NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

on 8/15/2014 5:56:00 PM

This product is HORRIBLE. I have pretty oily eyelids, so I thought I would try out an eyelid primer so that my shadows can look good all day. But this product actually sucks.
First off, this product creases WAY too easily on me, even if I only wear it on it's own.
Secondly, this product actually makes my eyeshadows look WORSE. Within an hour, I have eyeshadow on my bottom lashline and it looks really bad. I also think this primer actually makes my eyelids look OILER than with no primer at all... I honestly think my eyeshadow does better without this product.
Boo. I won't repurchase, this is going straight in the trash. Wouldn't get it even if it was free.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG eyeshadow primer that keeps my shadow I place even with my problem oily eyelids. Applicator helps make a smooth layer without caking and also keeps me from jabbing my eye. Would purchase again and recommend.

on 7/15/2014 12:09:00 AM

My go-to primer had been the ELF liner-primer duo, so I'm definitely not comparing this to anything high-end. However, I will say that this primer intensifies my eyeshadow and makes it last until the end of the day, which the ELF one failed to do. My eyeshadow looks the same at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it! It works very well for shimmery shadows especially. The only thing I don't like is the crappy applicator, but, you know, I'll live.
The reason why I switched was this "scientific" approach a beauty blogger did, which found that NYX primer dramatically outperformed any drugstore primers as well as the LORAC behind the scenes primer. For that, I think it deserves five stars.

on 7/9/2014 11:07:00 AM

I read about this on a beauty bloggers website and I LOVE trying new and cheap products. I LOVE this primer. It can be "greasy" but I think it absorbs the shadow well. I put a dot on each lid and pat it in the skin, and use whatever is leftover on my under eye area, around the whole eye. Sometimes it will show a crease from the primer on my eyelid but I don't really worry about it. I just work the eye shadow into my crease, and onto my lid, anywhere I am going to put it. The creases will eventually "work" themselves out. I never EVER have a crease on my lids from this, but i do ANYTHING ELSE (except using mac paint pots as a primer). This primer will keep my eye shadow on ALL DAY LONG- I use Lorac Palette's. I love it!

on 7/8/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:

-Makes eyeshadows (powder, cream, etc) last all day
-Fast drying time
-Easy to use
-Non-greasy

Cons:
-Doesn't do much for color, but it's not a huge deal for me.

How I apply: put product from wand on fourth finger and gently pat on eyelid.

on 6/12/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I thought this would work seamlessly, based on the reviews and that this would be a no brainer, since I don't have oily skin or eyelids. But I found this made my shadow crease after a few hours. I never reach for this. I will likely give it to someone and it will probably work for them though :)

on 6/7/2014 1:48:00 PM

I think people who say ¨it sucks¨ just arent using it right. When I first started i would put directly to my lids, which was way to much. Put some on your finger and use that for both of your lids. I hve asian eyes, not quite monolid but i do have a small lid area and very oily lids. This keeps my liner and shadow in place from 5:30 am till 6 pm.

on 6/5/2014 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Another fave in the beauty world, this primer is supposed to be a dupe for the Urban Decay primer potion. I haven't tried the latter so I don't know whether that's true or not, but what I can say is that this product is phenomenal. For those girls like me with extremely oily eyelids who need their eyeshadow to hold strong for several hours a day, this one's for you. Plus it makes the color look super saturated and vibrant, even the sheerest, most poorly pigmented eyeshadows I own look very nice layered over this primer.The texture is slightly tacky but I suppose that's what helps your eyeshadow stick to your lids. The product is in a nude color which looks rather clear on the eyes so if you have any redness, darkness or veins you need to cover, make sure you apply some concealer on the lids beforehand or mix it in with the primer.

UPDATE: I actually tried the UD Primer Potion and I can assure you these two are very similar. The NYX one performs just as good.

on 5/30/2014 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am shocked at the great results I got with this. I will keep buying. Shadow stays put and looks vibrant. Blended perfectly with this. Love it.

Edit: I do still love it but wanted to say that I agree that I don't think people are applying this correctly. It takes very little and needs to be blended evenly. It also takes a long time to dry but it WILL dry. You do have to run your finger over it once it DOES dry to smooth out the crease (BEFORE you put on the eye shadow) but if you do that and then it dries, it will not crease at all for the rest of the day. For the quality of how it makes my shadows look on my eyes once done and it's staying power, this is not an issue for me but may be for some people.

on 5/29/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Asian oily and hooded eyes.

In cool, dry weather this product works great. Right now it's hot and not humid but not winter dry, and my shadows are creasing by end of the work day.