July 25, 2014 | 1796 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stippling brush! I have the one by Mac (the bigger stippling brush) and found myself never reaching for it. It's just a bit to big and the fibers are longer, for some reason it's just harder for me to blend and push the product on to my skin. This real techniques stippling brush is perfect for my needs! This is the brush I reach for when using my BB cream (tarte's BB tinted primer treatment). The size is just right for stippling, I start my stippling and pushing the product all over my face then blend with circular motions. The price was much cheaper than my Mac one and definitely with the $! Great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Swiftie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Talk about holy grail! This brush is fantastic. I've been using it for about six weeks with my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and it works like a charm. It's affordable, the packaging is great, it leaves a pretty flawless result and it doesn't shed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim at Walmart last weekend- it was $9. I have the expert face brush and was actually looking to buy a new one, but figured I'd give this a try. I use this w/my Estée Lauder foundation which by the way makes my horrid skin look like a porcelain doll. But I love the way this brush applies my foundation- just pat pat it on and goes on flawless. Really a pleasant surprise. You would think this was a $30brush. Love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

The BEST stippling brush I have ever owned and tried. I cannot get over how great this applies liquid foundations. I never liked brushes for liquid, I prefer my BB or RT sponge. This rivals them. I get great coverage and no streaks and no hairs come off of this.

Past brushes, even MAC shed. This never has. It's easy to clean and keeps it shape. The quality on these brushes is unreal. I would buy this over and over. I recommend anyone new to brushes or looking for a set of great brushes to grab RT. They are super affordable and are high end quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great brush, especially at this price point. It is firm, but still quite soft. (not the softest I have ever used, but still very soft)

At first, I used it for liquid foundation. I stippled it on, and gently blend it in, in a small circular motion. It gives a slightly heavier coverage than the Expert Face Brush. I get nice even coverage with this brush. I use it more than my MAC one, because this one is a bit smaller, and can really get into smaller areas, like around the nose and eyes.

Since purchasing the Expert face brush, I have been using this brush for blush instead. Although it "eats" a bit more product than my blush brush, it works nice for cheeks too.

Get it, it is a great multi-tasker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is my favourite when applying very pigmented blushers - like my NARS. Exhibit A. I just lightly tap the tip of my stippling brush to my blusher and dab the colour to the exact area where I want the blush to go to, then I blend and swirl. It gives me precise application of extremely pigmented blushers. It's also soft, never sheds after washing and dries fast.
In Canada this retails for $7-9 cdn dollars at London drugs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought into the stippling brush craze a while ago for that "flawless foundation application" and after a couple of duds (MAC 187, Elf small stippling brush, Sephora stippling brush), I found a keeper. One of the best brushes from the Real Techniques collection and one of the most frequently used from my collection. I have some acne pitted scars on my cheeks and the stippling helps get the foundation into all the groves so that I am not left with the orange peel look.

FUNCTION: The bristles are short, densely packed but still allow for some movement while swirling. In my opinion, these characteristics make this brush stand out from the rest. The denseness helps distribute the product but since it is not rigid, it gives an airbrush look.

DURABILITY: I wash this regularly (weekly) and I've had it for about a year and it is holding up well; has never shed. Very light scratching on the metal handle and the lettering has started to rub off.

SOFTNESS: It feels luxuriously soft. It may sound silly but I enjoy putting on my tinted moisturizer with this because of the soothing sensation this has on my face.

PRICE: Around $10. Very reasonably priced, can often be found on sale at Ulta for even bigger savings.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

AMAZING, is all I have to say. I do not know where I have been hiding. This brush has made my makeup routine so natural so amazing. I have moderate acne and use a BB cream since Foundations are to heavy and cakey and BB creams let the skin breathe more, but any who I use this brush to put on my BB cream and OMG it looks so good, I use to use my fingers and a beauty blender brush and it made my BB cream look streaky and just off on my face you could def tell I had makeup, but after using this, it looks natural, its not streaky. I bought 2 extra as backup. I don't think I can live without this in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh! I have no idea how I lived without this brush. It is perfect, absolutely perfect. To be fair though, previously I used to only use triangle sponges, my fingers, or a paddle brush (followed by a wet triangle sponge to blend) to apply my foundation. Now that I started using this brush though, I don't think I could ever go back.
At first I couldn't get even coverage, but I realized I was actually moving too slowly for my foundation (which dries quicker than I expected). So a rapid stippling motion in small circles turned out to be the best way to get my foundation onto my skin flawlessly.
I had a "stippling brush" before, but the bristles were all wrong. It works much better as a flat-top blending brush. The difference from that brush to this one is that the Real Techniques stippling brush has longer stiffer bristles that create little dots all over your face. It creates an almost pixel-like effect on your face.
The brush is also a wonderful size,where some are too small (better for cream blushes or bronzers) and some are far too large (not lending itself to smooth pixels). This falls somewhere in the middle, perfect for control and surface coverage at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, let me just start of by saying that I don't know how I made it this far in life without this. Simply brilliant! I'm not a foundation user, I only ever use TM's or BB creams with blush/bronzer on top, and I used to just smear it on with my fingers. On a beautyblog I frequently read someone was raving about stippling brushes, and as I liked the way it sounded I went and did my research. This seemed to be THE stippling brush so when I came across a webshop here in the Netherlands which sold this I jumped on the ordering wagon. No looking back since! I love how this blends in the make-up, making it look flawless. I even use it to do the blush, powder or cream, doesn't matter! What I also love is that Samantha has done all these little clips on how to use them, perfect for someone who was clueless about how to use make-up brushes.I will not only rebuy when lost (nooooooo! heaven forbid!!) but I will purchase at least another one just to be sure I'm never ever without, that's how much I love it. HG!!!