July 29, 2014 | 1986 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by MJKhan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This had been my goto powder brush ever since I got it. The bristles are so soft and they are at the correct density to distribute powder on your face without it being to cakey or fake-looking.This leaves my skin with a natural look and feel to it and I would repurchase if I ever lost it or it broke (which I highly doubt it will).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Ahh, I just LOVE the powder brush.
It's quite big so it's perfect for settingpowder and even bronzer. (not contouring, but bronzing)
It's also really really soft, which I love. I always go for synthetic brushes, like this one.

I don't have anything bad to say about this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Petra71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this brush, the size of it, just everything about it. I'm applying my lily lolo powder mineral foundation and it's just wonderful. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a well made, very soft, very luxurious brush, especially for the price. Its also huge and way too big to get in all the contours of my face when applying powder. This would be great for applying powder or shimmer to the body, and its also a good size for all over bronzer for the face, maybe in the summer I'll get more use out if it for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent powder brush at an affordable price. Is it as soft as the expensive animal hair powder brushes you might have been coveting from a high end line? No, but I've never seen a cruelty-free brush be able to mimic that level of luxurious softness. Particularly not at a sub-$15 price point. That's not to say that animal hair always trumps synthetic hair in feel, just that the animal hair has a higher quality ceiling. Anyway, RT's powder brush is definitely soft enough to please just about everyone. It feels very nice on the face, soft and not at all scratchy. It's a nice big fluffy brush, so it's great for dusting finishing/setting powders or bronzer sheerly and evenly over the face. I wouldn't recommend it for applying powder foundations, as the bristles are too long and too fluffy to deliver more than sheer coverage. If you're in a pinch though and this is all you have, using the side of the brush like a paddle foundation brush can deliver more coverage.

Like all Real Techniques brushes I've tried, this brush doesn't shed and holds its shape and softness after washing. It's very well constructed, so unlike with some budget brushes (white handled Sonia Kashuk brushes, I'm looking at you!), I don't have to worry about the glue holding the brush head and handle together wearing out over time. These brushes are made to last!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

MY FAVORITE brush ever. This is super soft and so nice. I use this for mineral foundation, blush, finishing powder, etc. It's very versatile and so soft. Did I say soft? lol, its the softest brush I have ever used. I really do get that airbrushed finished with it.

Her brushes are so good, i am going to buy them all eventually. Such great quality and does what it says. I will not bother getting any MAC brushes now or Sigma.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG. This brush is huge!!! A fair warning to everyone.

I use this to set my face with powder after doing my liquid foundation. I like the application (Mac mineralize skinfinish) to be super light as I'm already using a full coverage foundation. This is the perfect brush for precisely that! It delivers the perfect results, putting on exactly the amount of product I need and giving me the finished airbrushed look.

I personally use it by tapping the brush rapidly on the skinfinish powder (like you would when tapping a brush on liquid foundation to get a stippling, pixelated effect). Then I simply tap/sweep it across my face. Works perfectly!

I also use it to put on finishing powder, like the silica based ones, to get the perfect finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush! It is super soft and dense and I havent had any issues with shedding since I got it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

A nice juicy big brush that is great for setting an entire face after the make-up is done.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Omg...I try not to think about all the money I've spent on expensive brushes that shed, hurt my face or don't apply my mu evenly. Thank you ulta SA for introducing me to this brush (I had purchased the core collection but hadn't really used it until I got this one which I desperately needed)
This works beautifully for applying powder foundation, right now I'm wearing benefit hello flawless and use the side of the brush so it doesn't kick up too much product. I use the middle to blend everything together. Love it.