April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am still looking for a product that will add volume to my long,fine hair. This isn't it, unfortunately. The volume doesn't last long and my hair is way too sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had liked a similar product (Osis Dust It) and when I ran out, I read great reviews for this stuff so thought I'd give it a whirl. I didn't like it at all. I used only a tiny amount and it just felt gross. I used up the container but won't repurchase. Going to order Osis online again...cheaper than buying in store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

O hell to the yes!!!! LOVE this stuff! For reference, I have fine, color-treated hair cut in inverted bob (stacked in back, longer in front) and I insist on covering up my back part/teasing back for volume. This stuff gives me a lot of additional volume for backcombing! I have also used Aveda's version (see my separate review), but this stuff works just as well at a fraction of the price and w/ a far better dispensing container. Will most definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine hair and an oily scalp. It's not color-treated yet and it goes just past my shoulders.. I came across this at a CVS and thought 'now this is different'. For the price, I was willing to give it a try. The bottle is a shaker with a cap. So, I shook some product into my palm, rubbed palms together and proceeded to spread it into my hair. Big Mistake. My hair got matted down and I could not brush it at all. Right away I realized what I did wrong so the next time I very lightly shook some product into each palm (so light that you can feel it but cannot see it) and did NOT rub them together. Then I proceeded to turn my head upside down and applied my palms lightly throughout the hair from root to midway down. The end result gave me fuller hair that I could brush and style. I love it so much that I went back to CVS and bought the other bottle on the shelf! I would imagine that other volumizing hair powders will work just the same but GOT2BE saved me a lot of $$. Another added plus in my experience with this product is that the next day my hair/scalp is not an oily mess. And when I shampoo my hair the day after I am left with noticeably fuller hair! Very strange but nice!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not what I was expecting - it's way better. I thought this would be like baby powder or some other typical powder. It feels coarse and gritty and almost wet to the touch. I also don't follow the instructions - I put it directly on my hair at the roots and fluff it up. It adds texture and volume and actually sort of does what it says it will. It does kill the shine a bit but it's an ok tradeoff for the volume you get. Its easy to use and has no scent. I will be stocking up on this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw MissChevious on Youtube use this is her "second day hair video" and I thought I would give it a shot, for 6 dollars at Ulta, I can't loose much right?

MY HAIR: Straight, but slightly wavy at the end and the underside. VERY thin and VERY fine. Also quite stubborn. My hair doesn't like to hold curls, volume, etc. within a few hours it just flops

INITIAL IMPRESSION: ( will come back soon with an update)
So I decided to ignore the instructions and just sprinkle it into my hair, starting near my crown and working my way forward, constantly fluffing with my hands to create volume.

It worked...sorta... but maybe I had gotten my hopes up to much.

That is why it is three lippies at the moment, I was expecting more OOMPH! But with my hair that is nearly impossible without teasing to the point of being a lion. It did, however, create a really messy texture that I rather enjoy. So that is a plus!

I will keep my receipt, and try it a few more times. If I end up changing one way or another I will come back with an update! But at this point it gets a "meh" rating from me with three lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very fine hair. This stuff basically takes the place of back-combing. It allows me to achieve the same exact results without creating clumps of rats nests. I don't like how quickly it pours out, and because it's lightweight powder, it's really difficult to determine how much product is remaining in the opaque container.

That said, the product itself is far and away the most innovative one I've ever used. It soaks up oil and provides grit to my flat, oily roots - gives volume by itself and makes it easier if I want to create even more volume with back-combing. Also makes my roots appear fuller because there's no liquid or alcohol to pull strands together giving that hard look that exposes scalp - yeah, there's none of that here. Just really gritty, textured hair. Does NOT leave any residual powder, and doesn't make hair look dirty in the slightest.

For anyone with fine hair, limp hair, or if you just want some more grit, volume, and texture for pliability, this is the HG. I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT AGAIN!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hoard this stuff; when it's on sale I buy 2-3 at a time and throw one in my purse, one stays at work and one at home.
I am not a fan of having to wash my hair daily-it's hard on it so I used to use dry shampoo between hair washes. Dry shampoo hasn't been my favourite, it's dulling and hard to get the white residue out no matter how much I try and brush it out. Using this kind of does the double duty of volumizing AND making it look less oily.
As for volume, that it adds. I do find it makes hair a bit sticky and hard to run your fingers through BUT the style holds all day. If hair falls a bit flat, i just dampen my hands and fix it up. Awesome.
Love, love, love this stuff! I've tried the salon stuff and it's not even close to being better. This stuff's cheap and works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought this a couple of days ago and I love it. My hair is fine and really soft so it tends to go flat and doesn't hold a lot of styling or body. Rub some powder in my hands and rub it in my scalp for some instant volume and texture. Hair is still really touchable and not stiff which I like.

Heck yes I would buy again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I used to use the other one in the red container by the same company but I like this more and here's why - you can find it easily at most CVS stores, and the powder is somewhat finer so your hair/roots don't feel quite as sticky. Easy to use and really works!