July 31, 2014 | 2054 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These brushes are of great quality for the price and are very versatile. I often use the buffing brush for powder but have also used it for bronzer and for blush. The contour brush is great for highlighter or bronzer. I actually use the tiny detailer brush to highlighter the inner corners of my eyes and under the brow bone. The pointed foundation brush is the only one I have yet to use (I generally apply foundation/tinted moisturizer with my fingers) but I'm sure I will find a use for it. Anyone who enjoys makeup but does not want to break the bank on expensive brushes should definitely have these in their collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- blends product well
- convenient brush holder
- no shedding

CONS

- not sold individually

COMMENTS: Great quality brushes, very affordable. I love the brush holder it comes with, as well. Below are my uses for each brush:

Detailer brush - cleaning up brows, lipstick, spot conceal
Pointed foundation brush - concealer/liquid contour placement, placing eye shadow base
Contour brush - contour, highlight, setting concealer
Buffing brush - foundation, powder, bronzer

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely excellent makeup brushes! Love them all, especially the super soft blusher brush and amazing expert face brush. Just excellent and unbelievably good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by mog12

I agree that these are great. I'd bought the set for my daughter and after trying them myself had to get them too. I use Bare Minerals and I'm afraid their brushes don't compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I can only reiterate what others have said, so I won't bother.
Just buy them. You're welcome.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by grace64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I put off buying this collection several times due to the price and I ended up getting it as a present for christmas.
Concealer brush - I personally do not understand this brush, its so small and fiddly, using your fingers to apply concealer is easier and a lot quicker.
Foundation brush - I'm not a fan on foundation brushes but i think this one is okay, I am more likely to use it to apply concealer but it is nice and soft.
Contour brush - perfect size, super super soft, washes easily, use everyday, does exactly what its made for.
Buffing brush - THIS WAS WORTH THE MONEY. Favourite beauty product I own, gutted they don't sell it separately. It makes foundation application quick, easy and flawless. It applies an even coverage without caking up the foundation or powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbytori

I love these brushes, so dense and soft, they make applying makeup so much easier

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Mireille85

Love these brushes ..makes my makeup look flawless

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Great little set at a great little price! Especially love the face brush for flawless cream foundation and the contour brush also perfect for contouring / blusher / lovely soft hairs on both. The little brush works best for lips. Slightly disappointed by the foundation brush as it's a lot smaller than it looks, it does the job but not quick enough application due to its size for my liking so if I'm using a liquid foundation I'll pick it up with the foundation brush and roughly wipe it on my whole face, then buff it in with the face brush to give a really flawless finish. Finally, none of the brushes have shed a single hair, a rarity in my experience! Thoroughly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I personally think Real Techniques brushes are fantastic. I love this collection that features a detailer brush, contour brush, buffing brush and pointed foundation brush. My favourite is the buffing brush it makes my foundation look flawless and blends very well. The only negative is that I absolutely hate the pointed foundation brush, it is completely useless to blend foundation as it is far too small and leaves my skin incredibly streaky. Overall, though, this is a fantastic brush collection. I also recommend purchasing the expert face brush!