Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 5/29/2015 5:35:00 AM

My biggest priority when purchasing foundation is making sure it has a nice yellow undertone, to suit my asian skin. Although my skin shade was leaning more towards a 53, just from reading reviews, I found that 52 was described as having a very nice yellow undertone to it, whereas 53 was seen more neutral. I have struggled with many foundations looking very pink/orange in the sunlight so I didn't want to take a chance.

I was right in the fact that 52 was too light for my skin, but nearing winter, I decided to keep using it and just warming it up with a bronzer. Luckily, the foundation does oxidise!! to a darker shade, not orange and works a lot closer to my skin colour (still a tad too light). I am contemplating purchasing another one in a shade 53 or 54, after I try out another foundation that I am also very interested in. Anyways, another con would be that it streaks horribly!! Applying this foundation is a nightmare, building it would be very tricky!! Will try with a sponge tho, but with a brush there are terrible brush streaks all over my face that I had to smooth out with my fingers (which i hate using). Also, I find it does come off a little bit on my nose, or where ever there is oil, but thats after 9 hrs which is expected! And it does sink into dry spots! So please moisturise properly :)

Pros: Complimented on my face being 'flawless' despite having major breakouts all over my forehead. Really light, does not feel heavy! Good scent!! I get an oily T-zone and found even blotting that area, my foundation did come off a little bit.

Overall, if using a sponge makes this foundation more buildable (will keep you updated) and I don't find my HG with the foundation I am now looking to purchase, will buy another in a darker shade!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation i love the smell, the texture and price however i think its causing me to have bumps under my skin. I always thought it was my skincare routine which needed changing and i changed my foundation my bumps went?

Pros:
-Smells fruity
-Texture is moisturising
-Price

Cons:
-Didnt cover dry patches
-Caused bumpS under my skin
-Palest shade is too yellow for me/not a good colour selection

on 5/19/2015 7:37:00 PM

This product has its ups and downs. I love the packaging, especially the pump. The actual product matches my skin tone pretty well, but the actual foundation has close to no coverage over the occasional pimple, I've noticed that after a couple hours it slowly fades away to the point where there are random foundation spots of your face.

on 5/15/2015 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

got shade 53 which is a good match for my skin. it has nice texture and dewy finish.

on 5/11/2015 12:09:00 AM

This smells beautiful and is light coverage foundation that doesnt last long, but the finish is dewy and pretty. Good for people with skin that has no problems or few flaws, will not cover anything.

I was a bit disappointed with this foundation. After I tried the Healthy Mix foundation and loved it, I decided give this one a go.

If you have near perfect skin then I think this could be an excellent option for you. But if you are like me and your skin tone is bit uneven, then I don't think this is the foundation for you. It's definitely a light coverage not a medium one, so if you want something that covers scaring you'd be better off with the Healthy Mix foundation.

It is a gel formula and it feels dewy when you apply it but then drys to a skin like finish.
I have very dry skin, and for some reason I found the Healthy Mix foundation to be more hydrating then the Gel Serum.

I did purchase this in shade 51 during the winter. I'm about Nc20. If you're on the lighter side of Nc20, go with 51. If you're on the darker side, go with shade 52.
(52 is my summer shade.)

If I had better skin I could see myself really liking this foundation but sadly at the moment this foundation doesn't sit well on my skin and doesn't provide me with enough coverage.

This foundation is between a 2 and a 3 rating for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The coverage & texture of this is nice but I find the strong smell a but too overwhelming. After using it on & off I have realised that this breaks me out terribly which is something I haven't had from any other make up. I literally with have clear skin for weeks then I wear this & by the end of the day I have several spots. I've just threw the bottle away as I don't want to risk using it anymore.

I have been using this a lot and it's safe to say this is an amazing foundation. It has good coverage but is not heavy. I adore it and always get compliments. I think this is totally fab and is just as good as any high end foundation!

on 5/1/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for a year now. honestly I'm used to high end foundations so this one was more of "meh, I'm almost out so might as well grab it and give it a shot" kind of purchase.

I have combination skin with red undertones, not alot of blemishes but I'm not going to be featured in a pond commercial either!

The bottle has a pump on it so I was happy with that, coverage was light to medium so not really that good, even with a light powdering it didn't last very long.

Now I think it's a mistake to compare the brands I'm used too (MAC and Makeup Forever) because it cost half the price. Also it was marketed as a medium coverage product, which it was! the other brands sell you almost full coverage and yet call it medium coverage... this one is more honest about it.

I might repurchase it again for daily use but honestly... this produce was made for people in their late teens and early 20's ( they expect you to not NEED much coverage at that age, although I realize that most follow youtubers that just pack it on at that age you have to admit most of them don't need half of that!) so for more formal events I'll go back to higher tier brands that give me better coverage.

It's gentle with sensitive skin but you need to hydrate, dry patches will show as with most foundations that are not full coverage.

on 4/30/2015 4:10:00 PM

verall i pretty good foundation. im an nc20 and 51 works pretty well for me. love this foundation. smells great, and feels great. i jusy apply it with my hands over moisturizer and it basically lasts me all day. i do powder it though. id say the coverage is medium, lighter than the not serum version but still quite a good medium. i normally have to use concealer for bad days tho.