October 25, 2014 | 1111 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Love this mascara! It helped my short lashes look very long and voluminous! If you love waterproof mascara this is perf for you! I cried my eyes out while wearing this mascara and all my makeup came off except my mascara, it is truly amazing. The only downside is that it's a bit pricey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I really wanted to love this mascara but due to the constant smudging I would get, it wasn't worth the trouble it was causing. This lengthens your lashes but adds very little volume. This mascara holds a curl very well and the wand is thin which makes it easy to work with. The formula is on the drier side but you won't have to worry about it flaking because it doesn't. The downfall is that it would keep smudging under the corner of my eyes even though I keep wiping it off every half a hour! If it doesn't smudge for you, definitely worth checking it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I honestly do not know why I bought this (lol). I went into Ulta one day and I saw this mascara and was like sure, why not? Jenn Im (clothesencounters). Jenn (frmheadtotoe), and Claire Marshall (heyclaire) seem to really like it so I might to! But when I tried it out, I realized that it did nothing for my long yet "Asian" lashes. I feel like this mascara would work best w/ short lashes (like the lashes the ladies mentioned above have). This mascara lengthens my lashes TOO much and doesn't give any volume at all, which I want. Overall, I think this mascara is great but it isn't great w/ my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm Asian, but I wouldn't say I have a huge problem finding mascaras that I like - I suppose I am lucky to be slightly more lash-endowed than the average Asian, and my lashes don't point downwards. So for the past five years, I have continuously used CoverGirl Lash Exact, Lashblast, and then ClumpCrusher waterproof formulas with success. My lashes looked good, couldn't complain. But of course I grew curious if any of the raved-about high end mascaras were any better.

I tried Benefit's They're Real first, because it's one of the most buzzed about. Not great for Asian lashes, I think - brush too big, formula too wet, doesn't hold a curl for long. Just ended up kinda spidery and droopy, not that great. Definitely preferred my Covergirl mascaras.

When I saw frmheadtotoe's raves for Cannonball and then these MUA reviews, I decided this would be next on my list and oh my goodness is it amazing. I have been pretty satisifed with my Covergirl's and didn't think there was substantial room for improvement, but Cannonball looks and wears so amazingly I think I am a convert as long as they make this

My lashes are perfectly lengthened and defined - no clumping - and the curl lasts all day. I tear and cry easily so the industrial waterproof properties are perfect as well (clumpcrusher wp is really not that waterproof sigh).

Agree with others that if you're paying this much $$ for a mascara, nicer packaging would be appreciated. This really looks cheap lol. But that is my only complaint!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Nagomimakuri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why have I not discovered this mascara sooner?! I had been settling with the Lancome Hypnose mascara for over five years and I stuck with it even though it didn't always do what I wanted a mascara to do. I bought this mascara on a recommendation by Jen from frmheadtotoe, and it works wonders! Genetics has given me the typical short, straight, Asian lashes, and I never thought a mascara could hold a curl as well as this one. I had gotten into the habit of overcurling my lashes to compensate for some post-mascara application straightening, however this mascara actually keeps the curl in place and separates them perfectly without clumping. Being a waterproof mascara, I took it to the test when I had a funeral to attend one morning, followed by an 8 hour day at work, and my lashes held through all the tears I shed that morning! By the end of the day, my lashes did straighten out a bit, but they actually looked like how my lashes used to look right after applying the Hypnose mascara! I had no problems removing the mascara using Clinique's take the day off makeup remover. I didn't notice as much of a volumizing effect, per se, but I feel that the fact that they keep my lashes curled upwards already give it the effect of having more volume. The packaging resembles more of a drugstore brand mascara, however I like that when you close it, it has that extra 'click' so that you know it'll keep from drying out faster. I hope they don't ever discontinue this mascara, as I'm glad to have finally found my HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's fair to say that I've finally found my HG mascara! YAY! Believe me I have tried so many mascaras with almost none that was even close to an HG before. Being an Asian, I have the typical short, thin, straight, downward lashes, thus a true challenge for me to find that perfect mascara that lifts, curls, lengthens and gives volumes. Cannonball for me does just all... Seriously! Although I'd say that the volume starts to show on a 2nd coat. What I love about this is it gives my lower lashes volume and length! Something I have never found in other mascaras I've tried since I started wearing makeup literally. VERY impressed with this mascara.
The only tiny downside, if any, is the packaging. I wouldn't have guessed it's a UD product by first look, because it just looks too boring and drugstore-like, not that it matters much to me anyway, it's the inside that matters the most by the end of the day. Would I repurchase? Definitely yes. In fact I'm planning to stock up just in case it gets discontinued or sold out... :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is waterproof and a half. Even waterproof eye makeup remover wasn't able to get the stuff off completely! I do like the staying power of it; however, the fibers in the mascara suck! I generally don't like fibers and this was no exception. Otherwise, really good formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, I've found it. My HG mascara, for realz. Like many of the other ladies on here, I too have the stick-straight Asian lashes curse. Fortunately they aren't really short, just extremely straight. I hate spending a ton of money on mascara, because unlike shadows, lipsticks, and basically any other cosmetic, it really does need to be replaced pretty often in order for it to keep performing. But after hearing frmheadtotoe (Jen) on Youtube rave about it for months, I finally gave it a shot.

This is an incredibly waterproof mascara, and unless there is soap involved, it will not budge; not even my extremely oily eyelids were a match for this stuff. That being said, it WILL smudge and it WILL stay put without the use of make-up remover, so do be mindful of that.

The magic of this stuff is the curl-holding power, combined with the ability to both volumize and lengthen. Just one coat gives me the perfect natural, flirty lashes. The brush is nice and precise, and while I've generally preferred silicone brushes in the past, the traditional wand works well here.

If I had to say one bad thing about this mascara, it would be the price. I've only repurchased once so far and both times I cringed as it rang through. I don't know what that other reviewer is talking about, $24 is plenty to spend on a mascara and it better freakin' work. And work, it does. If you are plagued with perpetually straight lashes, give this a try - you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Everyone with short, thin, and downward pointing lashes, please throw all of your drugstore AND high end mascaras into the "do not use" bin/trash can. set them on fire, and go buy this IMMEDIATELY.

I am a drugstore mascara junkie. I'm talking 6 mascaras on rotation in my stash at all times. I've tried all of the hyped mascaras on YT. The closest mascara that comes to HG for me is Lancome Definicils in Waterproof. This mascara is so magical that I seriously cried after I tried it.

After some playing around, I've found the best way to rock it: Curl your lashes, or at least attempt to before applying mascara. Then apply several generous coats with no waiting for any to dry. Then, wait for it to dry just a little and curl again (this is where the magic starts to happen). Then, apply a tubing/lengthening mascara such as L'oreal telescopic (preferably also in wp) and watch your lashes touch your lids and flare out like magic.

I am in heaven. On its own, I would rate this 4.5 if I could because it does smear slightly onto my lids (nothing a Q-tip can't fix, but still annoying consider how small and nimble the wand is). The real magic is how waterproof this is that it holds a curl no matter how heavy of a mascara you consequently put on. I can use any kind of mascara after this and it will still maintain that curl, making my lashes look much more abundant than they really are. Once it sets, you can only pray to the cleansing oil gods to take it off for you. This baby will last through tears (of happiness, obviously) and sweat.

They flare out so cutely that I don't mind the extra time applying this rather than relying on falsies that always look a little forced on my Asian eyes. Oh, and I asked my husband about it, and he said that they look like falsies and he was seriously surprised when I said they were my natural lashes. Squee!

I am too lazy to go re-rate my old mascara reviews into nothingness, but this definitely is the best of the best. Sure, it's expensive. But would you rather spend money continuously buying mascaras trying to find something that works or buy this every 3 months and have it work out every single day for you?

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After buying so many mascaras lately, I have really liked a couple of them, but I have been trying so hard to find something decent that is waterproof for an upcoming trip south! An SA at Sephora recommended that I try Cannonball awhile ago, and for some reason I ignored her recommendation because it was a bit cheaper than I am used to and the packaging looked like drugstore packaging so I really wasn't sure I should trust it.
The next time I went into Sephora another SA talked me into trying DiorShow Blackout Waterproof Mascara and it was absolutely terrible, and same with LancĂ´me Hypnose Drama Waterproof. After those and also quite a few more, I started getting really discouraged.

I finally went out and spent even more money and bought Cannonball and it is just amazing. Why didn't I listen to the first person who recommended this, and all the great reviews?!
With 2 coats it gives me super dark long lashes (I even had to comb through some of them because I thought I overdid it for a random day's makeup!) and I got that slightly hardened feel of waterproof mascara without flaking or feeling crusty. If this stuff is at least water resistant, sweatproof, and looks the way it does right now then I will be very happy to have it on vacation!

Right now my only complaint is the packaging! It doesn't catch your attention as waterproof, and it resembles a drugstore product. When you're in Sephora or another store specially for cosmetics, you're looking for higher end products and something like that just was not catching my eye compared to everything else! I would never have even found it because of where it was if it wasn't for the one SA! Would be much nicer if they made it brighter and bolder like everything else.