August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really in love with this stuff! Great smell, great ingredients, and it moisturizes my hair wonderfully. Every time I use it, I feel like I don't even need conditioner because it's just so moisturizing. I haven't had any problems with build-up, but I guess I've only been using it for about a week and a half, so maybe I'll see what everyone else is talking about a little later. Also, I don't know why, but at the Walmart around me I got this for 5 dollars and I'm pretty sure it wasn't on sale. Maybe it was. Who knows. Anyway, I really love this shampoo and I will continue to use it and repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by tiffany287

I Love this shampoo. I love this because it is gentle and smells so good. It definitely lives up to being non stripping for the hair. My hair is dry and this is great. I do not shampoo once a week more like once a month I co wash the other times but I love this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG SHAMPOO!! This is one of the best moisturizing shampoos I've ever used!!! As previous reviewers said, I had to use it a few times before I saw the full benefit. I used it today for the third time since purchasing it and my hair is FANTASTIC. My hair has almost NEVER been this silky or shiny without the attention of a salon professional, but today it is both beautifully clean AND fabulously soft to the touch. I purchased it at Sally's on sale for $6.99 (normally it is $7.99 with a beauty club card) and I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing if it can keep my dry hair this moisturized. It also did not strip the color out of my hair at all, which I was extremely happy about. It is sulfate free and not tested on animals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this shampoo with the matching conditioner. I bought the conditioner a few weeks before the shampoo, so I feel like I can give an accurate review of the shampoo only.

The scent of this shampoo is very, very strong. Much stronger than the conditioner or any other Shea Moisture product. And the scent lingers - sometimes more than 24 hours. I personally like the scent, but it will be bothersome for many people.

The thing about this shampoo is that I believe it causes buildup. I took this with me to Germany, and maybe it was because of the water there, but this caused sticky buildup unlike anything I've ever used. It was like I had rinsed with a sugar solution. And I am absolutely sure it was because of the shampoo and not the conditioner. I alternate with Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo to avoid buildup. In fact, when I was looking at reviews on other websites, many people use a combination of TJ's tea tree shampoo/conditions with the Shea Moisture ones. I had also been doing this and recommend it.

This shampoo feels so luxurious in the shower. I feel like I could skip conditioner. I have incredibly thick and BSL-length hair which tends to be dry. This treats my hair well. So I would recommend it as long as you smell it first because it is so strong, and as long as you have another shampoo on hand to use as necessary to avoid sticky buildup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by MeoBaaklini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smelled like sulphur/rotten eggs a week after I bought it....which disappointed me because I really loved it before that point. Expiration date wasn't until 2015. Maybe I just got a funky batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Greensleeves27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff, Hate the price a little. I finally finished off my first bottle and my hair definitely feels differently and better than it used to. I find that it does however, build up in my hair and every time I use it I follow it with a vinegar rinse. The scent took me awhile to get used to but I rather like it now. I've tried other things while using it but I always seem to come back. I just wish that they would drop the price a few bucks. Especially since I find that I use more of it than I would traditional products and its such a little bottle. Oh, I've also long since stopped using any kind of styling products to control frizzies or wild hair days. They simply stopped happening!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by GinaTheresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow, this stuff is great. I have very fine white-girl hair, curly on a good day, frizzy if left alone, and very dry. Previously I always had to use so much product to combat the frizz, it would leave my hair limp and flat. This shampoo, along with the conditioner, makes my hair thick, healthy, and strong. It completely changed the way I see my hair. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rngirl2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Went out and bought another one today! I love this stuff! When I'm wearing my hair in a ponytail (such as when I work at the hospital) I use only this to wash my hair. Even when I use just this with no conditioner or styling products, my hair is still super soft! It cleans my scalp well without stripping!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by opalinesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, but turned out not to work for me :( While very mild, non-stripping, and amazing smelling, the shea butter in it unfortunately built up on my low-porosity hair and made it absolutely impossible for me to get any actual moisture into it. If you know your hair likes shea, GO FOR THIS STUFF. If not, I'd avoid it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw a difference in my hair the first time used it. Left my hair very soft and manageable. It is not lathering at all what so ever. Bought it because my hair is thinning but me trying to build lather actually made more of my hair fall out so I definitely returned it. Better for girls who have thick strong hair.