Urban Decay Cannonball

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Polyethlene, Dextrin Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone, Rayon, Nylon-66, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua (Water), Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/4/2014 10:53:00 AM

AMAZING!!!!!! I found my HG mascara! I have thin long light brown lashes that stay straight down if I don't do anything with them...well I just curl them with the shiseido curler and apply one coat of this mascara and they look amazing...I even prefer it to the Shiseido full definition mascara that costs much more! This stuff holds the curl incredibly, slightly better than the Shiseido one. The wands are kinda similar but Cannonball can grab all my eyelashes much better...most mascaras tend to weigh down my eyelashes even after using my curler (Lancome ones in particular). It doesn't add much volume though, it's ok (I tried 2 coats), and the colour is great so it's perfect for day time, not really gonna use it for nights out. Definitely gonna repurchase it. Just the packaging is kinda boring. SO MUCH LOVE! THANKS URBAN DECAY! - I got the waterproof version

on 5/20/2014 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this product based on MUA reviews and I was pretty disappointed. Reading about it here led me to believe it would be my HG, sadly it didn't live up to the hype and I returned it. I'm not sure if it was just I had only used it once and the mascara was still super wet but it just wasn't for me. It smudged everywhere and my lashes were just weirdly long looking with absolutely no volume. It also didn't curl very well even though I got the waterproof version.

on 5/19/2014 6:30:00 PM

I want to try this mascara because alot of nice reviews swearing by it's waterproof power......but for me it still smudges so it's not the one for me......

on 4/13/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really enjoyed this mascara. I really did. It was my first high-end mascara after finding out that most waterproof mascaras in the drugstore were, in fact, not sebum-proof at all and so consequently still prone to smudging. I've come to accept that waterproof mascaras are necessary to hold a curl and don't shy away from wearing waterproof everyday, so have edited my skincare routine to include an oil cleanser, which really dissolves and breaks down even the toughest makeup.

UD Cannonball was the first mascara in the history of my life to have never smudged on me after the end of the day. It also held a curl (most mascaras make my lashes droop down even after curling them), made my lashes defined and fluttery, and in general was a good workhorse mascara that I could depend on every single day. It is a fiber-based mascara, and adds a good amount of length. The brush wand is small, long, and easy to handle.

Personally I think the price of $20 is actually pretty low compared to most mid-end brands sold in Sephora, and the tube lasted me from November til mid-April (as you can tell, I'm a bit lazy about buying mascara). Rather than buying four different drugstore mascaras (which are increasingly expensive these days) I'd rather buy this one and call it a day. It removes easily with an oil cleanser and makeup remover. In my opinion, the price is damnedly cheap because I cannot find another alternative elsewhere that has the same attributes as UD Cannonball.

I don't actually recommend this for people who are looking for volume and super lush glossy eyelashes. This mascara in my opinion is more of a niche item. I haven't tested out whether I'll be able to wear this to a pool, but I've cried in it and it's truly waterproof at least in that regard.

This mascara is more of a god-send for people who find that most mascaras weigh down their lashes and smudge at the end of the day. In my opinion, it's a very good product. UD Cannonball isn't HG material but it certainly is a superior contender to most drugstore waterproof mascaras. Waterproof =/= sebumproof, but at least UD's got an option for those who prefer buying in the store rather than online.

Overall, I really liked this mascara. I have no qualms about recommending this mascara especially to Asian ladies like myself.

However, being a product junkie I've decided to investigate the magical things that the Japanese mascaras are famed for and recently purchased the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. UD Cannonball was great but ultimately there's just something about mascara that makes you want to try different things to come across The One.

on 4/10/2014 1:00:00 AM

I have found my new Holy Grail mascara! That said, this mascara serves a very specific purpose, so there are some things that it does and does not deliver, which I will outline here.

This mascara is good for:
Length --My lashes look so long and lovely that false lashes are not even a thought for me. The length added is really remarkable.
Curl --No mascara really *gives* curl, but this one definitely LOCKS in the curl that you create with your lash curler. My lashes stick straight forward, and nothing has ever held the curl. This mascara does! It is the most amazing thing I've ever seen a mascara do for me.
Comfort --Even with multiple coats, this stuff feels weightless!
Definition --Every lash is separated and fanned right out!

This mascara is NOT good for:
Volume --If you're looking to add volume, this is not your pick. It darkens them up a lot, but it doesn't add much thickness.
Bottom lashes --It's decent on the bottom lashes, but you've got to be careful. The added length could make your bottom lashes a little wacky if you don't use caution.

I haven't noticed any flaking or smudging. If I do, I'll update. So far, I love this mascara!

Let me start. I am a FREAK about my lashes. Some people have bad hair days I have bad eyelash days (not really anymore!) I'm very OCD bout my lashes and use a curler (tweezerman) I always was trying new mascara in hope of finding one I could settle down with. We'll im in love!!! I have lashes that are long but point downward like curtains. No natural curl here. I use my curler and then use this mascara. It has never worked so perfectly!!!! I go over them once sometimes twice. Never clumpy, not spider leggy, the mascara doesn't weigh them down and reduce curl. I also make it through workouts with my lashes in place!!!! As for diving in a swimming pool- my curl is gone but the mascara is still there. I use this as an everyday mascara- never know if you get out of work early enough for a workout sesh or if it'll rain! I recommended it to my girlfriend and she loves it too! Again I have tried so many mascaras- from benefits they're real to diors show and loreal/cover girl ones.... I have finally met the love of my life! (My actual love of my life bought this for me haha) and if it ever doesn't apply the way I want it or my lashes are not in the proper place- I use a lash comb (ladies this is an amazing tool if you have lash issues!!)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product definitely does not live up to its claims. I certainly can't go swimming with it which is fine but urban decay shouldn't make false claims. That's annoying. It has actually left me with faint raccoon eyes by the end of the day occasionally. This is unacceptable. Especially for a mascara that really doesn't do much for my lashes in the way of volumizing or lengthening. My cheap maybelline waterproof mascara seems to hold up better than this.

on 3/5/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wouldn't buy this again because even though it truly lengthened my lashes it made them look very thin and spider leg like. It was also not fully waterproof however it was really water resistant. The formula is dry which I dislike as it takes more time to apply. My lashes didn't feel stiff and crunchy though so that is lovely.

on 2/22/2014 3:56:00 AM

I am on the fence with this mascara. It is the only mascara that I've tried so far that is able to hold a curl (I have straight Asian eyelashes that point downward). The curl lasts throughout the day. When I put this on my upper eyelashes the mascara doesn't budge at all. However it's a different story with my lower lashes - if I put this mascara on my lower lashes, I always get racoon eyes. Also this mascara is not volumizing, though it makes my eyelashes look a little longer. It is however, extremely waterproof and smudgeproof (ONLY for my upper eyelashes). It can be difficult to remove unless you use a very good eyemakeup remover. I tried removing it with the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, but ended up having to scrub it off. On the other hand the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover removes this mascara very easily.

on 2/17/2014 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Bought this on a whim and was not disappointed.
Was in fact really pleased with the product.
This adds volume and length to my lashes without weighing it down.
Best of all, it holds curls very well.
Despite wearing it for more than 10 hours, it did not smudge nor flake at all.
Through it all, it is easy to remove with any eye makeup remover.
One thing i really like though was how it does not make my eyelashes feel plasticky-stiff whilst being buildable without clumping up

ps: The wand was tiny enough to maneuver even the inner and outer lashes!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products