July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this shampoo with the matching conditioner. I bought the conditioner a few weeks before the shampoo, so I feel like I can give an accurate review of the shampoo only.

The scent of this shampoo is very, very strong. Much stronger than the conditioner or any other Shea Moisture product. And the scent lingers - sometimes more than 24 hours. I personally like the scent, but it will be bothersome for many people.

The thing about this shampoo is that I believe it causes buildup. I took this with me to Germany, and maybe it was because of the water there, but this caused sticky buildup unlike anything I've ever used. It was like I had rinsed with a sugar solution. And I am absolutely sure it was because of the shampoo and not the conditioner. I alternate with Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo to avoid buildup. In fact, when I was looking at reviews on other websites, many people use a combination of TJ's tea tree shampoo/conditions with the Shea Moisture ones. I had also been doing this and recommend it.

This shampoo feels so luxurious in the shower. I feel like I could skip conditioner. I have incredibly thick and BSL-length hair which tends to be dry. This treats my hair well. So I would recommend it as long as you smell it first because it is so strong, and as long as you have another shampoo on hand to use as necessary to avoid sticky buildup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by MeoBaaklini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smelled like sulphur/rotten eggs a week after I bought it....which disappointed me because I really loved it before that point. Expiration date wasn't until 2015. Maybe I just got a funky batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Greensleeves27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff, Hate the price a little. I finally finished off my first bottle and my hair definitely feels differently and better than it used to. I find that it does however, build up in my hair and every time I use it I follow it with a vinegar rinse. The scent took me awhile to get used to but I rather like it now. I've tried other things while using it but I always seem to come back. I just wish that they would drop the price a few bucks. Especially since I find that I use more of it than I would traditional products and its such a little bottle. Oh, I've also long since stopped using any kind of styling products to control frizzies or wild hair days. They simply stopped happening!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by GinaTheresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow, this stuff is great. I have very fine white-girl hair, curly on a good day, frizzy if left alone, and very dry. Previously I always had to use so much product to combat the frizz, it would leave my hair limp and flat. This shampoo, along with the conditioner, makes my hair thick, healthy, and strong. It completely changed the way I see my hair. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rngirl2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Went out and bought another one today! I love this stuff! When I'm wearing my hair in a ponytail (such as when I work at the hospital) I use only this to wash my hair. Even when I use just this with no conditioner or styling products, my hair is still super soft! It cleans my scalp well without stripping!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by opalinesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, but turned out not to work for me :( While very mild, non-stripping, and amazing smelling, the shea butter in it unfortunately built up on my low-porosity hair and made it absolutely impossible for me to get any actual moisture into it. If you know your hair likes shea, GO FOR THIS STUFF. If not, I'd avoid it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw a difference in my hair the first time used it. Left my hair very soft and manageable. It is not lathering at all what so ever. Bought it because my hair is thinning but me trying to build lather actually made more of my hair fall out so I definitely returned it. Better for girls who have thick strong hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The length of my curly hair is very dry but the roots can be oily. I had hoped this would gently cleanse to remove the grease, but it didn't clean my hair at all, it just made it greasier. It left terrible residue as well, and caused my scalp to itch. I liked the smell but it was not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Catsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING!!!!

I have shoulder length, tight Botticelli ringlets about the diamtere of a sharpie marker-naturallly curly and coloured. My mother-in-law gave me a bottle of this and the conditioner for my birthday this year and I ADORE it! She's a curly girl as well and VERY into organic/natural products and introduced me to new fancy/pricey hair products every birthday as a tradition. After one use I was hooked! Its amazing! I love how little I need to cleanse my scalp and the lack of lather is awesome! No sulphates for this girl!! It has a pleasant smell and leaves my hair soft and clean but not squeeky clean which is best for my curls! It's a bit pricey but well worth every cent! I would HIGHLY reccomend this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So hilarious this is like that children's story of having tried the Thickening and Curl Shampoos in the line and finally this Shea version is "just right" lol. Love this line madly for hair, body washes, and shave products as anyone can tell by my reviews so no more rambling on that note. Shampoo wise have liked the first two I tried as smell amazing, good ingredients and non stripping but didn't fit the bill. The Thickening version which on paper seemed ideal for my fine wavy hair but left my length a tad dry and over tangled in shower I am guessing from the slight protein it has which my hair hates. The Curl Shampoo smells even more amazing and even though works for many hair types like mine oddly didn't lather that well for me and just felt very heavy on my hair when washing. Tried this Shea version ofcourse as my last hope of shampoos in the line and bingo! Perfect balance of smoothing, strengthening, creamy lather, and detangling. Smells the most plain of anything I have ran across in the line so far but no problems there. Great shampoo for moisture and not weighing down hair. One of the many stars of the Shea Moisture line. Don't hesitate to try any of these products! :)