July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

This looks good on me, IF I am having a good skin day. If I'm broken out or flakey or having a rosacea flare, not so much. Definitely does not last 16 hours as it claims. It's pretty much gone after 10-12 hours but I can live with it. I love how smooth it is when I apply it with my fingers. The scent is strong at first but it fades quickly. LOVE that the fair colors run yellow! I hate looking pink all the time! Wish it was available in the US!! Right now I either get it on eBay from UK sellers or I order from ASOS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by celinewheeler93

I love this product and have just finished it. The gel glides really well on my skin except I have just changed primer and it has started flaking so I need to figure out the best primer to use when I repurchase. I have acne-prone and combination skin and it doesn't break me out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by danaylchan

Love, love, love!

Couldn't ask for a better foundation, (except if it had spf but my day cream has it so I am not overly bothered by it).

It makes my skin look photo-shopped and so smooth. My friends have even commented on it.

The pump is very easy to control, I usually use half a pump for day use and a full pump for night use. This is amazing and super long wear! I swear, it looks better over time when it sets into your skin and gives such a natural look. It's not obvious that you have a lot of make up on but it enhances what you have. This is a light to medium-ish coverage though so if you are looking for something heavier this is not the foundation for you.

I use a transparent powder by Rimmel to set it- the name of the product came off so I don't know what it's called.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sadly this was just ok in my books the reason being is 51 light vannila runs too dark on my nc15 skin it has warm yellow undertones and I have neutral undertones so if you not yellow toned stay away it does give a magnificent dewy glow to my skin coverage is extremley stingy so if you looking for a heavy duty foundation this is not for you it just evens out/corrects skin tone more then camouflage imperfections.I wouldint buy this again as it doesint suit my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favourites. It works perfectly as an everyday foundation because of its light to medium coverage. I love the smoothness of the gel formula, which makes it easy to blend. It also has a nice fresh fragrance, a bit like clinique moisture surge. I like the natural radiant finish and the fact it lasts all day. I do have to use concealer on my acne, but I don't mind. It doesn't Accentuate dryness of flaky acne skin. It's 37Aud which is a lot for a drugstore foundation, but I would still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Erinjay

Favourite foundation ever good coverage and flawless skin definitely reccomend :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this foundation, like really wanted to as this one seemed to tick all the boxes of what I was looking for. Radiance? Tick. Gel based formula? Tick. Good shade selection for pale skin? Tick. Unfortunately I found the foundation to be too dark and too pink toned for my complexion, which is strange as Bourjois foundations normally lean towards yellow tones. I also found that it didn't give me nearly enough coverage. Even after four pumps my skin didn't look great and it also looked flat rather than radiant.

I got this from a swap from a fellow person on Makeup Alley but as I already had makeup on that day, I left it to the next day to try it. It feels lighter than the original Healthy Mix but seemed to oxidize badly on my skin. It also isn't nearly as yellow toned as the Healthy Mix. This feels lovely on the skin but doesn't provide the coverage or look I want. It did last all day with powdering, which I suppose is a good thing but as I didn't like the look of it, this is really neither here nor there.

I definitely wouldn't buy this again. I had such high hopes, but this foundation is just OK, it certainly doesn't wow and I wouldn't recommend to anyone else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite foundation, which hurts a little bit because it is not available in the US and has to be purchased online. Nonetheless, it is absolutely beautiful, affordable (even with shipping) and so nice to my skin. I have dry/combination skin and this glides over all of my dry areas with ease, provides just the perfect amount of coverage, and has a natural/dewy finish. I use the shade 51 light vanilla, which is a perfect color for me. It lasts fairly well, especially if you use a primer (I usually can't be fussed, however) I just set it with Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray and that works for me. It would probably last longer if you set it with powder, but powders just never sit right on my skin. Aside from being beautiful looking and fuss free, my favorite thing about this foundation is it absolutely doesn't bother my skin at all, or leave it congested feeling. I really do hope they decide to start selling this in the US, because I am in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Minirockss

Overall, this is probably one of my favourite foundations because of its super lightweight consistency. I hate the caked up heavy look, and I love how I'm truly able to feel my skin breathe while wearing this. It gives a very natural and dewy finish, and although it does get oily throughout the day, I much prefer dewy formulas than heavy matte looks. It's not oily to the point that I look like a grease ball. This product smells amazing (like fruit plus flowers), and if you don't like scents, don't worry because it goes away really quickly. I am in the shade 52, and it matches my skintone pretty well. On good skin days, I love to just dab this with my fingers to cover up redness and blackheads on the nose instead of applying it on the entire face. While I do love this foundation, I would not repurchase this because it contains a supposedly harmful chemical ingredient called aluminum starch...(don't rmb the full name). For daily use, I'm trying to stick to a safer product. OH, and this also contains denatured alcohol.

I recommend this to those with normal or combination skin, and those who prefer lightweight makeup. This has light coverage that will only be able to even out your skintone. It is SLIGHTLY buildable (you might have to apply many layers to add only a little coverage). Throughout the day, it does fade and wear off. The price is pretty expensive for a drugstore product, but I think it's worth it in general. Once again, the major turn-off for me is the ingredient list.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by thejabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sure I like this one.

- Provides very, very little coverage, even though I used three pumps. The coverage is great for those who are after a very light look, but I have clear skin and it wasn't enough. No matter which brush I used, I felt like the foundation wasn't 'sticking' onto my skin properly.

- I don't like the thin consistency either, though I guess the plus side to that is that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask.

- I find that it has a slight satin finish on my dry skin. Not sure how it wears throughout the day as I've only worn it for short periods of time

-Accentuates dry flakes! Big no-no for me.

I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I might give the original healthy mix foundation a go, but 'Id rather fork out money for a high end foundation that's perfect on my skin. It does smell really good though!