April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Hand & Nail Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok hand cream- it's light but moisturizing and smells like nutty honey. It leaves no greasy residue whatsoever. However probably because it's light, it's also not extremely moisturizing if you have some dry cuticles and nails. For a light hand cream I much prefer Jurlique's.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JinxyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in the minority here. I love this cream as a night treatment. Pricey ($19US for 75ml) hence the 1 lippie off, but my cuticles have done a 180 on this. Hang nails are gone and parched skin looks plump & youthful as long as I use this regularly. If I forget for a few nights, the problems return... despite using Cetaphil throughout the work day which I prefer for day since it's frag-free and more afforable. Also, I can't get enough of Nuxe's aroma: subtle, sweet rose, almond & honey. Just calms and lulls me to sleep.

In the past, I've used Aveda's Hand Relief (not a fan of the smell and too greasy for me) as well as Vaseline's Healthy Hand & Nail - works very well, great for cuticles and I definitely saw a difference in the strength of my nails - but something about the smell keeps me from reaching for it daily.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by spagirlie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Trust me, I am a HUGE Nuxe Paris fan and have tried many of their amazing products. However, this hand cream did not WOW me. I really love the scent, which is a light almondy-honey, but this cream did not moisturize my hands whatsoever. I was so disappointed, since I have seen such great results with their facial moisturizers.

This hand cream is much, much too expensive for what you get... which is basically some nice smelling cream that hydrates for about 5 minutes. Honestly, I think this may have even made my hands a little bit more dry! Sorry, Nuxe - I love you, but please add some shea butter or something to this expensive cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

Absorbs pretty well but doesn't moisturise all that well. The packaging is quite unattractive and the smell is horrid, though mercifully not strong. There must be many better handcreams at this price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Again, I am sorry to rain on the parade here, but I find this handcream rather mediocre. It absorbs well, but that's also where the problem lies; it completely disappears, and I have to reapply very frequently. Also, I am not a fan of the smell, which is nice, but far too strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by moustibeil

How can I say that! I feel in love with the smell! And it's so effective! I work as cashiering and believe me, it's not good at all for the hands! This is pure miracle
My last bf was giving me his hands everytime i was putting it on !!!! lol
I've just finished my first tube of it! *sigh*
I really love the packaging, you can bring it with you everywhere you want

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore the smell of this hand cream but I didn't live up to my expectations. I like thick, very moisturizing hand creams and often put up with some greasiness to ensure that my hands are comfortable and moisturized. I wash my hands a lot and they feel tight and uncomfortable if I do not apply a thick cream afterwards. This hand cream is way too thin and light for my taste. However, I think this is a 4 start product because of its scent: it is hard to describe but unusual and beautiful. I now use this hand cream as a light body moisturizer: the scent lingers throughout the day and doubles as perfume. So while I wouldn't repurchase this product to use on my hands, I can see myself buying it again to use as a body moisturizer/perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Nuxe Baume des Familles et my Huile Prodigieuse are staples of mine that I will buy over and over again. However, branching out into the rest of the Nuxe brand, I have found products that did their job but were only average, which is the case of this hand cream (and the eye cream for that matter). I wear hand cream rather frequently because I have a lot of callouses that threaten to form around my nails and cuticles from years of playing piano and guitar unless I am vigilant with the hand cream (and shea butter and cuticle cream...) especially at night, but I was looking for a day hand cream that would not be too greasy.

Pros: The tube is the perfect size for a purse. The tube is thin and flat, so it could even go in a clutch. The cream soaks in quickly and is not greasy. Smells like the Huile Prodigieuse. It is less than 3oz so you could take the full size tube on an airplane in your little ziploc bag. I like this a LOT more than L'Occitane's hand cream as far as how it absorbs and how good my nails look.

Cons: The price, rather the price versus quality payoff. I can't help thinking that the price is a little jacked up, especially considering that I think this product is good, but not exceptional like some of Nuxe's other products. The consistency is a bit runny, but that is a by product of this hand cream absorbing so well. Finally, this slips off when I wash my hands and I have to use a lot of product when I apply or reapply.

In summary, if you are a hardcore Nuxe fan, you will not be disappointed by the hand cream, but it will not be your one true love like some of their other products. I will finish this tube and probably buy this again, if only because the 2.6 ounce tube is convenient for travelling, and the consistency is so runny I could probably use it in other places in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jess55

i had run out of my trusty vaseline hand and nail cream and since im living abroad in france i came across this and it is not so expensive here.it is by far the worst hand cream i have used,i can not stand the smell its sickly and to be honest it stinks.i dont find it smells like honey or even flowers.I could get over the smell if i thought it was a good product,compared with other cheaper brands i dont think it is moisturizing enough.i dont have particularly dry hands as i look after them,this drys in quickly but a few minutes later i hate that my hands feel really dry from the cream.i would not recommend it and i doubt i will even finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Marla300

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent of the Nuxe Reve de Miel handcream. In spite of its name, it does not have a distinct honey smell like for instance the L´Occitane Creme de Miel. The smell is rather floral and reminds me of honeysuckle. The cream has a light texture and is quickly absorbed. However, it is not a good choice for dry winter hands. Along with the Caudalie handcream, it is my favorite handcream for daytime use.