October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Shiseido - Pureness Matifying Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mznicole

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This quizzically greasy product (bought in the USA) appears as a white slick on my medium, yellowish, mildly oily skin. The white slick does not disappear when rubbed, nor does it mattify, whether applied mid-day or on freshly-washed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2003 10:28:00 PM More reviews by nakisawame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mattifying stick works really well on my oily skin. I used to use Shiseido's 5S mattifying stuff (white flat container), but this is a superior product, easier to put on and blend. Even still, if you don't use a light hand you can get too much on your skin--hence the chalky look--so use it lightly. I use this as a base on my very oily eyelids. It helps keep eyeshadow from slipping into my eyelid crease (which normally happens within an hour, sans mattifying product).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by g00sie

um ... i am not quite sure about the matifying ability of this product ... 'cause i use an oil free foundation on top of this ... this might be helping a bit ... however this product is quite expensive ... i think if you use it everyday ... it could only last around 1 - 2 months ....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2003 9:52:00 PM More reviews by asian_drag

Does a kick ass job of fighting those nasty greasies. The trick is to
use it underneath (ideally sheerish) foundation to avoid the white pasty effect. It gives a long-lasting matte finish. People always tell me what flawless (yeah right!) beautiful Asian
skin I have when I use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2003 12:37:00 AM More reviews by JennyJen

I was disappointed with this. I don't think my skin is all that dark (NC20 in MAC) but this stick left very conspicuous, white, chalky residue on my nose -- especially bad overtop of freckles. It didn't do a horrible job of mattifying, but could never be worn alone -- and in that case, why not just wear mattifying makeup. DO NOT BUY this. Unless you have very paper-white skin, in which case I guess you wouldn't notice the powder. I was disappointed, because I usually like Shiseido.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 6:30:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

HOLY GRAIL! This little baby comes in a gorgeous metallic tube that's really portable and great for touchups. 2 swipes across the forehead and 1 swipe down the bridge of my nose is all I need - it blends easily and gives me a beautiful matte coverage, leaving my skin feeling like velvet. What's better - it can be used on top of makeup for touchups during the day. My only gripe is that it uses up real fast, but it's worth it IMHO. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2003 4:47:00 AM More reviews by leprechaun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the first thing that i noticed when i tried this product was that it was not like other oil controlling products or mattifiers. the texture is creamy on contact and quickly dries to a powdery finish that leaves no white chalky residue. you must remember to put your regular moisteriser on first then apply the matifiying stick and rub it in a little. i have insanely oily and acne prone skin and this product kept my t-zone shine and oil free for more then 8 hours. so far i haven't found anything that has been able to do this for me and i've been dealing with this problem for 11 years!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2003 11:38:00 AM More reviews by readmylips

Can someone tell me what this product is supposed to do.. I love my pureness cleanser but this doesn't do anything for me. I wanted it to do magic but it doesn't.. also with my two moisturizers it only works with one - on top of the other it doesn't settle in for some reason. Too bad because I spent E. 25 on it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 6:23:00 AM More reviews by wombat

i'd recommend this for people with really oily skin during summer time. it does make my skin a bit flakier and drier....but a bit more moisturiser overnight will do!
i love the packaging....the lip-stick sized silvery pale blue tube..my style!

u'd have to blend it in and make sure u don't apply too much. use it after ur moisturiser and sunscreen seems to work the best. i wouldn't call it a "miracle" but it's the best mattifying thingy i've used so far (bye bye to my expensive blotting paper). This is expensive though, $40AUD in sydney.
gosh...i really hope it doesn't run out fast (ideally, it should last about 6 months even if i use it daily over my t-zone). I'll just wait and see and make an update when 6 month's up (or when i use this up).

**UPDATE**
It's been 5 months now, I've used about 0.5cm of the tube, because it's winter now so I don't really need mattifying product. Plus it's quite drying so any flakiness will show. It's also hard to blend in during winter because it's cold. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2003 4:26:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A mediocre mattifyer. It cut down the oilies by half and it did have a nice texture to put foundation on over, but it left a whitish cast that would make it impossible with bare skin.

Great packaging, though. Perfect for your purse or for traveling.