October 21, 2014 | 1946 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

Love this product! I use this with a drugstore kubuki brush or my Real Techniques stipling brush. Use this bronzer to contour my cheeks, jawline, nose, and forehead. It is perfect for contouring because it blends so well into my skin, and gives a very natural bronze look. I have medium/olive skin. I have used this product in the Summer and Winter. Works well with oily skin. Best bronzer I have used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This product is absolutely incredible - once applied it imparts a beautiful bronze glow that is neither too orange (I'm Chinese with a medium beige skin tone) nor too sparkly.

I always apply on top of a liquid, whipped, or cream foundation. I use a stippling brush (MAC 187 is my go to) that I press into once or twice into the pot (the payoff is deep so don't load your brush), then onto the cheek it goes. Just off the apple for a nice sunkissed look, or directly onto the cheekbone/jaw line/three points on the hairline for the classic contour look. Remember to blend! The brush is great for this, but a finger with it's body warmth will work like a dream. I don't usually set with powder, but I do like to add a swipe of pink blush on top.

Guys and gals, I really recommend this. It is just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This and Chanel's loose powder are must haves from Chanel. Partly because they are the most cost efficient and are awesome. The soleil goes on super smooth and I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I saw it on pixiwoo. It helps get into the hollow of the cheek. Then use upwards around the face and hairline. Downwards yo the jaw line and bridge of nose
I don't break out it doesn't look dirty. It's classically beautiful Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Hollykadwill

Love this product- I always end up going back to it. Personally I think it is great for winter time as in the summer it is slightly lighter and I like a powder bronzer in the summer as it is lighter.
Great for an all over colour for olivey skin that goes slightly yellow in the winter!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

bronze universel... a unique and great product from chanel! this bronzer is too die for if your like a B10 to B40 in chanel foundations, its a creamy glowy bronzer that applies like a dream under or over foundation i love to wear it over my foundation during the summer when i have a tan (B20-B30) but if i wear it over in the winter (B10) it can come off a tiny bit orange. my favorite way to use this product is to apply a generous amount in ALL the contours of my face and then apply a light layer of foundation, mine is vitalumiere aqua (by chanel) and it looks sunning! the price is completely worth it because you get so much product and it lasts forever! however tha packaging is beautiful and luxurious but annoying because its so big! btw the product has the tinniest amount of tiny tiny micro shimmer just gives you a slight glow:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i could do without this product. i am nc35 skin toned. i have to layer and layer it until i can see something, and by this time, my foundation has slightly moved. i use a dense real techniques face liquid foundation brush to apply this because i cannot be bothered to layer slowly. i have also used a stippling brush and that moves my foundation even more.
i like the smell of the product. it is a hard cream product that you swirl your brush into and then apply to your cheeks. when i am a nc30 the colour pulls up nicely on me but then starts to fade at about 5 hours. i prefer bronzing powders because they tend to stay all day.
it cost me $45 form strawberrynet but in the shops i think its arounf $60-$70 AUD.
the colour is mid ranged between red and brown. it is natural looking until you have to build it up heavy (which is often on my face). i wish theyd made a darker one for darker tones. i wont be buying this again purely based on the price, the longevity on my oily skin isnt the best, and i feel uncomfortable putting my brush into a pot all the time. (i know thats weird and that dry powders have just as much bacteria i am sure, but it being a cream and me always putting a brush in it and some hairs getting stuck on the product just creeps me out.)
nice palstic, sturdy packaging, great smell, and nice for lighter tones. but otherwise, no i dont think its the best bronzer to have landed on earth. spend your money elsewhere i think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am absolutely OBSESSED with this bronzer. For me, it's been a little bit hit or miss with Chanel makeup...some of their products I love, some are so-so, and others I absolutely loathed. But this is one product that I don't think I can ever be without. It creates the most beautiful, subtle, bronzed, glowing look that I can wear every day - no matter how tan or pale I may be. And a HUGE plus for me is that even though I have oily skin and this is a cream product, it doesn't make me more oily and it does not slide around once I've applied it.

At first it was a little difficult to figure out what brush to use with this. I tried the MAC 109 for awhile, and while that is a great shape, tiny little black hairs from the brush got stuck all in the cream, and my OCD tendencies could not handle that. So I switched to the Sephora Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45 and that has been a perfect fit. I think any medium-sized, dense, domed, synthetic brush would do the trick with this.

I use this as a bronzer, not as an all over base as it is labelled. Just some on the cheeks, down the bridge of the nose, across the forehead and a touch on the chin, and I look like I've actually spent some time acquiring a sun-kissed glow at the beach, rather than sitting inside on a computer all day.

Bottom line, you don't need this product, but even though I have plenty of other bronzers, the others just don't hold a candle to this one. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

Awesome HG fool proof bronzer. Would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If what you want is sunkissed-looking, Victoria's Secret model-looking, subtley bronzed and dewey skin...you will be as obsessed with this as I am.

Of course, I had a little sticker shock when the cashier rang me up for this back in March, but that didn't matter once I was successful in applying it. On that note, it DID take me a few tries to get it perfect. I don't use this as a primer, I use it as a bronzer on the top of my cheekbones. I mostly had trouble finding a brush that worked well with it. I started off using a stippling brush, which didn't pick up nearly enough product and didn't blend so well. Next, I tried a synthetic flat top brush which seemed to over-blend. The next brush I tried was the ELF synthetic blush brush, and it works PERFECTLY with it.

Once I mastered application, I was able to admire how long this bronzer lasts on my skin and the copperly glow it gives. I also love that, with daily usage since March, I've only made the slightest dent in the 1oz jar.

My one complaint? Every little piece of hair and lint that has ever existed somehow ends up on the surface of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by amyk0704

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! This bronzer is amazing!
I had seen a lot of YouTube gurus use this in their tutorials, and finally decided to spend the cash. It is a little pricey, but I do believe you get what you pay for. I'm fairly light skinned (NW25) and I can still use this product without looking too muddy or orange. I apply after foundation and use a Sigma F80 brush, give it a couple of swirls and that's enough for my cheeks and contour around my hairline. It's consistency is like a hard mousse/cream, so I don't think you get too much product come off on your brush either, which prevents the tango look. It also seems to last a lot longer than my powder bronzer, so is great for work or days out.
The packaging is gorgeous, and adds a touch of glamour to your make-up bag.
I really do love this bronzer, and think even though it's a little pricey, it's definitely a product worth it's price tag.