maybe combination skin, but not oily. The product is quite moisturising and could look a little slick later in the day if you have a lot of shine.

on 5/4/2014 9:22:00 PM

I've tried several brands of BB cream (including Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Stila) and this one by Bobbi Brown is definitely my favourite. It gives very good coverage and matches my skin perfectly (I bought it in Light), unlike other BB creams, which have tended to be too dark or too orange.

on 4/29/2014 2:07:00 PM

Definitely worth buying...
I bought this on a flight to use up my pounds so I was quite curious to see how this product worked for me... I bought medium which is pretty much a perfect match for my skin - I thought I was very fair and the lighter colour would suit me. The consistency is good, nothing to complain about. Feels a bit thick before applied but evens out and leaves a light, dewy finish on the skin. No it doesn't give good coverage but I didn't expect that from a bb cream.. A bit of concealer on my redness sorts out that issue. Since buying this has become my everyday product and since I live in a very warm climate i am very impressed at the fact that it lasts for hours.. Doesn't slide off the skin.

on 4/23/2014 9:26:00 AM

I have been using this stuff for about a week now, and I am in love. This BB cream has such beautiful coverage. It feels pretty thick when you apply it but turns weightless once blended with the fingers. It lasts ALL day. I don't even powder this stuff and it lasts from 7am to 10pm. Crazy. The shade extra light is a perfect match for me, and I can't wait to use this in the summer. If you don't have perfect skin don't rule this out because its not full full coverage. Use a heavy coverage concealer, like the Mac Pro Longwear for under the eyes, sport conceal any blemishes and you will be good. This gives a medium coverage in my opinion but I love how natural it looks. I don't have one bad thing to say. GREAT!

on 4/15/2014 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It gave me pimples... Mind you my skin isn't sensitive and never gets a pimple.
Usually I can put any normal foundation on without any issues whatsoever. It might be some "natural minerals" they put in since the only other time I had issues with a foundation was with bare minerals.

on 4/12/2014 12:58:00 PM

My new obsession. My friends noticed the difference in my look immediately. Don't need a foundtion or bronzer anymore. You don't feel it on yr skin at all.

on 4/9/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this BB cream. It is excellent for everyday wear - not too heavy however manages to even out my skin tone and create a natural look. Being a BB cream, obviously it doesn't cover all my blemishes, however I just use a bit of concealer and finish with some powder. This BB cream lasts all day and I only have to blot about once or twice.
The only downfall I can mention is the price - $60 for a tiny tube. I would repurchase however as it is the best I am yet to find.

on 3/26/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been somewhat skeptical of BB creams for AA skin because most make me look ashy, so I tend to shy away from them. But while at work one day, I randomly tried out Bobbi Brown's in Dark. Incredible! Buttery texture with amazing coverage for a BB cream! Very hydrating without making me oily. This has become a staple in my "no makeup" makeup look, and I pair it with a light dusting of MAC's Studio Careblend powder in Deep Dark to set & complete my look. Love the SPF contains a lower percentage of titanium dioxide, which is why most sunscreens/BBs leave me ashy. Only thing I have a slight issue with is the price, $44 for 1.3 oz seems kinda steep, but it's worth it :)

on 3/12/2014 12:06:00 AM

I bought this a while ago, maybe about 2 years ago just as I was getting into the whole idea of BB creams. I had the Missha one which was my holy grail for a while before it ran out and I didn't have access to it anymore to buy.

I bought this on my last day in Hong Kong, and using up my dollars before leaving. I bought the Light shade, which is pretty good match for my skin, I'd say around NC20-25/GA LSF 4.

When applied I found that the texture of this was really shiny and oily on my skin and I really don't like it. I was about the give up on it the first time I applied this, but when I put on my powder it set wonderfully for some reason. It looked so natural with the powder, something I had never experienced before. I know I have raved about natural looking make up but this was a whole other level, there would always be a line where there a face can look a little bit matte or too something that makes it look like there is foundation on the skin, but this one didn't have any of those. For the first time I felt like this looked like skin on me.

My only grip with this is that it doesn't last on me. I don't have the oiliest skin type to make it melt off of me, but for some reason this just does not stay on me. So for that I will enjoy it while it lasts but for now, I won't be repurchasing this. Its a shame though because I do like it, but I can't wear it on days where I am out the house for more than 6 hours, which is practically never. I'm not the kind that can apply a new face of make up halfway through the day, I need my make up to last me from morning to evening with minimal problems