Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo worked great the first few times, made my hair smooth and soft. Now my hair feels a bit dry after use, but it is still better than many of the other shampoos I have tried.

on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM

GREAT PRODUCT!!! Background on my hair: 3b curls, damaged from over processing, crawling with split ends, and had horrible breakage and fall out. I needed to get my hair as healthy and grow it out as possible before I cut it so I can have more hair to work with when I cut it to get my desired cut. This product over the period of time of using the entire bottle DID bring my hair back to life. It put back some much needed moisture. I used this as well as the restorative conditioner but the conditioner was not moisturizing enough. I'm currently using the Curl & Shine and tbh I like it much much more

on 7/29/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this product. I have relaxed African American hair and this provides a ton of moisture and softens my dry hair. My only complaint is that I noticed it turned my grey strands yellow. The grey hair sections are completely yellow and no longer shines silver. Just beware. Other than that an excellent product.

on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. It has a surprisingly huge lather but it doesn't strip your hair or your scalp. Really good for my 3b/3c curly hair. I can't really identify the smell... Maybe it's the shea butter and sea kelp. Also I think it overly moisturized my scalp. After three days of washing my hair I just develop dandruff, the greasy kind. But I am willing to ignore all of that because it leaves my hair soo soft!!

*UPDATE: I finally used it ALL up ( after 1 year of trying to get the very last bit of shampoo near the cap). Compared to other sulfate free shampoos I find that this is EXTREMELY gentle on my hair, which I adore, but it leaves my scalp #squeakyclean. You remember when I said it was over-moisturizing my scalp and giving me dandruff? Well, all of that happened because I rubbed my contitioner to my scalp every time I washed my hair, so DUH *slaped myself*

on 7/26/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING! This shampoo is perfect and it moisturizes your hair so well and it has no sulfates! I've been using this shampoo for over a year and I have nothing but good things to say! I use it every weekend and it makes my hair so soft! I am obsessed with this shampoo!

on 7/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's the first shampoo that I've used that hasn't left my hair feeling brittle and extremely dry after shampooing. My hair is left soft and moisturized after each use. I also feel that this shampoo does a great job washing away all the dirt and oil and I love that it has natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals, parabens, or sulfates. And for those who are concerned, this product has an earthy, musty smell.

I won't be repurchasing this product because it has sea kelp, which seals the cuticles, and is counterproductive to my low porosity hair.

on 7/20/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG I love this shampoo and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn on me, my fav Aveeno shampoo was discontinued and it has been a nightmare to find a replacement, I have dry scalp, dry wavy hair, live in a very dry climate, have hard water and on top of that psoriasis!!! I've tried everything from low to high end even prescription and other organic shampoos, Walgreens had a sale and I said why not, I'm so happy I tried this, to me $10 for this gem is a fantastic price, it's priceless to have super soft hair that doesn't need conditioner after and scalp that doesn't burn or itch at night, the only con is that I felt that I needed to wash sooner that I am used to but maybe it's because it's summer and temps are at around 100 degrees.
EDIT: May 2015, I had the same bottle for ten months, I wash my hair as less as I can and now with bleached hair this shampoo has been amazing, same results as always, transformed and soft hair. The only difference I feel is that they made the fragrance les potent because before three days later I could still smell the shampoo, so I am sad about that, other than that the ingredients remained the same, in the same order too, also noticed that now it lathers a little.

on 7/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is the first sulfate free shampoo I've used so I can't compare it to anything else. My hair is 3c/4a, very dry and so far so good with this product. Its definitely left my hair more moisturized than other shampoos, even more so than other conditioners! For a sulfate free shampoo, with no other detergents, it actually has a decent lather to it. Not as sudsy as what I'm used to but I can manage. I took a lippie away for the scent. It has a strong, earthy almost men's cologne like scent to it. Not that I'm trying to scare you away. Good thing is it doesn't really stick around so I can work around it. Shea Moisture is a bit expensive for a drug store brand. This shampoo was around $11 for 13 fl oz. However it is brand that is truly organic and sulfate free, which is very hard to find in a drugstore. I can actually prononuce the ingredients! What its made without:
No sulfates
No Synthetic Color
No DEA
No Animal Testing

on 5/24/2014 5:34:00 PM

I tried this because the no 'poo thing did not work out for me, but I wanted to make my hair care routine much more natural.This is a great everyday shampoo, and it is truly sulfate free unlike more corporate sulfate free offerings like L'Oreal EverCreme. I love Evercreme, but it is not really sulfate free. Shea Moisture shampoo won't strip all the oil out of your hair so it will build up after a few days. I like to mix it up, using the Shea Moisture most days and using the L'Oreal every third or fourth day when the oil build up in my hair starts to bother me. This shampoo also smells great, is vegan, and not tested on animals. It is a little expensive for a drugstore brand, but when you consider that it is pretty much the only truly natural product you can get there it isn't so bad, and Walgreen's puts it on sale buy one get one 50% off pretty often, so I stock up then.

on 5/7/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I like the way this performs, softening and cleaning my hair without drying it out. I also like the organic list of ingredients, the rich lather and how a little goes a long way however I absolutely LOATHE the smell. Like others have mentioned it reeks of something similar to an old men's cologne- that's major a con for me. And the scent lingers even after washing it out. I've even added other essential oils like vanilla to the bottle but I still can mask the smell :/ for that reason I also brought the Curl & Shine shampoo which smells much nicer- like pina colada, stark contrast. I often use that as my final wash in an attempt to cancel out the smell of this. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase as this bottle will last me a long time anyway

One thing I don't like is how pricey Shea moisture stuff retails for in the UK and there's never any BOGOF or half price deals like in the US. Its sold at 12.99 which is dearer than in the US, I guess it being an American product means UK seller can hike up the price as its not always readily available. I've seen these SM products being sold for up to 29.99 on-line so be smart ladies, shop around and do your own price comparisons before buying so you don't get ripped off.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products