April 19, 2014 | 1709 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mka87

Another RT brush I don't enjoy. This particular brush is HUGE - almost too big. It feels like there are too many bristles in the brush which is problamatic because, although marginally (and only marginally) more efficient than the blush brush, it still struggles to pick up much product as it is also very soft. If you're looking for a minimal powder effect, then this would likley suit your needs, but for me, because I only use powder on special occassions, I want my brush to pick up a bit more than this seems to. Plus, the fact that it picks up minimal product means you spend twice as long applying powder to achieve the effect you're looking for.

Another disappointment, for me. Sorry, RT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! First of all I'm obsessed with big fluffy brushes, but the one I fell in love with in sephora was well over my budget so I decided to try this and I love it! It's fluffy and soft and just feels like heaven on a skin! My only negative point which is just my preference-I'm not big fan of thick handles but I'm in love with real technique brushes so I can overlook that.
Great soft brush! And so far no shedding! Feels sturdy too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just love it!Does an excelent job!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Abbyb717

Oh my goodness how I love this brush! I just bought it, and I'm completely in love. I have a few other powder brushes, but those don't even compare. I love how soft it is, and how well it applies and sets my powder. I also have this obsession with big puffy powder brushes and could never find one big enough or soft enough for my taste, but I finally found the perfect one! This seems like a great brand of makeup brushes and will definitely be checking out more of her brushes. One last thing.. the price! You get quality and performance without having to pay a 100$ or more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This powder brush is fantastic. It's huge fluffy and perfect for powder and bronzer. It's like a giant kabuki brush and I love it! I use it with my setting powder. You cannot go wrong with Real techniques. Their brushes are amazing and so affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely wonderful for the price! I paid 10.00 for this big fluffy wonder at my local Walgreen's. Doesn't shed, soft as a kitten, and product goes on evenly. My only complaint would be that I wish it was flatter and more tapered at the end. Just a personal preference. Also I don't find the look of the brush very attractive. But, bottom line is there are no better brushes at this price range. Period. I'll be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I love that is really big and feels really soft on your face. Gets the powder evenly all over my face in no time flat and it's been great with both loose and pressed powders. The bristles are nice and dense, but not so dense that it feels stiff. It's perfect for powder, but I actually also use it for bronzer if I'm bronzing up my whole face. It's also really easy to clean, a little bit of baby shampoo does the trick and it dries super fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've already purchased my 2nd of this brush. Perfect for a light all over dusting; very soft, generous brush. Easy to clean with a swipe on a my Dove soap bar used just for brushes.

HOWEVER. Dear Sam, I've just received my first order of RT brushes from Real Techniques supplier and OH MY. Why is my invoice attached in clear plastic on the outside of the package? The itemized list and my personal information including phone number outside of the package? Really?

If I didn't already have a longstanding history with my bank that I will always use the same incorrect phone number to keep my real number off lists and such, I'd be mad as heck with the way you safeguard private information. Please change this packing/shipping method.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush!

Pros:
- The size of it is fabelous
- It's such a good quality
- It's kinda cheap.
- Love the long shaft (that makes it so much easyer to clean the brush without destroying the clue which holds the hair and the shaft together - I know I explain it terribly)

Cons:
- none what so ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have sensitive skin so bristles have to be soft.........i also have the blush brush and somehow the hair on that one is much softer than this........for people that are not super picky with hair quality, it's still a great option....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No