September 21, 2014 | 997 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by daylightx

I'm currently using the Dr Jart Most moist BB cream brought from Hong Kong, so I presume this one is targeted at asian skins.

When used with well hydrated and skin that only needs very light coverage, this bb cream is very good. Skin looks almost, yet because of its light consistency/semi sheer and looks and feels like you are wearing no makeup.

When i use this in London, UK, it can look a bit cakey as my skin is dryer in UK weather conditions (Hong Kong is humid!). just make sure skin is well moisturised before application.

I've also tried the international version brought from Boots stores in London,UK. coverage is medium and again, with well hydrated skin looks flawless. However, if you are looking to cover blemishes, bb creams in general won't work as well as a regular foundation.

I wear little makeup and this is really good if you dont have too troublesome skin and want a more even complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this to be quite blendable with a sponge but not with a foundation brush. It looked very natural on my fair skin, blending seamlessly without a problem at all. It hydrated well, but then again, I use other products to hydrate my skin underneath as well. As far as coverage, I wasn't expecting much and don't want much at all, just enough to give my skin an overall glow. That's what Dr. Jart's does for me. Gives me enough of a finish that I top off with some mineral powder and I'm good to go. It lasts for the day happily enough for me without settling into any fine lines, which also pleases me. Will I repurchase? I'm always looking to try something new and although I do like this product I'm not sure that I would repurchase definitely. I'd rather go with something with a higher spf, but that's my only complaint. As far as others saying the color is off/grayish-looking, I didn't have that problem. I'm extremely fair and light and the color just seemed to work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by littlelolaballe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say after reading many positive reviews on this product, I was a little disappointed.

First of all the positives:
It feels light on skin
Doesn't feel like you are wearing make-up
Doesn't highlight dry patches

Negatives:
The colour gives my complexion a greyish tinge (rather than desired healthy glow)
The cream doesn't seem to blend; as I try to blend it in, it seems to move around my skin and not sink in?
It doesn't quite feel moisturising, it's so watery it doesn't seem to moisturise
After struggling to blend it in, some areas just won't blend and those areas end up looking as though there is some sort of weird grey mud on my face?

Anyway I don't really know what skin type I could recommend this too, I wasn't to fond of it unfortunately. Luckily there was an offer so I didn't have to pay the full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Good good BB cream, probaboly the best American BB cream I have experienced. However, the color is a little dark for me, and since it only comes with one shade, I won't buy it again. Still, it was perfect in the summer when my skin was a little darker.
Nice hydration: When I have it on, my face is glowing and soft. The moisture level obtained for six hours until I took off my make up.
Natural looking: The density of the cream is like lotion, so I apply it the same way I would for my lotion. I ask my friends whether or not they can see I had makeup on, but no one thought so.
Easy to apply: Good BB cream consistency, not too watery or too thick. Easy to spread with fingers and absorb fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On the box, this product claims to give 'Flawless skin instantly...natural-looking coverage evens skin tone and minimises appearance of imperfections.' The second of these 3 claims is mostly true - it does even out skin tone. But as with any BB Cream, don't expect full, flawless coverage and vanishing act on imperfections! So for over-hyped marketing, I'm removing one lippie. However: it does improve the appearance of skin, it blends invisibly into skin, it doesn't turn orange and it leaves skin comfortable and hydrated. This is a product for people with fairly good skin who just need a bit of a lift. I team with lip balm (vaseline rosy lips), neutral cream blush (Bobbi Brown Fresh Melon Pot Rouge), a matte, creamy nude eye shadow (Mac Soft Ochre paint pot) and mascara (Bourjois Volume Glamour) for a quick day-time look.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've almost used the whole tube of Dr. Jart's Water Fuse. I have extreme combo skin in the winter: Oily t-zone then red, dry, flaky patches on my cheeks. Dr. Jart's is hydrating and feels so good on my cheeks. It doesn't cake on my dry skin either if I do it right. At frist I tried putting it on with a brush because I didn't like how it would at first feel so creamy, then all the sudden the water fuse would kick in and it would suddenly be very watery. But I used too much product with a brush and it would start to look cakey. I find it's best for me to use a primer on my t-zone (I love Happy Me Skincare Pore & Fine Line Perfector and Primer), then I put on Dr. Jart's with my fingers. I spread it on with one swipe, wait a minute for the water to bead up, then I go ahead and rub it in. I go back and build slightly by patting a tad more on redder spots, then set my t-zone with powder. It is just one color fits all. It looks very close to Revlon's Colorstay buff. But my darker-skinned sis uses it too and it blends well with her skin. She only has to use it on her cheeks to cover redness. It does even out my skin tone and covers most redness. You can't expect a BB cream to be full coverage though. But with my extreme combo skin, this works better for me. It starts to wear off of my nose and chin after about 6 hours. I'm trying a better setting powder tomorrow though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

I've been using this for almost a year straight with really no complaints. my skin is combo/dry and this is the only 'foundation' that keeps my skin hydrated and comfortable all day. while it leaves a dewy finish it can come off as greasy around my t zone. I'll press some powder into my usual oily areas and I find by doing this it keeps the foundation in place for around 8 hrs. application wise, I get the best results when applying with my fingers. I've actually gotten comments on how healthy my skin looks when I wear this and really, I agree. Also my skin is about nw15-20 and this bb cream blends seamlessly with my skin tone. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin or even some with combination as this is very hydrating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I bought all 4 Dr Jart BB creams available in the UK and have been testing all of them for a few months now.
I have to say this one is my least favourite/ I don't really like it.
It's a bit sticky and hard to spread around and when using my hands to apply it it's just rather unpleasant. Once it's on it feels nice and comfortable on the skin though. I use this without moisturiser underneath, and even though my cheeks are a bit dry, this was enough and did not make them feel tight.
The coverage is very very sheer. With this, even on my good skin days I'd still need concealer on top or something with more coverage on my nose/ chin/ redness areas. It has a natural skin-like finish - but that's the least I'd expect from something so sheer!
The only thing that it does do is give a bit of sheer colour to my skin, which brings me to my next issue: the only shade they have is too dark for me! I'm an NC15 for reference and I think this would be fine for an NC 20/25.
Maybe if you have good skin but that is oily, this would work for you, but I for one will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Got this as a sample from birch box. Applied it on left side of face and nose and my Cover Girl Aqua Smooth TM/BB cream on the right side. Seems too greasy and cause a break out on my nose. =(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by AllyInc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

made me break out - despite having dry-normal skin. the only upside is that it gives u a nice glow and doesn't look too 'caked' on. perhaps it will work better on someone with dry skin.