Got2B POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

3.8

Aqua , Silica Silylate , Sodium Benzoate , Citric Acid , Octylacrylamide , Acrylates , Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer

on 3/9/2013 11:03:00 PM

I love this stuff. I haven't put any special styling into my hair in years, always just wash it and brush it, partly laziness and partly just never knowing what to do with it. This product, however, is so incredibly easy to use, and makes my long boring and sometimes flat hair look more interesting and sultry. Last weekend at a party, I wore it and was told I had "after sex hair". It doesn't stay perfect all night, but I just push it up a bit at the roots when I'm in the bathroom and I'm good. It's effortless, but it does its job. My kind of product.
ETA: To use it, I just tip a small amount into my hand, and lightly rub between my palms to distribute it. Then I flip my hair and head down and sort of work it into my roots and upwards. Flip my head back up, tousle the roots a bit more, in an upward motion. Then you're going to want to wash your hands to get rid of the product residue.

on 1/22/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I already have back ups of this amazing powdered schtuff. I use this after I dry & style as a volume boosting finishing product just at the roots. I don't put it in my hands, I just split my hair apart revealing the scalp and tap some schtuff at the roots, then do the bend-and-snap and fluff up at the roots with my finger tips. I can work it like a Vegas showgirl on a weekend night fluffing a little more & spraying a little at the volumized roots. This is the exact same product as Schwarzkopf Osiris that costs a lot more, and I buy this schtuff at the local drug emporium. My normally very fine slightly wavy hair usually gets all slippery and limp after a blow job, but with this I'm ready for the VS swimsuit catalog hair wise if not in my thighs. Rawr.

on 12/26/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For volumizing, I HATED this. It made my hair gross and matted looking at the roots and I was totally unable to brush through the rats nest I had created. HOWEVER, this stuff is a miracle for getting your extensions to stay put! I had a pair of homemade extensions that I never used because the clips were a bunch of crap. No matter what I did they always slid out of my hair with the slightest tug of the extensions. I decided to shake a little bit in the places where I clipped the hair and OMG, I can tug so hard on my extensions and they don't move at all! And because I only put the powder where the clips are on the underside of my hair, it doesn't look gross and it easy to wash out since its only on select places. Now I don't have to worry about my boyfriend accidentally ripping out my fake hair ;P

on 12/19/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Awful stuff. It's very sticky, making application sometimes painful and often balding because you end up ripping your own hair out. Tapping powder directly onto scalp is no better, as the only effect is to make hair sticky, matted, and clumpy. I used this for a party, then had a hairdresser friend of mine try to help my hair a little when I got there, and she told to throw out whatever I'd used on my hair. I followed her instructions. Waste of money.

on 12/13/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have to agree with another poster, if you want sticky, dull hair, worse than before you put this on, go for it. Take 15 minutes and wash your hair. This stuff was like death to my strands.

on 12/12/2012 11:23:00 PM

Yuk. The only way I can see getting anything decent out of this is if you are having such a bad hair day - the most horrendous bad hair day EVER- and anything you use would be an improvement. Otherwise, this stuff just made my hair sticky and dirty looking. It wants to be that Aveda hair powder, but it is not - not even close. Really bad. I find all the new hair powders and dry shampoos very disappointing. The best one ever was Psssst, which is still made but hard to find and only good for blonde or gray hair. With today's choices, I am better off just putting a little tiny bit of pomade in my hair and then sprinking it with baby powder.

on 12/12/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I am still looking for a product that will add volume to my long,fine hair. This isn't it, unfortunately. The volume doesn't last long and my hair is way too sticky.

on 10/27/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had liked a similar product (Osis Dust It) and when I ran out, I read great reviews for this stuff so thought I'd give it a whirl. I didn't like it at all. I used only a tiny amount and it just felt gross. I used up the container but won't repurchase. Going to order Osis online again...cheaper than buying in store.

on 10/25/2012 10:28:00 AM

O hell to the yes!!!! LOVE this stuff! For reference, I have fine, color-treated hair cut in inverted bob (stacked in back, longer in front) and I insist on covering up my back part/teasing back for volume. This stuff gives me a lot of additional volume for backcombing! I have also used Aveda's version (see my separate review), but this stuff works just as well at a fraction of the price and w/ a far better dispensing container. Will most definitely re-purchase!

I have fine hair and an oily scalp. It's not color-treated yet and it goes just past my shoulders.. I came across this at a CVS and thought 'now this is different'. For the price, I was willing to give it a try. The bottle is a shaker with a cap. So, I shook some product into my palm, rubbed palms together and proceeded to spread it into my hair. Big Mistake. My hair got matted down and I could not brush it at all. Right away I realized what I did wrong so the next time I very lightly shook some product into each palm (so light that you can feel it but cannot see it) and did NOT rub them together. Then I proceeded to turn my head upside down and applied my palms lightly throughout the hair from root to midway down. The end result gave me fuller hair that I could brush and style. I love it so much that I went back to CVS and bought the other bottle on the shelf! I would imagine that other volumizing hair powders will work just the same but GOT2BE saved me a lot of $$. Another added plus in my experience with this product is that the next day my hair/scalp is not an oily mess. And when I shampoo my hair the day after I am left with noticeably fuller hair! Very strange but nice!