January 27, 2015 | 1177 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by yungching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this on a whim and was not disappointed.
Was in fact really pleased with the product.
This adds volume and length to my lashes without weighing it down.
Best of all, it holds curls very well.
Despite wearing it for more than 10 hours, it did not smudge nor flake at all.
Through it all, it is easy to remove with any eye makeup remover.
One thing i really like though was how it does not make my eyelashes feel plasticky-stiff whilst being buildable without clumping up

ps: The wand was tiny enough to maneuver even the inner and outer lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Lerka

I really wanted to love this mascara after reading amazing reviews about it. But I'm sad to admit that it will not replace my Diorshow Iconic Waterproof.

I agree with most reviews that it does make lashes look great ....... though it takes some practice. It gets a little messy when applying I guess bc I have "Asian" lashes. They are straight but I consider them "normal" length lol not short. So when I curl them and start putting mascara, half of it is on my lids and then I need to clean that up and apply more mascara. I'm not too fond of this process as it takes time.
I need mascara that looks natural and gives a bit of volume and definition, keeps the curl all day, and doesn't smudge. UD Cannonball definitely keeps my lashes curled all day, gives right amount of volume and OK deifinition...but I'm not a fan of fiber mascaras as I wear contacts, and if mascara flakes, then it's a real pain in the eye ... And Cannonball does flake a bit and boy it smudges after a couple of hours! I have to keep checking every hour to make sure I don't look like raccoon.

Like I said it takes some time to get a hang of it, at least it did for me... I think it's also bc of the brush. I'm so used to Diorshow brushes that anything that looks different is difficult for me to use at first. I don't know how waterproof it is as I didn't swim nor did I cry .....yet BUT I find it difficult to remove with non-oil based waterproof makeup remover that I use to remove Iconic mascara with no problem. So I'd assume that yes it is pretty waterproof lol

So my verdict is I most likely will not repurchase it and will just go back to my beloved Iconic... I don't even know why I keep trying other mascara when I always just go back to Diorshow. Those are the best mascaras for me

*******************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: (April 1, 2014)
I still like how it holds a curl and adds just the right amount of volume.BUT the smudging drives me crazy. I use UD Primer and MUFE powder but nothing helps it still smudges and flakes. :(
The green cap came off lol. It wasn't glued very well.

April 24, 2014

I went back to Dior Iconic Extreme...no smudging.
I forgot to mention that I noticed my eyelids got oilier which was causing all the smudging with Cannonball. But now that I'm using Dior again, my eyelids don't get oily AT ALL. Weird... but I think maybe the formula of the mascara was causing the oiliness??? =/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by KEWO

I love this mascara. I have short, asian lashes that refuse to hold a curl after I apply mascara. What I look for is long lashes, and this mascara definitely gives it. It stays all day with no smudge, and I bet if I cried, it would not smudge. Sometimes, I forget to take my makeup off and in the morning, the product is gone, but my lashes are still curled. I like the click the mascara makes to let you know its closed, but I do not like the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!!! I have purchased it many times over now and it is my go to mascara for beach,rainy,party, wedding days. Any time I need my mascara to make my eyes look amazing & last! I will continue to buy this mascara! Pair this with the new subversion primer and it is even more amazing. I love this mascara!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

One word: AH-MAZING!!!!! This makes my lashes so, so long. I get asked all of the time if I am wearing fake eyelashes with this mascara. I love it. Not to mention it is amazingly waterproof. I wore this to my dad's funeral. I cried my eyes out. Not one budge. My lashes still looked long and luscious. If you're looking for a wedding mascara that won't budge when you're bawling your eyes out, look no further!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lemondrop3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Soooo happy! I have barely-there, sparse, thin lashes. On top of that, one eyelid is very hooded, which presses down on my lashes and flattens out the curl. Well, after years of trying different recommended waterproof mascaras (e.g., Dior, Shiseido, LashBlast), I have found the mascara of my dreams. Cannonball really works for me! The first day I used it, I couldn't believe that my lashes still looked curled after a long day of work! I also tried using it with and without Shiseido's lash primer and found that the curl actually stayed better without the primer. I just make sure that I coat near the base of my lashes where the curl begins to kind of "set" the curl, then I coat the rest of my lashes. Cannonball doesn't give me that "spidery", false eyelash look but a natural-looking, thick-enough, long-enough look. It is a fibrous formula which flakes slightly, but not much. The packaging is very plain but I care about the product, not the package. Don't know if there's other mascaras out there that would work better for me but for now, THIS IS IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Love this mascara! It helped my short lashes look very long and voluminous! If you love waterproof mascara this is perf for you! I cried my eyes out while wearing this mascara and all my makeup came off except my mascara, it is truly amazing. The only downside is that it's a bit pricey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I really wanted to love this mascara but due to the constant smudging I would get, it wasn't worth the trouble it was causing. This lengthens your lashes but adds very little volume. This mascara holds a curl very well and the wand is thin which makes it easy to work with. The formula is on the drier side but you won't have to worry about it flaking because it doesn't. The downfall is that it would keep smudging under the corner of my eyes even though I keep wiping it off every half a hour! If it doesn't smudge for you, definitely worth checking it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I honestly do not know why I bought this (lol). I went into Ulta one day and I saw this mascara and was like sure, why not? Jenn Im (clothesencounters). Jenn (frmheadtotoe), and Claire Marshall (heyclaire) seem to really like it so I might to! But when I tried it out, I realized that it did nothing for my long yet "Asian" lashes. I feel like this mascara would work best w/ short lashes (like the lashes the ladies mentioned above have). This mascara lengthens my lashes TOO much and doesn't give any volume at all, which I want. Overall, I think this mascara is great but it isn't great w/ my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm Asian, but I wouldn't say I have a huge problem finding mascaras that I like - I suppose I am lucky to be slightly more lash-endowed than the average Asian, and my lashes don't point downwards. So for the past five years, I have continuously used CoverGirl Lash Exact, Lashblast, and then ClumpCrusher waterproof formulas with success. My lashes looked good, couldn't complain. But of course I grew curious if any of the raved-about high end mascaras were any better.

I tried Benefit's They're Real first, because it's one of the most buzzed about. Not great for Asian lashes, I think - brush too big, formula too wet, doesn't hold a curl for long. Just ended up kinda spidery and droopy, not that great. Definitely preferred my Covergirl mascaras.

When I saw frmheadtotoe's raves for Cannonball and then these MUA reviews, I decided this would be next on my list and oh my goodness is it amazing. I have been pretty satisifed with my Covergirl's and didn't think there was substantial room for improvement, but Cannonball looks and wears so amazingly I think I am a convert as long as they make this

My lashes are perfectly lengthened and defined - no clumping - and the curl lasts all day. I tear and cry easily so the industrial waterproof properties are perfect as well (clumpcrusher wp is really not that waterproof sigh).

Agree with others that if you're paying this much $$ for a mascara, nicer packaging would be appreciated. This really looks cheap lol. But that is my only complaint!!