August 1, 2014 | 1061 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Extra Thick Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 5:24:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is a great mascara for creating volume. This ranks up there with MAC's Prolash and Loreal's Voluminous. An excellent buy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, it's an okay mascarra although it almost feels dry going on, not sure how to explain it, and I had been using Covergirl's Super Thick Lash and I like that better as far as making my lashes thick and lush.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2004 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Kathe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a mediocre mascara which doesn't build much length or thickness and smears a bit. I have never found a good Revlon mascara, and this is no exception. I must agree with those reviewers who remarked on how quickly this product dries up- and I always tightly cap my mascaras and never pump the tubes. Not to mention that I have never encountered a mascara which creates such a big permanent glob on the end of the brush! I'm
totally unimpressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2004 1:20:00 AM More reviews by brandy102600

i cant believe all the bad reviews for this mascara.i bought it after reading in glamour mag that this is halle berry's fav, and i cant blame her. one coat of this and they were thick, two coats and wow, i mean WOW! they were three times longer and twice as thick. i love this stuff

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2004 3:13:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, for somthing called Extra Thick, it does nothing of the sort. I was just left with a clumpy, flakey, spidery mess of lashes, even after picking them through with a lash comb. Second, this stuff irritates the hell out of my eyes, prolly because of the flakiness. Don't even bother with this. Try Maybelline Volume Express instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by autumn78

(hands in the air) i give up. i've bought this mascara three times, and now sadly i must turn my back on it. it's a wonderful mascara that really does plump up your lashes and makes you want to bat your eyes at every hottie you see...for the first week. after that you have to pick through the gobs of mascara to actually find the brush. this happened to me not one, not two, but three times. and i don't 'pump' my mascara, which will dry it out quickly. a sad day. i loved this mascara, and had such high hopes for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2003 9:27:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara thinking it would be way better than it ended up. My worst gripe about it is that the wand gets completely ruined after a few uses - the brush got coated with dried mascara. And I didn't find it thickened my lashes at all. It dries too quickly in my opinion to allow for any kind of reapplication to make it thicker. Very dissappointed with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 8:56:00 AM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst mascara I have used!!! Extra thick? I think not!!! I used about 4-5 coats of this stuff on my lashes and it did nothing!!!! Throwing it in the garbage!!!! If they had a 0, it should get that!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2003 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh...horrible stuff! It clumped my lashes together horribly and made them feel like they'd been coated in crazy glue! Plus it takes FOREVER to get it off- I was amazed with all the scrubbing that I had to do to remove it that I didn't lose all of my lashes in the process! Stay far far away from this- unless you want torture your eyelashes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the waterproof version and I wonder if that has anything to do with what I'm about to say: This is absolutely the DRYEST mascara I have EVER tried. Now, I don't mean dry as in, "it makes my lashes feel so stiff and dry", I mean dry as in, "there is hardly ANY mascara on the brush!". THAT kind of dry! I can't believe that I'd ever actually complain about the LACK of mascara on the brush---usually it's the same old gripe: too much comes out on the brush... I have to wipe the brush off before I can use it... it's too gloppy and I have to comb my lashes afterwards... With a name like "Extra Thick Lashes" you'd be bracing yourself for the amount of mess that may end up on your brush, but no, with this, you keep HOPING for some kind of mess---any hint of product on the applicator. I tried stirring the wand around in the tube to see if maybe for some weird reason, it had all settled to the bottom---the only evidence that I got ANY really on it was at the tippy-tip of the wand. The cleaning design of the entrance of the tube is just TOO effective. I tried what must have been almost four coats and I still felt like I barely had ANY mascara on! Nevermind volumizing---could I please just have SOME mascara on my eyelashes??? Not with this product. On the postive side: I really liked the design of the brush itself---for what little mascara I got ON the brush, it did a nice job of separating and wisping my lashes---the design itself has so much potential if Revlon would just reformulate!