August 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lipstick in Hibiscus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely worth all the hype! I made my Surf Baby order online the first day it came out, and was heartbroken to find that my Hibiscus lipstick wasn't in my parcel when it arrived. It was 'backorder canceled'. =/
I called MAC and they let me know you can order from free-standing stores themselves though, and luckily the MAC in Vancouver had nine left! Soo after going through all these hoops to get it I'm glad to say it was entirely worth it.
I think it's the first true coral lipstick I've owned that isn't too red or too orange. The cremesheen finish is lovely. It isn't moisturizing but it's not drying either. It leaves my lips with the perfect sheen and it's fairly long-lasting.
Super flattering on my NC15 skin. It's very bright and perfect for the summer, people turn heads when I wear this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

I'm nc35-40 with yellow undertones in the summer when I'm tanned. I have black hair and with this lippie, I look like one hot bronze goddess. The shade is bright coral-red on my lips and instantly brightens my face without the need for heavy eye makeup. I just line my eyes with a bronze eyeliner like mac teddy, mac melba on my cheeks or just add bronzer all over and a swipe of this, I'm ready for a night out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

i love how pigmented this color is, esp since its a creme-sheen finish! its perfect for the summer. i wear this with some mascara and im good to go to the beach! (nc40 for ref)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jamiewag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very pretty lip color. I like the texture, it has a pretty sheen to it. Someone with a light complexion like mine can wear this shade, because it's sheer and not so matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail! I won't lie, I was a tad hesitant to purchase this color, as I'm NW20 and didn't want to look like I had an orange mouth...BOY WAS I SILLY TO THINK THAT! This color is AMAZING! It applies like a dream! The color payoff is outstanding! I don't know what else to say about this other than GO BUY THIS LIPSTICK!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by santra2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely succumb to mob lemmings :), but I figured I'd get it as I am so extremely warm toned that I usually bring out the pink in everything and this color was so warm that I couldn't possibly make it pink. Everytime I passed the MAC counter, I'd look at it, but I figured it was way too bright. Well, about a week after the launch, my counter still had a few. I tried it but it was way out of my comfort (nudes, deep reds) comfort zone. The SA insisted that I get it and it matches My Paradise so well, that I did get it. The compliments haven't stopped. It's a perfect retro coral on me. Definitely an orange/red coral, not a pink coral. This screams Palm Beach circa 1980 for me and I love it! I also love the finish. It's not too sheer and it leaves a nice stain. Perfect companion to My Paradise cheek color. (NC42-44)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this time the hypers were right!

what a gorgeous orange/coral shade with teeny tiny gold in it.. it makes lips look luscious and works well on any skintone.

my red hair loves it and I am considering backing this up.

packaging this summer for MAC's summer collection was iffy at best.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this on the recontamination of another MUA member that I constantly trust her advice. I went to my MAC counter tried it out and loved the color on me. It seemed like a more pigmented Cyndi and I was in love. So I wore it for two days straight and then I noticed that my lips have been incredibly dry recently. Then two + two clicked, it was the lipstick drying out my lips.

So it is a lovely bright coral lipstick, goes on nice and evenly (something I normally cannot get from a MAC lipstick), but it is rather drying. I like that it isn't drying my lips into a flaky mess, but this weird tight dry mess. So I love the color, love the application, but I wont buy it again because the amount of chapstick I must use to keep my lips from splitting isn't worth it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Nesserz85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I saw the swatches on Temptalia, I KNEW I would love this lipstick. I am very into coral colors right now and this one really satisfies my coral craving this summer. I used this with a neautral brown eye the other day and it was gorgeous (imo). Makes your face look more radiant, I think and just gave me a very youthful, healthy, fresh face. I have no complaints whatsoever about this lippie, except maybe that it is LE. I should have stocked up but I wasn't able to. :/ I am NW25/30 skin tone and I would highly recommend for others in any skin tone range! This lipstick is not drying at all, and even felt moisturizing on my lips. It stayed on for a good amount of time and made me feel so confident while wearing it. I love Hibiscus!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been eyeing this lipstick for quite a while and decided to buy it today. I'm more of a pinky-nude-y kinda gal so this color is totally out of my comfort zone! But I'm so glad I got it because it is a very beautiful color and the formula is nice and not very drying. I paired it with Honey B. lipliner to tone the brightness down a little and it looked nice.I'm very happy with my purchase.