July 30, 2014 | 1637 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Full Exposure

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Nickerama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great volumizing and curling mascara. One of the best that I have ever tried. And I've tried a lot ! The only thing is the price. It is quite expensive, $22.00 at SDM but it's worth it if you can afford it on a regular basis. It doesn't clump but thickens your lashes nicely. I have bought it a few times, but since I'm on a tight budget right now, I'm going to try something a little less expensive. Too bad, but oh well.... I would buy it again if I could!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by furbilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this mascara. First off, I've tried several different mascaras from high end (Dior show/ Gvinchy) to drugstore HG brands (Loreal volume express), and this mascara has blown every other mascara out the water.
Yes, the wand is HUGE however it always delivers HUGE lashes and volume, within the first sweep, and you can keep building upon it to thicken and lengthen.
The formula does not flake, however is extremely moist therefore be careful of any smudges, but guess what? It lasts all day long.
My only regret is that this mascara does not come in waterproof, other then that the price is more than reasonable ($19.50), and the product truly delivers.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by omahabombshell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample at Sephora, used it for 3 days, and am back to my Jordana Best Lash. The brush is gigantic and hard to maneuver if you have those tiny lashes at the corners of your eyes and the formula just did not wow me. I love a false lash look though, so may be ok for those who like a more natural look. I don't know why you would spend this much for just ok though, there are plenty of those at the drugstore for waaay less.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I love this brush! I wish more mascaras came with a large brush like this one.
I found that this mascara made my lashes look lush, but natural (no one is going to mistake my lashes for falsies), and I really liked that. It actually reminds me a bit of the Buxom mascara, in terms of what it does to my lashes.
The only reason why I wouldn't re-purchase is because I love trying new mascaras. Maybe someday I'll buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sadiemonster

I'm surprised this is rated so low - it is HANDS DOWN the best mascara I have ever used. And like any human female I have USED THEM ALL.

I got this in the Smashbox Step by Step Ombré’ Eye Set from Nordstrom (highly recommended, btw) and I probably wouldn't have thought to try it otherwise. Now I can't see myself using anything else, ever.

Firstly, I simply cannot make this clump, no matter what I do. Even if I slather it on, it doesn't clump. This is a new phenomenon for me, and I like it. If I touch my eyelashes during the day, they still feel like eyelashes. They're soft, separated and NOT crunchy/greasy.

Secondly, the brush head is huge, and at first I thought it would make application tricky, but it doesn't. It grabs on to the lashes and applies just the right amount of product. I usually do two coats, but I don't really even need the second. It wears well, lasts all day, and I've had no problems with flaking or smudging.

The only con for me is the price. It's $28.95 (Australian dollars) in Aus, which is about US$27, and shipping from Kit Cosmetics or Mecca Cosmetica is $10. I can't really afford to pay $38.95 for new mascara every three months, so I may just buy 4 mascaras from the US once a year. Or something. Because I can't live without this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No. Just no.

I tried it on once and returned it the next day.

Strike 1: The brush was so incredibly huge! It's almost funny how oversized it is! I knew based on reviews that it would be a big brush, but I'd rather clean a bottle with the brush than use it to apply mascara.

Strike 2: I saw absolutely no lengthening nor volume nor curl holding! For something called "full exposure", I expect some BAM! and no, all that really happened was it made my lashes dark black, which is no big deal, since my lashes are already black.

Strike 3: I wore this mascara around 10 hours, which would be how long I would need a mascara to work for me on a normal day. At one point, I yawned deeply and the mascara smudged! Big black smudge on my under eye. At that point, I decided I was returning it ASAP.

Is there anything good about this mascara? Yeah, the packaging makes this mascara look really cool and tempting to buy. It's sleek black, with a red X. Don't be fooled. This mascara is terrible. I've tried drug store brands for less than half the price that worked better. This is the happiest return I've ever made.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ckelle06

While it works fine, and is a nice smooth mascara, I didn't find that it did anything extra special for me. I find that my drug store mascaras build up better and add more volume. The brush for this is entirely too big and generally unwieldy for me, and I always end up getting mascara on my lid. Additionally, while it doesn't advertise itself as waterproof, I was disappointed by just how easily water made this mascara immediately come off. Even just a drop of rain in your eye and a dab with your finger will bring a bright black splotch on your finger with just that little contact. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I actually got my entire eye wet.

It's not a BAD mascara, but for a high-end brand, I didn't find that it did anything more special than a pharmacy brand would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kyleshauna

I actually really like this mascara. I think I have tried almost every mascara out there. It is the one makeup item I can't live without and replace mine every 3 months. My all-time absolute favorite is DiorShow. But I just can't spend over $30 every 3 mths for it. This was around $20. So still on the pricey side, but better than every drug store brand I've tried (yet not as good as DiorShow).
Big Brush (which I like)
Nice rich black color.
Doesn't clump (for me anyway).
Looks natural (not Tammy Faye-ish at all).
No chemical smell.
Doesn't bother my sensitive eyes.
Negative: Not waterproof, so comes off very easily when you jump in the water. For swimming/beach days I use a Stila Waterproof one that I have a tester for...it's not bad either.

So, for me, this is a runner-up to Dior and I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara has a HUGE brush, which can be an issue for some individuals, but not for me. I finished a full size of this mascara that I received in a Sephora Kit. This mascara is extremely good at separating the lashes and adding length. It looked very natural and gorgeous. I have medium length lashes and I can see where this will be a problem for those who have extremely short lashes or need that extra volume. I took away one lippie because while it performs well, it is nothing special that I would pay full price for. It reminds me of the loreal bare natural mascara, which I, also, love for it's natural looking but enhancing lash effect. Due to the fact that there are better mascaras out there or mascaras that do the same thing for less than half the price is the reason one lippie was taken away. Therefore, I will not repurchase, but purchase the loreal one if I want that natural type of affect. However, if you feel like splurging and don't care about the extra money spent on a mascara, then it is a good mascara, I just believe it has many drugstore dupes. It did last all day without clumping or flaking and came off very easily with a regular m/u remover. One thing that did bother me about this mascara was it has a chemically smell to it and I don't know if that is normal or I got one that was starting to go bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SELENECERVANTES

Instantly fell In love with this mascara ! It made my lashes look very long and full but as time went on I noticed that it was not doing the same effect and I felt like it was drying out .