Clarisonic Deep Pore brush head

4.4

on 1/31/2013 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite brush head! It's much softer and less scratchy compared to the sensitive skin one, so it's a lot kinder to my skin--and I've got pretty tough skin. The bristles are firm enough to not splay everywhere when you apply force and dense enough to sort of 'hold' my cleanser on the surface and not sink down to waste product. Works great to keep my pores clean, especially around my nose. I change mine about 4-5 months instead of the 3 they recommend (it's just too expensive :/), but I don't notice a significant improvement when I change to a new one, so I don't think you have to necessarily use 4 a year. But do wash this at least once a week, preferably by taking it off and soaking it in hot water for a bit. The dense bristles really trap residues and water, and may smell a bit musty when you use it over and over if you don't wash regularly.

on 12/14/2012 6:51:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because of all of the stellar reviews, but no...this little baby had me purging like crazy. And yes, I did give it about a month (because initial purging should only last about 1-2 weeks) and I was still getting cystic acne and bumps where I had never gotten them before. I was so sad...went crawling back to my trusty sensitive brush head. I definitely recommend trying this out for a little bit before deciding to keep it - buy it from somewhere like Sephora that'll let you exchange it if the worst should happen and it doesn't work well on your skin.

on 10/24/2012 7:30:00 PM

I love this brush head, my skin always feels extra clean after I use this.

on 10/24/2012 12:42:00 AM

I got the Mia2 for Christmas from my SO- he got it from QVC and it came with a sensitive brush head and a deep poor brush head.

For the first 2 months I was only using the sensitive brush head.. I loved how it made my skin feel and look.. except ever since puberty my skin breaks out a little on the chin 1 week before I get my period. On the 3rd month I decided to switch to the deep pore brush head 1.5 weeks before I was due to get my period..

I have seen SIGNIFICANTLY less breakouts because of this brush head!! It is the extra "oomph" my skin needs at that time of the month. Last month I decided to try the normal brush head.. instead of buying the sensitive one.. and I used it for a solid month. I like the normal brush head too.. but still around my period I broke out on my chin.. I will NEVER not switch out the brush heads at that time again. Works like a charm!

I started to use my Mia2 with Normal Brush Head. The result wasn't as what I expected until I found this Deep Pore Brush Head.
This brush head cleans better than the normal one yet it does not irritated my skin or being too harsh! I probably will stay with this one forever.

on 9/2/2012 11:34:00 AM

This is my go to brush head. I like it, it cleans my pores and gets all the junk out gently but very effective. It's not harsh at all on my skin and I use Retin so my skin is very sensitive but this brush works great for everyday use in my case. I use it once a night so my medication and moisturizer can sink in really well. Since using it my skin is clearer, more radiant,and looks very healthy. I will repurchase as I do really like this brush head for my skin.

on 7/28/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great for my skin. Leaves my skin feeling super clean. I have extremely oily skin and my pores are HUGE. This has helped minimize my pores. I have seen an improvement in my skin. I also have bad acne scars and it has helped smooth it somewhat.

on 7/28/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've gone through two Sensitive head brushes which kept my skin in check, then switched to this Deep Pore one after reading good reviews. Thought I'd change it up a little and see how it went...well, BREAK OUT NATION. I started breaking out a lot along my forehead and my cheeks (where I don't normally break out), and this was the only thing that had changed in my skincare routine, so I attribute this to my skin freaking out.

Everything involving the clarisonic is kind of YMMV, and this is no different. It may work for others, but it just didn't work for me. I went back to Sephora and exchanged this for my trusty Sensitive brush head.

on 6/21/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This brush head came with my Mia2 and at first I liked it fine. I would have preferred longer bristles for better reach in certain areas around my nose but it seemed to do what it said. Less than a week later I'm getting small break outs, black heads and congested pores in my t-zone. I Never get black heads and except for a few random monthly spots rarely break out unless I'm reacting to something. This brush seems to strip my pores and cause my skin to crank out oil. I don't really buy into the "purge" theory. That really only makes any sense at all if you don't exfoliate and suddenly take off layers of dead skin to reveal things waiting to come to the surface. I exfoliate regularly and am sure that isn't the case here. My skin seemed to calm down immediately when I switched to the sensitive head that also came with the Mia so I'll try that out for a while. I'm glad that this brush works great for some but for me it's a fail.

on 6/7/2012 5:08:00 AM

I had the sensitive head only for about a year - it cleans the skin ok but nothing much to shout about. ( i went thru around 3 sensitive brush heads)

i was going to buy the normal brush heads when the acne ones were launched.

i was so mad skinstore stopped shipping to Singapore. so anyway i bot mine for Ebay 2 pcs at a go in good faith.

After around 4 weeks - i had also saw Wayne Goss' review on this before i started & was scared. BUt Simply Suzy loves it & so did lintkitty. I had already bot it so lets use it. - i used it alternate days & forgot to charge it for around 5 days during this 1 month & since about a week ago i have been using it daily.

I am starting to see less blackheads! I shall press on with this. i have monthly pimples now only isolated to the jaw line & this cycle only isolated to only the right jawline (with 1 small-med odd one on the nose & forehead) & no huge cystic pimples this month - lets hope this thrend continues!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools