April 17, 2014 | 977 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Mak3upObsessed

These are amazing!! 2nd best to IT COSMETICS brushes but are heaps cheaper and and do everything I want them to! These do not shed all over your face!! I have tried many brands, mac, Estée Lauder, napoleon perdis heaps of high end and low end that just shed all over your face! Annoying!! But finally have found 2 brands I would recommend and that is all the Real techniques brushes and it cosmetics brushes, trust me I've tried them all! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I love these brushes!

Buffing brush: Used to apply my bb cream/foundation OR with my setting powder

Detailer brush: Used to put concealer around my eyebrows to shape them

Contour brush: Used to contour

Foundation brush: At first I disliked this brush BUT if you have any liquid foundation w/o a pump, just pour some onto this brush and use it to apply it to your face! Then use a different brush to blend it all in! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These brushes are really lovely - for the price range.
I got mine online and they cost about 23 Euros, for 4 brushes that's pretty cheap!
They seem well-made, are all very soft and light, and easy to hold.
It might be geeky but I love that they have their functions written on the brushes. The black fold-up case is great for travelling, so your brushes don't get squashed in an overstuffed washbag. It's also open on three sides, which means that even if you packed them up, the brushes would still have a chance to dry after you've washed them.

The buffing brush is my absolute favourite, like most reviewers. It's incredibly soft yet sturdy and with its big flat surface, makes light work of blending careful contouring and base to look really gorgeous & natural. I think this brush is worth the price of admission by itself :-)

The smaller (detailer) brush is also very useful, I have a few pigmentation spots and use it with concealer after foundation, before powder or highlighter. Some concealer brushes are so tiny, you need to go over & over the spot, but this one is perfect for a "wash" over a small surface.

The contouring brush is good, but fluffier than I have been using.
I think it depends on the product you use with it (I use the Sleek Contouring Set in Light which is very blendable) but it's still a dependable and precise brush for the job, as long as you have a really good buffing brush - see above.

The pointed foundation brush is my least favourite. I have a great old one (got it in Japan, sadly can't remember the brand) which is larger, rounded and flat with silkier and longer bristles: I find this a much better base brush, as the RT one seems to leave a few "tracks" behind.

Since I only got them recently, it's too soon to say how the RT brushes will last. I wash my brushes often so they may start to show a bit of wear.
Overall, I think they're good, solid brushes and a bargain.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I think compared to mac brushes these perform better especially in regards to the price. The shapes are also much better suited for the face and the contours of the face.

HOWEVER, i own about 15 brushes by this brand and i have to say the quality is DIRE. I've owned mac brushes for years and they perform great and they LAST! you pay a bit more but they last, by no means do i think MAC brushes are the be all and end all cause they arent, bar a few standouts like the 217, however this is the brand people compare with real techniques.

But these brushes, the more you use and wash them the more the hairs fall out and in 4 cases the entire HEAD if the brush has come out and this is after a year or 6 months of usage in some cases. I've had my MAC brushes for 5 years and not had any issue with fallout or anything.

I'll be taking my custom to waynse goss his brushes look much better, they'r pricier but i always say, invest in good brushes and you'll see a difference, they last forever, good brushes anyway. These, will not!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by southeasthtx92

Love then better then the mac brushes and NOT SHEDDING AT ALL!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Kayleemakeup

I ordered this online, so i thought the brushes would be a lot bigger compared to the blush brush i have from real techniques. I loved the cheap price of my other rt brush so i decided to get this kit

Pointed foundation brush- I dont really use this brush ever for foundation. Thats why i knocked a lippie off, but i occasionally use it for blending large areas of concealer even though i have other brushes to do that, but I find that i make myself use this brush

Countouring brush- Turns out I got used to it and dont really use my blush brush anymore. i've been using the contouring brush for blush, bronzer, highlighter and pretty much all the finishing touches, even sometimes setting powder if i have tons of time because its small.

Detailer brush- as it says, i do use this brush for concealer and it works pretty well, i tend to use it in rotation with my other concealer brushes, its nothing special. I also sometimes use it as a lip brush.

Buffing brush- this is probably my favorite brush in this set. The bristle's length makes buffing in anything kind of difficult but i really like this brush. Although mostly i grab my rt expert face brush in place of this because it works well to do almost everything on the face. I mostly use thus brush for buffing in foundation.

2-in-1 case- hmmm i guess i find myself bringing this case with my on travel because none of the rt brushes fit in most makeup bag's little brush slots and I always bring my rt brushes with me to travel. Its kind of hard to get the brushes into the elastic bands because its a real tight fit. I like that the case can hold other brushes in the other side of the case which is nice. I dont really like when you close the case it doesnt protect the brushes on all sides. I dont use the case of my vanity because its easier to stick the brushes into a cup than fiddle around putting brushes in cases in my opinion.

Overall- i really like all the brushes for the price, about 4$ a brush so cheap! They dry very quickly, i wash them at night and theyre always dry in to morning and way before that. They have no shedding after many wahses. they have sooo soft bristles, they really are cruelty free! The only dissapointing brush was the pointed foundation brush and the detailer brush was just okay.
The brushes look pretty with the alluminum handle and you can stand some of them up. Its nice they have the brush's name on the handle! I plan to order more of these, the price it great value!!!

Finally yes, i would reccomend this to a freind.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolutely fantastic product.

These brushes are:
relatively inexpensive
very soft
cruelty free
easy to use

I use the buffing brush to apply foundation, the foundation brush for concealer, the contour brush for contouring and applying blush and the detailer brush mostly as a lip brush and sometimes for precise spot concealing.

In Australia, they're available at Priceline for approximately $45. However, you can certainly buy them online for a lower price.

Definitely one of my must have items.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

What's left to say that hasn't been said. I have used every brush in this collection and was more than happy with all of them. Great quality and pricing, no shedding, they do the job and they do it well. I pretty much use them as they are labeled except for the contour brush which I use as a setting brush for under my eyes and underneath my nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this set is not as good as say.wonderful hand work,but just not that useful.powder brush could be bigger,foundations brush cant blend well,concealing brush hard to use,contour brush not bad,but as a brush set,can only give 3 star for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are a bargain I will say that but I personally don't think these brushes are great. The buffing brush absorbs all of my product, it's unreal. I guess I just prefer more denser brushes & better quality. I won't be repurchasing anymore brushes from this line. But if you absolutely can't afford anything better then these brushes then u should try these..that's if u can't hold out & save ur money for better quality. Sigma, crown, Sedona lace, and Mac are the best. Crown has some amazing deals sometimes & their quality is ten times better. Hautelook.com features their products often.