April 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

So I walked around Sephora yesterday, looking for a pencil eyeliner for those moments when I'm in a rush and can't apply my usual Bobbi Brown gel liner (which is the BEST for contact lens wearers -no flaking into contacts and blurring vision- who want something that won't smear/smudge so easily).

I tested all the waterproof eyeliners by YSL, Dior, Lancome, Benefit, Urban Decay, Buxom, etc etc. Every single waterproof eyeliner. After letting them all dry on my hand for about 5 minutes, I began my smudge test (aka fingers). Everything smudged on my hand except for the Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof. I was really... REALLY shocked.

I'm trying this out right now. I don't like wearing those cream/liquid eye primers due to prior bad experiences, so I always apply nude/skintone eyeshadow before applying eyeliner. I don't think this Sephora pencil is better than Bobbi Brown's gel liner, but I think it's the best of all the pencil liners out there. I think maybe this liner even comes immediately after Bobbi Brown's gel liner.
I'd say while Bobbi Brown's gel liner gives 2.5 hours of completely smear-free performance, Sephora's Jumbo Liner gives 45 minutes of completely smear-free performance. All other pencil liners (MUFE, Urban Decay, etc etc) gives me about 5-10 minutes of smear-free performance. The eyeliner that offers me the most smear-free performance is Stila's All Day Waterproof - 6 hours before smearing starts to show.

There are of course liquid liners out there that are less smudge proof and have better staying power, but I find they're often too harsh looking for work and just going out with people in general - or they flake into my contacts and severely disrupt my vision.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this online in Dark Taupe Shimmer. It came today, and it was really more of a plum color.,..I was expecting something a bit lighter but this is very dark. I didn't really care for it, It didn't go on that smooth, and I just wasn't impressed with the staying power...it was mostly gone in a few hours in hellish heat, I think it's a little pricy for what it is, and it should at least come with a sharpener. Tarte's smoldereyes comes with a blender and a sharpener. Tarte's is twice the price, but that's not worth it, either. Not a fan and won't buy again, I loved their original jumbo eyeliners but I don't like the waterproof ones or the new colors,

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

Love this! I had been using Bobbi Brown liner in a pot. Which I liked, but felt like I could do with a bit more staying power in NC's humid summertime. This is not only easy to use, no brush required, but stays on really well, blends, if you want it to. Comes off easily when you are ready to take it off and is half the price of BB.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on smooth, long lasting, easily smudged for fading, great for smokey eyes, stays on all day until I take it off. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All I can say is WOW!!! When they first came out, I bought 4 of the UD 24/7 shadow pencils and while I love the colours and the wear (they wear better as liners on me than the UD 24/7 liner pencils), these were a real pain to try to blend out....as in, once you applied them, they set instantly and unless you were up for a bit of tugging, it was difficult to smudge these out. Not so with the wonderful pencils from Sephora. These beauties remain blendable for more than enough time to smudge them out or do whatever you want. They are great as liners or as shadows. I have Khaki, which is a lovely shade of...well...khaki green! But I've also tried Taupe (gorgeous), and Brown (ditto) and plan to go back and get more. But Khaki was such a nice, unique shade and different from the UD's Narc or Bare Escentuals' Urban by Nature so I sprung for it and it is just lovely as a shadow or a liner. And these shadows do not crease or smear or fade once they've had a bit of time to set. Honestly, they are so good, it's just a bit hard to believe!

Sephora has a real winner with these beauties. Do yourself a favour and check 'em out. In Canada, they're only 15 bucks, which is much cheaper than UD (or my lovely but pricey Chanel Illusions d"Ombre) and simply a great value.

UPDATE: I love the performance and ease of use of this pencil so much that I treated myself to another one in the shade "Dark Taupe Shimmer" (#22). This is SO beautiful - very much like UD's Rehab 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil but even better, again because you can blend these for a while before it sets even though it sets to a crease-proof, long-wearing finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had bought the taupe a year ago after dishing out $20 on an UD jumbo pencil, but gave it to my mom because it creased on my lids when worn alone (I bought it for lazy makeup days). I've been searching for months for a pencil liner that stays put over primer (I prefer shadow or pencil liner for the softer look). I decided to try the matte black color.
I was afraid that the large tip wouldn't get close enough to my lashes, so I swabbed a fine eyeliner brush over the pencil tip & applied to my upper lash line with the brush. The color went on smooth, rich, & opaque! I let it set for a few seconds...after that it didn't fade, smear, or transfer for 10 hours! Woo! I also used it over primer as an all over lid color. There was slight creasing, but not enough to be noticeable by anyone who wasn't looking for it.
Today I tried tightlining with it; it applied easily & darkly in just one pass. However, it doesn't agree with my contacts...feels like I have grit in my eyes. It continues to hold up fairly well, since I've used lubricating eye drops to try & soothe my eyes. I would highly recommend if you're looking for a smudgeable liner that will stay put. I think the black is a little harsh for my fair coloring, so I think I'll exchange for the brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by thefallenangel525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love love this. I have it in grey, gold, purple, and olive green. I use it to lightly line my eyes then apply some mascara and I'm good to go. These colors, especially the gold, purple, and olive green, really bring out brown eyes. They are creamy and last forever with no smudging. Plus, they are fairly cheap and about ds priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by tinyvessels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love this!!! I usually wear winged liner and since I never have any luck with liquid liner, I've been looking for a good pencil eyeliner. Unfortunately, mostly all pencil eyeliners smear like crazy on my lids because I have extreeeemely oily eyelids. This stays pretty well and when I use an eye primer, it looks even better. I use one swipe of this and it's the perfect thickness so I don't have to go over my line a bunch of times, which I do with regular sized pencil eyeliners or liquid/gel. It is sometimes hard to apply because it's so big and if i mess up, it's hard to fix. :( It has good staying power though. This was $12 and i'm dirt cheap, but I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This truly is an outstanding product. I've always been hesitant to try any of Sephora's house brand cosmetics, and I never order online so I can try the product in person. I'm the kind of person that won't bother to ship something back, so I'd just be stuck with a product I hated. So when I finally was @ the mall shopping, I went to Sephora to look for a good waterline eyeliner. I had the SA sanitize and sharpen this, and I tested it on my waterline of one eye while I did the rest of my shopping. On the other eye, I put UD eyeshadow pencil. 6 hrs later (it was a big shopping trip & lunch lol), it was still there, and the UD was looong one. I knew I had to stop back @ Sephora before I left and buy it! I only regret not buying 2 because I don't get to the mall too often. I also have used it on my lid, and it's great for that too, but the main reason I wanted it was for my waterline. At the same price as a decent DS eyeliner is nowadays, ($12) this eyeliner performs better than others three times the price that I've tried. (YSL, MUFE, LM, etc) Nothing will EVER stay on my waterline. This is one of the few things that will for hours. HIGHLY recommend! Sephora also makes a retractable pencil eyeliner for $10 that is fantastic also! They really hit a home run with these eyeliners! In fact, just writing this review, and reading all the others has made me decide to make a special trip to the mall just to pick up some of these this weekend! HG 4 sho!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For the price ($12), it is the product worth every penny. I don't think it is outstanding quality-wise and performance-wise comparing to all the products in the market. But it does stay for 12 hrs with minor fading, smudging and minimal creasing in hot and humid days. It's smooth to apply and has very good pay off. The color collection is great as well. For the price, I really have nothing to complain. I have three colors already, and I use them as liner, eye shadow or base, they all work great. If I have some little money to spare in beauty products, this is the product I will pick.