August 22, 2014 | 1602 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This thing is huge! :D I really like how it works with my powder. It applies powder very evenly. Love this and the price is not bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Reigning Supreme Queen of powder brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where have these brushes been all my life?? Like seriously! For so long I've been needing new brushes and haven't bought any because there so expensive for good quality, so I'm used to buying Mac brushes but even those your spending an arm and a leg for brushes that aren't even that great quality so I've been waiting patiently on a miracle that I would come across some good quality brushes and still be able to keep my arms and legs, and low behold I stumbled upon Real Technique brushes. I purchased this brush because I was previously using an Elf powder brush but it's way too scratchy for my face (looking for a cheaper alternative obviously, don't get me wrong Elf brushes are good too but the powder brush just wasn't working for me) so I didn't like to use it, I thought about purchasing a Mac powder brush but couldn't justify the money for a damn face brush, then when I saw these babies at Ulta I read up on reviews and did my Alleluia praise!

This brush is the first I purchased from RT so I do not know how the other brushes are, but let me say this is one of the softest best feeling brushes on my face, and it was only $9 I believe? It applies product so well and feels amazing on my face, I truly love it and cannot wait to try out more of the brushes the line has to offer. It feels very sturdy and nice so I don't see it falling apart, Thank you RT for making awesome affordable brushes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by MJKhan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This had been my goto powder brush ever since I got it. The bristles are so soft and they are at the correct density to distribute powder on your face without it being to cakey or fake-looking.This leaves my skin with a natural look and feel to it and I would repurchase if I ever lost it or it broke (which I highly doubt it will).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Ahh, I just LOVE the powder brush.
It's quite big so it's perfect for settingpowder and even bronzer. (not contouring, but bronzing)
It's also really really soft, which I love. I always go for synthetic brushes, like this one.

I don't have anything bad to say about this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Petra71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this brush, the size of it, just everything about it. I'm applying my lily lolo powder mineral foundation and it's just wonderful. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a well made, very soft, very luxurious brush, especially for the price. Its also huge and way too big to get in all the contours of my face when applying powder. This would be great for applying powder or shimmer to the body, and its also a good size for all over bronzer for the face, maybe in the summer I'll get more use out if it for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent powder brush at an affordable price. Is it as soft as the expensive animal hair powder brushes you might have been coveting from a high end line? No, but I've never seen a cruelty-free brush be able to mimic that level of luxurious softness. Particularly not at a sub-$15 price point. That's not to say that animal hair always trumps synthetic hair in feel, just that the animal hair has a higher quality ceiling. Anyway, RT's powder brush is definitely soft enough to please just about everyone. It feels very nice on the face, soft and not at all scratchy. It's a nice big fluffy brush, so it's great for dusting finishing/setting powders or bronzer sheerly and evenly over the face. I wouldn't recommend it for applying powder foundations, as the bristles are too long and too fluffy to deliver more than sheer coverage. If you're in a pinch though and this is all you have, using the side of the brush like a paddle foundation brush can deliver more coverage.

Like all Real Techniques brushes I've tried, this brush doesn't shed and holds its shape and softness after washing. It's very well constructed, so unlike with some budget brushes (white handled Sonia Kashuk brushes, I'm looking at you!), I don't have to worry about the glue holding the brush head and handle together wearing out over time. These brushes are made to last!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

MY FAVORITE brush ever. This is super soft and so nice. I use this for mineral foundation, blush, finishing powder, etc. It's very versatile and so soft. Did I say soft? lol, its the softest brush I have ever used. I really do get that airbrushed finished with it.

Her brushes are so good, i am going to buy them all eventually. Such great quality and does what it says. I will not bother getting any MAC brushes now or Sigma.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG. This brush is huge!!! A fair warning to everyone.

I use this to set my face with powder after doing my liquid foundation. I like the application (Mac mineralize skinfinish) to be super light as I'm already using a full coverage foundation. This is the perfect brush for precisely that! It delivers the perfect results, putting on exactly the amount of product I need and giving me the finished airbrushed look.

I personally use it by tapping the brush rapidly on the skinfinish powder (like you would when tapping a brush on liquid foundation to get a stippling, pixelated effect). Then I simply tap/sweep it across my face. Works perfectly!

I also use it to put on finishing powder, like the silica based ones, to get the perfect finish.