December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I bought this because I've heard that it's a dupe for Chanel's vitalumiere aqua (apparently Bourjois owns Chanel and not the other way around) and every beauty girl on Youtube talked about it. The only place where I can get my hands on Bourjois is Shoppers Drug Mart. This foundation comes in the standard 1 oz with a pump (yay!) and retails for $28 CAD. I'm NC30 and use shade 53. I put one pump of foundation on the back of my hand and with the Real Techniques buffing brush buff it into my skin for medium coverage. Then I set it with Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder (best one I've tried!) and apply blush. On my combination oily skin, this stuff rocks. During the summer, everything stayed in place. I've worn this combination up to 18 hours before - yes I looked shiny but that's nothing a little napkin won't fix. Previously, I've used Make Up For Ever face and body in 32 but I wanted something with more coverage, I always needed a concealer with MUFE. But with Bourjois, I can skip the concealer step unless I have a new zit. I even use a little bit of the foundation to conceal my undereye bags. I've had my bottle since May and because of the frosted glass, I can't tell how much is left unless I open it. The only cons I can think of for this product is that there's a slight fruity scent but it disappears after the foundation is applied, it's made of glass so it may not be travel friendly and limited shade selection. Overall, for the price, results and longevity, I love this little baby. HG status! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by gintarees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this foundation for over an year now. To be completely honest, it's an ok foundation if your skin is not super oily. My skin is combination, it's dry in the morning but insanely oily after like 4 hours of going out. This foundation hasn't really helped me to escape from the oily face that I've always had. After I finish my second bottle of this, I'm definitely going to try and find a foundation to replace this one. Plus, it's way too pricey for such a result.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by xsupersophx44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! It's almost empty Ok so it's really great for flaky skin as long as you moisturise if you want a matte finish, although it is still glowy it finishes quite matte. It's amazing for any skin type really but I have more dry flaky skin and it works well. The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I prefer dewy finishes with a high amount of glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by RH4566

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! I wanted something fair enough for my skin, with a really light consistency and that would agree with my dry skin, and this ticks all the boxes! It even smells great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this foundation for I have heard nothing but good things about this. It IS a wonderful foundation! BUT I am so yellow+tan that it is hard to find anything to match my Asian mixed skin. And this is supposed to be one of the few brands that actually has good options for yellow undertones. I guess Im too yellow. In MAC I am NC40-42, I bought the Bourjouis foundation in 56LightBronze. 57(darkbronze) would be a good shade for summer. I truly blame the lighting in the store, it was yellowish lightening and the foundation matched seamlessly on my skin. So for 26Swiss Francs I bought it, went home, applied it, went outside on my balcony to see my face in a hideous pink cast. Even my boyfriend commented on my "off" face.

Ok, not good shades/coloring for super yellow people, rant aside. Now good things! because this is nearly perfect.This applies, blends and covers like a high end foudnation. If you put this in a Chanel bottle, I would believe it and throw out my cash for this. Medium-full coverage(minimal amount needed), Did not accentuate pores, so smooth and creamy, not drying(yay!), natural finish(not matte and not dewy). I cant say too much about the wear time because I didnt wear this for too long but on the bottle it says "16 hour radiance". There is no SPF, which is a good thing for me, I will put on my own SPF thank you very much.

I wish I didnt shell out 26CHF for this, in my country all the prices are jacked up to a ridiculous amount. Go to Germany, France, UK, any other country(or online) not Switzerland to find this at a normal price.

This is a super foundation and for a drugstore brand! I love the performance, just not that shades. I wish it worked out for me! This is worth the hype. Check it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the shade 'light beige' 53. It has a warm/yellow undertone and it's perfect for me when I have a summer tan. I'm normally a NC20 in MAC, so in the winter this shade will definitely be too dark for me. This foundation looks extremely natural. It's probably the most natural looking foundation I've ever tried. It doesn't set to a matte finish, and yet it's not super dewy either. It just looks and feels like your natural skin. One problem I have with this foundation is that it won't last very long on the more oily areas of my face, and even in areas that aren't super oily the staying power is not great. That being said, I always set this with a translucent powder (I use nyx's HD loose setting powder), and that improves the wear time. The coverage is light-medium, though I always build it up to medium and it NEVER looks cakey. You'll definitely need a concealer though if you have broken capillaries, hyper pigmentation etc. that you want to cover. I'm not a fan of perfume in foundations, but this has not irritated my skin. While I really like this foundation, I probably won't repurchase because it contains alcohol as an ingredient. Also, the shade range is very limited.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Liquid Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation for 2 years. Last year, I purchased #52 Vanilla and was very happy with the product. Great coverage, love the pump, easy to travel with, solid color, and fresh scent. This year I purchased #53 light beige for the summer. Same comments above and loved that it gave me a slightly darker tanned color. I also added a bronzer and it was perfect. I'm trying a new product but I think I will go back to this product because it gave me better coverage. Thanks for reading!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jndv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMHO, the serum + foundation is better. this one applies smoothly but you need more product if you want a better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by rougerosette

The only reason I said I would not repurchase is because I got pustules or a blemish somewhere after I used the product! :-(

This product glides on beautifully, and for me, its shade, 52 (Vanilla) is perfect for my skin, so when applied, it's like a "second skin". The drawback is, unfortunately, if you don't use powder, your face will become quite oily after just a few hours so you either wash your face and reapply or use oil blotting papers.

I really wish I wasn't allergic to it. I got it as a gift from my close friend because 52 is a shade darker than her skin color, but sadly my skin is incompatible, probably with one of the ingredients inside it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by JenKaboom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So i just purchased this foundation yesterday and wore it for the first time today. So far so good! I really like the coverage, and the building abilities of it. I use my karma brush from urban decay to apply all of my foundations, and i found that it works perfect for the consistency of this product. My foundation stayed put all day, and i'm excited to continue wearing this product to get my over all feel of it. But as of now, i think i made a good purchase!